Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1783527 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Waxman

New York, NY

#1165081 Jul 11, 2014
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
What? Is that what you Democrats are now saying to praise your Messiah Obama in your church of liberal?
I'm an atheist, Ghost or DumbDave you moron.
Don't ask me, you said it.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1165082 Jul 11, 2014
Olive Oil wrote:
<quoted text>
I realize you get confused easily, and at times with comprehension of words, what you read.
No where in my post did I mention or imply "Christians deny the Old Testament as being a document from God" Or an "in effect, a false God".
There is no "in effect". Only in the play of your own mind.
See son. That's where you get either scared, nervous or have a complete comprehension problem.

I never said you mentioned or implied "Christians deny the Old Testament as being a document from God" Or an "in effect, a false God".

I simply asked a question based on your claim from the previous post for clarity.

So I ask again son since it should now be clear to you this is question to you and not a statement attributed to you...

Do Christians deny the Old Testament as being a document from God? In effect, a false god?

(Psst! Noticed I changed your 'God' to 'god'. Feel free to clarify in this manner if that's the only way you can communicate without a clear statement of admission...)
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1165083 Jul 11, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
It never occured to Carol, but they likely found those designer clothes at a thrift store, just as she does with some of her gems. She's so proud when she does it!!
Does she really think poor mothers don't find creative ways to help their kids dress better??
Often free clothing is available, in affluent areas this means some real nice clothing.
Carol thinks only white women have her 'common sense'.
She buys her clothing and furniture at thrift stores
Olive Oil

Buffalo, NY

#1165084 Jul 11, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>So.... do Christians deny the Old Testament for being a false god?
How can a book be deemed a personage?

Christians accept The Old Testament God ( The Father ).
It is the same God ( The Father ) in The New Testament.

If you're this interested in Judaism and Christianity may I suggest you seek out A Messianic Temple. You will learn both faiths.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1165085 Jul 11, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Congress has to stand with the President and give him the funding for the National Guard; t his is an American problem and the Republicans have to stop playing politics; it's enough already.
“This should not be hard,” he added.“Are we more interested in politics or solving the problem? If we're interested in solving the problem, then there's actually some broad consensus.”
""Obama also said he was open to considering compromise solutions, including calls from Perry and Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) to deploy national guardsman to the border — if Congress moves on his request for emergency funding." No money. No guardsmen. Simple as that.
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/21
"silly"
Here is a suggestion that nobama will never agree to;
Once the border is secure consideration will be given for his 3.7 billion dollar give away.
Be honest, the president does not want to limit illegal's entry in to the US, he wants to increase the influx. After all he is caring person.
Peace
KMA
GPUAR

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1165086 Jul 11, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
wanna share your Santa Barbara home with some Guatemalan gang members???...
no, you just want the taxpayers to pay for the gang members....
while you feed off the taxpayers yourself....
let's cut government pensions to house the refugees....
Too bad Bush made it impossible to just detain them and send them home. Tsk, tsk
Patrick

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#1165087 Jul 11, 2014
Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
And she was a teacher! Her latest is a person with a "fancy car" got foodstamps while another more deserving person was denied.
This is dog whistling
Remember Grampy said his wife noticed the cars in the parking lot at the doctors office? These people are obsessed
Akin is back :-)
Mitt may run again
Palin is fighting with Republicans
LOL

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1165088 Jul 11, 2014
Olive Oil wrote:
<quoted text>
I realize you get confused easily, and at times with comprehension of words, what you read.
No where in my post did I mention or imply "Christians deny the Old Testament as being a document from God" Or an "in effect, a false God".
There is no "in effect". Only in the play of your own mind.
Yet Christians have accused and tormented Jews for over two centuries for killing their Lord.

Don't deny it, you grew up with that belief.

The Old Testament is is the foundation of Christianity, though Jews do not accept Jesus as Son of God. That's always been the tenison, and why Jews have historically been mistreated in Christian nations.

Jews kind of laugh at the whole Jesus thing, though you refuse to accept it.
Patrick

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#1165089 Jul 11, 2014
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"silly"
Once the border is secure consideration will be given for his 3.7 billion dollar give away.
Be honest, the president does not want to limit illegal's entry in to the US, he wants to increase the influx. After all he is caring person.
Peace
KMA
GPUAR
Nothing seems to be working for the Republicans
Sad in a way :-)

Spokane, WA

#1165090 Jul 11, 2014
<quoted text>
You're sick in the head if you think rape is funny; or that women like to be raped; or that rape is sex. Sick, sick, sick in the head.
"silly"
Darn I gotta agree with you again.
If one commits a rape he/she should spend at least 10 years behind bars. If he/she commits a second rape he should be castrated.
Peace

Location hidden

#1165091 Jul 11, 2014
Olive Oil wrote:
<quoted text>
If you're this interested in Judaism and Christianity may I suggest you seek out A Messianic Temple. You will learn both faiths.
the problem lies with the fact that Jews don't accept Jesus as The Son of God. They don't accept himm as anything.

The muslims consider Jesus a prophet, not Son of God.

So the muslims and Jews basically agree that Jesus is a myth.

Leaves Christians out on a limb.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1165092 Jul 11, 2014
Olive Oil wrote:
<quoted text>
That's how I understood it

Which is curious when other radical reich wingers here claim not to follow or believe in the OT. In essence, they deny it yet claim to be Christian.

At least you're honest enough to not only accept it, but explain it.
Waxman

New York, NY

#1165093 Jul 11, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Akin is back :-)
Mitt may run again
Palin is fighting with Republicans
LOL
Go Todd! Take it away Akin!!!!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1165094 Jul 11, 2014
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"silly"
If one commits a rape he/she should spend at least 10 years behind bars. If he/she commits a second rape he should be castrated.
Peace
Damn! And yet reich wingers believe if it's going to happen, women should just relax....

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#1165095 Jul 11, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
NJ, still living in the Middle Ages, where you're not allowed to pump your own gas.....
Jersey girls don't pump gas.:-)

You get serviced and it's still $3.42 a gallon.

$3.26 at Valero, cash price.

Location hidden

#1165096 Jul 11, 2014
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"silly"
Peace
KMA
GPUAR
What does a good Catholic like you recommend we do with all the kids showing up at the border??

Let them die?? They're going to come whatever we do.

they're refugees, and we need to see it as such.

Spokane, WA

#1165097 Jul 11, 2014
“This should not be hard,” he added.“Are we more interested in politics or solving the problem? If we're interested in solving the problem, then there's actually some broad consensus.”
""Obama also said he was open to considering compromise solutions, including calls from Perry and Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) to deploy national guardsman to the border — if Congress moves on his request for emergency funding." No money. No guardsmen. Simple as that.
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/21 ...
Why don't all of you whiners call your congressperson and tell them to approve the request for emergency funding?
"silly"
You are close, it should be, "No Guardsman on the border, no secure border, no money".
Peace
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1165098 Jul 11, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet Christians have accused and tormented Jews for over two centuries for killing their Lord.
Don't deny it, you grew up with that belief.
The Old Testament is is the foundation of Christianity, though Jews do not accept Jesus as Son of God. That's always been the tenison, and why Jews have historically been mistreated in Christian nations.
Jews kind of laugh at the whole Jesus thing, though you refuse to accept it.
It's a curious split.

Which makes Islam and the hate there even more perplexing.....

Location hidden

#1165099 Jul 11, 2014
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"silly"
Peace
Why wait until the second one??

If proven, do it right away. Plus the ten years.

Spokane, WA

#1165100 Jul 11, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
tell that to your Obama buddy Ghost.....
you hypocritical NYC Bocajew.....
(pardon the redundancy).....
"John Galt
Prepare yourself. "poops" two week session in rehab is scheduled to be over this weekend. He will be back in fine fettle regaling us with tales of his sexual conquests in the Bahamas. About how his 77 year old body satisfied all the models and show girls he came in contact with.
Bet on it.
peace

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Slowik: Blue Island mayor faces intense critici... 16 min Moving Forward 107
Trump is A (Oct '17) 4 hr MPMMB 888
last post wins! (Apr '13) 7 hr The real Rudy 2,874
Change one letter in the word (Apr '12) 7 hr The real Rudy 141
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 9 hr Justice Dale 243,599
Lonnie Montgomery 9 hr Smith 1
News Berwyn man charged with impersonating Secretary... 10 hr rico 2

Chicago Jobs

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages