Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1496950 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1167596 Jul 16, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Racial slurs are so natural to Eed that he doesn't even realize they are slurs.
Eed knows that calling a black man "boy" is a racial slur & now he will pretend he meant something else.
Pathetic, low life ignorant racist POS Eed.
"real dumb"
Referring to the president as a boy is not a racial slur. The president's color is of interest to you, but not to me. I only look at his results while he has been in office. The results are sad, ergo our current president is a boy unable to effectively do a man/s or woman's job. Face the facts the boy president is a failure, rated worst among all presidents in your life time.
Peace
KMA
GPUAR
Bow Bugdoll

United States

#1167597 Jul 16, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Todd Akin is back to lead the GOP :-)
Yawn

Another left wing lie.:-)
Bow Bugdoll

United States

#1167598 Jul 16, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The fair tax people are liars.
You're a liar.

What's your point?

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#1167599 Jul 16, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
the same offered everybody else....and that is the point....
True. But we're still in a pickle, nevertheless.

Unless one can get a decent education and one can find a decent job, offering opportunities doesn't help.

The unions and progressive liberals have destroyed much of the public school system and many students have been denied a decent education.

Obama and his progressive liberal ideologues have destroyed jobs and businesses growing and taking risks with Obamacare and more burdensome government regulations.

So unless there's a way to erase the slate and start over again, it's going to be a long haul tearing down this progressive liberal mountain which has obstructed any chance of many people moving forward.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1167600 Jul 16, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
How about the stats on West Virginia being the dumbest and fattest state. I suspect idiots like you help push them to the top. By the way fatso, do you ever have any opinions of your own?
Yes, here's one. You have to be the dumbest, most idiotic, worthless poster on this thread. I went back to August 2011 and there you were posting the same old lame shit you always post. Get a life loser!!!!

Spokane, WA

#1167601 Jul 16, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Ghost Post #305830
-
Show me one post where I ever bragged about my war experiece, god you are one obsessed idiot...I attend monthly meeting at the VFW, first I have heard of your ridiculous question about military retirees..
Ghost Post
-
I was a jock and you were always in the background and still are. All of those things are true, unfortunatly for you, I still play senior softball and am quite well known. Now I have a male stalker, I'm sorry but I prefer women so please don't make me break your pathetic heart. Read my book when it comes out.
Ghost Post
-
I'm really not sure exactly what your problem is, but I happen to have a good life and more friends of all races than I can do things with, I happen to be a well dressed gentleman with manners and financially secure. I am considered good looking and drive a 650i BMW, my homes are paid for and I am very happy.
-
I have served my country with honor and distinction, and received a schlorship for my baseball ability, played on a national Championship team until I broke my leg sliding into second base Which ruined my baseball career, from there I joined the US Army and all the rest you can read about when my book is complete, i'm shooting for the first of the year. You will find that I mix well in most any environment..Politics excluded. Really don't much matter or care if you believe or not. You read my book when it comes out.
"poop"
Still claim you never bragged about you bio/fantasy that is to be released some summer?
Peace
KMA
GPUAR

Location hidden

#1167602 Jul 16, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Spoken like a true nutcase.
Your brainwaves haven't quite fully developed yet though.

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1167603 Jul 16, 2014
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"real dumb"
Referring to the president as a boy is not a racial slur. The president's color is of interest to you, but not to me. I only look at his results while he has been in office. The results are sad, ergo our current president is a boy unable to effectively do a man/s or woman's job. Face the facts the boy president is a failure, rated worst among all presidents in your life time.
Peace
KMA
GPUAR
Eed you are a pathetic liar.

There are many terms to describe a young person.

Face it, you use the term 'Boy" because you are a racist & mistakenly believe you are being clever.

I have news.

You are not clever.

You are a racist f*ck

You are a racisrt f*ck.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1167605 Jul 16, 2014
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"real dumb"
Peace
KMA
GPUAR
Must you always lie like the uneducated idiot that you prove to be daily? Rated the worst by Cheney...That's laughable since Obama's approval is twice as high as his or Bush. And even the dumbest of the dumb know that calling a black person a "Boy" is racist...Again a proven lie. Your hatred fueled by your political ignorance is obvious to all. I suggest you stick to telling us all what you had for dinner. LOSER.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1167606 Jul 16, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
You just don't like my having to get you up to snuff on current events every time you're out of the loop.
And, of course, you've never liked me going way back because of my strong opinions and not being able to successfully put me in my place with your riddles and condescension.
So you're opinion of me, therefore, is tainted by this and doesn't count.
Give it up babe__I've never changed my take on you__not once.

I've always known that you post on different threads using different names and when bored will post with yourself to pass time.

You're a racist, scumbag topix troll.

On the brighter side__you're far more clever than Flack the lying fair tax stooge.

But not as clever as Jax.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1167607 Jul 16, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The fair tax people are liars.
They claim a 23% rate but it is really a 30% rate.
They get the 23% by saying under their scheme, when you spend $100.00,$23 dollars goes to the tax.
This is lying.
A sales tax is calculated thusly.
ST = Sales tax rate * price.
If the rate is 6% & you spend $50, the tax is .06* 50 or $3.00.
If you spend $77 & the tax is $23, then the rate would be calculated as 100(st/ price) or 100(23/77) or 29.9% or just say 30%
So when Flack & the fair tax dipsticks start talking about this 23% sales tax, it is actually a 30% tax. In PA, if your shopping trip purchases add up to $170.00, the tax will make it $231.20.
Who benefits? Wealthy people. Corporations who makes up the difference???? Guess.
Why do you libtards always have to change the question before you answer it? Because you want the answer to fit your profile! Now go back and try to understand how you changed the question, then answer it. I don't have time to deal with your dumbass right now so you have plenty of time.

Spokane, WA

#1167608 Jul 16, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
The question was bragging about my book....You proved only just what a flake you are...By mentioning a book 4 years ago is bragging????? God you are sooo stupid.Suffer you lying bitch.
"poop"
Where is the book? Just another lie on your part?
Peace
KMA
GPUAR
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1167609 Jul 16, 2014
tell it like it is wrote:
<quoted text>
IQ tests are racist...
Well we all expected that baggers wouldn't stand for it.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1167610 Jul 16, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
tell that to the people who pay the taxes.....
the only way to bring government under control is to starve the beast.....
lay off employees and tell the rest to work harder, just like every private sector job...
never works does it?

Clinton raised taxes. 22 million jobs.

Bush cut taxes. 1.3 million jobs.

so get back to me when you have a viable plan.

Location hidden

#1167611 Jul 16, 2014
"When people who don’t know me well, black or white, discover my background (and it is usually a discovery, for I ceased to advertise my mother’s race at the age of twelve or thirteen, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to whites), I see the split-second adjustments they have to make, the searching of my eyes for some telltale sign. They no longer know who I am. Privately, they guess at my troubled heart, I suppose – the mixed blood, the divided soul, the ghostly image of the tragic mulatto trapped between two worlds."
~Barack Obama from Dreams of My Father

He sure does overestimate and overanalyze his being of mixed race, doesn't he? He seems to think he's the only person on the planet who comes from a racially mixed marriage.

No one I know ever overthinks it like he does.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1167612 Jul 16, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Eed you are a pathetic liar.
There are many terms to describe a young person.
Face it, you use the term 'Boy" because you are a racist & mistakenly believe you are being clever.
I have news.
You are not clever.
You are a racist f*ck
You are a racisrt f*ck.

They don't come any dumber than old Eed.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1167613 Jul 16, 2014
tell it like it is wrote:
<quoted text>
IQ tests are racist...
lol

so you're saying that white privilege doesn't conquer all?
Bow Bugdoll

United States

#1167614 Jul 16, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Yes, here's one. You have to be the dumbest, most idiotic, worthless poster on this thread. I went back to August 2011 and there you were posting the same old lame shit you always post. Get a life loser!!!!
LMAO!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1167615 Jul 16, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right.(See how easy it is to admit that?)
The quote is actually from an article written by Steve Sailer who wrote a detailed analysis of Dreams from My Father, describing the narrator as "a humor-impaired Holden Caulfield whose preppie angst is fueled by racial regret" but also praising it as "an impressive book" with an "elegant, carefully wrought prose style."
The "grievance" quote comes from the following passage from Sailer's article:
"In reality, Obama provides a disturbing test of the best-case scenario of whether America can indeed move beyond race. He inherited his father's penetrating intelligence; was raised mostly by his loving liberal white grandparents in multiracial, laid-back Hawaii, where America's normal race rules never applied; and received a superb private school education. And yet, at least through age 33 when he wrote Dreams from My Father , he found solace in nursing a pervasive sense of grievance and animosity against his mother's race."
Politifact even agrees it's an arguable point whether it's a fair characterization of the views expressed in Obama's book.
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/state...
But here is the other full quote from "Dreams from My Father" [pg. xv]:
"When people who don’t know me well, black or white, discover my background (and it is usually a discovery, for I ceased to advertise my mother’s race at the age of twelve or thirteen, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to whites), I see the split-second adjustments they have to make, the searching of my eyes for some telltale sign. They no longer know who I am. Privately, they guess at my troubled heart, I suppose – the mixed blood, the divided soul, the ghostly image of the tragic mulatto trapped between two worlds. And if I were to explain that no, the tragedy is not mine, or at least not mine alone, it is yours, sons and daughters of Plymouth Rock and Ellis Island, it is yours, children of Africa, it is the tragedy of both my wife’s six-year-old cousin and his white first grade classmates, so that you need not guess at what troubles me, it’s on the nightly news for all to see, and that if we could acknowledge at least that much then the tragic cycle begins to break down…well, I suspect that I sound incurably naive, wedded to lost hopes, like those Communists who peddle their newspapers on the fringes of various college towns. Or worse, I sound like I’m trying to hide from."
http://www.factcheck.org/2008/06/obamas-dream...
Sounds like he struggled a lot with self-image and animosity of some kind. Wouldn't you agree?
so you're saying that the Tea party and Obama have something in common?
Patrick

United States

#1167616 Jul 16, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
never works does it?
Clinton raised taxes. 22 million jobs.
Bush cut taxes. 1.3 million jobs.
so get back to me when you have a viable plan.
excellent

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min Rogue Scholar 05 237,485
last post wins! (Apr '13) 35 min honeymylove 2,297
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 41 min Julia 63,296
News Joshua James, Shawn Mullins, Murder Mystery and... 1 hr Trump is the man 1
News Deportation fears, rumors are affecting busines... 1 hr Trump is the man 2
News Chicago kids are bringing education to girls (a... 1 hr Trump is the man 1
News 4 dead, 25 wounded in weekend shootings 2 hr former democrat 1

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages