Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1534576 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1166439 Jul 14, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
But as to your comment...
Not wanting to see pictures of animals being butchered is one thing. We know it happens and most of us have seen it happen but we're used to seeing meat packaged and prepared at the supermarket.
Not wanting to see the atrocities committed against humankind is a form of denial. There are still Holocaust deniers despite all of the photos and videos proving otherwise. They don't want to look at them either. Makes denying it easier.
Looking at it square in the face is how we process reality. You, like most liberals, would rather remain in denial. Otherwise, you'd have to accept the reality.
Images of Liberals' slaughtered infants reminds me so much of Upton Sinclair's "The Jungle": http://www.capitalcentury.com/1906.html

Somebody needs to clean up the Baby Killing Industry.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1166440 Jul 14, 2014
j rocker wrote:
<quoted text> The buck stops with me did you just say that NO OBAMA SAID THAT,NO THE BUCKS STOPS WITH YOU,unless you're on the DOLE. the Buck stops with the taxpayer because they ain't getting anymore moneyPERIOD
getting anymore would depend on what State you live in.

If we think of states as voters -- and they are in presidential elections due to the Electoral College -- then the Moocher Myth is backward. Starting with the 2000 election, the states that have benefited the most from federal spending have voted Republican. Those that pay the most in taxes per dollar received in spending vote Democrat. This paradox occurs even controlling for a state’s per-capita income, total population, racial composition, education level and defense spending.

At the county level, the Moocher Myth is more intriguing. The Census Bureau counts federal dollars in five broad categories: retirement and disability payments, salaries and wages, procurement contracts, grants, and other direct payments. In 2004 -- the last year the Tax Foundation calculated the tax burden per county -- the counties that received the most per person in retirement or grants had higher vote margins for Democrat John Kerry.

But the counties that received the highest per-capita spending in the category “other direct payments” voted for George W. Bush.“Other direct payments” includes Medicaid, food stamps, crop subsidies, housing assistance and many other programs that people generally think of as “welfare.”

It remains a mystery why places that receive the most per person in federal spending, particularly on welfare programs, vote in presidential elections for the party that wants to cut those programs.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-09-19/blam...

so fess up and tell us what State you live in so we can determine if the buck stops with you.
Poppy Cock

New York, NY

#1166441 Jul 14, 2014
Oh my GAWD! This is so unfair... why would a beautiful woman with gold eyes and honey-amber cascading waves of hair, and righteously pink nipples on white, white skin... and FRECKLES!!! live in Ohio for christ's sake? This is TORTURE!

Since: May 14

Location hidden

#1166442 Jul 14, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text> My daughter is big into animal rescue so I'm all to familiar with the cruelty to them, I also served in Vietnam so I'm a tad familiar with the atrocities of war also. But I never feel the need or desire to be reminded over and over about mans inhumanity towards man. The Polish people lost twice as many people in the 2nd World war than did the Jews. Your judgmental political beliefs are selective in nature, thousands upon thousands of Iraqi children were killed unmercifully by the Bush lies, as an alleged christian shouldn't all life matter equally????
Prove Bush deliberately killed Iraqi children

Lapeer, MI

#1166444 Jul 14, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
Evil Fox news....
'‘WHAT A FREAKIN’ LIE’! Reuters, Yahoo busted for bogus headline about Obama at border [pics]; Update: Headline changed, still wrong; Update: Slideshow goes missing'
http://twitchy.com/2014/07/10/what-a-freakin-...
If another airhead tells me that the American Media is not Mentally-Challenged Liberal, I'll fill in their Lobotomy with a a pound of poop to blend with the rest.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1166445 Jul 14, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Your paranoia is the least of your problems loser. I count my blessing every time i read one of your twisted posts. If ever there was a worthless twit, you be it. Whine, bitch. hate and moan every day. Never ending ignorance.
You should be counting your blessings with every breath, you old goat. Galt is the least of your problems. If anything, he's a chronic pain in your ass. Set your crosshairs a bit higher - a lot higher. All the way to the top, that's where the worthless twit resides.
Poppy Cock

New York, NY

#1166446 Jul 14, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
But as to your comment...
Not wanting to see pictures of animals being butchered is one thing. We know it happens and most of us have seen it happen but we're used to seeing meat packaged and prepared at the supermarket.
Not wanting to see the atrocities committed against humankind is a form of denial. There are still Holocaust deniers despite all of the photos and videos proving otherwise. They don't want to look at them either. Makes denying it easier.
Looking at it square in the face is how we process reality. You, like most liberals, would rather remain in denial. Otherwise, you'd have to accept the reality.
Nah, you do. The reality is people come and people go and not much ever changes except the math dictates there's always more and more of them. The reality is, you and your kind just killed a zillion of the little tykes for nothing. I'm sure they'd be comforted now to hear your passionate pleas for their survival. You're NUTS, carol... How else can one say it?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1166447 Jul 14, 2014
Eleanor Beaver wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! Didn't see THAT coming.
I don't know what is more amusingly ludicrous...the story, or that fools like you actually believe it?
oh yes, those pesky facts again.

what a fool i am to believe facts. i mean, just think of all the faux stuff that the FOX dreamers think Obama needs to apologize for! it would much smarter of me to just run with the FOX BS. then i could be more ignorant than someone who doesn't watch any news and who doesn't want that??

Lapeer, MI

#1166448 Jul 14, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
What would you do?
70 percent of Israelis are living within range of Hamas' rockets....
http://ace.mu.nu/Windows-Live-Writer/a8826d04...
It's like Netanyahu says. Imagine every major American city between NYC and Denver under missile attack. What would *YOU* do??

I'd roll in there with tanks, guns blazing troops and clean Allah right out of there.
Eleanor Beaver

United States

#1166449 Jul 14, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> You are a clown who contributes nothing to this thread but childish taunts and juvenile name calling.
Ghost suffers from many mental illnesses.
Poppy Cock

New York, NY

#1166450 Jul 14, 2014
scirocco wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove Bush deliberately killed Iraqi children
No. It's obvious he did. Just as it's obvious that he doesn't intend to surrender voluntarily to face charges of treason and murder... but pay he will... and you will too... bank on it...
Frank

Spokane, WA

#1166451 Jul 14, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
"Oh what a load. Just because he's a lover of women doesn't make him a "sex offender"; a term that is used for rapists.
How can you stand yourself with all the lying and slandering you do?"
She was a young intern. Clinton was the worst kind of sex offender, he took advantage of a young intern who was intrusted into his care.No different than a school teacher taking advantage of a student or a social services official taking advantage of someone who needed help.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1166452 Jul 14, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
getting anymore would depend on what State you live in.
If we think of states as voters -- and they are in presidential elections due to the Electoral College -- then the Moocher Myth is backward. Starting with the 2000 election, the states that have benefited the most from federal spending have voted Republican. Those that pay the most in taxes per dollar received in spending vote Democrat.
this is a silly argument that is heavily influenced by the presence of federal lands, military bases, Indian reservations, and the like....

nobody cares....
Poppy Cock

New York, NY

#1166453 Jul 14, 2014
j rocker wrote:
<quoted text> You better exit real quickly.
Huh? This is the big CRUISE, baby! You and me are goin' down TOGETHER. swabbie! Course you're just goin' a little further down than me...(sound of zipper being slowly pulled down and a blig black scaly penis flopping out in front of your face...)... OOOOOpen wi-de, sweetie, Daddy's home...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1166454 Jul 14, 2014
Reid: Judge Judy Would Throw Out Boehner's Lawsuit Against Obama

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/harry-r...

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#1166455 Jul 14, 2014
Poppy Cock wrote:
Oh my GAWD! This is so unfair... why would a beautiful woman with gold eyes and honey-amber cascading waves of hair, and righteously pink nipples on white, white skin... and FRECKLES!!! live in Ohio for christ's sake? This is TORTURE!
For a while longer, I guess. It keeps me from being "willfully ignorant" becuase I don't think Liberals are the guilty parties in all of mankind's foibles.
Poppy Cock

New York, NY

#1166456 Jul 14, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
It's like Netanyahu says. Imagine every major American city between NYC and Denver under missile attack. What would *YOU* do??
I'd roll in there with tanks, guns blazing troops and clean Allah right out of there.
I'd ship all the jews to texas, instantly! Problems - both of them -solved.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1166457 Jul 14, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Corporal Captain Ghostie , you are a senile old man who has no idea what or how my life is. I have met more people in my life than you will ever know. I have friends all over the world. You are a clown who contributes nothing to this thread but childish taunts and juvenile name calling. There are many times I swear you are no more than ten. Grow up and talk about the topixs at hand and leave the guttersnipe behind.
You are as you show now a very insecure and little man. For a person to make all of the claims you just did is way beyond proof enough to prove my point. You know absolutely nothing about me or who knows who.You post miles and miles of monotonous nonsense daily that few if any ever read, you try so hard to be relevant and project an air of knowledge that is sadly lacking in quality and serves only to boost your own self ego. By the way little man I'm always recognized where ever I go. So suck on on it Billy Barty.
Poppy Cock

New York, NY

#1166459 Jul 14, 2014
In the unfortunate 1940's the colonial powers in their wisdom, created Israel, and, thereby, it's attendant disaster. Therefore it is STILL the right of the colonial powers in question to un-make it.... bulldoze it.... push it into the sea and make right the absurd original mistake. So which of you real americans wants them? Surely? Someone? It's what you want, isn't it? hello?... I KNOW the southerners will take them, look at how welcoming they've been to the nations other minorities....
Poppy Cock

New York, NY

#1166460 Jul 14, 2014
Eleanor Beaver wrote:
<quoted text>
Ghost suffers from many mental illnesses.
We all do, but nobody MADE us come here...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
whats going on in washington 17 min MAGA 7
GOP: Kids should be financially independent soo... 20 min MAGA 5
ex chicago police woman (Jul '16) 44 min Earl 23
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 57 min TRD 71,288
You created "US". 2 hr Needed Desperately 2
Mass media's war on police leads to more crime. 2 hr Citizen Bob 2
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr satan 240,820

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages