Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1166151 Jul 13, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
What's really scary is an Obama staffer told Bob Beckel he had no idea how hard it is to get past Valerie Jarrett and Michelle Obama...and what if that's the reason we're in this mess? Because these two women ARE calling the shots and the reason why this president comes across as so aloof - and whipped?
Seriously....what if Valerie and Michelle are the "powers that be"?
waht mess are we in? having ignorant members of the electorate like you? that is our worst problem right now.

“Stop Child Soliders”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1166152 Jul 13, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
What's really scary is an Obama staffer told Bob Beckel he had no idea how hard it is to get past Valerie Jarrett and Michelle Obama...and what if that's the reason we're in this mess? Because these two women ARE calling the shots and the reason why this president comes across as so aloof - and whipped?
Seriously....what if Valerie and Michelle are the "powers that be"?
Have you seen this photo from Valerie's office?
http://images.search.yahoo.com/images/view;_y...

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1166153 Jul 13, 2014
This might have to be posted again tomorrow since things seem to be winding down now.

VIENNA (AP)— Joint efforts by U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry and three other Western foreign ministers failed Sunday to advance faltering nuclear talks with Iran with the target date for a deal only a week away.

Tehran says it needs to expand enrichment to make reactor fuel but the U.S. fears Tehran could steer the activity toward manufacturing the core of nuclear missiles. The U.S. wants deep enrichment cuts; Iran wants to greatly expand enrichment.

http://news.msn.com/world/no-iran-breakthroug...

Iran is playing us like a fiddle that's off key.

Night.

“Stop Child Soliders”

Location hidden

#1166154 Jul 13, 2014
Torn Sak wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO!
Every time you lose control you PULL the same ¨lying scum, lying scum, lying scum¨ temper tantrum.
So predictable.
Derbil and woodenhead suffer from the same consequences of being egomaniacal. So little material can be pulled out to justify the limits of their skills
Torn Sak

East Hartford, CT

#1166155 Jul 13, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>it had nothing to do with the liberal media, it had to do with the mindest of so many of the GOP.
this is what Roxlo is trying to warn you of...don't bring it up, don't even talk about it as the truth makes the GOP look bad.
but you are too stupid to see how she is trying to help you hide the truth of your beliefs as the majority of the nation finds them repugnant.
Lying scum.

An narrow-minded atheist like you speaks for yourself and no one else -- especially not the ¨majority of the nation¨.

The left-leaning media has everything to do with feeding the empty skulls of you useful idiots. They lie about a GOP war on women, war on children, war on clean air and water...when in reality it's the democrats waging war on the freedoms and liberties of low income American citizens, controlling their lives by making them more dependent than ever before on the gov't.

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#1166157 Jul 13, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Plenty of Republican voters are also poor__the single issue voters for instance and of course the Tea Party has attracted many people who rely on government handouts, SSI-Section 8-food stamps/EBT and then of course the racists, the racists nearly all vote for Republicans.
Oink,oink, Squealer
Roger Hammerstein

New York, NY

#1166158 Jul 13, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Derbil and woodenhead suffer from the same consequences of being egomaniacal. So little material can be pulled out to justify the limits of their skills
Hey, baby, show me your tits..
Torn Sak

East Hartford, CT

#1166159 Jul 13, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, he's run me off so many times I've lost count -- though it's usually to eat dinner, watch a movie, take a walk or a drive with my lovely wife of 25 years...yeah, it IS summer BTW, and it has been an especially beautiful one here in the North East (no doubt to the dismay of the climate Commies.) LOL!
Roger Hammerstein

New York, NY

#1166160 Jul 13, 2014
Do it now, who knows where they'll be tomorrow?...
Even Steven

Frankfort, KY

#1166161 Jul 13, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no, dear, as i clearly pointed out and the all the facts back this up...he was the one who lied about that stand down order.
it is a wonder he is not in jail for perjury , or just plain ignorance.
it certainly was the reason he was demoted...and you are even dumbe than him to believe what he said when the facts that proved him wrong were already out there!! how can you people be so stupid?!?
again you are just amking an ass out of your self on this issue.
Sorry to burst your bubble bud but the facts DO NOT back it up. He had no reason to lie and there were others in Tripoli who backed him up.

I am not dumb, stupid or an ass and you are a complete jerk for calling me anything. You have an unrealistic opinion of yourself and your knowledge. You make negative comments to everyone and indicate you are the authority on every subject. Get over yourself and your self-absorbed attitude.

“you know i know”

denver

#1166162 Jul 13, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Republican deregulation leads to crash
Struggling to stave off financial catastrophe, the Bush administration on Friday laid out a red a run on these funds, held by millions of Americans.
What caused the financial crisis?

by Thomas J. DiLorenzo

The thousands of mortgage defaults and foreclosures in the "subprime" housing market (i.e., mortgage holders with poor credit ratings) is the direct result of thirty years of government policy that has forced banks to make bad loans to un-creditworthy borrowers. The policy in question is the 1977 Community Reinvestment Act (CRA), which compels banks to make loans to low-income borrowers and in what the supporters of the Act call "communities of color" that they might not otherwise make based on purely economic criteria.

The original lobbyists for the CRA were the hardcore leftists who supported the Carter administration and were often rewarded for their support with government grants and programs like the CRA that they benefited from. These included various "neighborhood organizations," as they like to call themselves, such as "ACORN" (Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now). These organizations claim that over $1 trillion in CRA loans have been made, although no one seems to know the magnitude with much certainty. A U.S. Senate Banking Committee staffer told me about ten years ago that at least $100 billion in such loans had been made in the first twenty years of the Act.

So-called "community groups" like ACORN benefit themselves from the CRA through a process that sounds like legalized extortion. The CRA is enforced by four federal government bureaucracies: the Fed, the Comptroller of the Currency, the Office of Thrift Supervision, and the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation. The law is set up so that any bank merger, branch expansion, or new branch creation can be postponed or prohibited by any of these four bureaucracies if a CRA "protest" is issued by a "community group." This can cost banks great sums of money, and the "community groups" understand this perfectly well. It is their leverage. They use this leverage to get the banks to give them millions of dollars as well as promising to make a certain amount of bad loans in their communities.

“you know i know”

denver

#1166163 Jul 13, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>when can think at a level above Roxlo, Galt and mdbuilder?
Ebonics isn't allowed here, Daffy.
Dix

United States

#1166166 Jul 13, 2014
Maureen Dowd

WASHINGTON — CHELSEA CLINTON never acted out during the eight years she came of age as America’s first daughter.

No ditching of her Secret Service detail. No fake IDs for underage tippling. No drug scandal. No court appearance in tank top and toe ring. Not even any dirty dancing.

Despite a tough role as the go-between in the highly public and embarrassing marital contretemps of her parents, Chelsea stayed classy.

So it’s strange to see her acting out in a sense now, joining her parents in cashing in to help feed the rapacious, gaping maw of Clinton Inc.

With her 1 percenter mother under fire for disingenuously calling herself “dead broke” when she left the White House, why would Chelsea want to open herself up to criticism that she is gobbling whopping paychecks not commensurate with her skills, experience or role in life?

As the 34-year-old tries to wean some of the cronies from the Clinton Foundation — which is, like the Clintons themselves, well-intended, wasteful and disorganized — Chelsea is making speeches that go into foundation coffers. She is commanding, as The Times’s Amy Chozick reported, up to $75,000 per appearance.

Chozick wrote:“Ms. Clinton’s speeches focus on causes like eradicating waterborne diseases.(‘I’m obsessed with diarrhea’ is a favorite line.)”

There’s something unseemly about it, making one wonder: Why on earth is she worth that much money? Why, given her dabbling in management consulting, hedge-funding and coattail-riding, is an hour of her time valued at an amount that most Americans her age don’t make in a year?(Median household income in the United States is $53,046.)

If she really wants to be altruistic, let her contribute the money to some independent charity not designed to burnish the Clinton name as her mother ramps up to return to the White House and as she herself drops a handkerchief about getting into politics.

Or let her speak for free. After all, she is in effect going to candidate school. No need to get paid for it, too.

There was disgust over Politico’s revelation that before she switched to a month-to-month contract, Chelsea was getting wildly overpaid at $600,000 annually — or over $25,000 per minute on air — for a nepotistic job as a soft-focus correspondent for NBC News.

Chelsea is still learning the answer to a question she asked when she interviewed the Geico gecko:“Is there a downside to all this fame?”

The Clintons keep acting as though all they care about is selfless public service. So why does it keep coming back to gross money grabs? It’s gone from two-for-the-price-of-one to three-for-the-price-of-20.

Hillary’s book — which feels like something she got at Ikea and had someone put together — is drooping because it was more about the estimated $13 million advance and the campaign ramp-up than the sort of intriguing self-examination and political excavations found in the memoirs of Timothy Geithner and Bob Gates. If she had had something to say, the book might have been shorter.

Continued...
Dix

United States

#1166167 Jul 13, 2014
Continued:
Hillary doesn’t see the disconnect between expressing grave concern about mounting student loan debt while scarfing six-figure sums from at least eight colleges, and counting. She says now that she’s passing the university money to the foundation but, never Ms. Transparency, has refused to provide documentation of that.(She’s still pocketing other huge fees for speeches like her April talk in Las Vegas to the Institute of Scrap Recycling Industries.)

Chozick estimated that the lucrative family speechmaking business has generated more than $100 million for the former president and first lady, whose fees range from $200,000 to $700,000 per appearance. Bill alone earned $17 million last year doing what he likes to do best — talking.

“The issue is that the philanthropic beneficiary of the speeches is a foundation, structured as a public foundation but clearly synonymous with and controlled by the Clinton family,” Rick Cohen writes in The National Philanthropy Quarterly, adding:“Donors and institutions that are paying them and their daughter huge sums for their speeches may very well be buying recognition and face time with powerful political leaders who they hope will be able to deliver political favors in the future.

“It is troubling when corporate donors give to political charities with a more or less obvious expectation that softer and gentler treatment will ensue in the future. It is also troubling when some of the payers are public or nonprofit entities themselves such as colleges and universities, converting taxpayer funds and tax-exempt donations into signals that could end up in positive treatment when these institutions are themselves seeking access and favors, even if it is only a good word put in by one of the Clintons to a federal agency providing funding or to a regulator who might be taking a critical look at university tuitions and endowment payouts.”

The Clintons were fiercely protective of Chelsea when she was a teenager, insisting on respect from the media and getting it. They need to protect their daughter again, this time from their wanton acquisitiveness.

A version of this op-ed appears in print on July 13, 2014, on page SR11 of the New York edition with the headline: Isn’t It Rich?. Order Reprints|Today's Paper|Subscribe

“Stop Child Soliders”

Location hidden

#1166169 Jul 13, 2014
Torn Sak wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, he's run me off so many times I've lost count -- though it's usually to eat dinner, watch a movie, take a walk or a drive with my lovely wife of 25 years...yeah, it IS summer BTW, and it has been an especially beautiful one here in the North East (no doubt to the dismay of the climate Commies.) LOL!
I hear you. I have been run off by a backlog of yard work and someone "gifting" me a new puppy yesterday.
Roger Hammerstein

New York, NY

#1166172 Jul 13, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
I hear you. I have been run off by a backlog of yard work and someone "gifting" me a new puppy yesterday.
That wasn't a "puppy," honey, it was just the mexican gardener with a tea cozy over his head... you paid him to do it...
Roger Hammerstein

New York, NY

#1166173 Jul 13, 2014
Stop shitting in your own yard and by December you'll be able to afford a new Yugo...

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1166175 Jul 13, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>one doesn't need faith to read one's thermometer...
But you do need a brain.

In your case, faith might be your only help.
Torn Sak

East Hartford, CT

#1166176 Jul 13, 2014
Even Steven wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to burst your bubble bud but the facts DO NOT back it up. He had no reason to lie and there were others in Tripoli who backed him up.
I am not dumb, stupid or an ass and you are a complete jerk for calling me anything. You have an unrealistic opinion of yourself and your knowledge. You make negative comments to everyone and indicate you are the authority on every subject. Get over yourself and your self-absorbed attitude.
My God...what were you thinking?

Don't you know when Wooddick says he ¨clearly pointed out¨ whatever it was he was talking about, well, that's it. Game over. His word is the sh*t!

It's bullsh*t, but still the sh*t...know'm sayin'?
Torn Sak

East Hartford, CT

#1166177 Jul 14, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice.

As long as you wanted the pup and were (sort of) expecting one, nothing could be better.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 27 min Rogue Scholar 05 181,758
It's the Gangs and Not the Police as Chicago's ... 1 hr joey 2
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Earthling-1 49,176
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr JOEL 71,000
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 hr Grau 68,881
Marcus Bachmann acts like a sissy 6 hr LOL 1
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 7 hr _Zoey_ 4,913
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance