Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1233545 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Patrick

United States

#1166813 Jul 15, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Meanwhile the first special deportation flight has arrived in Honduras with 21 children and 18 mothers
The charter plane was greeted at the airport by officials who've made various promises of jobs and such.
Hopefully things will be better for these children.
Patrick

United States

#1166814 Jul 15, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't go all Carol on me Lily. Regular immigration process is long, cumbersome and for the refugees hopelessly expensive. It's also geared not for those like these children but more for skilled workers. If the Irish escaping from the Potato Famine or Eastern European Jews fleeing from the pogroms had to wait on this process they would have died long before they were allowed into this country.
One of the things that fuel gang violence in these countries as well as in our own is drug money. Our failed War on Drugs has exacerbated this situation just like Prohibition did in this country in the 1920s.
There's no easy answers Lily.
Call me a hopeless idealist but I take Matthew 25:35 seriously;
For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me,
For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me,
Excellent Post
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

#1166815 Jul 15, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Read any good books lately Patrick?

(We just won't say that four letter plural word in front of Galt)
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

#1166816 Jul 15, 2014
.o0 (whata bunch!):-)

Normal, sane, rational people ...have a nice day! Thoughtless, shallow, self serving, haters--you know what You can do!

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1166817 Jul 15, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Too commercial, too big. It appears a respectable place. I was picturing some bars I remember in Norfolk area. Not what I prefer in a neighborhood bar.
Did you vote for Longshots own Jessica to win some radio prize??
Flake could be hanging around worse places.
She's a hottie and a very nice girl. It's to be FM99's Rock Girl. Go to events and represent the station. I kept trying to explain to the drunk Realtime that the picture he is looking at are the male owners (most of them) in drag for Halloween. He is an idiot. The place has 17 pool tables. Also, all the waitresses and bartenders are fine specimens of womanhood. As are the ones at Jerry's and Buckshots.
Patrick

United States

#1166818 Jul 15, 2014
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Read any good books lately Patrick?
(We just won't say that four letter plural word in front of Galt)
"One Summer: America, 1927" by Bill Bryson..... America a long time ago
Like Bryson as an author.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1166819 Jul 15, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
Welcome all you disgruntled, misinformed haters and racist pigs on the right. Welcome to another day of spewing your programmed ignorance and religious bigotry, disguised as patriots while you drag our nation deeper and deeper into neanderthal world. As you daily worship your great leaders like Cheney, Limbaugh, Beck, Bachman, Palin and a host of other mindless perverted cave dwellers, who do nothing but create dissension and chaos for the very weak minded of our society. So enjoy another day of mindless blather and babbling as only baggers can do, as normal people laugh at your obvious dementia problems.
this is the 'righteous' liberal goat? LOL. Matthew 25 creates his ideal hell with in himself. Anyone think this 'idealist' is going to welcome a conservative into his house? seems unlikely he would clothe them? or feed them? I will agree with statement here, you are the 'normal' liberal, picking out bible verses that suit you. It a shame you didn't read all of Matthew. Further more you are suppose to minister the word of G-d according to your book of Matthew, to these poor people, will you be down on the border any time soon? How about how Matthew starts? you know the foolish that did not prepare and wanted to steal from those who did? Like I said GOAT.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#1166820 Jul 15, 2014
Kay From NN wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really think the people you overheard talking was serious? I have heard people joke about that same thing...it's a joke. I am SURE you didn't hear the whole conversation. Please don't go there. Also ther are some blacks who didn't vote because they didnt like either men, there are some blacks who voted for McCain. There are some people who thought it was two of the lesser evil and voted for McCain becaue he was white. So again dot go there.
What a feeble reply. You have a difficult time putting two coherent thoughts together. The only joke is that he was elected twice....by people looking for a handout? "Obama Money" and the rest, that came out to vote because he was black, and they were going to receive something for nothing.
Malik

Anonymous Proxy

#1166822 Jul 15, 2014
I like him
Sam

Pelham, TN

#1166823 Jul 15, 2014
The damage is done ,it can only get worse and with all the illegal 's and their children allowed to sneak or just walk across the boarder .. I think we know how votes will go in the future ! The plan has worked ! America is no more ! Holder and his boss said all whites are cowards ,he could be right !Either way it's too late to save America !
TSM

El Paso, TX

#1166824 Jul 15, 2014
This float hit the Mark, pretty much sum up Obama presidency!!

The U.S. Department of Justice is investigating a float that appeared at the annual Fourth of July parade in the small town of Norfolk, Neb. because the float featured a blue flatbed truck carrying a zombie-looking mannequin in overalls on the door of an outhouse labeled “OBAMA PRESIDENTIAL LIBRARY.”
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1166825 Jul 15, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> She's a hottie and a very nice girl. It's to be FM99's Rock Girl. Go to events and represent the station. I kept trying to explain to the drunk Realtime that the picture he is looking at are the male owners (most of them) in drag for Halloween. He is an idiot. The place has 17 pool tables. Also, all the waitresses and bartenders are fine specimens of womanhood. As are the ones at Jerry's and Buckshots.
Yeah right!

So have your ordered your Maker Bot yet?

Only $799 at select Home Depot's or on the HD website.

It's the desk top model, the one you can make fake puke and dog turds with
PDUPONT

Belchertown, MA

#1166826 Jul 15, 2014
Olive Oil wrote:
<quoted text>
But Christianity and Judaism don't live by the diabolical mandate: "Convert to Islam or die by the sword, beheading"
"I will always speak out against attacks against Muslims".
Then why aren't you speaking out against the attacks on Christians by Muslims, the systematic slaughtering of Christians all over The Globe by Muslims.
Never a word regarding it from your lying mouth, Stretch.
Well, the Muslims have certainly been successful in their ruse of differentiating radical Islam from peaceful Muslim, when in actuality and reality, it's one and the same in belief.
They've spared no effort in their deceit, obviously, you leftist Communists swallowed it.
Muslims are protesting to "impose" their way of life on American Society. If they want an Islamic way of life, then go back to their own Countries. Don't infringe on our way of life by demanding "special treatment" and priviledges. Once that's done, it disenfranchises another/other group(s).
I don't believe The Jewish People care what you think - They aren't victims of Zionism.
They're victims of Muslim neighbors who hate them and want them pushed into The Sea. DEAD.
Cut the fake "I feel sorry for them". You don't give a damn about Jews ( or Christians ) and they don't need your faux pity.
You're only concern is for Muslims and The Palestinians.
I once believed you about the Palestinians being treated inhumane etc.
Until I read the fine print. And realized it was A Lie straight from Taqyyia Propaganda.
A Wise Jewish Judge States:
"If it doesn't make sense - Then it's not true".
You hate Jews. You hate Christians. You love Muslims.
Your blatant Muslim allegiance doesn't make sense.
Unless you're a Muslim Sympathizer or A Muslim.
Nothing else makes sense.
Therefore you are not being truthful.
Neither does Islam you bigoted ignorant twit. The Qur’an clearly states “There is no compulsion in religion, the path of guidance stands out clear from error”[2:256]
Christianity does have a history of forced conversion. When Muslims ruled Spain Christians and Jews were free to practice their religion although they had to pay a special tax and were barred from certain professions.
When Christians took over under Ferdinand and Isabella Moslems and Jews were given a choice between conversion or exile. Even those that converted were often accused of backsliding and were subject to torture under the Inquisition.
Contrary to your inane statement it's not Muslims but evangelical Christians that are trying to impose their narrow views on the rest of us.
You're an idiot Olive; you always have been and always will be!

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1166827 Jul 15, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Certainly if you take the verse seriously you also know that those who steal because they are too lazy will sit with you, the goats. You are one of the same goats that have said you would kill those who you do not agree with. Certainly you do not believe you are righteous.
The left thinks it's so clever of them to cherry pick Bible verses that serve their purposes while ignoring everything else. Of course, it's how Obama uses the Constitution, so...

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1166828 Jul 15, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Take a look at a map of the US Galt. See all those green lines crossing the country? That's the Interstate Highway System built with tax money. It was an economic boon to this country allowing companies to ship their products more efficiently across the country. That's called investment in infrastructure.
You're an idiot Galt; you always have been and always will be!
The interstate highway system was built to better move troops and equipment around the country. National defense don't you know. We had just fought WWII, remember? Smart people used that idea to better enrich themselves. It wasn't built so you could live an hour from where you work.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1166829 Jul 15, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
It won't be better__they're going right back to the same shthole they tried to escape from. They arrived in San Pedro Sula, the murder capital of the world, and were greeted by politicians, the first lady and of course reporters who call the deportations a tragedy.
Patrick

United States

#1166830 Jul 15, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
The left thinks it's so clever of them to cherry pick Bible verses that serve their purposes while ignoring everything else. Of course, it's how Obama uses the Constitution, so...
a popular manra a tea party gatherings?

People cherry pick the Bible on both sides

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1166831 Jul 15, 2014
Tinka wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe shinning needs to listen too* YOU* is you...Where is woody your pal he may tell you your persona is a bit off...
If you were a fruity thing something of a tree did you fall or were you picked? LOL AHHHHHHHHHHHH
Alright copied and written...
Three of seedlings...
Have fun you little one's and guys can be a bit out there maybe they are Cactus in the heated hot boiling vast nothingness of the *HEY BABE, WHY IS THERE NO DESERT?*
Because my dear you haven't yet been in it either eat your cake without the frosting or go drink your Ur in...LOL
Maybe I could have made her say that Honey I am working on baking a cactus cake, can you please get me something out of the freezer...
They say mostly 6 glasses of water are accurate for the BODY...
VERY interesting:-)
Buroc Millhouse Obama

East Hartford, CT

#1166832 Jul 15, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither does Islam you bigoted ignorant twit. The Qur’an clearly states “There is no compulsion in religion, the path of guidance stands out clear from error”[2:256]
Christianity does have a history of forced conversion. When Muslims ruled Spain Christians and Jews were free to practice their religion although they had to pay a special tax and were barred from certain professions.
When Christians took over under Ferdinand and Isabella Moslems and Jews were given a choice between conversion or exile. Even those that converted were often accused of backsliding and were subject to torture under the Inquisition.
Contrary to your inane statement it's not Muslims but evangelical Christians that are trying to impose their narrow views on the rest of us.
How ironic the moron that does nothing but call people names & spew his venomous hate is now quoting from the bible. You are a shallow plastic person Paul.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1166833 Jul 15, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA...Dupie's quoting the Quran, folks!

Let me do it, too!

* Slay the unbelievers wherever you find them(2:191)
* Make war on the infidels living in your neighboorhood (9:123)
* When opportunity arises, kill the infidels wherever you catch them (9:5)
* Kill the Jews and the Christians if they do not convert to Islam or refuse to pay Jizya tax (9:29)
* Any religion other than Islam is not acceptable (3:85)
* The Jews and the Christians are perverts; fight them (9:30)
* Maim and crucify the infidels if they criticise Islam.(5:33)
* The infidels are unclean; do not let them into a mosque (9:28)
* Punish the unbelievers with garments of fire, hooked iron rods, boiling water; melt their skin and bellies(22:19)
* Do not hanker for peace with the infidels; behead them when you catch them (47:4)
* The unbelievers are stupid; urge the Muslims to fight them (8:65)
* Muslims must not take the infidels as friends (3:28)
* Terrorise and behead those who believe in scriptures other than the Qur’an (8:12)
* Muslims must muster all weapons to terrorise the infidels (8:60)

And these are just a few, babee!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 3 min boundary painter 6,002
Ask Amy 5-27-15 4 min rush to judgement 14
U think Sharpton is a ratfook? 6 min TryReadenNo1 2
News 56 shot - 12 fatally - over Memorial Day weekend 8 min THUGSaintdyinfast... 3
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 10 min jimi-yank 53,464
News 45 people shot since Friday afternoon across Ch... 12 min No4 is a crotch 5
Dear Abby 5-27-15 16 min boundary painter 10
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 44 min Jacques Orleans 190,038
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]