Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
1,073,401 - 1,073,420 of 1,096,743 Comments Last updated 7 min ago
j rocker

Costa Mesa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2014

Judged:

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Another load; it's starting to stink like hell in here.
Well than flush the DAMM toilet,PS open up a few window or quit TALKING.A lot sheet flying on both ends.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2014

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Only two districts in Florida lily, Daniel Webster's and Corrine Brown's.
Webster's was redrawn so that he could defeat Grayson and Brown's has always been f'd up in a way that all but guarantees a black Dem.
On that note, Jim Greer, the former head of the Florida GOP was released from prison over the weekend.
numerous districts will be affected if this silly ruling stands....

not just the two in question, but all adjoining districts and likely ripple effects beyond that....

the net outcome will probably be replacing a black woman with yet another NYC Bocajew....

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2014

Judged:

Chill Out wrote:
Everybody here needs to chill out. Go watch some silly videos and forget about problems you cannot solve on this forum that has been running since 2008.
http://m.youtube.com/watch...
Seriously, you are getting your blood pressure all worked up over nothing.
Write to your representatives, that is where to vent. Not here where everybody just wants to dump on each other.
Go watch a few tiny animals have a birthday party and then go out and buy a cake.
It will do more for the economy and make somebody happy.
Coming here to argue and call each other names is just going to make you old and cranky.
Some of us see topix as a pastime and a way to vent our frustrations because of our strongly held beliefs in what we believe America should be. And go about our daily lives otherwise.

Others who come on here just to call us names are already old and cranky.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2014

Judged:

‘The Buck Stops With Me’

Boehner’s Empty Charge Against Obama

In trying to lay the blame for the border crisis on the White House’s doorstep, House Speaker John Boehner exploded at a press conference on Thursday, saying of the president:

“He’s been president for five and a half years! When is he going to take responsibility for something?”

The suggestion in the question — that the president doesn’t take responsibility for anything — is so outrageously untrue that it demands strong rebuttal.

President Obama hasn’t taken all the blame Republicans have ascribed to him, nor should he have. But he has often been quick to take responsibility.

In 2009, after the administration came under fire for A.I.G. executives’ receiving bonuses after the bailout, Obama said on the lawn of the White House:

“Ultimately I’m responsible. I’m the president of the United States. We’ve got a big mess that we’re having to clean up. Nobody here drafted those contracts. Nobody here was responsible for supervising A.I.G. and allowing themselves to put the economy at risk by some of the outrageous behavior that they were engaged in. We are responsible, though. The buck stops with me.”

After the failed bombing plot on Christmas Day in 2009 by a young Nigerian man with plastic explosives sewn into his underwear, the president took responsibility for intelligence lapses, saying the next month:

“Moreover, I am less interested in passing out blame than I am in learning from and correcting these mistakes to make us safer. For ultimately, the buck stops with me.”

In a 2011 interview with CNN’s Wolf Blitzer, the president took responsibility for the economy and the rate at which it was being repaired, saying:

“Well, here’s what I remember, is that when I came into office, I knew I was going to have a big mess to clean up and, frankly, the mess has been bigger than I think a lot of people anticipated at the time. We have made steady progress on these fronts, but we’re not making progress fast enough.

“And what I continue to believe is that ultimately the buck stops with me. I’m going to be accountable. I think people understand that a lot of these problems were decades in the making. People understand that this financial crisis was the worst since the Great Depression. But, ultimately, they say, look, he’s the president, we think he has good intentions, but we’re impatient and we want to see things move faster.”

(It should be noted that this president has produced 45 straight months of job growth, and the June jobs report released this month was particularly strong.)

In an interview in the 2012 election cycle, the president reiterated his philosophy about presidential responsibility in response to a question about Mitt Romney’s relationship to Bain Capital:

“Well, here’s what I know, we were just talking about responsibility, and as president of the United States, it’s pretty clear to me that I’m responsible for folks who are working in the federal government and, you know, Harry Truman said the buck stops with you.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/14/opinion/cha...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2014

Judged:

In a 2013 interview with CNN’s Chris Cuomo, the president said he was accountable for Washington gridlock:

“Well, look, ultimately, the buck stops with me. And so any time we are not moving forward on things that should be simple, I get frustrated.”

In an interview with MSNBC’s Chuck Todd after the health care rollout, the president took responsibility for the problems rather than simply pin them on Kathleen Sebelius, then the health and human services secretary, saying:“My priority right now is to get it fixed.... Ultimately, the buck stops with me. I’m the president. This is my team. If it is not working, it is my job to get it fixed.”

(The site is now fixed, the law is working, and according to a Gallup report issued Thursday the uninsured rate has dropped to “the lowest quarterly average recorded since Gallup and Healthways began tracking the percentage of uninsured Americans in 2008.”)

This president is a habitual blame-taker. This is the anti-George W. Bush. The fess-upper in chief. He is the antidote to the eight previous years of obfuscation, fault-dodging and flat-out denial.

This is one of the traits that made Obama an attractive candidate, and it is one of his best traits as a president.

But taking his share of responsibility does not mean he must acquiesce to his opponents and absolve them of guilt, particularly not an intransigent Congress that would rather do nothing than something, particularly not Republican leaders who envision opportunity in opposition. The president has a duty to himself and the country to call them out for the part they play in our problems.

The real question, Mr. Boehner, is not when the president will take personal responsibility for something. He has. Many times. The real question is, When will you?

John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2014

Judged:

<quoted text>
Oh what a load. Just because he's a lover of women doesn't make him a "sex offender"; a term that is used for rapists.
How can you stand yourself with all the lying and slandering you do?
no, the term "sex offender" is applied to people who do far less than soliciting oral sex in government buildings....

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2014

Judged:

Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
You obviously know all of the ways to be willfully ignorant.
See Chill Out? Old and cranky.
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2014

Judged:

<quoted text>
Oh no I have not. I have called him out on it; I find them disgusting and furthermore, that is n not ghost. Why do you have to lie?
Galt and lying are bird's of a feather, he is intimidated by me because he knows that I have proven my worth as a man while he remains a worthless coward. I suspect he has no redeeming qualities, friends or loved ones. A pathetic hater that is incapable of laughter, while having no clue about having fun. A very insecure little man, kinda like Flack.
Olive Oil

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2014

Judged:

Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
So you and Lily deny the Holocaust by not looking at the photos and the reality of those atrocities against humankind?
Guess that's one way to remain willfully ignorant.
First off, by now you are aware "I" didn't write that post to you asking to see dead baby pictures. I would make no request since those images are upsetting to me.

So, why would I look at them. I can understand the correlation you are making to abortion atrocities with those of The Holocaust, pictures I would also find upsetting to view.

But your conclusion is inaccurate. Because your premise is faulty:
No where in my post did I mention the Holocaust let alone deny it.

Willfully ignorant? No, wisely insightful. No need for insults.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2014

Judged:

Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
And just how many Republicans in politics have never harassed a woman? Or men in general? And while we are at it how many times have you longed for it to happen to you?
Ghost forgot to shed the Debil act for this post....

Since: May 14

Westbury, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2014

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Brazen Figure May Hold Key to Mysteries
Ahmed Abu Khattala Capture May Shed Light on Benghazi Attack
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/18/world/middl...
He was a low level nothing. We already know Obama, Rice and HiIlary lied
j rocker

Costa Mesa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2014

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
In a 2013 interview with CNN’s Chris Cuomo, the president said he was accountable for Washington gridlock:
“Well, look, ultimately, the buck stops with me. And so any time we are not moving forward on things that should be simple, I get frustrated.”
In an interview with MSNBC’s Chuck Todd after the health care rollout, the president took responsibility for the problems rather than simply pin them on Kathleen Sebelius, then the health and human services secretary, saying:“My priority right now is to get it fixed.... Ultimately, the buck stops with me. I’m the president. This is my team. If it is not working, it is my job to get it fixed.”
(The site is now fixed, the law is working, and according to a Gallup report issued Thursday the uninsured rate has dropped to “the lowest quarterly average recorded since Gallup and Healthways began tracking the percentage of uninsured Americans in 2008.”)
This president is a habitual blame-taker. This is the anti-George W. Bush. The fess-upper in chief. He is the antidote to the eight previous years of obfuscation, fault-dodging and flat-out denial.
This is one of the traits that made Obama an attractive candidate, and it is one of his best traits as a president.
But taking his share of responsibility does not mean he must acquiesce to his opponents and absolve them of guilt, particularly not an intransigent Congress that would rather do nothing than something, particularly not Republican leaders who envision opportunity in opposition. The president has a duty to himself and the country to call them out for the part they play in our problems.
The real question, Mr. Boehner, is not when the president will take personal responsibility for something. He has. Many times. The real question is, When will you?
The buck stops with me did you just say that NO OBAMA SAID THAT,NO THE BUCKS STOPS WITH YOU,unless you're on the DOLE. the Buck stops with the taxpayer because they ain't getting anymore moneyPERIOD

Since: May 14

Westbury, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2014

Judged:

Now we know why Obama refused to go to the border....

SMALL LIFELESS, DEAD CHILDREN Found “Washed Up Along Riverbank” of Rio Grande

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014/07/repor...
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2014

Judged:

Eleanor Beaver wrote:
<quoted text>
Does that refer to all cheating husbands, or just the ones you'd like to blow yourself?
Your obsession with blowing men and cheating husbands is duly noted.
Olive Oil

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2014

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Ghost IS NOT Debil

"Know your friends well ...
But
Know your enemies better"

If anyone, Ghost "sounds" more like dem. Can't you discern patterns, styles ?
GOD WARNS USA

Buies Creek, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2014

Judged:

US Warns Israel Against Ground Offensive in Gaza
White House statement defends Israel's right to self-defense, but also stresses caution in preventing more deaths in Gaza.
First Publish: 7/14/2014, 9:10 PM / Last Update: 7/14/2014, 9:18 PM
The United States on Monday warned against any Israeli ground invasion of Gaza, saying it would put even more civilians at risk than are currently in the crossfire of attacks on Hamas.
But the White House stopped short of criticizing Israel over the civilian toll so far in Gaza, saying the government had a "right" and "responsibility" to defend their citizens against the overwhelming barrage of rocket attacks on Israel's major population centers.
"Nobody wants to see a ground invasion because that would put more civilians at risk," White House spokesman Josh Earnest said during his daily press briefing.
Earnest said that Washington remained concerned about civilian casualties and called on both sides to minimize them.
But he declined to answer a question as to whether Israel, which has used the US-built Iron Dome system to shoot down Hamas rockets, was using appropriate force, given the rising casualty figures among civilians in Gaza.
He put the onus on Palestinian Arab terrorists to take steps that would lead to an alleviation of the misery of civilians in Gaza.
"We need Hamas to stop launching rockets that are putting Israeli citizens in harm's way," he said. "At the same time, the United States is also very concerned about those Palestinian civilians who are in harm's way.
"That's why we've been urging Israeli political leaders and Palestinian leaders to do everything necessary to try to safeguard the safety and well-being of civilians on both sides of the border."
The Security Cabinet approved an order to call up 40,000 soldiers for reserve duty ahead of a possible ground offensive last week.
As of Sunday morning, roughly 33,000 reserve soldiers were estimated to have been called up, as preparations to deepen the offensive against Hamas and Islamic Jihad continues.
The statements surface just hours after US Secretary of State John Kerry announced a visit to Egypt, reportedly to broker a cease-fire - despite the fact that neither Israel nor Hamas have expressed interest in such a deal.
On Thursday, State Department spokeswoman Jen Psaki reiterated that Washington supports Israel’s right for self-defense and pointed out that Hamas was responsible for the death of civilians.
“Civilians have been killed, and certainly that’s of concern to us, and that’s one of the reasons that we have been certainly calling for all sides to de-escalate tensions on the ground,” she said, when asked by a reporter if she thought that “the utility of an F-16 to bomb a home and kill five civilians was appropriately done.”
Psaki continued,“It’s tragic and our condolences go out to the families, but I would remind you who is at fault here, and that is Hamas and the indiscriminate attacks that they have launched against Israel.”
It should be noted that a Hamas spokesperson called for Gaza residents to act as human shields on live television earlier this week, calling the move "an effective strategy" in the PR war against Israel and encouraging Palestinian Arabs to stay in their homes despite IDF warnings to prevent casualties.
Those Who Bless Israel Will Be Blessed
and Those Who Curse Israel Will Be Cursed
Those Who Bless Israel Will Be Blessed, and Those Who Curse Israel Will Be Cursed
In the Book of Genesis, Chapter 12, Verse 1-3, we see what God says about His response to how people treat Israel:
"And I will bless those that bless you and curse the one who curses you. And in you shall all families of the earth be blessed."
In the Book of Numbers, where the Bible is telling us about the Nation of Israel that God delivers out of bondage in Egypt, it tells us:
Jesus makes a promise. He says:
"And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to each according as his work is."
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2014

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Your paranoia is the least of your problems loser. I count my blessing every time i read one of your twisted posts. If ever there was a worthless twit, you be it. Whine, bitch. hate and moan every day. Never ending ignorance.

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2014

Judged:

Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
You obviously know all of the ways to be willfully ignorant.
But as to your comment...

Not wanting to see pictures of animals being butchered is one thing. We know it happens and most of us have seen it happen but we're used to seeing meat packaged and prepared at the supermarket.

Not wanting to see the atrocities committed against humankind is a form of denial. There are still Holocaust deniers despite all of the photos and videos proving otherwise. They don't want to look at them either. Makes denying it easier.

Looking at it square in the face is how we process reality. You, like most liberals, would rather remain in denial. Otherwise, you'd have to accept the reality.
Eleanor Beaver

East Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2014

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
LOL! Didn't see THAT coming.

I don't know what is more amusingly ludicrous...the story, or that fools like you actually believe it?
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2014

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
numerous districts will be affected if this silly ruling stands....
not just the two in question, but all adjoining districts and likely ripple effects beyond that....
the net outcome will probably be replacing a black woman with yet another NYC Bocajew....
It's not silly but long overdue in Florida and Ohio, not sure about the certain other states.

As usual Galt you're talking out your azz.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Flood Warning for Cook County was issued at August 22 at 8:29PM CDT

•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••