Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1274451 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1166475 Jul 14, 2014
Nothing to see here...

'Twin Cities meteorologists on Friday predicted record lows in the coming days, just in time to greet out-of-towners visiting the land of the windchill factor for All-Star festivities. In the suburbs, temperatures may dwindle to the 40s, they predict.'

http://www.startribune.com/local/minneapolis/...

“We doing better...”

Since: Jul 08

we've got to do more

#1166477 Jul 14, 2014
Poppy Cock wrote:
<quoted text>..
Justsay you still love me and I promise i'll leave you alone... wait... I meant I'll NEVER leave you alone... signed, A Lover of Women... One in Particular...
You know I'm always true to you darlin' in my fashion.

That aside, doesn't anything ever change around here? I mean, I think that one or two of the more woefully ignorant would have died of it by now.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1166478 Jul 14, 2014
Poppy Cock wrote:
<quoted text>..
Justsay you still love me and I promise i'll leave you alone... wait... I meant I'll NEVER leave you alone... signed, A Lover of Women... One in Particular...
I got 24 bucks that says you love your hand more....
new yak

New York, NY

#1166480 Jul 14, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
you are not in my audience....
and I am not in yours....see how that works....
Nope. You're wherever I say you are, nimrod. Now pull your pants down and lay on your stomach over the back of the couch.... "Do you need a chair to get yourself up there shorty?"

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1166481 Jul 14, 2014
I was at the bar the other night and overheard three very hefty women talking at the bar. Their accent appeared to be Scottish, so I approached and asked, "Hello, are you three lassies from Scotland?"

One of them angrily screeched, "It's Wales, Wales you bloody idiot!"

So I apologized and replied, "I am so sorry. Are you three whales from Scotland?"
Eleanor Beaver

East Hartford, CT

#1166482 Jul 14, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
For a person to make all of the claims you just did is way beyond proof enough to prove my point. You know absolutely nothing about me or who knows who.
Claims? Like the ¨lying scum¨ who claimed to have thousands of friends and fans, to have written a book, and banged super models?
new yak

New York, NY

#1166485 Jul 14, 2014
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>You know I'm always true to you darlin' in my fashion.
That aside, doesn't anything ever change around here? I mean, I think that one or two of the more woefully ignorant would have died of it by now.
I count 7 we've shot out of the trees thus far and the reast are barely holding on, my love... why so enigmatic all the time? Don't you like bald men?
Even Steven

San Francisco, CA

#1166486 Jul 14, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
‘The Buck Stops With Me’
Boehner’s Empty Charge Against Obama
In trying to lay the blame for the border crisis on the White House’s doorstep, House Speaker John Boehner exploded at a press conference on Thursday, saying of the president:
“He’s been president for five and a half years! When is he going to take responsibility for something?”
The suggestion in the question — that the president doesn’t take responsibility for anything — is so outrageously untrue that it demands strong rebuttal.
President Obama hasn’t taken all the blame Republicans have ascribed to him, nor should he have. But he has often been quick to take responsibility.
In 2009, after the administration came under fire for A.I.G. executives’ receiving bonuses after the bailout, Obama said on the lawn of the White House:
“Ultimately I’m responsible. I’m the president of the United States. We’ve got a big mess that we’re having to clean up. Nobody here drafted those contracts. Nobody here was responsible for supervising A.I.G. and allowing themselves to put the economy at risk by some of the outrageous behavior that they were engaged in. We are responsible, though. The buck stops with me.”
After the failed bombing plot on Christmas Day in 2009 by a young Nigerian man with plastic explosives sewn into his underwear, the president took responsibility for intelligence lapses, saying the next month:
“Moreover, I am less interested in passing out blame than I am in learning from and correcting these mistakes to make us safer. For ultimately, the buck stops with me.”
In a 2011 interview with CNN’s Wolf Blitzer, the president took responsibility for the economy and the rate at which it was being repaired, saying:
“Well, here’s what I remember, is that when I came into office, I knew I was going to have a big mess to clean up and, frankly, the mess has been bigger than I think a lot of people anticipated at the time. We have made steady progress on these fronts, but we’re not making progress fast enough.
“And what I continue to believe is that ultimately the buck stops with me. I’m going to be accountable. I think people understand that a lot of these problems were decades in the making. People understand that this financial crisis was the worst since the Great Depression. But, ultimately, they say, look, he’s the president, we think he has good intentions, but we’re impatient and we want to see things move faster.”
(It should be noted that this president has produced 45 straight months of job growth, and the June jobs report released this month was particularly strong.)
In an interview in the 2012 election cycle, the president reiterated his philosophy about presidential responsibility in response to a question about Mitt Romney’s relationship to Bain Capital:
“Well, here’s what I know, we were just talking about responsibility, and as president of the United States, it’s pretty clear to me that I’m responsible for folks who are working in the federal government and, you know, Harry Truman said the buck stops with you.”
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/14/opinion/cha...
Oh boy!! The New York Times!! They are in Obama's back pocket!!
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1166487 Jul 14, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
the 5th district is obviously gerrymandered to elect a black......
but the 20th, 22nd, and 23rd districts are just as bad, and all are worse than the 10th district.....
there is no legal or Constitutional requirement to balance party registrations in each district.....
The judge doesn't agree with you pal__nor does Corrine Brown who stand zero chance of winning a seat in a straight up__non gerrymandered district..

That's what Florida's (R) legislators have been doing for years__trading a very skinny black seat for three or four very fat (R) seats.

Speaking of Florida, two more Fruitland Park police offices tossed due to links to the KKK by the FBI which has had an international investigation going on for awhile it appears. Oh My.

Fruitland Park is the the next town over from the sprawling Villages of Lake-Sumter.

ROFLMAO!
new yak

New York, NY

#1166488 Jul 14, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
I got 24 bucks that says you love your hand more....
Wow, man,(is $24 a "lot" in oklahomah?....)(You'd better save it until after tornado season...)
Frank

Spokane, WA

#1166489 Jul 14, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
Funn E
'People who claim to worry about climate change use more electricity
People who say they are concerned about climate change use more electricity than those who say the issue is 'too far away to worry about', government-commissioned study finds '
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/greenpolitic...
All the people that share Obama's agenda are hypocrites.
new yak

New York, NY

#1166490 Jul 14, 2014
Even Steven wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh boy!! The New York Times!! They are in Obama's back pocket!!
That's his dick, man, he was just showin' off...
GOD WARNS USA

Buies Creek, NC

#1166491 Jul 14, 2014
Bible Prophecy

Russia, Iran, and Allies

Will Go To War ... and Will Invade Israel

A Prophetic War of the Ages

Ezekiel 38 - 39

GOD warns Iran (Persia), with Russia (Magog), and a coalition of allies (including Turkey, Libya, Sudan) will go to war and will invade Israel. In Ezekiel 38-39 the Bible warns this coming war between Iran (Persia) and Israel will take place sometime after Israel has been re-gathered into Her land as a nation (which was fulfilled on May 14, 1948)... this prophetic war has never yet taken place ... the only time in history Persia (Iran) has ever gone to war against Israel was to help Israel throw off the yoke of the Byzantine Empire around 614 AD.

THIS WAR will be unlike any other war in history ... this war will unleash a series of IRREVERSIBLE events which will change the world forever. God has set aside two whole chapters in the Bible to warn Mankind of this coming war ...

THE BIBLE warns the US will NOT defend Israel. According to the Bible, Israel must stand alone ... with God. For when this coming war does finally start, the United States will be unwilling (or unable) to help Israel defend herself. Even though the Bible warns the invading armies will be ultimately destroyed by God, it will be a devastating war for both Israel and the whole world. Bible scholars are divided as to whether this coming war is part of the prophetic battle of Armageddon or will just precede Armageddon in order to prepare a path for the Antichrist (a coming World Leader who will enforce a Peace Plan ("covenant") upon Israel) which will trigger the final prophetic 7-Year period of time which God has set aside for Israel and the World which is sometimes called the "Apocalypse" ...

ALL MANKIND should be sitting on the edge of their seats with white knuckles watching this terrible prophecy slowly start to unfold ... while those who call themselves Christians (followers ... both Jew and Gentile ... of Jesus (Yeshua), the promised Messiah) are told to "examine" themselves in the Word and in their faith to insure they are not just 'almost' Christians (Matthew 7:21-23) who are "lukewarm" in their faith in Jesus (Yeshua) and God's Word (Revelation 3:14-16)... for Jesus warns all to, "Watch, therefore, and pray always (not just sometimes), that you will be counted worthy (through His worthiness) to escape all these things (the terrible events of the coming 'Apocalypse') that will come to pass" ...(Luke 21:36)... for the Bible promises believing Christians (faithful and sincere believers in Jesus Christ (Yeshua Ha'Mashiach in Hebrew) who are alive at that time and have endured in their faith in God's Word are not "appointed" to this coming time of "God's wrath" that will be "poured out" upon the "whole world"...(1 Thessalonians 1:10 ... 1 Thessalonians 5:9-11)

Olive Oil

Buffalo, NY

#1166492 Jul 14, 2014
THE DEBIL wrote:
<quoted text>
So, um whadya call THIS!??
THIS ^^^... Mentally ILL. As usual ...
new yak

New York, NY

#1166493 Jul 14, 2014
Say, speakin' of that, how about all the women raise their hands if they've ever had a lover with a cock bigger than 12"? Now, for the men out there... I want you to look over at your wife right now and see if her hand is up and she's smiling...
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1166494 Jul 14, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
I was at the bar the other night and overheard three very hefty women talking at the bar. Their accent appeared to be Scottish, so I approached and asked, "Hello, are you three lassies from Scotland?"
One of them angrily screeched, "It's Wales, Wales you bloody idiot!"
So I apologized and replied, "I am so sorry. Are you three whales from Scotland?"
So you've been hanging with Flack down at www.longshotsva.com

Click on the photos for a look at some ladies that will put you in mind of Lulu (HeeHaw)
Maddy

United States

#1166495 Jul 14, 2014
In California they have had several cases of highly infectious TB diagnosed in school kids...where did they get it? You guess it... illegals flooding our towns and cities.

Check this new video posted on youtube.com , it shows a regular school bus dropping illegals at a North Carolina Wal-Mart and all of these illegals are adults not children like the main stream media has been reporting, wonder how many are MS-13 gang members right in the middle of a shopping center where US citizens and their families are shopping for food, clothes. I wouldn't want my children around these people would you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch ...
GOD WARNS USA

Buies Creek, NC

#1166496 Jul 14, 2014
“The Word of the Lord came to me:“Son of man, set your face toward Gog, of the land of Magog (Russia - Scythia), the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal, and prophesy against him 3 and say, Thus says the Lord God: Behold, I am against you, O Gog, chief prince of Meshech and Tubal (Turkey). 4 And I will turn you about and put hooks into your jaws, and I will bring you out, and all your army, horses and horsemen, all of them clothed in full armor, a great host, all of them with buckler and shield, wielding swords.

5 Persia (Iran-Parthia), Cush (Sudan), and Put (Libya) are with them, all of them with shield and helmet; 6 Gomer (around Germany) and all his hordes; Beth-togarmah (Armenia) from the uttermost parts of the north with all his hordes—many peoples are with you.

7 “Be ready and keep ready, you and all your hosts that are assembled about you (Russia-Magog), and be a guard for them (Iran-Persia and allies).

8 After many days you will be mustered. In the latter years you will go against the land that is restored from war, the land whose people were gathered from many peoples upon the mountains of Israel, which had been a continual waste. Its people were brought out from the peoples and now dwell securely, all of them. 9 You will advance, coming on like a storm. You will be like a cloud covering the land, you and all your hordes, and many peoples with you.

15 You will come from your place out of the uttermost parts of the north (Russia is now claiming the Arctic and North Pole as their territory), you and many peoples with you, all of them riding on horses, a great host, a mighty army. You will come up against my people Israel, like a cloud covering the land.

In the latter days I will bring you against My Land, that the nations may know Me, when through you, O Gog, I will vindicate My holiness before their eyes. I (God) will summon a sword against Gog on all My mountains, declares the Lord God.

Every man's sword will be against his brother (God will turn this invading army against themselves).

22 With pestilence and bloodshed I will enter into judgment with him, and I will rain upon him and his hordes and the many peoples who are with him torrential rains and hailstones, fire and sulfur.

23 So I will show My greatness and My holiness and make Myself known in the eyes of many nations.

Then they will know that I am the Lord.”
new yak

New York, NY

#1166497 Jul 14, 2014
White doctor to distraught woman in black delivery room..." I am SO sorry, Mrs. Brown, I thought is was the cord!..."
new yak

New York, NY

#1166500 Jul 14, 2014
White nurse in black delivery room to nobody in particular...

"Well, THAT woke his little black ass up..."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 9 min woodtick57 196,872
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 hr IB DaMann 54,488
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 8 hr Doug77 6,395
abby8-27-15 10 hr Sublime1 14
ask amy 8-27 11 hr PEllen 7
The Amazing Cashew 11 hr OH Im NUTS 1
Get an online store. Earn $$$$ (Jun '13) 12 hr Shaiilesh 2
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 17 hr RACE 100,626
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages