Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1275341 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Stop Child Soliders”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1164749 Jul 11, 2014
Supreme Court's favorability increases after Hobby Lobby decision

In the latest Economist/YouGov Poll, Americans are closely divided in how they view the Court, but there has been a slight improvement in the last week.(Went from 38 favorable/43 unfavorable to 44/41)

But the greatest change in perception of the Supreme Court came from independents. Last week, independents were more unfavorable than favorable, this week, a majority of independents are favorable.(32/52 to 53/37)

Opinions about the Hobby Lobby decision divide along party lines, with majorities of Republicans and Democrats on opposite sides of the case: 63% of Democrats oppose the ruling, while 80% of Republicans support it. A majority of independents also support the decision.(53/36)

https://today.yougov.com/news/2014/07/09/supr...

Maybe, the Senate Dems needs to reconsider their law that obliterates most of the first and second amendments.
Truman Compote

Salt Lake City, UT

#1164750 Jul 11, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
No, they are yours; and this is not the forum for you to share your sick rape fantasies about children.
No, they are YOURS! Wanna know why?... because I don't have any such fantasies, dummy; can't you read?... This entire one million, three hundred and fifty seven thousand post thread - they've removed a LOT of mine... is just lights on a screen... it means nothing... YOU gave it meaning you dumb bitch... because I don't even care if the whole species disappears... there is no "GOOD" in man... we destroy all we touch.... lighten up....

And.. furthermore...

Do not deign to fuck with me...

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1164751 Jul 11, 2014
flack wrote:
This is why you feel poorer (Chart)
By Nick Sorrentino on July 10, 2014
expenses c c
Because in real terms (adjusted for inflation) you literally are poorer, with pretty much each passing day.
Even those with significant assets are hurting. Keeping up with inflation was, most of the time, not terribly difficult. A cd at the local bank was often enough. But now, with interest rates at historic lows it is very difficult to find low risk yield. It’s either get into the market or get left behind.
Grandma shouldn’t be in the market, especially the way it is now.
What we see here is the Federal Reserve keeping the debt game going. This is good for the banks, but not so good for nearly everyone else.
(From Economicnoise.com )
For those still working, most are losing purchasing power each year. Wages are not keeping up with inflation, even the understated numbers reported by government. In short, the decline of a once-great economic power is well underway. The country is no longer growing enough to raise everyone’s standard of living.
Government has killed the golden goose and in an attempt to hide the obvious is debauching the dollars. Government tries to hide their own failure with phony statistics and a welfare state designed to placate the masses. Bread and circuses are deceptions not progress.
Flack is arguing for higher interest rates.

I wonder how higher interest rates effects jobs? I wonder if master economist Flack had considered that aspect?

The inflation rate the last two months is lower than it was for 80-% of the months when Bush was President.

“Stop Child Soliders”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1164752 Jul 11, 2014
<quoted text>
You're sick in the head if you think rape is funny; or that women like to be raped; or that rape is sex. Sick, sick, sick in the head.
NO, rape isn't funny lily!! So why cheapen the experience of women who where truly raped with mindless victims. It was totally repulsive!

How can you even attempt to justify these comments--
"All men are rapist"

"Men who open doors for you are raping you in their minds."

You are sick for attacking me rather than the kooks who are making these remarks!

Since: May 14

Location hidden

#1164753 Jul 11, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Congress claimed the president was a Muslim born in Kenya?
Not all Congress, just some Republican morons.
Truman Compote

Salt Lake City, UT

#1164754 Jul 11, 2014
Now, Lily, dear... I'm gonna cut you a deal...

This deal is good for five minutes.

You put your bullshit "child-rape" fantasies - they are most DEFINITELY yours since, having raised several, I can think of NOTHING more ODIOUS than having a child as a love-interest - you hang 'em up... right this second.. or I'll teach you the meaning of horror. I'm not fuckin' around, honey, and I'm not here to make friends... I got a job to do, don't get in my way... I'm just sayin'...

So, we friends again?.... or would you rather we weren't?...

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1164755 Jul 11, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
Supreme Court's favorability increases after Hobby Lobby decision
In the latest Economist/YouGov Poll, Americans are closely divided in how they view the Court, but there has been a slight improvement in the last week.(Went from 38 favorable/43 unfavorable to 44/41)
But the greatest change in perception of the Supreme Court came from independents. Last week, independents were more unfavorable than favorable, this week, a majority of independents are favorable.(32/52 to 53/37)
Opinions about the Hobby Lobby decision divide along party lines, with majorities of Republicans and Democrats on opposite sides of the case: 63% of Democrats oppose the ruling, while 80% of Republicans support it. A majority of independents also support the decision.(53/36)
https://today.yougov.com/news/2014/07/09/supr...
Maybe, the Senate Dems needs to reconsider their law that obliterates most of the first and second amendments.
I have news, corporations are not people. Next you GD morons will want them to vote but hey, why vote when you can buy elections.

I am sure the founding fathers wanted that.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1164756 Jul 11, 2014
<quoted text>
You're sick in the head if you think rape is funny; or that women like to be raped; or that rape is sex. Sick, sick, sick in the head.
tell that to your Obama buddy Ghost.....

you hypocritical NYC Bocajew.....

(pardon the redundancy).....
Truman Compote

Salt Lake City, UT

#1164757 Jul 11, 2014
You got three minutes... I swear to god this is the only deal you'll ever get from me... DECIDE!
Truman Compote

Salt Lake City, UT

#1164758 Jul 11, 2014
One minute... and your entire life will change... decide now...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1164759 Jul 11, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder how higher interest rates effects jobs? I wonder if master economist Flack had considered that aspect?
The inflation rate the last two months is lower than it was for 80-% of the months when Bush was President.
higher interest rates bring more capital into the marketplace and increase the purchasing power of investors, primarily senior citizens.....

zero interest rates benefit nobody other than Obama's big bank puppetmasters.....

you're just too stupid to understand this.....

Since: May 14

Location hidden

#1164760 Jul 11, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Islam consists of religious cult freaks. Just because they're not members of the same local, they're all card carrying members of the Headloppers Union. Their ideology and sworn mission in life remains the same, worldwide. You idiots insist on mitigating the threat by differentiating between individual subgroups, rather than focusing on the big picture. That's a no-win philosophy.
Islam AND CHRISTIANITY consists of religious cult freaks. Just because they're not members of the same local, they're all card carrying members of the Headloppers Union. Their ideology and sworn mission in life remains the same, worldwide. You idiots insist on mitigating the threat by differentiating between individual subgroups, rather than focusing on the big picture. That's a no-win philosophy.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1164761 Jul 11, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Sheepdip! I went to the store yesterday and a pound of bacon was $6.99. Hamburger is over $5 a pound. Eggs prices have doubled as well as bread. Gas is twice the price or more than the whole Bush era save for a few months in 2008. You are a friggin' moran Dave!!!!!

Democrats’“empty rhetoric” on gas prices
By MajorityAP Posted in Congress — Comments (9)/ Email this page »/ Leave a comment »

With gasoline prices reaching record highs, House Democrats’ scrambled this week to feign action on lowering prices at the pump as many Americans took to the highways for the Memorial Day Weekend.
As Yogi Berra once said, it was like déjà vu all over again.
After passing on Wednesday the so-called “Federal Price Gouging Prevention Act of 2007,” House Speaker Nancy Pelosi released a statement saying “instead of investing in clean, domestic alternative fuels and renewable energy, Republicans lined the pockets of Big Oil, which was already making record profits. This has resulted in unprecedented dependence on foreign oil and record prices at the pump.”
If Pelosi’s statement sounded familiar, that’s because a year ago, she released a similar statement.“With record gas prices, record CEO pay packages, and record oil company profits,” Pelosi charged,“Speaker Hastert and the Majority Congress continue to give the American people empty rhetoric rather than join Democrats who are working to lower gas prices now.”
As gasoline prices now average more than $3.20 per gallon nationwide, they might have seemed a bargain at $2.91 when Pelosi accused the GOP of “empty rhetoric.”
So with Pelosi and Democrats now in charge of Congress, what’s changed?
In a word, nothing.
As part of its so-called “100 Hours Agenda,” House Democrats pledged to “energize America…by rolling back the multi-billion dollar subsidies for Big Oil.” The last bill adopted by the House as part of that package was H.R. 6, which, according to Pelosi, would “end…subsidies for Big Oil.”
But as the Los Angeles Times reported shortly after the “100 Hours agenda” was completed, lobbyists found that the new Democrat majority was “open for business.”
Among those lobbyists were representatives of so-called “Big Oil,” who, according to the Times report,“fended off many features it considered most objectionable in the proposed energy bill.”
U.S. Representatives Gene Green and Chet Edwards, both of Texas, reportedly led efforts with energy company representatives to ensure that the Democrats’ bill would not hurt oil companies.“Green particularly was a point of contact for the industry and for staff,” the Times reported.“On Jan. 9, he held a private meeting of about a dozen Congress members and 20 to 30 lobbyists — including those representing every major oil company — to go through the legislation.”
More surprising is that the meeting reportedly followed earlier sessions in Pelosi’s office with industry representatives.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1164762 Jul 11, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Not that it matters to a self centered sociopathic piece of crap like you but these kids didn't leave their country and make a long and dangerous journey for cake, ice cream and trips to Disney land; they were fleeing for their lives.
prove it.....

and, even if they were, it's not our problem.....

the same could be said for hundreds of millions of people worldwide....
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1164763 Jul 11, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
She seemed to get upset regarding the election Elizabeth Warren in 2016
Well, right now the best they can do is talk about the 'other guy.'

'Cause they don't have anyone on their side to talk about!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1164764 Jul 11, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
You were the one that mocked it until you discovered it was a possibility.
That's your problem son.

You're simply a reich wing hard liner....no thinking involved.....
Truman Compote

Salt Lake City, UT

#1164765 Jul 11, 2014
... and here's the point, dear Lily...

A minute is up and nothing happened... do you get it?(exasperated sigh...)... words have no meaning beyond the meaning YOU embue them with... DO you ACTUALLY think I advocate child rape??? Are you INSANE????? Who would do that? So you are sooooo dimwitted that you've been posting to a child rapist for a YEAR OR MORE???? Jesus, God! No wonder there's still a republican party...

Anyway. your time's up... and that means you get to enjoy me peculiar sense of humour, you dumb slut...

You're really one of them, Lily... knee-jerk reactions... no thought... you shouda spoke up faster...

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1164766 Jul 11, 2014
Two tax breaks considered essential to the industry - one conferring “favorable tax treatment on U.S. refineries that expanded and upgraded plants, and another allowing “industry accounting methods that dramatically reduced taxes”- were preserved by House Democrats despite their pronouncements of ending so-called subsidies to “big oil.”
The Democrats’ comprehensive energy bill did not address price gouging, which this week the new Majority claimed was essential to lowering gasoline prices. A 2006 report by the Federal Trade Commission noted that gouging was not a major contributor to the increase in gas prices.
Despite Democrat majorities in both the House of Representatives and the United States Senate, not a single bill adopted as part of the “100 Hours Agenda” has become law.
Interestingly, that “100 Hours” began at 1:00 p.m. on Tuesday, January 9, 2007, and ended around 7:00 p.m. on Thursday, January 18, 2007, for a total of 222 hours. Democrats clocked it in at 42 hours and 25 minutes.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1164767 Jul 11, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
A 17-year-old boy who fled Honduras told the UNHCR interviewers, "My grandmother is the one who told me to leave. She said:'If you don't join, the gang will shoot you. If you do, the rival gang will shoot you, or the cops. But if you leave, no one will shoot you.'"
if this is the only criteria, all the black yutes from Chicago should be relocated to Boca....
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1164768 Jul 11, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Warren will be in the running when Hillary finally moves out of the way. As well as Uncle Joe and a couple others.
lol! And until then, reich wingers have squat... as usual!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 min loose cannon 196,957
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 min Whiny1 6,408
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 43 min pingpong 54,502
ask amy 8-29-15 57 min Julie 4
abby 8-28-15 2 hr Mister Tonka 4
Steve Wilkos : talk show host ? or simple mi... (Feb '08) 2 hr Tvlover 406
last post wins! (Dec '10) 5 hr Red_Forman 1,347
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages