Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1498176 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1168479 Jul 18, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Continued
There has been no assault on religious freedom. Corporations are legal entities, not people.
Plan B is not an abortion drug. When the f*ck will you "religious" people quit your lying about this. The purpose of Plan B is to prevent conception.
My God, arte you so stupid you think that no deals are made in Congress to get support for legislation??? Evidently you are.
There was no lie as to the cost of the ACA. The ACA is funded. Do you know what that means?? It means there is revenue generation to cover those costs. The CBO said the ACA will reduce the debt.
Do you have anything truthful instead of the ramblings of a feeble minded right whiner?
Dave....the ever vigilant junkyard dog. Don't bark at me, I didn't break any laws.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

New Britain, CT

#1168480 Jul 18, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually jackass the law was passed unanimously in both houses of Congress with both Republicans and Democrats voting for it.
If you want to talk about preventing aid to terrorists Bill Clinton sponsored legislation to freeze the financial assets of international organizations suspected of funneling money to bin Laden’s Al Qaeda network -- identical to orders given by President Bush this month -- but it was killed, on behalf of big banks, by Republican Senator Phil Gramm of Texas.
You're an idiot Galt; you always have been and always will be!
Speaking of idiots Paul, how was Sweden doing again when they were having their 5th day of riots? Just fine?

ROTFLMAO!!!!

You're an idiot Paul; you always have been and always will be!
Buroc Millhouse Obama

New Britain, CT

#1168481 Jul 18, 2014
Nostrilis Waxmoron wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you'd admire Herman Cain. His clown act and simplistic 9-9-9 would appeal to any shallow thinker. Too bad Stepin Fetchit wasn't alive today, he'd make a great Republican hero.
What difference does it make Ghost?
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1168482 Jul 18, 2014
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of idiots Paul, how was Sweden doing again when they were having their 5th day of riots? Just fine?
ROTFLMAO!!!!
You're an idiot Paul; you always have been and always will be!
It's pretty obvious that you are intimidated by PDupont.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1168483 Jul 18, 2014
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
What difference does it make Ghost?
Hey moron, that's between you and your alter ego. You seem to be suffering from an obvious delusional problem.
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1168484 Jul 18, 2014
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"homo"
In 2009 I was paying $1.69 a gallon, today thanks to nobama's policy's I am paying $3.73 a gallon. Of course I could buy my fuel on the main roads and pay $3.89. Do I like the increase no but, in my case it has little effect. The effect hits those who are busting their fannies to take care of their families in the nobama economy. The 20 - 25 gallons a week they use to get to work, transport their kids, costs the $40 -$50 more per week. That's a couple of grand or more a year that I would bet they would prefer to spend on their families than to support nobama's goofy policy's.
Peace
KMA
GPUAR
The reason you were paying $2.09 is that the economy was in the toilet and there was a lower demand for gas you imbecile! Now that the economy is improving there's more demand and that's the reason for higher prices.
You're an idiot Eed; you always have been and always will be!
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1168485 Jul 18, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Dave....the ever vigilant junkyard dog. Don't bark at me, I didn't break any laws.
Technically you are correct, there is no law against being stupid. As evidence I offer "BAGGERS".
Obammy Hussein Soetoro

New York, NY

#1168486 Jul 18, 2014
Libs and Their Anti-Logic

It's been fun to watch the media discuss the border crisis in real time, improvising their arguments on the fly. Let's try A, and if that doesn't work, we'll try B.

First, they said there was no surge at the border -- it was a phony crisis manufactured by the Drudge Report. The facts on the ground quickly made that argument inoperable.

Next, liberals told us these "undocumented migrants" (the PC phrase for "illegal aliens" -- because we'll never figure out what that means) were mere children fleeing violence and drug cartels.

Then we found out that more than 80 percent of the "children" were teenage males, some being recruited for the homicidal Central American gang MS-13, right there in the detention facilities.

(Suspiciously, liberals' wailing about a "humanitarian" crisis began immediately after Sen. Chuck Schumer emerged from a meeting with Democratic number-crunchers figuring out exactly how many more Latin American voters they'll need to take Texas and Florida.)

Why would there be a humanitarian crisis now? Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador -- where most of the migrants are coming from -- have been hellholes forever, even longer than Detroit.

The "horrendous civil wars in Central America" were a major topic during the presidential debates between Reagan and Mondale -- and that was in 1984. Mondale campaigned on conditioning aid to El Salvador on disbanding that country's "most lawless and notorious security forces" and bringing to justice the murderers of American nuns. Those guys are putting in for their pensions by now.

In 1992, Noam Chomsky described El Salvador and Guatemala as "murderous terrorist state(s)," adding that human rights abuses in Honduras were worse even than in Panama under Noriega.

So what's new now?

Liberals finally settled on complaining that if only we'd passed "comprehensive immigration reform," none of this would have ever happened. Why not a global warming bill? That might be nutty, but at least it wouldn't be the exact opposite of the truth.

We are not dealing with a delicate point of logic here, some tiny flaw in liberals' reasoning, where they neglect to consider this or that aspect of a situation. This is something I don't recall encountering before. It's anti-logic.

The Schumer-Rubio amnesty bill would have made this crisis 10,000 times worse than it already is.
Obammy Hussein Soetoro

New York, NY

#1168487 Jul 18, 2014
Libs and Their Anti-Logic Import More Entitlement Takers Who Will Vote Democrat

Every powerful group in America is pushing for amnesty: President Obama, Sen. Schumer, Schumer's new friends Sen. Marco Rubio and Gov. Chris Christie, Wall Street, the Republican National Committee, the Democratic National Committee, farmers, ethnic activists, the entire media, wealthy elites who need domestics and the Chamber of Commerce.

Instead of "living in the shadows" -- the shadows of mass protests, New York Times magazine covers, TV shows, government housing, free schools, free medical care, free food stamps, the Catholic Church, state colleges at in-state tuition rates in 17 states -- "undocumented migrants" seem poised to become full legal residents.

With that, they would gain the additional rights to more welfare programs, to vote for more welfare programs -- and to vote for more amnesty.(Also, they won't have to worry about being deported if they're convicted of rape or murder after they're amnestied.)

Obama has already effectively granted amnesty to millions of "undocumented migrants" by refusing to deport "children," i.e., MS-13 members.(I'm starting to think somebody ought to sue that guy.)

Consequently, a lot of Latin Americans decided it was a good time to come to the U.S. to get in on Obama's administrative amnesty and also to be here in time for the next amnesty.

So why are Obama, Sen. Harry Reid, Sen. Jeff Flake, MSNBC and The New York Times editorial page all telling us that if only we'd passed "comprehensive immigration reform" -- which would grant amnesty to millions of illegal immigrants -- this never would have happened? That's the reason it's happening!

Usually, liberals push ideas that aren't true, but sound like they could be true. Raise taxes and we'll get more revenue! Give condoms to teenagers and we'll reduce unwed pregnancies! Ban guns and we'll have fewer gun crimes!

On immigration, they're out of practice and don't know what to say when their auto-pilot "living in the shadows" claptrap doesn't work.

They seem to know that the prospect of amnesty has something to do with the current crisis, so the word "amnesty" pops into their heads, and then they end up blurting out that the cause is the solution.

We need to discourage people coming to America for amnesty, by passing amnesty! Yes, of course! If Congress would only pass amnesty, the people of the world would say to themselves, "Uh-oh! I better not cross the border into America now! I'll never get amn --" Oh, wait.

It's not that one small part of their argument is wrong. It's more like there's a whole section missing from the explanation. Or as if they're talking about some other issue altogether, such as a solution to the elites' servant problem. Or two totally different ideas got into a teleportation machine and their atoms were accidentally mixed up as they traveled across the universe, which I saw happen in the movie "The Fly."

Immigration advocates don't have a good set of arguments and, with tens of thousands of "undocumented migrants" crossing the border, their usual method of prohibiting any debate on the subject isn't working.

The very inanity of their argument that amnesty would prevent people from coming here to get amnesty gobsmacks us into silence.

In the world of the sane, the only way to prevent all of Latin America's poor from showing up on our border expecting to be admitted is to repeal the law requiring that they be admitted.

“Amor patriae.”

Eastern Oregon

#1168488 Jul 18, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Technically you are correct, there is no law against being stupid. As evidence I offer "BAGGERS".
"Baggers". Is that your new pet name for Barry? I like it. His bathhouse butt-buddies already call him that.

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1168489 Jul 18, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you are right. Nothing says leadership like photo-ops at a burger joint
Nothing says whiner like b*tching about the President having a beer with a Governor.

“Amor patriae.”

Eastern Oregon

#1168490 Jul 18, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Oh great!
Another reich wing opinion piece offered up as 'facts.'
I love this comedy channel!
It wouldn't be the same without you.
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1168491 Jul 18, 2014
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"yuck"
Yup the 4 American's are still dead. Yup the president, nobama does not give a rats fanny. Yup his S o fS hilarious advised all to get over, forget, they are dead, who cares. I would guess the families still care.
Peace
KMA
GPUAR
Okay moron let's list the attacks that took on US embassies and consulates under Bush's watch;
2002: U.S. Consulate In Karachi, Pakistan, Attacked; 10 Killed, 51 Injured.
2004: U.S. Embassy Bombed In Uzbekistan.
2004: Gunmen Stormed U.S. Consulate In Saudi Arabia.
2006: Armed Men Attacked U.S. Embassy In Syria.
2007: Grenade Launched Into U.S. Embassy In Athens.
2008: Rioters Set Fire to U.S. Embassy In Serbia.
2008: Ten People Killed In Bombings At U.S. Embassy In Yemen.
Were there any hearings or talk of impeachment? No.
And let's not forget about the biggest attack on US soil since Pearl Harbor on 9/11/01 that Bush was warned about and yet did nothing to prevent.
You're an idiot Eed; you always have been and always will be!
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1168492 Jul 18, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Repetitive posts seem his downfall as each days seems repeat of the same nonsense
Rinse and repeat.

Saulinsky's Rule # 7
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1168493 Jul 18, 2014
FedEx faces U.S. criminal charges over online pharmacies

In a statement, FedEx Senior Vice President Patrick Fitzgerald said the company is innocent and will plead not guilty. U.S. prosecutors are asking that the company assume responsibility for the legality of millions of packages a day, he said. "We are a transportation company. We are not law enforcement," he said.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/business/sns-rt-u...
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1168494 Jul 18, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
There were WMDs before the UN resolutions. There would have been WMDs again if the UN had been content Saddam had gotten rid of them until he could rebuild them again when they weren't paying attention anymore.
Would that have made a difference? If Saddam rebuilt his WMD program when the world wasn't paying attention anymore?
You don't invade countries and send Americans to die because of what someone "might" do you clueless twit!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1168495 Jul 18, 2014
A Florida defendant did not exactly make a good impression with the courts on Thursday when he decided to attack the man appointed to help him with his legal defense because he was black.

Thomas Thorpe, who is facing charges of attempted murder and related offenses after stabbing a passenger at an Orlando bus stop this week, rebuffed the public defender’s offer to aid in his defense.

“I said not guilty,” Thorpe told the judge.“I pleaded not guilty and I don’t want this negro standing next to me. I don’t want a negro standing next to me.”

Read more at http://issuehawk.com/tamar/2014/07/18/florida...
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1168496 Jul 18, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
"Baggers". Is that your new pet name for Barry? I like it. His bathhouse butt-buddies already call him that.
No further proof will be needed as to your degree of stupid. Although your keen interest in Butt Buddies is kinda confusing.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1168497 Jul 18, 2014
As Alabama’s legislature debated implementing one of the toughest abortion restrictions in the nation, Democratic Representative Alvin Holmes used his floor time to assert that 99 percent of white people would force their daughter to have an abortion if the father was black.

“Ninety-nine percent of the all of the white people in here are going to raise their hand that they are against abortion,” Holmes said.“On the other hand, 99 percent of the whites who are sitting in here now, if their daughter got pregnant by a black man, they are going to make their daughter have an abortion.”

“Now listen, you know the truth sometimes hurts,” he went on.“She’s got two other white children, and then she’s going to have a little black baby, going to be running around there in the living room, in the den with the rest of them. They’re not going to let that happen. You know that and I know that. You will never admit it. You know that and I know that.”

“All this stuff about the abortion and this and that, all that’s just a con game,” he added.“That’s for whites; it ain’t for blacks.”

Read more at http://issuehawk.com/igor/2014/03/06/alabama-...

“Stop Child Slavery”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1168498 Jul 18, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Nothing says whiner like b*tching about the President having a beer with a Governor.
I don't blame you for being cranky. It must be frustrating and confusing to defend the idiocy of Obama 24/7.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 33 min Tuffet t 237,814
News Man, 23, fatally shot in Douglas Park (Jan '08) 1 hr Alyesse Morris 3
News Hundreds rally, march for transgender rights in... 1 hr Dr. Q 4
Nancy Pelosi (our demented gal). 2 hr Well Well 9
Obama 3 hr Chi Town 1
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr Mothra 63,400
last post wins! (Apr '13) 4 hr They cannot kill ... 2,317

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages