Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1497933 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1164955 Jul 11, 2014
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
A logical person would be concerned with the average price for each term, but then again, you are a moron liberal idiot.
Obama's was $4.30 using your numbers by the way, moron.
I know you are too stupid to read a graph, but anyone with a brain can see gas prices suck under Obama:
http://www.gasbuddy.com/gb_retail_price_chart...
The left never says boo now.
You flunked math a see.
Olive Oil

Buffalo, NY

#1164956 Jul 11, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
That is what some CA churches have decided to do. Buy them bus tickets to NY and NJ
Buy who bus tickets? Illegal Immigrants? Children? Churches in NY and NJ?

Because if so, I have a few questions for those Churches and their Constituents

Also the pen pushing bureaucratic politicians who represent The Districts.

Hmmmmm, depending on accurate information gleaned, may be time to Holla'!,

And it won't be Hallelujer !
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1164957 Jul 11, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
It was not the intent of the Constitution to include corporations as people.
This idea that corporations are religious is just ridiculous.
Corporations don't have the right to free speech. " Buy my product, it is the best ever" "When was the last time you saw an ad on TV for cigarettes"
Stockholders have the right to donate money to candidates. Corporations, some with mega foreign ownership, buying TV ads for candidates is exactly what???
When you see a corporation in church or when you see a corporation in jail, let me know.
Campaign finance reform. OMG OMG OMG.
the Supreme Court says dumbass Dave is a dumbass.....
TSM

El Paso, TX

#1164958 Jul 11, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Ah! So that bit in iraq bushie boy did and the 4 airlines he let crash on US soil....
... just a blip on reich winger radar eh?
I guess you people have no problems with it recurring over and over and over again since it's not a big deal in your world.
You should really make the point explicit so it's not lost in translation son.
Yeah let me simplify this…..If Clinton would have done his Jobs and taken out Bin Laden 9/11/Iraq would have never happen…Right?

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1164959 Jul 11, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
So says the Liberal Media.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HA......
I can always count on you to be in denial. Must have something to do with the forgiveness thing. Republicans always seem to think they can wipe the slate clean by praying. Sorry, doesn't work that way. For once in your life own up to your partys sexual predators in Congress.

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#1164960 Jul 11, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
That is what some CA churches have decided to do. Buy them bus tickets to NY and NJ
No thank you, plenty already.:-)
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1164961 Jul 11, 2014
Nostrilis Waxmoron wrote:
<quoted text>
Too bad you don't have this much compassion for America's poor.
Remember t he story about the Hispanic and black kids who got free lunch and had the gall to wear "designer clothes and sneakers"??

The right thinks that poor people should be groveling on hands and knees begging for a little morsel of food and then be forever grateful for it. They think the poor should jump through hoops to prove their worthiness. It's all a load
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1164962 Jul 11, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
California gas prices are influenced more by the lack of refinery capacity and the requirement for special blends than by the higher gas tax....
It's always something eh?

The price in Houston is about $3.20__didn't you pretend to be living there awhile back__maybe you could pretend you still pretend to live there and save a buck per gallon.

Tocino is probably cheaper there too.
Torn Sak

United States

#1164963 Jul 11, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Share that with your butt pal Galt__and BTW some in congress think now is a good time to hike the federal gasoline tax by 12 cents per gallon.
How many names will you post under today fkface? On this thread__I know you're a busy troll.
So says the chump who spends his 24/7/365 on Topix and known to post under several names including Patrick n Angela. A confused old fk.
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

#1164964 Jul 11, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You flunked math a see.
As we can see that you cannot read the very graph that you linked to. As Galt stated the average gas price during the Obama admin has been consistently higher that during the Bush admin. But then honesty and integrity are missing from most liberals.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1164965 Jul 11, 2014
Olive Oil wrote:
<quoted text>
So? What's your point. We were discussing:
-The Jewish People DID NOT slay others for NOT converting to Judaism AS the muslims do.
-Judaism has never been a faith that seeks converts.
- Beheading was not a common practice for form of punishment in Jewish Society as it is in muslim world.
Well maybe young David did hack off Goliath's head after he killed him with a Sling-Shot ...
But if you want to discuss Wars: The Egyptian Wars with The Hittites, The Ottomon Wars ...
It's a veritable metropolis of a muslim monopoly ...
Your point...

"But Christianity and Judaism don't live by the diabolical mandate: "Convert to Islam or die by the sword, beheading"
"I will always speak out against attacks against Muslims".
Then why aren't you speaking out against the attacks on Christians by Muslims, the systematic slaughtering of Christians all over The Globe by Muslims.
Never a word regarding it from your lying mouth, Stretch.
Well, the Muslims have certainly been successful in their ruse of differentiating radical Islam from peaceful Muslim, when in actuality and reality, it's one and the same in belief.
They've spared no effort in their deceit, obviously, you leftist Communists swallowed it.
Muslims are protesting to "impose" their way of life on American Society. If they want an Islamic way of life, then go back to their own Countries. Don't infringe on our way of life by demanding "special treatment" and priviledges. Once that's done, it disenfranchises another/other group(s).
I don't believe The Jewish People care what you think - They aren't victims of Zionism.
They're victims of Muslim neighbors who hate them and want them pushed into The Sea. DEAD...."

My point was the OT clearly showed Christians attacked and killed.

You want to pick a practice and what's written from a theological perspective, then fine. And that's all I did, follow your path...
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1164966 Jul 11, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt says that when the economy needs a boost, raising interest raters is the way to go.
Galt is dumber than sh*t
I was wondering if he would ever respond on that point...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1164967 Jul 11, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course I do. I never pass by someone in need without helping them. Because reaching out to those in need is a basic part of my core as a human being. Some would say to a fault.
But liberals such as yourself simply won't accept the system is broken. The truly needy are being turned away from food stamps and shelter because they don't "qualify" under government regulations while people who own a fancy car do.
If you don't think this is true, call a social service worker in your area who has to make these heart wrenching decisions. I know one personally who said she felt like weeping every time she had to turn away someone begging for help.
Oh really? Tell us the last time you helped a person.

"people who own a fancy car" !!! Sounds like Reagan and the Cadillac driving welfare queen!
Stop lying; anyone can look up the guidelines for foodstamps and even apply online; it's a formula and it is really for the truly impoverished. How did this "person" you know that person had a "fancy car?" I doubt a person qualifies if his assets are above the guidelines; just because a person may have driven this "fancy car", doesn't mean she owned it. I'll be this person was black as well?

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1164968 Jul 11, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Well, I still like to think it was stolen by bushie boy's brother and the reich wingers in Florida!!!
Remember what Sandra Day OConnor said, "It (the Supreme Court) took the case and decided it at a time when it was still a big election issue. Maybe the court should have said,'We're not going to take it, goodbye.'" Hindsight is always 20/20. Guess she realized what a mistake Bush was as President.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1164969 Jul 11, 2014
TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah let me simplify this…..If Clinton would have done his Jobs and taken out Bin Laden 9/11/Iraq would have never happen…Right?
Wrong son.

Even bushie boy wasn't that dumb. He was very careful not to connect them.

You've proven you're a much bigger idiot than bushie was.
Torn Sak

United States

#1164970 Jul 11, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Highest price under Clinton - a tad over $2.00
Highest Price under Bush Jr $4.48
Highest price under Obama $3.96
So Bush 's highest was 210% more than Clinton's
And Obama's is 12% less than Bush.
When gas was $4 a couple of years ago you lying leftist dumbfks swore up and down presidents had nothing to do with prices.

Thanks to a democrap governor and a democrap dominated legislature, CT has worst rural roads yet some of the highest gas prices in U.S..

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1164971 Jul 11, 2014
Olive Oil wrote:
<quoted text>
Yours is not the voice of the innocent. It is the voice of rationalizing and justification of muslim-terrorist-murder. The silent voice of condonement against the slaughter of Christians by you and yours - Diabolical Muslims. Your agenda is transparent, taqiyya rose.
This statement contradicts your entire post:
"Muslim leaders continually speak out anti-Semitic attacks but you and yours are silent"
Can your lies become any more blatantly insane .. Or are you Blind. Dementia setting in?
And Christian Leaders publically denounce these anti-Semitic attacks.
Thought you stated: "you and yours are silent on the issue of Muslim's anti-Semitic attacks"
"Those who scream out to be heard above ignoramuses who claim that radical Islam and peaceful Muslims are one and the same".
After all, that's the great ruse: That there is such a thing as peaceful Muslims.
No, there are only those Muslims who stay silent on the atrocities of jihad, sanctioned mandated Muslim murder in their Quran - And believe and support it while not actively involved/participating in carrying out jihad.
And I'll keep outing it to be heard above ignoramuses like you and yours who distort the truth.
You suffer from acute blindness. Good luck with that journey.
Torn Sak

United States

#1164972 Jul 11, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember t he story about the Hispanic and black kids who got free lunch and had the gall to wear "designer clothes and sneakers"??
The right thinks that poor people should be groveling on hands and knees begging for a little morsel of food and then be forever grateful for it. They think the poor should jump through hoops to prove their worthiness. It's all a load
Are there more or less people at or below the poverty level since Barry O became your president?

Never mind, we all know the answer.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1164973 Jul 11, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
They have immigrated to Costa Rica and Panama as well as the United States. This isn't just our problem. Obama is right...we need to address the problems in Central America causing the exodus and dispel the rumors that have contributed to the crisis. Haitians are not fleeing a violence torn country where they fear for their lives. Immigration processes are being adhered to. Problem is, without amending Bush's law or securing funds for more immigration judges, it could take years to return these people to their homelands. Congress needs to act and we know that hasn't gone so well in the past five years.
This is the worst Congress in our history and John Boehner is totally incompetent. We have a "wet foot, dry foot" policy here in Florida; which makes for a cat and mouse game between the boat people and the coast guard; if they manage to make to land, they can stay; however, the Cubans have preferential treatment and the Haitians get sent back. This happens all the time here, unfortunately for them they always seem to attempt to land in all white Palm Beach, or Highland Beach, etc. and they are always apprehended. Cubans are fleeing communism, Haitians are fleeing for economic reasons; one can have compassion for them, risking their lives in rickety rafts and boats to get here in shark infested waters; it is certainly desperation, however, is it fair to the people who apply in the normal way for immigration status? No. I am a liberal, but I do not think we should encourage thousands of people to just show up and be accepted; it will never end then.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1164974 Jul 11, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt says that when the economy needs a boost, raising interest raters is the way to go.
Galt is dumber than sh*t
the marketplace should determine interest rates, not the government....

and zero interest rates are never a good idea.......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Maverick 808 237,732
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr Mothra 63,392
Nancy Pelosi (our demented gal). 6 hr Willie Wackoff 6
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 6 hr TRD 71,396
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 6 hr GEORGIA 2,486
Review: 24hrTrash 7 hr Steve smith 1
Meryl Streep is a worthless know nothing bitch. 8 hr Redred61 18

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages