Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1460433 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1165925 Jul 13, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
people who raise worthless kids who go to third-rate colleges and can't find any work except sucking the blood of the taxpayers shouldn't talk....
My my, will the envious whining ever reside? Poor "OLD" Galt always the loser. Somethings never change. Your ignorance and envy reigns supreme. One lowlife maggot, that be Galt.
Notta Sheeple

Sioux City, IA

#1165926 Jul 13, 2014
[QUOTE9 who="Thomper UK"]Very rarely is so much expectation laid to rest on one persons shoulders.
Obama will NEVER be able to live up to the expectations and hype of this circus of an election.
I feel sorry for the bloke.[/QUOTE]
Nearly 6 years later and where are we? With a planned invasion happening on our border and the "Golden Boy" wants $4 Billion to take of THEM. Yeh,he reworded it AFTER his original statement,claiming it's for enforcement) He's rather take care of illegals than his own people.And where is he now that HIS amnesty bill created this mess? Oh,that's right,on yet another vacation.Have any of you devout Barack Osama supporters figured out you've been used & deceived?
The next big plan of action is to cut military& law enforcement spending.WOW,that's just brilliant!!! Create a huge illegal welfare state,while cutting LEGAL Americans social security ,food assistance,and medical care.Keep allowing and encouring illegals to come here, then cut back on law enforcement and military.Do you see a problem here????
And before you say they are not being encouraged to come here, how about asking why the current administration is advertising Food Stamp Programs south of the border with our tax $$$.Or the fact that statistically Hispanics TAKE back more than they contribute to this country in food stamps.healthcare,WIC,and education costs.They are gluttons for every "Free" benefit available. I have been in line behind them,getting their free 10 gallons each of milk & orange juice and 50 (yes FIFTY) boxes of cereal and loading it into their Cadillac Escalade.I have worked for Dr's offices and know many use numerous identities and can't even keep it straight themselves.We have to look under 4 different aliases to find their records. I worked for over 20 years but since I do not have several illegitimate children & am not a "minority" I didn't qualify for any assistance when I lost my job due to cancer. And ,NO- I can't get unemployment because "you have to be "ABLE" to work regardless of anyone wanting to hire you or not"
I am sick of our government & bleeding hearts worrying about illegals.Take care of Americans & fix our problems.
Frank

Spokane, WA

#1165927 Jul 13, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>what failures of his has he tried to blame on bush or reagan? what agendas did he push while in the Senate?
or were you just blindly parroting things you don't understand?
He tried to blame ObamaKare on Bush and Reagan, he tried to blame ObamaKare on Romney. Obama tried to blame the role out for ObamaKare on Bush,even though Obama himself commissioned one of Michelle Obama's Princeton classmate at ten times the going rate to design and administer it. Obama has tried to blame unemployment on Bush,even though a 100 million people needs jobs as a direct result of Obama's anti-Jobs agenda. Obama tries to blame Bush for obscene increases in federal spending that result from Obama agenda. Obama looks for someone to blame for every thing that he does wrong on a regular basis because he is too arrogant to change his opinion on his agenda items. I have been following this Obama agenda since 2004, partly because he actually fooled me into thinking he wanted to be bipartisan and work with the Republicans for the best interests of our country. That lasted about two minutes before I found out that he has never had the best interest of our country any where on his agenda.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1165928 Jul 13, 2014
Maddy wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove it incorrect but you can't can you because it's FACT. Just like DACA Executive Order President Obama signed. Both facts and they align perfectly with what is happening on our border. Now 70 % of our Border Patrol are not guarding our borders but instead engaged in administrative work i.e, ; paperwork.
Documentarian is on the border right now filming the 'invasion' and the cartels working hand in hand with helping people cross our borders illegally. Did you know that muslim prayer rugs have been found on our southern border?
Guess another 9/11 tragedy is something your ok with?
You're a gd liar
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1165929 Jul 13, 2014
Obama The Worst wrote:
Thanks to the libs, the US is rapidly evolving into a central american banana republic itself, a nation of the very rich and the poor while the middle class--the strength of any free society-- is being systematically not only ignored and disrespected but wiped out.
We are becoming Venezuela.
And since we have a state media, the MSM, 90% of what people (low information voters) see and which exists and dedicates itself to protecting the ruling class and would no more pursue unflattering news stories or opinions about the Leader than those countries would about their government or Pravda would have about Stalin, you have the perfect storm for the end of the great American experiment.
Meanwhile, Obumbles is yucking it up at campaign fund raisers and still blaming everyone but his own failed policies.
Speaking of low information voters!!!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1165930 Jul 13, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I was only reading your post.
I said you were a whiney selfish assh*le for risking your children's future with your climate change denial and you said something like "That confirms it".
those who would destroy the American economy for an unproven political theory are the ones who are risking the future of their children....

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#1165931 Jul 13, 2014
new yawk wrote:
<quoted text>
It's an illegal tax shelter where even the homeless call themselves "bankers," and they have, by choice, no loyalty at all, you moron. However, I accept your premise that "business" and "organized crime" are synonymous... they are in this country too....
Sounds like you should find a place to live at the Vatican or Qatar.
Frank

Spokane, WA

#1165932 Jul 13, 2014
Torn Sak wrote:
Democrat Gubernatorial Candidate Exposed as Hypocrite
Watch as she tries to explain her fundraising hypocrisy...HILARIOUS!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =OSIMR5kF650XX
Democrats as a matter of pride get a very large amount of their fund raising from unions that are based all over the country. There are strict rules about fundraising that Obama completely ignored in 2008 and 2012. During the 2008 campaign Obama actually promised to abide by some new campaign policies, but he lied. It is estimated that large sums of his campaign dollars in 2008 and 2012 came from foreign sources,that is against federal law and is a felony offense that has put other politicians in prison.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1165933 Jul 13, 2014
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"shinningeclectr0n"
He would make a grate spokesperson for Nair, he has nary a hair on his fanny.
Peace
I see old perverted Eed is still concerned about another mans ass. What kind of idiot talks like "Nary a hair"? What a goober.
spocko

Oakland, CA

#1165934 Jul 13, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
no....Obama wants every business and every individual to do exactly as he commands....
Republicans have spent the last 6 years hoping Obama screws up as bad as Gdub did. It hasn't happened and it won’t, but keep hoping guys, maybe 3,000 Americans will die in a terrorist attack. What’s that – oh no, 4 died in Benghazi ...
Donnie

United States

#1165935 Jul 13, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a gd liar
Nah, I think you are!
Jane Says

Miami, FL

#1165936 Jul 13, 2014
She gets mad
And she starts to cry
She takes a swing man
She cant hit!
She don't mean no harm
She just dont know
What else to do about it

Jane says
Jane says
The Debils Mentally ILL

Buffalo, NY

#1165937 Jul 13, 2014
Jane Says wrote:
She gets mad
And she starts to cry
She takes a swing man
She cant hit!
She don't mean no harm
She just dont know
What else to do about it
Jane says
Jane says
Nice Poem ..

And it takes *twice as much effort/ output of energy* to swing and miss your target.
Takes *less* to swing and connect.

Poor Debil must have left exhausted.
As well as dismayed to meet "The Way of The Intercepting Fist".
Frank

Spokane, WA

#1165938 Jul 13, 2014
KarlVIIIII wrote:
House Republicans WASTED millions and Millions to investigate Benghazi 8 EIGHT times.....There WAS and IS NO SCANDAL concluded in ALL 8 EIGHT Republican witch hunts...
House Republicans WASTED Millions and MILLIONS to investigate the IRS for months on end to CONCLUDE there was NO CONSERVATIVE groups scrutinized unfairly...
Other than WASTE Millions and Millions of OUR tax dollars the REPUBLICANS have done NOTHING for 6 SIX years
There would not have been any waste if Obama and Clinton had simply took responsibility for their actions.Obama and Clinton both lied about the circumstances around Benghazi. The entire incident was a result of Obama policy and in fact the increase in problems in the region are a direct result of Obama's "A New Beginning" speech in 2009. Obama even took credit for the increased activity until it became a political disadvantage to claim that Arab Spring was because of his Cairo speech.Obama certainly no longer wants to be associated with Arab Spring,"Arab Winter" ,"Arab Dissatisfaction", "Arab Awakening" or "Arab Uprisings". Because of Obama's interference rulers had been forced from power in Tunisia, Egypt (twice) Libya,and Yemen,civil unrest has occured in Bahrain and Syria, major protests had broken out in Algeria, Iraq,Jordan, Kuwait, Morocco,Israel and Sudan. Obama meddling can also be traced to minor protests in Mauritania, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Djibouti, Western Sahara,and the Palestinian territories. And you Liberals don't care about all those hundreds of thousands of refugees homeless and helpless across the region. Why didn't Obama just stay in Chicago and continue to watch it erode while he ignores the people being murdered in the same neighborhood where he used to knock on doors and ask for money that he knew would never go to help improve the situation including elderly people dying,children being shot, gangs selling drugs and killing for turf. Obama turned his back on Chicago and then when it became a political disadvantage he turned his back on the plight of the middle east and the problems that he responsible for causing.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1165939 Jul 13, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
My my, will the envious whining ever reside? Poor "OLD" Galt always the loser. Somethings never change. Your ignorance and envy reigns supreme. One lowlife maggot, that be Galt.
"poop"
You are back!!!!!!!!!!
How did your 2 week session at your rehab session go? Did you regale the attendants with your tales of how you seduced all the lovely young ladies you met in the Bahamas? Did you do a little work on your bio/fantasy you promised would be released some summer, 5 years ago? Did they supply you with some fresh Depends? Were the Bahama's like every other place? All women hate you and all gay men love you?
Glad you are back!!!!!!!!!!
Peace
KMA
GPUAR
Jane Says

Miami, FL

#1165940 Jul 13, 2014
The Debils Mentally ILL wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice Poem ..
And it takes *twice as much effort/ output of energy* to swing and miss your target.
Okaaay??? Debil? Not familar with that. Sorry.
Jane Says

Miami, FL

#1165941 Jul 13, 2014
The Debils Mentally ILL wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice Poem ..
&fe ature=kp

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1165942 Jul 13, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I was only reading your post.
I said you were a whiney selfish assh*le for risking your children's future with your climate change denial and you said something like "That confirms it".
I didn't say anything of the sort. After reading your faith based hysterics, I said "I rest my case." I'll consider reconsidering when my children start dying from climate change denial.
GOPidiots

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#1165943 Jul 13, 2014
It's "taken responsibility" and you are wacked.
GOPidiots

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#1165944 Jul 13, 2014
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>Democrats as a matter of pride get a very large amount of their fund raising from unions that are based all over the country. There are strict rules about fundraising that Obama completely ignored in 2008 and 2012. During the 2008 campaign Obama actually promised to abide by some new campaign policies, but he lied. It is estimated that large sums of his campaign dollars in 2008 and 2012 came from foreign sources,that is against federal law and is a felony offense that has put other politicians in prison.
BS. Vast majority of campaign cash was small donors both elections.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min Jacques Ottawa 231,237
last post wins! (Dec '10) 37 min They cannot kill ... 2,764
last post wins! (Apr '13) 38 min They cannot kill ... 1,977
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Burn Gas for Fun 62,366
Are democrats destroyed? 2 hr enter username 17
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) 3 hr Talkin To DaDouch... 7,967
Should TRUMP use this? 8 hr ITs TRUE USE IT 10

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages