Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1683894 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1168060 Jul 17, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Very well put.
We all compete in some form or another. Generally, there's nothing personal or malicious intended. I think, though, that when someone is so completely consumed with being the winner, it indicates a irrational need for personal gratification. Some people will not loose. If they can't gain a win, they'll claim a win.
It's called winning by losing__it's been perfected by the GOP.

How many topix threads are you haunting this morning?

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1168061 Jul 17, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Pipes aren't tanks.
Try flushing your toilet either way, you bone-headed loser.

“Amor patriae.”

Eastern Oregon

#1168062 Jul 17, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Stemming from thinning out from a acquisition (Nokia) and streamlining from a new CEO.
Not because of poor sales.
Mighty Dumb Builder is...well..mighty dumb.
No, of course not. Economic downturns aren't tolerated in this administration.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1168063 Jul 17, 2014
j rocker wrote:
<quoted text> You're talking about raising the debt at rapid speed ,why would you call that winning ,unless your on the Government dole. Deadbeat
Hypocrite.

Republicans voted seven times to raise the debt ceiling under George W. Bush.

The fact is, the debt is attributed to wars, a recession and tax policies Obama inherited from his predecessor. You own it.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1168064 Jul 17, 2014
TSM wrote:
Obama: Worst approval ratings since Nixon! I wish Obama would follow Nixon’s lead and do the Honorable thing for the sake of the country and Resign!!
Bush left office at 22%. is Obama there yet?

Nixon indeed.

Since: May 14

Location hidden

#1168065 Jul 17, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you apply to any of them?
92,000,000, for one reason or another, see it differently. Just keep glossing over the actual state of the union. There's something to be said for being comfortably oblivious.
I don't need a job, everyone I know that wants a job has one. If your friends and family are unemployed its because they want to be unemployed.
6.1% unemployment.
Facts don't cease to exist simply because you ignore them.
angel

Orofino, ID

#1168066 Jul 17, 2014
WAKE UP VOTERS wrote:
<quoted text>
SO OBAMA IS LOOKING AFTER THE BLACKS?
THESE BLACKS DO NOT THINK SO ??????????
Chicago Resident: Obama Will Go Down as Worst President Ever
https://www.youtube.com/watch ...
Only in your imagination Teabagging Cretin.
Contrary to what the Right believes wishful thinking doesnt trump reality.
Worst President ever is forever the province of the GOP.
And everyone who got past the seventh grade knows it.
(Which of course excludes the Repub 'base'.)

“Amor patriae.”

Eastern Oregon

#1168067 Jul 17, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>It's called winning by losing__it's been perfected by the GOP.
How many topix threads are you haunting this morning?
Wouldn't it be much less cumbersome if you'd just provide me with a list of your frequent stops?

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1168068 Jul 17, 2014
DEATH wrote:
Do you reckon it's that simple, y'all?...
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/17/world/middl...
What I can't understand is why anyone would deny that israel's actions are "escalating the cycle of violence."
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1168069 Jul 17, 2014
GOP governor implements GOP economics, disaster ensues

While we’ve gotten used to Tea Party primary challenges to popular and seemingly secure Republican incumbents, something unusual is happening in Kansas. Governor Sam Brownback is facing an organized revolt from centrist Republicans, over 100 of whom just endorsed the presumptive Democratic nominee for governor, so disgruntled are they with the effects of Brownback’s rule.

In many ways, Brownback’s term has been a perfect experiment in Republican governance. Take a crusading conservative governor, give him a legislature with Republican super-majorities so he can do pretty much whatever he wants, and let him implement the right’s wish list. The result was supposed to be a nirvana of economic growth and budgetary stability. But the opposite happened.

The disastrous results of Brownback’s economic and fiscal policies demonstrate that it’s one thing for your average Republican to go around saying things like “cutting taxes raises revenue!” even if nearly every economist agrees that the idea is absurd (Greg Mankiw, chairman of the Council of Economic Advisers under George W. Bush, famously called the purveyors of this idea “charlatans and cranks”). It’ll never really be tested, at least not in a context where there aren’t so many other variables at play that any inconvenient results can be explained away. Republicans know that it’s bogus, but they like the way it sounds; after all, who wouldn’t love a free lunch? But if you bet a single state’s future on the idea — and you have the power to take it to an extreme — you’re going farther than anyone in Washington ever has to go.

That’s what Sam Brownback did. In 2012 and 2013, Brownback and Republicans in the legislature cut income taxes twice, eliminated taxes on corporate profits that are “passed through” to individuals (making it the only state that does this), and since they’re Republicans, made changes to the tax code that had the effect of raising taxes on the poor (the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities has a good explanation of the tax changes and their effects). The governor has said his goal is to eventually eliminate the income tax completely.

And what happened? At a time when most states are seeing higher revenues as the country recovers economically, Kansas’ revenues have plummeted. The result has been cuts to schools, cuts to higher education, cuts to libraries, and cuts to local health centers. Kansas’ job growth and income growth are lagging the nation’s. In response to the fiscal difficulties, Moody’s recently lowered the state’s bond rating.

....When he was elected governor, some Washington conservatives touted Sam Brownback as a future presidential contender. Once he implemented the conservative economic agenda and showed what a dynamic economy and pleasing government balance sheet it produced, he’d be able to take the message nationwide as a demonstration of the power of conservative ideas. Nobody’s saying that anymore. Brownback is trailing his probable Democratic opponent. In a state as conservative as Kansas (where Mitt Romney beat Barack Obama by 22 points), you have to screw up pretty badly to be in that position. And saying,“hey, didn’t we all agree that tax cuts raise revenue?” probably won’t bail him out.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line...
angel

Orofino, ID

#1168070 Jul 17, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>The Hart-Cellar Act of 1965 was slipped through through congress by LBJ and Ted Kennedy?
ROFLMAO
Who wrote that drivel?
These morons take every bit of sewage and nonsense scrawled in crayon from the Right Wing nut-o-sphere as pure Gospel because it always tells them what they WANT to hear.
Unlike Objective Reality which has a Liberal bias.

Since: May 14

Location hidden

#1168071 Jul 17, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush left office at 22%. is Obama there yet?
Nixon indeed.
I'm still amazed that 22% of the people approved the performance of a POTUS that lied us into an unprovoked war and recession. And even more amazed at the right wing morons that rate him higher than the POTUS that led us out of the war and recession.

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1168072 Jul 17, 2014
angel wrote:
<quoted text> Only in your imagination Teabagging Cretin.
Contrary to what the Right believes wishful thinking doesnt trump reality.
Worst President ever is forever the province of the GOP.
And everyone who got past the seventh grade knows it.
(Which of course excludes the Repub 'base'.)
Patrick's response to this
Black Chicago Residents: Obama will go down as worse president in history

Uh huh, Patrick went there .
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1168073 Jul 17, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
Microsoft to lay off 18,000. Obama's recovery juggernaut forges ahead.
I didn't realize Obama controlled Microsoft too.

And here I thought they were an independent, capitalistic business!!!

“Amor patriae.”

Eastern Oregon

#1168074 Jul 17, 2014
Obama to Israel: "You have NO RIGHT to your borders!"

Obama to Ukraine: "You have EVERY RIGHT to your borders!"

Obama to USA: "What borders?"
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1168075 Jul 17, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Wouldn't it be much less cumbersome if you'd just provide me with a list of your frequent stops?
I can see your screen name on the main page dumbazz__all your favorite threads are close to each other.
Seems strange that a guy would post the same insanity with the same people on multiple forums__amusing actually.

Trollish behavior?

You betcha!
WAKE UP VOTERS

Lillington, NC

#1168076 Jul 17, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Trickle down has never worked and never will. Thank goodness Obama won or by now we would be in a fully blown depression, 3 wars, women back in bondage, homosexuals banned, Blacks ignored, the poor even poorer, the rich even richer. And the dumb even dumber.
IS THIS THE POOR THAT ARE GETTING POOR YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT??

BCFS Withdraws Bid For $50 Million Illegal Alien Resort Spa

by Debra Heine 16 Jul 2014

Via Gateway Pundit: Due to a massive backlash after the $50 million resort story was posted on The Drudge Report, Baptist Child and Family Services withdrew it’s bid for the Palm Aire Resort.

The charity said it was disappointed and that the resort would have been perfect for the illegal alien children.
WAKE UP VOTERS

Lillington, NC

#1168077 Jul 17, 2014
http://www.breitbart.com/InstaBlog/2014/07/16...

Grey Ghost wrote:

<quoted text>
Trickle down has never worked and never will. Thank goodness Obama won or by now we would be in a fully blown depression, 3 wars, women back in bondage, homosexuals banned, Blacks ignored, the poor even poorer, the rich even richer. And the dumb even dumber.
IS THIS THE POOR THAT ARE GETTING POOR YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT??

BCFS Withdraws Bid For $50 Million Illegal Alien Resort Spa

by Debra Heine 16 Jul 2014

Via Gateway Pundit: Due to a massive backlash after the $50 million resort story was posted on The Drudge Report, Baptist Child and Family Services withdrew it’s bid for the Palm Aire Resort.

The charity said it was disappointed and that the resort would have been perfect for the illegal alien children.

“Amor patriae.”

Eastern Oregon

#1168078 Jul 17, 2014
Nostrilis Waxmoron wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't need a job, everyone I know that wants a job has one. If your friends and family are unemployed its because they want to be unemployed.
6.1% unemployment.
Facts don't cease to exist simply because you ignore them.
Do you even realize what you said?

The 6.1%, I guess, is some kind of boast? You do understand, the 6.1% excludes those 92 million? You do understand that, right?
Patrick

Palm Beach Gardens, FL

#1168079 Jul 17, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush and Cheney had a far lower approval than does Obama...How come you didn't ask them to resign? Bush was at 22% half of what Obamas is. So I guess by your logic he should have been locked up.
IRS isn't working for the Repubs.
Benghaazi is working for the Repubs

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 46 min Alain Vain 11,771
What's the Matter with California? 1 hr SAN FRAN WEIRDO 7
Sick of commercials with mix couples 1 hr COMMERCIALS SUCK 2
Trump is A 3 hr Jake Tapper 381
-Can-nabis -co-caine- he-roin op-ium ecs-tasy c... 3 hr LOOKS GUUD N STRIPES 2
last post wins! (Dec '10) 3 hr _FLATLINE-------- 3,229
last post wins! (Apr '13) 3 hr _FLATLINE-------- 2,737

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance