Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1564445 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#1164662 Jul 11, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>What's your need to lie fkface?
You should just stay on your other threads__we've got your kind of stupidity to spare here.
Actually it's 52,000 of 300,000 since April are children under 18. So that would be 1/6 not 1/4.
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1164663 Jul 11, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
The US cannot act like helpless victims or be complicit in this in any form.
A strong message needs to be quickly sent--disrupt this whole enterprise by promptly returning the children.
Sure, send the back to the mercies of the gangs and death squads you miserable piece of sh*t.
Only a total azzhole would consider that to be a solution.

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1164665 Jul 11, 2014
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
Translation:
I am repeating the propaganda talking points my radical leftwing anti-American friends use. Even though 29 Democrat Senate members voted for the use of force, I will be a moron and blame Bush.
Of course they did. Bush told them if they did not, there would be this mushroom cloud stemming from Sadam's )non existent) nuclear weapons program.

I ,ove how you support the use of lies to get over 4000 soldiers killed. Right whiners hate soldiers & thiink it is ok to throw away their lives for a failed oil strategy.
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1164666 Jul 11, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
This is definitely a crisis situation. One that Obama and his administration knew was coming for months but he is just now calling it an "emergency".
Maybe he read about it in the papers the other day.
What's your evidence for this liar?

“fairtax.org”

Gauley Bridge WV

#1164667 Jul 11, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
“I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.”
Isn't it amazing how these so called liberated women on here, except for Lily, just love to pal around with the pedophile writing and overall defiler of women and girls. Libtard women are scum!!!!
Buroc Millhouse Obama

New Britain, CT

#1164668 Jul 11, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course they did. Bush told them if they did not, there would be this mushroom cloud stemming from Sadam's )non existent) nuclear weapons program.
I ,ove how you support the use of lies to get over 4000 soldiers killed. Right whiners hate soldiers & thiink it is ok to throw away their lives for a failed oil strategy.
If you weren't such an ignorant lying weasel, you would admit the Democrats were crying wolf about Saddam long before Bush came into the picture. They left preys on ignorant people like you.

“Stop child soldiers ”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1164669 Jul 11, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Only a true winer would support the strategy of blocking all action by the President for the sole purpose of trying to win the next election
Evidently you are all for this Party over Country plan.
Republicans knew that the better we recovered from the Bush recession, the less the Republican chances. Instead of helping, they chose to block recovery at every step.
Helping this country should be the "popular crowd",. Unfortunately to you anti-Ameria whiners, its all about party.
You are whining to a deaf public. Obama got all of his stimulus bills passed the first two years. The public stepped back and looked. The results were dismal and they have been reluctant to pay so much for so little again.

Mature Presidents have worked with Congress belonging to the other party through several administrations. Obama calls working with the other side the childish-my way or no way. This is why he is meet with resistance. He wants to make demands with no compromises coming from him.

Right now there are several things Obama could propose that would be greeted with open arms by the public and congress. He doesn't want them or is stubbornly refusing to go there.

It is rather lame for you to insist that Obama should be given his every demand.

“Stop child soldiers ”

Location hidden

#1164670 Jul 11, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, send the back to the mercies of the gangs and death squads you miserable piece of sh*t.
Only a total azzhole would consider that to be a solution.
Your fabrications are greeted with contempt.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1164671 Jul 11, 2014
The So-Called Immigration Border Crisis Is Neither

The GOP’s arguments about what caused this situation and what will fix it don’t hold up to the facts. Just pass the damn bill.

Central American kids are NOT fleeing their countries because of U.S. immigration policy.

Republicans are largely accusing that when President Obama granted immigration reprieve to so-called Dreamers—young undocumented immigrants already in the United States and brought here when they were children—his actions encouraged other people to immigrate, especially these kids from Central America. This highly partisan accusation falls flat with the facts.

The number of kids escaping Central America began to increase in 2009. There was a lull and then another uptick beginning in 2011. Both periods clearly predate President Obama’s enactment of DACA (Deferred Action for Child Arrivals) in 2012. Under any conception of linear time, there’s simply no possible argument for causality.

Added to this is the fact that Central American kids are trying to come to the United States but they’re also trying to go elsewhere. Mexico, Panama, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, and Belize are all seeing an increase in Central Americans seeking asylum as well.

Also, if American immigration policy were actually the draw, we would see an increase in kids migrating from all countries, not just Central America. But the number of Mexican children trying to cross the border into the United States has decreased in recent years. It seems reasonable to conclude that U.S. immigration policy is simply not driving this current crisis.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/07...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1164672 Jul 11, 2014
Republicans who attack Obama for not “enforcing laws” now don’t want to enforce Central American refugee laws we have on the books.

Conservatives have accused President Obama of “naked lawlessness” in exercising his constitutional discretion in enforcing our nation’s immigration laws. House Republicans have even threatened to sue President Obama—who has deported more undocumented immigrants than his predecessor—for among other things his alleged failure to “faithfully execute the laws of our country.” But it’s Republicans who don’t want to obey the law.

In 2008, President George W. Bush signed into law the William Wilberforce Trafficking Victims Protection Reauthorization Act, which said that unaccompanied minors from countries non-contiguous with the United States (i.e., countries other than Mexico and Canada) are afforded greater legal protections. When a kid shows up at the border from Mexico or Canada, for instance, a Border Patrol agent has the legal authority to decide whether that child may be eligible to stay in the country. If not, the child is immediately handed over to officials from her or his home country. But the Wilberforce law—which was passed unanimously by both houses of Congress—liberalized that requirement to say that after being detained at the border, children from non-contiguous countries be turned over to the United States Department of Health and Human Services to receive care and safe housing and then receive legal counsel, and child advocates who can help determine whether they qualify for asylum.

Republicans backed that law, and now they are the ones who don’t want to enforce it but change it. GOP Rep. Raul Labrador of Idaho said the administration should “immediately deport” these children and families, which would be an open violation of the 2008 law. Democrats are balking at this idea. Hopefully President Obama will join them.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/07...

“Stop child soldiers ”

Location hidden

#1164673 Jul 11, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
You haven't figured Galt out yet? He's a self centered sociopath. The only person Galt cares about is Galt. You're pretty much the same but at least Galt is honest about it.
Yes I'm sure that you'd like to send these children back to the mercy of the gangs and deaths squads. It proves once again that your "pro life" stance is a total fraud.
What makes you think either Pelosi or the President are happy about the situation you clueless twit?
You're an idiot and a hypocrite Carol; got it?
Yes, Carol wants to listen to an ass like you that comes on here daily and calls her every name in the book. You need to get a grip on your emotions.

No one is buying your exaggerations. Yes, there is drug violence in central America as well as Mexico and most of South America, oppression in North Korea, real death squads searching out and killing Christians in Mid-East, etc.

Save the drama.

Since: May 14

Location hidden

#1164674 Jul 11, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
You are whining to a deaf public. Obama got all of his stimulus bills passed the first two years. The public stepped back and looked. The results were dismal and they have been reluctant to pay so much for so little again.
Mature Presidents have worked with Congress belonging to the other party through several administrations. Obama calls working with the other side the childish-my way or no way. This is why he is meet with resistance. He wants to make demands with no compromises coming from him.
Right now there are several things Obama could propose that would be greeted with open arms by the public and congress. He doesn't want them or is stubbornly refusing to go there.
It is rather lame for you to insist that Obama should be given his every demand.
You apparently don't understand the meaning of mature and childish. Otherwise you'd recognize the childish behavior of a Congress claiming that the mature POTUS is a Muslim born in Kenya. When they created this lie, and others, they made it impossible to work with Obama because they had lathered up their base into a frenzy and any cooperation with Obama would get them primaried.
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1164675 Jul 11, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Please. Just stop. "You church people"? Really?
Reagan and Bush, Sr. and GW were frank about their belief in God and the preservation of all life. They didn't wear it on their sleeves but everyone knew where they stood.
And for the umpteenth time, I voted for Romney twice. It's not my fault some other "church people" felt differently.
But Romney could have won had he been more assertive in the last two debates and quicker to respond to the negative campaign ads.
Don't blame everything on imaginary "church people". A lot of "church people" supported and voted for Romney just like I did.
But it's late and Lily will be unhappy I stayed up so long. So goodnight.
Sure nitwit, GW was so into preserving all life that he signed off on more executions than any other Texas governor. ALL means ALL stupid!
Romney was a bald faced liar and his campaign raised mendacity to an art form.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1164676 Jul 11, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
dismal? right wing myth?

....under questioning from skeptical Republicans, the director of the nonpartisan (and widely respected) Congressional Budget Office was emphatic about the value of the 2009 stimulus. And, he said, the vast majority of economists agree.

In a survey conducted by the University of Chicago Booth School of Business, 80 percent of economic experts agreed that, because of the stimulus, the U.S. unemployment rate was lower at the end of 2010 than it would have been otherwise.

“Only 4 percent disagreed or strongly disagreed,” CBO Director Douglas Elmendorf told the House Budget Committee.“That,” he added,“is a distinct minority.”

Elmendorf’s testimony came in response to questions from Rep. Tim Huelskamp (R-Kan.), a member of the tea party caucus. Huelskamp asserted that the stimulus was a failure because it did not keep the jobless rate below 8 percent, as the Obama administration predicted.

“Where did Washington mess up?” Huelskamp demanded.“Because you’re saying most economists think it should’ve worked. It didn’t.”

Most economists not only think it should have worked; they think it did work, Elmendorf replied. CBO’s own analysis found that the package added as many as 3.3 million jobs to the economy during the second quarter of 2010, and may have prevented the nation from lapsing back into recession.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/econom...

will you please try to get something right today. watching you constantly fail is not as humorous as one would imagine seeing as how it speaks to the state of the right wing mentality, or lack there of. it's just sad.

“Stop child soldiers ”

Location hidden

#1164677 Jul 11, 2014
No one has brought this up so....

In the midst of Obama once again looking incompetent, brilliant Valarie Jarret decided what he needed was a nickname that would make him appear strong.

She decided to call him "bear" and has been using this as a hashtag on her tweets to the great amusement of many.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1164678 Jul 11, 2014
Republicans call on Obama to break law, deport children

http://www.msnbc.com/all-in/watch/republicans...

“fairtax.org”

Gauley Bridge WV

#1164679 Jul 11, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Any one caught in a foreign country had better be prepared to respect their laws. Judging by your questions, it seems you believe U.S. law has no boundaries. Figures. You must be a republican.
Bwahahahahaha!!!!! Oh no, you just didn't say that did you? Let's post that again in case somebody missed it!!!!!!!

"Any one caught in a foreign country had better be prepared to respect their laws."

“Stop child soldiers ”

Location hidden

#1164680 Jul 11, 2014
Nostrilis Waxmoron wrote:
<quoted text>
You apparently don't understand the meaning of mature and childish. Otherwise you'd recognize the childish behavior of a Congress claiming that the mature POTUS is a Muslim born in Kenya. When they created this lie, and others, they made it impossible to work with Obama because they had lathered up their base into a frenzy and any cooperation with Obama would get them primaried.
I can understand made-up nonsense and this is one. Yes, some people challenged his birth certificate including Hillary Rodham Clinton. However, you lose common sense attempting to claim any resolutions were passed stating this.

You are scrapping the bottom of the barrel with excuse making.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

New Britain, CT

#1164681 Jul 11, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Republicans call on Obama to break law, deport children
http://www.msnbc.com/all-in/watch/republicans...
Mar 30, 2012 - After being criticized, MSNBC.com restored the proper context but never posted a retraction, correction notice, or an apology for doing so.

https://www.google.com/#q=msnbc+retractions

"MSNBC the Least Trusted TV News Source Among All Americans"

June 10th, 2014

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/msnbc-the-least-tr...

They are perfect for you though MORON!

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#1164682 Jul 11, 2014
Nostrilis Waxmoron wrote:
<quoted text>
Congress claimed the president was a Muslim born in Kenya?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 43 min Dr Guru 242,251
Review; Festa Italiana 3 hr Fest man 1
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 3 hr They cannot kill ... 11,015
Rahm Emmanuel fake mafia boss 6 hr Ricardo montobomb 1
Spanx-they're for me. 10 hr test 6
TRUTH will be revealed, someday, maybe. 11 hr Blame muslims 9
WHO'D have thunk it? 11 hr Art Vandalay 8

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages