Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1274999 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1166868 Jul 15, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, that's hard to swallow
Republicans taking bribes? not that hard to swallow.

“Stop Child Soliders”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1166870 Jul 15, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Terrorism : "Ongoing policies or pre-meditated actions to terrorize psychologically or physically civilians for political gain."
FACT: "Israel is actively involved in ongoing policies designed to terrorize the palestinian people through violence and humiliation for the political gain. If Israel was not a state with a seat in the UN, it's actions would make it a terrorist organization.Therefore Israel is a terrorist state."
http://www.sfdebate.org/debates/240407.php
Hamas is a terrorist group

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1166871 Jul 15, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Bottom feeders like you are always intimidated by intellectuals, My advice is to just accept the "FACT" that you are a moron and move on.
Calling Dupie an intellectual is like calling Ghost a veteran.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HA......

Let's just call a spade a spade, OK?

Dupie is a wannabe academician stuffed shirt and you are a Homer Simpson wannabe Trailer Park King.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1166872 Jul 15, 2014
The GOP and Israel

Scott McConnell concludes that Jeb Bush has learned nothing from his brother’s failures:

His appearance at Sheldon’s event is an early and important indication. It’s perhaps not decisive, but it is clear that he has concluded there’s nothing wrong, politically or morally, with paying homage to a loyal-to-Israel warmonger. For all those who might have hoped Jeb had learned something useful from the failed presidency of his brother, it’s a pretty clear indication. Most probably, he has not.

That’s true. The more dispiriting news from the recent “suck-up fest” in Las Vegas is that the same is true of virtually all Republicans with any interest in running for president. The GOP over the last few years has gone from being a reflexively hawkish “pro-Israel” party during the Bush years to being one that eagerly caters to the most fanatical kinds of “pro-Israel” views without even trying to pretend otherwise. It has gone from being almost completely uncritical in its support for hard-line Israeli policies to becoming a party dominated by mindless yes-men on anything related to the country. Even George W. Bush could bring himself to say the phrase “occupied territories” at the start of his presidency, but now that is something that aspiring Republican candidates are apparently not permitted to say if they don’t want to be perceived as lacking in “pro-Israel” zeal. Bush at least feigned interest in a two-state solution, but it seems less and less likely that most of the potential 2016 candidates will even bother paying the idea lip service.

To some extent, this can be explained by the desire to appear more hawkish than the administration, which requires Republican politicians to take increasingly hard-line positions in order to attack Obama for “weakness.” Another factor is the near-unanimity in conservative media in favor of a “pro-Israel” hawkish line on Iran, Palestine, and any other related issues. Uncritical support is simply taken for granted, and becomes a litmus test for maintaining one’s standing on the right. Most of the 2012 candidates were climbing over one another in their eagerness to express just how total and undying their devotion was. Whatever the reasons may be, the Republican Party has become far more uniform and intense in its “pro-Israel” views than it used to be, and it is becoming this way at the same time that the country as a whole is becoming much less so.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/lariso...
Buroc Millhouse Obama

East Hartford, CT

#1166873 Jul 15, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Just got back from a glorious two weeks at the beach with family and loved ones...Hows the boyfriend, Chevy Chevette and the single wide coming along. We all envy you garlic breath.Dumbo.
Really Patrick? There you go again using the "glorious" word you used two years ago when you said you were going on a "glorious" East Coast vacation. Did you enjoy you "imaginary" loved ones Patrick/Ghost?

ROTFLMAO!!!!!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1166874 Jul 15, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't go all Carol on me Lily. Regular immigration process is long, cumbersome and for the refugees hopelessly expensive. It's also geared not for those like these children but more for skilled workers. If the Irish escaping from the Potato Famine or Eastern European Jews fleeing from the pogroms had to wait on this process they would have died long before they were allowed into this country.
One of the things that fuel gang violence in these countries as well as in our own is drug money. Our failed War on Drugs has exacerbated this situation just like Prohibition did in this country in the 1920s.
There's no easy answers Lily.
Call me a hopeless idealist but I take Matthew 25:35 seriously;
For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me,
Actually I think Carol is in favor of keeping them here. I just can't understand who is going to take care of these children. Those countries have armies; maybe it's time they used them on the drug cartels and killed them all; however I think those leaders are all taking drug money.
I just think if we accept all these children then word spreads like wildfire and we'll have a million Haitians and Cubans on the shores of Florida; and what will we do with them either?
Is it not better to help these people stay in their own countries, with their own families, who speak their own language?
We certainly have our share of people who abuse children in this country. Actually Honduras and Guatemala were on the list obtained from a former professor here who was arrested for child molestation; he had brought a boy of 12 from one of those countries; until the boy finally had the courage to tell the teacher what was happening to him.
The harddrives in his computer had a handbook of where to find hopeless poor families and how to offer them a house and promise a bright future for their sons etc. It's disgusting.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1166875 Jul 15, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, so no ObamaKKKare benefits until eligibility is confirmed.......
Yep. Which is exactly what the Affordable Care Act says. I haven't seen any evidence that illegals are obtaining health insurance under the ACA. If you have, provide it.

Lapeer, MI

#1166876 Jul 15, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oppression feeds hate. It is the cancer that must be cut out to cure the problem.
This is not to say that I support the Palestinian rocket attacks on israel. The killing of innocents is never acceptable. But, Gaza isn't described by human rights groups as an "open air prison with no where to escape" without good reason. Hate begets hate.
We will all be better off when the leaders of the world realize that ALL life is precious.
You are better than ipecac syrup.

Bulimics must love reading this puke.

You have a purpose in Life!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1166877 Jul 15, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
I know it was lame but I couldn't resist!!
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1166878 Jul 15, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
My advice to you--accept reality; no one gives a fig about what you think of them
Then why are you commenting dumazz? Oh shit I just answered my own question.

Lapeer, MI

#1166879 Jul 15, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Christian Jihad
Laying Down the Sword: Why We Can’t Ignore the Bible’s Violent Verses
http://www.theamericanconservative.com/articl...
so can i get a pat on the back now?
Smile. Allah loves you.

Everyone else thinks you're an Azzhole.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1166880 Jul 15, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Not hardly. Islam is still practicing their special brand of tolerance and peace. Christianity only attacks your conscience.
Isn’t it strange how human hubris and arrogance can cause death, destruction, and chaos? Self-righteousness and a profound sense of superiority have been responsible for the deaths of millions of humans throughout history.

The Taliban of Afghanistan consist of men who worship power above all else and abuse the name of God or Allah to justify their evil ways.

Sadly and tragically certain fundamentalist and extremist men who thump bibles and call themselves ‘Christians’ behave in a similar reprehensible and evil fashion. They themselves constitute that element of society which Jesus Himself so loathed—the power crazed HYPOCRITE!!!

If we continue to lose our basic human rights and freedoms as Americans these evil men will eventually use their extremist and twisted interpretations of Biblical Scripture to terrorize our citizens.

As they gain power and prestige they will launch a campaign of hate, bigotry, and persecution of women, which will mimic the pernicious evil of the Taliban—thus becoming a ‘Christian Taliban’.

http://www.christiantaliban.org/

trying to force your viewpoint upon those who don't hold the same is much more than 'attacking conscience'.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1166881 Jul 15, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
what "International Community"???....
The one that zionists laid their hat on when they self-declared the state of Israel...

Israel's Declaration of the Establishment of the State of Israel:

"This right was recognized in the Balfour Declaration of the 2nd November, 1917, and re-affirmed in the Mandate of the League of Nations...This recognition by the United Nations of the right of the Jewish people to establish their State is irrevocable."
Buroc Millhouse Obama

East Hartford, CT

#1166882 Jul 15, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
M thinks you have your parties confused, thread moron:

July 9, 2014, 11:08 p.m.

Former New Orleans Mayor C. Ray Nagin, a Democrat, who portrayed himself as a straight-talking anti-politician determined to clean up the city’s notoriously corrupt culture, was sentenced Wednesday to 10 years in prison for bribery, money laundering and other corruption during his two terms.

http://touch.latimes.com/#section/-1/article/...

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1166883 Jul 15, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oppression feeds hate. It is the cancer that must be cut out to cure the problem.
This is not to say that I support the Palestinian rocket attacks on israel. The killing of innocents is never acceptable. But, Gaza isn't described by human rights groups as an "open air prison with no where to escape" without good reason. Hate begets hate.
We will all be better off when the leaders of the world realize that ALL life is precious.
Hahahahaha oh hahahahahahaha-this from the one trick pony who votes for anyone who supports abortion. YOU are a joke, Ms Zygote.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1166884 Jul 15, 2014
random post:

"Everything government touches turns to crap."

Ringo Starr

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1166885 Jul 15, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Terrorism : "Ongoing policies or pre-meditated actions to terrorize psychologically or physically civilians for political gain."
FACT: "Israel is actively involved in ongoing policies designed to terrorize the palestinian people through violence and humiliation for the political gain. If Israel was not a state with a seat in the UN, it's actions would make it a terrorist organization.Therefore Israel is a terrorist state."
http://www.sfdebate.org/debates/240407.php
I name Israel's enemies for who and what they are--genocidal Islamic Jew haters, you are included.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1166886 Jul 15, 2014
Those evil,wacky big business subsidies....

'...SEPP calculated that from Fiscal Year (FY) 1993 to FY 2013 total
US expenditures on climate change amount to more than $165 Billion. More than $35 Billion is identified as climate science. The White House reported that in FY 2013 the US spent $22.5 Billion on climate change. About $2.Billion went to US Global Change Research Program
(USGCRP)....'

http://www.sepp.org/twtwfiles/2014/TWTW%207-1...
spocko

Oakland, CA

#1166887 Jul 15, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Can we all agree now that progressivism is just societal suicide on the installment plan?
Like the T-Bags hyperventilating about the threat of encroaching Communism while advocating for Corporate America? People like T-Bag Nation president Judson Phillips accusing Senate Democrats of admiring Joseph Stalin and leading a “Democratic Senate show trial”(straight from the Stalin handbook). Who are the victims of this outrage? Oil companies like Exxon Mobil, BP, Chevron and ConocoPhillips? Give me a break ye moron ...

“Stop Child Soliders”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1166888 Jul 15, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why are you commenting dumazz? Oh shit I just answered my own question.
You appeared terribly misguided.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 58 min Dr Guru 196,931
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Trey LaTrache 54,497
Candi wright. Homewrecker 2 hr Enough1908 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 5 hr CrunchyBacon 100,630
Hillary fires up crowd in Iowa. 6 hr lakeche 4
abby 8-28=15 6 hr Julie 8
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 7 hr Doug77 6,402
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages