Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1263857 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1166686 Jul 14, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
There was a scene in the movie, "Hotel Rwanda", where the radio was on and it was announcing President Clinton's and the United States' decision not to intervene and send help while hundreds of people were being brutally massacred. That scene broke my heart.
We can't have an attitude of not getting involved. Not in this country. No one else will.
should we have intervened years earlier when the Tutsis were doing the same to the Hutus?

oh wait, it wasn't at movie so you probably didn't realize that yes, the tustis also had their own little genocide against the Hutus...they just didn't do it good enough, so when the Hutus regrouped and gained power again...

why is you don't know anything about anything, carol? did you never open a single book in your life?

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1166687 Jul 14, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>we sent UN troops there to shoot the dogs...
http://www.spiritualityonscreen.org.uk/SoS_Sh...
now the UN troops use that saying when that are sent places they cannot do anything to stop genocide or other atrocites, but they can shoot the dogs feeding on teh carcasses in the streets...
When was the last time any UN troops did anything meaningful beyond filling boots?
Paddy Omagog

New York, NY

#1166688 Jul 14, 2014
Centurion: "Well, pilgrim, where do you think you're going at this hour? It's after curfew...
Jew: "After curfew? Is it? My watch stopped, I didn't know!...
Centurion: "Well... ok, but just this time..."

The old jew wanders by the Centurion and as he passes he stabs him in the neck with his razor-sharp gladius. As the old jew turns and falls down he says through the bubbling blood...

Jew: What'd... you do.. that for?

The Centurion leans down and says to him...

Centurion: "The law's the law, Micah..."

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1166689 Jul 14, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>and yet you christians still have the record for the bloodiest swath spread across this planet in your expansion...
your cult brethren,
the muslims, are trying to catch up but they are not even close..not even close at all..
Christian and Muslim conflicts go way back.

However, if you're referring to the Crusades....

The Crusades took place under the banner of the Roman Catholic Church. Not all Christians are Roman Catholics and Catholics today weren't Roman Catholics during the Crusades.

No matter what anyone might think of the Crusades today, it reopened the Mediterranean to trade and travel enabling Genoa and Venice to flourish and was the first experiments in "Europe Overseas".

But if it's possible for you to put your bias aside, remember not all Christians were or are Roman Catholics and Catholics today didn't participate in the Crusades in the Middle Ages.

Kay?
Paddy Omagog

New York, NY

#1166691 Jul 14, 2014
It just dawned on me that it would've been a lot funnier if I'd made him say, "The law's the law, Shapiro..."
Paddy Omagog

New York, NY

#1166692 Jul 14, 2014
"tustis?" Just thank God she wasn't watching Bambi again...
Paddy Omagog

New York, NY

#1166693 Jul 14, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
When was the last time any UN troops did anything meaningful beyond filling boots?
Today.

But they woulda done a lot better if you'd just pay your bills

Orlando, FL

#1166696 Jul 14, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you do that with Food Stamps?
Thanks for bringing some levity to the table. Comic relief is needed these days.

If we don't laugh now and then, we might become inconsolable.

“I be me, and you are...”

Since: Dec 06

in a city...

#1166697 Jul 14, 2014
Paddy Omagog wrote:
<quoted text>
Technically, the Germans didn't "battle over the flesh," they just burned it...
where in the Bible does it say stupid people?

Please... come on, in the new revised Version...

Well then Flesh it's fed from the inside is it and sooth it outwardly the best way possible? Groom yourself not for the battles ahead shave your head DEAR OLD MAN...

When is it their turn to head out be drafted oh wise One....HA HA HA that would be a punny third war major to the WORLD...The seniorities of the people why don't they make an example of them selves and tag alongs for them they can head out too...

SO what is it about the Germans?

Haven't read all the posts and it is hard to catch up on all of you guys moods...on here...
Paddy Omagog

New York, NY

#1166698 Jul 14, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
The Crusades took place under the banner of the Roman Catholic Church. Not all Christians are Roman Catholics and Catholics today weren't Roman Catholics during the Crusades.
No matter what anyone might think of the Crusades today, it reopened the Mediterranean to trade and travel enabling Genoa and Venice to flourish and was the first experiments in "Europe Overseas".
But if it's possible for you to put your bias aside, remember not all Christians were or are Roman Catholics and Catholics today didn't participate in the Crusades in the Middle Ages.
Kay?
So, um, what you're saying is: You don't care if we kill the Roman Catholics as long as we leave the Baptists alone?... FINALLY! She says something reasonable...

in a city...

#1166700 Jul 14, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
They taught me that when you are Homeless you look up to the special Services and stay on track DO NOT LET YOURSELF GO...shame shame hu???!!! In staying a course and remain in that HI GENE*Y* presentable have no home but I will pretend to be a whole Person...Barely can manage to take a dump out and about and how awesome it would be if a homeless has a portable and a shower too to drag behind them...

War must be ruff...

I can not even imagine and some things I do...

Lapeer, MI

#1166701 Jul 14, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
And sometimes even people of Obama's stature.
"short stature" in the figurative sense, i.e; Magic Negro is small, Magic Negro is small-minded, Magic Negro will become a History Book bottom-page notation, Magic Negro is big in his mind but small beans in the world, etc.
Paddy Omagog

New York, NY

#1166702 Jul 14, 2014
I DO think it's kind of cool, carol, how you managed to finesse all the killing and jew-bashing, slaughter, rape and mayhem of the crusades by waving your handkerchief in front of them and clicking your heels together the requisite number of times! The POWER of positive thinking, huh?

And it's REALLY good to know that although all christians aren't Roman Catholic killers and that when you lump all christians together as you often do - jews too, remember?- that it's still ok for us to kill and eat the bad ones...

Orlando, FL

#1166703 Jul 14, 2014
Tinka wrote:
<quoted text>
where in the Bible does it say stupid people?
Please... come on, in the new revised Version...
Well then Flesh it's fed from the inside is it and sooth it outwardly the best way possible? Groom yourself not for the battles ahead shave your head DEAR OLD MAN...
When is it their turn to head out be drafted oh wise One....HA HA HA that would be a punny third war major to the WORLD...The seniorities of the people why don't they make an example of them selves and tag alongs for them they can head out too...
SO what is it about the Germans?
Haven't read all the posts and it is hard to catch up on all of you guys moods...on here...
You must have not seen the word "willfully" right before the word "stupid".

But you just made my point.

The rest of your post made no sense at all to me.

St. Croix valley

#1166704 Jul 14, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Kay?
no, not at all. man, you are so stupid you totally missed the entire point..

your whole cult's expansion across this globe left the bloodiest swath ever know on this planet...

why is it you know so little about everything?

in a city...

#1166705 Jul 14, 2014
Experiments in what?

Being civil?

Maria is the Mother of Jesus or not and isn't she looked upon as far more than Jesus...She was the mother the one that bore the special child and how special is he he is everything...

So how does that work again..

He is Lord king Father son and what else?

A construction worker too has he evolved into that from being a simple carpenter he can built great things...

And Trading hmmm maybe we ought to be building a Trading center...somewhere...

St. Croix valley

#1166706 Jul 14, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for bringing some levity to the table. Comic relief is needed these days.
oh sweetie....we laugh at every single one of your comments..
Paddy Omagog

New York, NY

#1166707 Jul 14, 2014
Why, it seems to me that in a coupla thousand years we'll finally be able to put this LAST crusade in Iraq out of our minds, and I only hope we can do it HALF so deftly....

in a city...

#1166708 Jul 14, 2014
Alright later have fun with your President's show here and man I wish you luck making your script stick with the rest of Topix...

LOL

Lapeer, MI

#1166709 Jul 14, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
I always prefer to laugh spontaneously and not as a courtesy, laugh from the gut and not from the brain. And I'd rather laugh as a knee-jerk response to humor rather than as a defense against crying. Insane laughter is for the insane and so if I ever find myself laughing insanely, I'll start crying

But, WTH...it's funny but I'll take whatever laughter I can find...:-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
how many people think louis farrakhan is an idiot (Mar '11) 15 min reality is a crutch 8
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Dr Guru 194,552
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr ritedownthemiddle 54,358
News Fatal heat wave 20 years ago changed Chicago's ... 5 hr VeganTiger 5
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 10 hr Mister Tonka 100,298
Ask Amy July 31 10 hr Julie 6
abby7-31-15 13 hr mrs gladys kravitz 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages