Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1383853 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1169217 Jul 19, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
It was
so how bout a more in depth answer then? why would the age of the kids make a difference?

uh oh, asked to back up your thoughts...run!

St. Croix valley

#1169218 Jul 19, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Me too. We're probably not the only two who share these same concerns.
It helps - for me anyway - to remember who's really in control and that there's a bigger plan. Because pretty much everything in this life is out of our control.
The choices we get to make are very limited when you think about it. And they don't always work out as planned.
for you sheeple must seem that way, huh?
Liberal Hypocrite

United States

#1169219 Jul 19, 2014
Senate Democrats have completely lost it over the Supreme Court’s narrow ruling granting some for-profit religious employers exceptions under Obamacare’s HHS mandate.

Many continue to lie and mislead the public about the Hobby Lobby decision for political gain.

Proof? Here is (liar) Barbara Boxer's face book page.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php...

“Depends on the Day”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1169220 Jul 19, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Isolationism" and "globalization", two words you parrot but have no earthly idea of their meaning.
Either look up the definitions and post a response or get over yourself.

This was extremely lame even using Progressive standards

St. Croix valley

#1169221 Jul 19, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> That would have turned out real well now wouldn't it? We should have taken Patton's advice and took them out while the had the army there to do it. You do understand why we have all those troops and equipment stationed over there don't you?
you think the US could have beaten the Russians in Europe? you are a fool.
Liberal Hypocrite

United States

#1169222 Jul 19, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Isolationism" and "globalization", two words you parrot but have no earthly idea of their meaning.
More indefensible BS from a progressive. Typical.

“Depends on the Day”

Location hidden

#1169223 Jul 19, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>so how bout a more in depth answer then? why would the age of the kids make a difference?
uh oh, asked to back up your thoughts...run!
First, I gave you the benefit of the doubt and re-directed you the post. Now I see I am arguing with an idiot who fails to understand early childhood development--children learn through things they are exposed to.

You are on my ignore list again.

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1169224 Jul 19, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
......a lack of common sense....
LOL
Adults refusing to act like adults in the public schools and children being allowed to set the bar and run the show is a direct result of progressive liberalism and the poisoning of common sense. Caring about children and their future well-being is not on the curriculum anymore.

Avoiding being sued at all costs and the fear of being sued is now the first priority. No one knows that more than the children.
Liberal Hypocrite

United States

#1169225 Jul 19, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Either look up the definitions and post a response or get over yourself.
This was extremely lame even using Progressive standards
Lame for sure, but very common. We think we know everything.

“Depends on the Day”

Location hidden

#1169226 Jul 19, 2014
*you to the original post

Orlando, FL

#1169227 Jul 19, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
most of these urban yutes have no interest in education (or work), good schools or bad....
This is also true.

St. Croix valley

#1169228 Jul 19, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you really going to argue that parents are going to pay the Drug Cartel money to traffic their children to a secure border?
that comment mad e absolutely no sense in regard to this discussion. if we turn away these kids at the border, it is the cartels adn traffickers who will use them as slaves.

what part of this don't you understand?

St. Croix valley

#1169229 Jul 19, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
First, I gave you the benefit of the doubt and re-directed you the post. Now I see I am arguing with an idiot who fails to understand early childhood development--children learn through things they are exposed to.
You are on my ignore list again.
exactly what the study shows. religious cult raised kids see fantasy as real .

why is it every time i prove you to be an idiot you run away/

Orlando, FL

#1169230 Jul 19, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>for you sheeple must seem that way, huh?
For you too. What choices did you have? Did you get to choose your parents? Your ethnicity? Where you were born? The color of your skin, hair, eyes? How you are wired?

You get to choose a desired direction in life but that's about it. And even that is largely based on the choices you didn't have. Desired directions don't always work out as plan. Life gets in the way and/or destiny determines most of your "choices".

Some overcome the odds by sheer determination. But they're wired that way not by choice.

You only have five senses to grasp and understand what immediately surrounds you in the physical world. There's a lot more out there. It requires tapping into the spiritual realm. That's one of the few choices you DO have. Free will.

Now you have something to think about.

St. Croix valley

#1169231 Jul 19, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you really going to argue that parents are going to pay the Drug Cartel money to traffic their children to a secure border?
oh i see...you don't understand enough about this issue to actaully talk about it...the kids aren't sneaking into the US, they are showing up at the border and turning them selves in.

, again, you nee to understand the words you parrot lest you make such an ass of yourself again.

“Depends on the Day”

Location hidden

#1169232 Jul 19, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>exactly what the study shows. religious cult raised kids see fantasy as real .
why is it every time i prove you to be an idiot you run away/
I am arguing with an idiot who fails to understand early childhood development--children learn through things they are exposed to.

“Depends on the Day”

Location hidden

#1169233 Jul 19, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>that comment mad e absolutely no sense in regard to this discussion. if we turn away these kids at the border, it is the cartels adn traffickers who will use them as slaves.
what part of this don't you understand?
You are totally dense.

If the border is secure, the parents will stop sending the children.
Nostrilis Waxman

Anonymous Proxy

#1169234 Jul 19, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Understand you will move into No 10 downing soon?
Correct, as it is one of THE most important political buildings anywhere in the world and I belong there!!!!! But I wanted to let that cat out of the bag. Thanks alot!!

Orlando, FL

#1169235 Jul 19, 2014
Going to my favorite thrift store today. Been a while so very excited about potential treasures yet to be found.

Trying to discuss common sense on here is obviously pointless today anyway.

So later.

“Depends on the Day”

Location hidden

#1169236 Jul 19, 2014
Comment made by the Netroot gathering

"Group think is a moral imperative. We are stronger together if we are all the same."

Yep, it is all about Progressive collectivism

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 25 min Hal 214,591
Observations 53 min A Noted Observer 36
last post wins! (Apr '13) 1 hr Retired SOF 1,001
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr Cheftell 70,609
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 3 hr GEORGIA 1,525
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr Barack calls me B... 59,540
News Leaders pleading for peace in Chicago after wav... 4 hr Go Blue Forever 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages