Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1234683 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1163351 Jul 8, 2014
Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Yours are the emptiest words of compassion on this thread.
Actually, no. Nancy Pelosi's words of compassion are the emptiest.

Pelosi didnít say anything about the parents of these children respecting the United Stateís immigration laws. But she did say, "I wish I could take them all home with me."

However, the multimillionaire didn't offer one penny of her own money to help the taxpayers after she supported leaving them on their doorsteps.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1163352 Jul 8, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand the situation perfectly. Obama said he would make Texas a blue state, and I said the day after the election in 2008, our country had been hijacked.
Obama doesn't care about these children any more than he cares about anything in this country. He doesn't even like America that much. He cares about his party having power and control by any means necessary and at any cost.
But what are we supposed to do with these people, mostly children, in the meantime?
send them home, immediately......
Also Sprach

East Hartford, CT

#1163353 Jul 8, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand the situation perfectly. Obama said he would make Texas a blue state, and I said the day after the election in 2008, our country had been hijacked.
Obama doesn't care about these children any more than he cares about anything in this country. He doesn't even like America that much. He cares about his party having power and control by any means necessary and at any cost.
But what are we supposed to do with these people, mostly children, in the meantime?
Where did you ever get the idea the undocumented democrats would be starved?

Orlando, FL

#1163354 Jul 8, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
listen up, fool.....
they will never be deported.....
they are stealing the future of your children .....
and you are helping them....
Well then, what the hell is your solution?

Seriously.

We're all angry. You don't get to have a monopoly on being more angry than anyone else because you don't have a solution in the meantime.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1163355 Jul 8, 2014
Also Sprach wrote:
<quoted text>
Watch as many on the Christian-hating left now become friends of Jesus (Christ, not Lopez).
who put the born-again evangelicals in the megachurches in charge of defining Christianity???....

the churches with preachers who were clerks at Walmart with no education before they ordained themselves....and started conning the losers for buckets of money.....

Orlando, FL

#1163356 Jul 8, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
send them home, immediately......
That would definitely solve the problem. But you and I both know that's not going to happen anytime soon.

So now what?

Orlando, FL

#1163357 Jul 8, 2014
Also Sprach wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did you ever get the idea the undocumented democrats would be starved?
Who would feed them in Murietta if not for the churches? Has the government provided them any money?

What's your solution in the meantime? Besides deporting them immediately - which is a solution but it ain't gonna happen tonight and maybe never.

The best solution is to vote out every single Democrat in November and let a Republican-controlled Congress figure out how to clean up Obama's mess.

Unless you have a better idea.

“Stop Child Soliders”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1163358 Jul 8, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, no. Nancy Pelosi's words of compassion are the emptiest.
Pelosi didnít say anything about the parents of these children respecting the United Stateís immigration laws. But she did say, "I wish I could take them all home with me."
However, the multimillionaire didn't offer one penny of her own money to help the taxpayers after she supported leaving them on their doorsteps.
Disrespecting US laws is far less concerning then these parents sending their children on a 800 mile trek across a desert accompanied by ruthless/drug ring associated coyotes. An American parent would loose custody of their children for negligence or reckless endangerment.

Orlando, FL

#1163359 Jul 8, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
consorting with the enemy is a hanging offense......
Get a hold of yourself, Galt. You're losing it.

They aren't going anywhere anytime soon. No matter how much you or I or anyone else wants them to be on a plane tonight.

Meanwhile, they're people who need to eat. Like it or not.

No one is happy about this situation except the Nancy Pelosi's and Barack Obama's on the far left. No one. Got it?

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1163360 Jul 8, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
If one has a Congress that chooses to ignore the President on all issues, we no longer have three branches of government. The House can't just stop working because they represent the opposing party. Never in history have we had a Congress comprised of such childish losers.
The Separation of Powers envisioned by the Founders is working. Each time Magic Negro attempted to usurp the powers of the other two, he's been checked.

Liberals like to call this "interference" or being "uncooperative" but we understand it as being a jerk reigned in by his collar.

Orlando, FL

#1163361 Jul 8, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
you fools can't see that Obama knows exactly what he is doing and is playing on your weakness and sloppy sentimentality to destroy America.....
Of course I see it. Only a fool wouldn't see it. So stop being so high and mighty. It's getting irritating.

“Stop Child Soliders”

Location hidden

#1163362 Jul 8, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
That would definitely solve the problem. But you and I both know that's not going to happen anytime soon.
So now what?
Drug Cartels are deep into this enterprise plus we have wanton parents placing their children in danger.

Both of these need to be stopped as quick as possible by expediting deportation.

Orlando, FL

#1163363 Jul 8, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Disrespecting US laws is far less concerning then these parents sending their children on a 800 mile trek across a desert accompanied by ruthless/drug ring associated coyotes. An American parent would loose custody of their children for negligence or reckless endangerment.
We don't even hear about the ones who didn't make it. A few horror stories have been reported. Whether true or not, I don't know. But it doesn't take a lot of imagination to believe them considering the thugs doing the trafficking and smuggling.

Desperation is one thing. But putting your own children in the hands of these characters defies logic.

“Stop Child Soliders”

Location hidden

#1163364 Jul 8, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't even hear about the ones who didn't make it. A few horror stories have been reported. Whether true or not, I don't know. But it doesn't take a lot of imagination to believe them considering the thugs doing the trafficking and smuggling.
Desperation is one thing. But putting your own children in the hands of these characters defies logic.
The US cannot act like helpless victims or be complicit in this in any form.

A strong message needs to be quickly sent--disrupt this whole enterprise by promptly returning the children.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1163365 Jul 8, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Who would feed them in Murietta if not for the churches? Has the government provided them any money?
What's your solution in the meantime? Besides deporting them immediately - which is a solution but it ain't gonna happen tonight and maybe never.
The best solution is to vote out every single Democrat in November and let a Republican-controlled Congress figure out how to clean up Obama's mess.
Unless you have a better idea.
Obama will never let the church ladies and their food anywhere near his new voters......

they are just ignorant political pawns....

Lapeer, MI

#1163366 Jul 8, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
In response to both you and Galt - about the Mercy ministries at Centerpoint Church in Murrieta feeding and providing for the immigrants - guess I'd be guilty too of being a useful idiot or, in Galt's words, a liberal something or other.
These are fellow human beings caught in a political chess game who understood Obama invited them to our shores. And he pretty much did, didn't he?
In the meantime, and until a solution is found, helping human beings is what churches do.
I do agree that something has to be done to stop the bleeding of immigrant children flooding our borders when they have nowhere to go once they get here.
But I can't criticize people for showing them mercy and compassion. Sorry.
Simple compassion in the moment is understandable and I can agree to it within limitations. But a long term effort to give freebies to illegals who cross into this country knowing full well the crime they are committing or their instilling the notion into children to commit the crime is unspeakably stupid, unjust, manipulative and criminal.

Drug dealers enlist children to sell on the streets because they won't do the length of time in jail that an adult would do. Children are used commercially to sell products from cereal and vitamins to Birth Control and pharmaceuticals. The use of children to trick good people into emptying their pockets or to thwart laws by creating anchor babies or sending them ahead alone to join with them later before a sucker Social Worker or Judge from ICE is street wise cheap thievery.

Don't you recall Oliver Twist? Street urchins were used to steal from good people. It hasn't changed. We now have a criminal trainer Fagin in the White House. Warms the cockles, don't it?

But, even before engaging the bleeding heart humanity issue, the pragmatic should be a top priority. If every child in China were to be sent across our southern border next year with this Magic Negro in charge, his Marxist Father's dream would come true: America would be destroyed, crushed from the weight of needy flesh and bones. You can't save the world but only pieces of it and the nearest, dearest pieces are those here legally as American citizens.

Smile and the world smiles with you. Act like a Sucker and the world will smile even more.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1163367 Jul 8, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Get a hold of yourself, Galt. You're losing it.
They aren't going anywhere anytime soon. No matter how much you or I or anyone else wants them to be on a plane tonight.
Meanwhile, they're people who need to eat. Like it or not.
No one is happy about this situation except the Nancy Pelosi's and Barack Obama's on the far left. No one. Got it?
look around....only the lefties agree with you.......

Orlando, FL

#1163369 Jul 8, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Drug Cartels are deep into this enterprise plus we have wanton parents placing their children in danger.
Both of these need to be stopped as quick as possible by expediting deportation.
It's very easy for you and Galt and me and everyone else to say that. But this president doesn't seem to have any intention of doing this.

So now we have to deal with the crisis at hand until common sense is restored - and that might not be until the next election.

We shouldn't hold our breath that Obama is going to know what to do about anything for the next two and a half years. Especially if this crisis was, in fact, planned and intentional.

Meanwhile, we have people in very dire circumstances. So what are we supposed to do with them when Obama continues to do nothing and just keeps screwing everything up?

It's not like the majority of Americans aren't just as angry as we are on here.

Lapeer, MI

#1163370 Jul 8, 2014
THE DEBIL wrote:
A man can't be expected to navigate in the dark, you know?... wait...
Then open your pants zipper so you can see where your going, dckfacet.

“GOD ALMIGHTY”

Since: Aug 12

Romford, UK

#1163371 Jul 8, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
5 million dollars for the first 5 days on American soil

if your black just doesn't defy logic pal

its as why the hell they come here in the first place!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former U.S. House Speaker Hastert indicted on f... 5 min Pat Robertson s F... 10
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 8 min ritedownthemiddle 53,513
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 13 min PEllen 99,579
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 32 min positronium 190,349
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr RACE 6,013
News Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 6 hr Graham Cracker 51,760
have steroidsss in USA 7 hr Nail Alexander 2
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]