Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1478628 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“12 Days”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1169328 Jul 19, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> When jackasses like you want to let them at the border, how would they get food?
Christians would want to help these kids.
Fake Christians & selfish people would let therm pile up at the border.
Jesus said to help people that needed help.
He didn't say to judge them first.
How they got to the border is not relevant.
I find it rather amusing how you Progressives keep pretending Mexico has NO food
Waxman

Anonymous Proxy

#1169330 Jul 19, 2014
Bwaaaaaaaaahaaaaahahaaaaaaaaaa aaa!!!! My judgits have been unleashed!!!!!!!!!!
Even Steven

Frankfort, KY

#1169331 Jul 19, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
You can hold any beliefs you want; you just can't force them on others. If you don't believe in abortion then don't have one but a woman's right to choose whether or not to terminate a pregnancy was upheld by the Supreme Court in Roe v Wade. If you don't believe in contraception; don't use it but the right to access it was upheld by SCOTUS in Griswold v Connecticut.
You can believe anything you want about gays and lesbians but you can't use those beliefs to discriminate against them or to afford them the same rights and protections under the law that all citizens are entitled to.
Where's the hypocrisy in that?
consider a great deal of major legislation as determining what is morally right for the nation.
Morality is about right and wrong, and that’s what laws put into legal form. And everyone in politics — conservatives and liberals — is trying to legislate morality. The only question is:“Whose morality should be legislated?”

The pro-life side wants to impose continued pregnancy on the mother, the pro-abortion side wants to impose death on the baby. Even liberals want to legislate and impose morality on others! It isn't a question of whether or not a woman should be legally allowed to have an abortion. It is a question as to whether or not it is morally right for a woman to kill her baby. We clearly believe it is morally wrong to kill another human being. So whose morality should bwe legislate? When life and liberty conflict, as they do on the issue of abortion, liberty must give way to life, as life is the ultimate right. If you don’t have life, you don’t have anything.

Using most contraceptives is not an issue as it is preventing a pregnancy. It is not killing a baby.

I do not condone discriminating against any gays. The problem is when the historical definition and institution of marriage is changed as a concession to a very small percentage of Americans.
Nostrilis Waxman

Simsbury, CT

#1169332 Jul 19, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
I find it rather amusing how you Progressives keep pretending Mexico has NO food
Dumb Dave only knows how to lie, cry wolf and do the hyperbole routine. It's what the fascists on the left do.
Patrick

United States

#1169333 Jul 19, 2014
paddyomalley wrote:
<quoted text>
Israel is less than a week from reclaiming the Gaza and they will NEVER give it back, partly because they know it was a mistake the first time and mostly to rub Odonothings nose in it. I wouldn't expect many sub-human trash left alive in the Gaza either.
check back in a week !
Even Steven

Frankfort, KY

#1169334 Jul 19, 2014
I consider

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1169335 Jul 19, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Either look up the definitions and post a response or get over yourself.
This was extremely lame even using Progressive standards
Duck and Dodge. That's your modus operandi.

Since: May 14

Location hidden

#1169336 Jul 19, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
Watching UFO shows. Very interesting.
The government isn't telling us everything. Former government employees, however, are spilling the beans.
Of course, NASA is trying to prepare the squeamish among us that we are not alone. They announced yesterday aliens would be discovered within the next twenty years.
Truth is, they've already discovered them.
(There are different kinds of aliens, by the way.)
A month ago Nasa turned over DBWriter and Eman to a UFO to trick them into believing there is no intelligent life here on earth.
Even Steven

Frankfort, KY

#1169337 Jul 19, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
How telling that you ignored the fact that only 19% approved of Bush. Typical Rethug.
The discussion was not about Bush. We were discussing Obama.

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1169338 Jul 19, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
the US is not bound by any treaty unless and until ratified by the US Senate......
mere signing is worthless, and reckless if known or suspected that the US Senate will not ratify....
the word of Barack Hussein is worthless.....
Whether you accept our obligations under the 1951 Convention Relating to the Status of Refugees and its 1967 Protocol or not makes no difference since the Refugee Act of 1980 reiterated both in the Refugee Act of 1980 which was ratified by both Houses of Congress and signed into LAW. Live with it.

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1169339 Jul 19, 2014
Realtime wrote:
One American on board flight MH 17__one single (1) American.
Which one of you teabag scumbags posted a much higher number earlier today???
I know that Roxy made that claim a couple of days ago. Another clueless rethug was merely parroting her lie.
Liberal Hypocrite

United States

#1169340 Jul 19, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, you see most of the American SW is really Mexican property. We stole it from them because we're mean, greedy bastards and now we must pay. Just ask La Raza.
Nostrilis

Simsbury, CT

#1169341 Jul 19, 2014
Nostrilis Waxmoron wrote:
<quoted text>
A month ago Nasa turned over DBWriter and Eman to a UFO to trick them into believing there is no intelligent life here on earth.
If there were only people like you on Earth, there really would be no intelligent human life on Earth, old libtard.

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1169342 Jul 19, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
That number was reported by AP and Reuters. They were obviously wrong, but hey your Monday morning quarterbacking is just spot on.
Perhaps next time in your rush to be the first with the news feed, you won't be so fast to post unconfirmed reports as fact. You might want to wash the egg off your face.

“12 Days”

Location hidden

#1169343 Jul 19, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Duck and Dodge. That's your modus operandi.
The ducking and dodging is all yours--still waiting for you to respond to the criticism of author's failed logic.
Nostrilis

Simsbury, CT

#1169344 Jul 19, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I know that Roxy made that claim a couple of days ago. Another clueless rethug was merely parroting her lie.
What difference does that make lowlife?

The real issue is O-retard has been btch slapped by Putin and the Teleprompter Stooge is irrelevant on the world stage you idiot.

“12 Days”

Location hidden

#1169345 Jul 19, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps next time in your rush to be the first with the news feed, you won't be so fast to post unconfirmed reports as fact. You might want to wash the egg off your face.
LOL, senseless is demanding I fact check AP, Reuters, and all major news sources.

You are on crack!

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1169346 Jul 19, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your lack of knowledge about the Constitution is glaring.
Any admin can sign whatever, but it must be ratified.
News flash: The United Nations Charter was ratified by the United States Senate July 28, 1945. You really should enroll in night school classes.

“12 Days”

Location hidden

#1169347 Jul 19, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh gasp, the press got something wrong! LOL

Very good, I posted this Progressive rule earlier
*Always* call the other person "rethug" or "tea-tards" it opens dialogue and makes you sound very intellectual.

“12 Days”

Location hidden

#1169349 Jul 19, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
News flash: The United Nations Charter was ratified by the United States Senate July 28, 1945. You really should enroll in night school classes.
Go back to sleep. We will wake you up when discussing stretch pants. It appears that is the only convo you can follow

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 4 min They cannot kill ... 10,033
amy1-16-17 edited for space 20 min Mr didkta 3
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 29 min Jacques in Orleans 233,799
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr TRD 71,303
last post wins! (Dec '10) 2 hr _FLATLINE-------- 2,877
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 62,872
last post wins! (Apr '13) 3 hr They cannot kill ... 2,146

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages