Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1785912 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Support Safe School Bill”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1170034 Jul 21, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
so no recess appointments when Congress tries to pull a fast one.
got it. you know, the other part you HAVE to leave out.
Yes, but SCOTUS wasn't so pouty in the wording.

No recess appointments while the Senate is in session.
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1170035 Jul 21, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe if Galt would stop blaming the outcome of the election on people like Akin and conservatives who oppose abortion, I wouldn't need to say that's gotta stop.
It's time for conservatives to fight the liberal media on their own terms and stop being the apologists and Mr. Nice Guy.
I'm sure you would agree.
There's no such thing as a liberal media stupid. It's all corporate media. You can watch the Sunday talk shows and see right wingers like Lindsay Graham spewing their crap and the so called moderators nodding like the bobble heads they are and not calling them on any of their lies.
Do you believe in unicorns too?
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1170036 Jul 21, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Dang Ghost. Did this happen to you too? I'm still dizzy, mahn.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =e4zJdu8LK2YXX
Those white boys sure is mean!
I would not view anything an idiot like you posted. You belong in an institution, or you probably are already in one.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1170037 Jul 21, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Relax Ghost, you will have people critical of the government in a free society that allows free speech.
It is like fighting a windmill when you attempt to silence it.
As opposed to swinging on one???
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1170038 Jul 21, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
But, but, but..
I'm a communist propagandist. I have license to be a hypocrite!
You gave me the license.

and since i bet you're a birther....can i ask you a question i can't answer? it's on my bucket list. been trying to check it off for YEARS now.

Location hidden

#1170040 Jul 21, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
exactly. i do it on purpose. haven't you seen one of you ilk use a right wing source like it's something we should all believe is real?
tit for tat. deal with it. your hypocrisy that is. you know, why don't you tell us where you got that list.
It puts you in a difficult position to call someone else a hypocrite when you are knowingly being one.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1170041 Jul 21, 2014
In court of public opinion, Putin goes on trial

Investigators are still far from an official judgment of what brought down a Malaysia Airlines flight in eastern Ukraine, killing all 298 passengers and crew onboard. But in the global court of public opinion, the verdict appears to be rendered.

Vladimir Putin is guilty.

The Russian president could once claim a semblance of a role as a global statesman. But with the downing of a commercial airliner by what U.S. and Ukrainian officials suggest was a Russian missile, supplied to pro-Moscow rebels, Putin was facing a personal barrage of worldwide condemnation that threatened to result in further sanctions on Russia if it did not rapidly change course in Ukraine.

Australia has raised the prospect of banning Putin from a meeting of the Group of 20, the world’s most powerful nations, in November if he did not exert more pressure on the rebels who left corpses strewn on the ground for days, contaminated the crash site and hampered an international investigation. Britain, meanwhile, openly accused the Russian leader of sponsoring “terrorism.” U.S. Secretary of State John F. Kerry, appearing on multiple political talk shows Sunday, called this a “moment of truth” for Russia.

Particularly in Europe — a continent long leery of going too far to pressure Moscow over its support of separatists in Ukraine — initial shock was quickly gathering into outrage and action.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/europe/in...
Buroc Millhouse Obama

New Britain, CT

#1170042 Jul 21, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no such thing as a liberal media stupid. It's all corporate media. You can watch the Sunday talk shows and see right wingers like Lindsay Graham spewing their crap and the so called moderators nodding like the bobble heads they are and not calling them on any of their lies.
Do you believe in unicorns too?
How's the weather on the Moon?
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1170043 Jul 21, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Some day, I hope to have as many socks as you. What VPN service do you use sock? I'm too cheap and in the Ghetto, we can't afford it. I'm waiting for ObamaVPN to go along with my Obamaphone.
You are one paranoid idiot Waxballs, Ghost only posts as Ghost no one else. It took me a while to just get minimum service up here in the mountains Idiot. But I love your obsession. Whiney azz.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1170044 Jul 21, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but SCOTUS wasn't so pouty in the wording.
No recess appointments while the Senate is in session.
and as long as Obama is in office the Senate will always be in session.

though you do know if a Republican sneaks in in 2016 that won't change? you always reap what you sow.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1170045 Jul 21, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
What preempted the Gaza blockade?
How did the West Bank become occupied?
The 1967 borders wouldn't have changed if it weren't for muzzie intolerance.
The illegal occupation of Palestine by zionist zealots.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1170046 Jul 21, 2014
Obama, GOP lawmakers place blame on Putin

http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/18/politics/top-of...
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1170047 Jul 21, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
This might have to be posted again tomorrow since things seem to be winding down now.
VIENNA (AP)— Joint efforts by U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry and three other Western foreign ministers failed Sunday to advance faltering nuclear talks with Iran with the target date for a deal only a week away.
Tehran says it needs to expand enrichment to make reactor fuel but the U.S. fears Tehran could steer the activity toward manufacturing the core of nuclear missiles. The U.S. wants deep enrichment cuts; Iran wants to greatly expand enrichment.
http://news.msn.com/world/no-iran-breakthroug...
Iran is playing us like a fiddle that's off key.
Night.
HEY STUPID! You still don't realize that Iran played you hero George W like a fiddle using their agent Ahmed Chalabi and his band of fabricators to use our blood and treasure to do what they couldn't; overthrow Saddam Hussein.
If the Iranians are getting recalcitrant in the talks then we just ratchet up the economic sanctions that brought them to the table in the first place. Or maybe you want to just go to war and have more Americans come home in boxes?
You're an idiot Carol; you always have been and always will be!

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1170048 Jul 21, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
You nut case. You didn't provide proof--you provided an opinion piece.
You are acting like a cray-cray with all your threats.
People will post whatever they want and you have no power to change that!
No. I provided the dates of the court cases from the Republican list. Dates that coincided with the Bush administration...not Obama's. So, once again, provide a list of SCOTUS decisions on court cases that originated under the Obama administration. Put up or shut up.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1170049 Jul 21, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
It puts you in a difficult position to call someone else a hypocrite when you are knowingly being one.
at one time i was all pious and tried to stand above the crap, but what's the point when someone like you gets the facts shoved in their face and the next day you act like you have no clue? and it's not just you. all of your kind like to ignore what they don't want to hear. so why not rattle the cage as loudly as possible? so, biased sources. just to piss You off.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1170051 Jul 21, 2014
More Proof That Republicans Hate America Because a Majority Twice Elected Barack Obama

http://www.politicususa.com/2014/07/20/proof-...

more? omg.

Location hidden

#1170052 Jul 21, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
As opposed to swinging on one???
Hey, what you do with your windmill is between you and it. NOMB

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1170054 Jul 21, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
As senseless seems to want to act like the message board bully. Why not stir the pot? Right folks?
Obama failures--
Obama gift to Queen Elizabeth? iPod featuring his own speeches
L MAO. Typical Rethug. You can't back up your claims so you choose a path of personal attacks and insults. Pathetic.
Patrick

United States

#1170055 Jul 21, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
They did, because they were white republicans.
".......a delusional dingbat Carol...."
Republicans- the party of bumper sticker slogans, no leaders & no ideas...

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#1170056 Jul 21, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
The illegal occupation of Palestine by zionist zealots.
Illegal occupation? Palestine didn't exist until the end of WW1.

What's wrong with insuring you're not left out of the process when Europe was carving up the Mid-East for themselves? Jews have been living in that region long before there were Muslims.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 14 min loose cannon 243,616
SCUMBAG FASCISTs-NAZIs RUN THIS SITE. 1 hr SCUMBAGfukinNAZIs 3
Homeowner Defends Home 1 hr Homeowner HERO 12
ALL BS, all the time. 1 hr Hergenrother 2
Dangerous People 1 hr WHEREs NO- 1 3
Whadayahear Whadayaknow? 1 hr Accept the Truth 3
News Chicago man charged with burglary in Bartlett 6 hr Bad News Frank 3

Chicago Jobs

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages