Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1521951 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1164467 Jul 10, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
All it takes is a stroke of the pen and a phone call. He said so himself.
When are you going to snap out of it?
he said that is all it would take to ve our decades long illegal immigration problem? when did he say that?

hey....you are lying again, are you, scum?

oh jeepers, you got me again....
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

#1164468 Jul 10, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not in the Quran. You're lying.
It is in th bibl. Th tn kommanmnts.
Thou shalt not kill.
Lov thy nmis.
Jsus lovs you.
Paddy OFuckwhistle

Dallas, TX

#1164469 Jul 10, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>think of them as what you penis could look like if it worked...
Too bad you're not a Urologist with your encyclopedic knowledge of mens' penises you'd clean up... over and over and over... little mouthwash goes a long way for boys like you, Tickers... just sayin'...

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1164470 Jul 10, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently, there's a book called Enoch that was widely accepted until after the 4th century.
It speaks of heavenly visitors - who interacted with human beings.
But passages in Genesis and Exodus also elude to this. And the book of Ezekiel pretty much recounts Ezekiel's encounter of the fourth kind.
was this it?

Paddy OFuckwhistle

Dallas, TX

#1164471 Jul 10, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're saying we got our wish?
Yeah, and it cost the rest of us 5 trillion dollars and a million lives... nice goin'...

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Santa Barbara, CA

#1164472 Jul 10, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Well gee son. What you really mean is for Obama to do the reich wing bidding!
Get it 'right' will you?
I hope the comedy gets better than this. Otherwise the brews won't taste as good!
Yep, it's all about the same Taliban insurgency-like tactics put forth by Republican Congressman Pete Sessions in January, 2009.

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#1164473 Jul 10, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>You weren't part of his fragile audience?
Glenn Beck pretty much exposed every controversial connection to Obama and hit the nail as to where we'd be today right on the head years ago.
Paddy OFuckwhistle

Dallas, TX

#1164474 Jul 10, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>he said that is all it would take to ve our decades long illegal immigration problem? when did he say that?
hey....you are lying again, are you, scum?
oh jeepers, you got me again....
Hey, Tickers, does Tiny know about the warts?... What, did you tell her they were normal?...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1164475 Jul 10, 2014
The Florida Legislature illegally redrew boundaries defining congressional districts to benefit the Republican Party, a circuit court judge ruled Thursday.

The League of Women Voters, along with a coalition of voters, challenged the state's Republican-controlled Legislature after it redrew congressional district lines in 2012, suggesting boundaries were manipulated to benefit GOP candidates. Circuit Judge Terry Lewis, in a hard-hitting, 41-page ruling Thursday, accused political consultants of making "a mockery of the Legislature's transparent and open process of redistricting." The judge said the state's 5th Congressional District, held by Rep. Corrine Brown (D), and 10th Congressional District, held by Dan Webster (R), must be redrawn. Districts affected by the adjustments also will need to be redrawn.

The political consultants "were successful in their efforts to influence the redistricting process and the congressional plan under review here,'' Lewis wrote in the ruling. "And they might have successfully concealed their scheme and their actions from the public had it not been for the Plaintiffs determined efforts to uncover it in this case."

Lewis said legislative leaders may have been unaware of the scheme to benefit Republicans. The judge added that he found legislative staffers involved in remapping the districts "straightforward, frank and credible."

Court documents filed in December revealed that many of the Legislature's redistricting records, including emails and other documents, were destroyed.

"There is no legal duty on the part of the Legislature to preserve these records, but you have to wonder why they didn't,'' Lewis wrote of the erased files. "Litigation over their plans was 'a moral certainty' as their lawyers put it earlier in the case, and intent would be a key issue in any challenge."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/10/flor...

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#1164476 Jul 10, 2014
Dateline Denver, Co. HNR

A talking chimpanze was reported to have taken a stage set up in Denver's gayest park, Cheesman, the site of many illicit sexual tryst's between strangers in the many bushes, a small crowd gathered and some said the chimp was talking some sort of English, though no one knew for sure what it was trying to say. Local zoo director Nubbins B. Fairlygood had employees do a quick check of all their simian captives, but all were accounted for. Mayor Hancock has promised an investigation to find out where the chimp may have come from.

Meanwhile, in a related matter..........

Obama touts strong economy, stumps for Mark Udall at Denver events
By Kurtis Lee and Joey Bunch
The Denver Post

President Barack Obama touted economic improvements and chided a gridlocked Congress as he spoke to a crowd of hand-picked guests Wednesday in Denver's Cheesman Park."
"
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1164477 Jul 10, 2014
Republicans Embrace Bizarre Conspiracy That Obama Is Behind Immigrant Surge

http://www.politicususa.com/2014/07/10/right-...

“Peace on Earth”

Santa Barbara, CA

#1164478 Jul 10, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
June 11, 2014
The Committee on Homeland Security passed, by voice vote, H.R. 3846, H.R. 3488, H.R. 3202, H.R. 4802, H.R. 4803, H.R. 4812, H.R. 4263 and H.R. 4289 - bipartisan legislation to enhance emergency communications and improve the accountability and transparency of Customs and Border Protection (CBP), the United States Coast Guard, and the Transportation Security Administration.
The Committee passed eight bills to further improve the border security, transportation security and emergency communications efforts of the Department of Homeland Security.
http://homeland.house.gov/press-release/homel...
http://homeland.house.gov/sites/homeland.hous...
The Senate has to vote on all of these bills. Not sure if Reid even brought them up. But you can't say the House and Republicans with bipartisan support aren't passing bills left and right.
Sweetie, those bills have to be passed in the House before the Senate can vote on them. Only two of those bills have passed the House ( H.R. 4263 and H.R. 4289) and that was just two days ago. The Senate didn't receive the bills until yesterday!!! You really are foolish.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1164479 Jul 10, 2014
Peak Dinesh

I was in our Washington office and I noticed Dinesh D'Souza on MSNBC. So I figured, I probably need to be punished for something I did wrong. So I'll turn up the volume to see what he has to say. After about 90 seconds I started thinking: are imbeciles reproducing quickly enough to sustain D'Souza's business model?

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/peak-dine...
Paddy OFuckwhistle

Dallas, TX

#1164481 Jul 10, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Glenn Beck pretty much exposed every controversial connection to Obama and hit the nail as to where we'd be today right on the head years ago.
Shit, carol, a hedgehog could've told you years ago where you'd be today...
Paddy OFuckwhistle

Dallas, TX

#1164482 Jul 10, 2014
Look, I'm really sorry to interrupt the night shift but I need to find something to do with my hands just now...

“Peace on Earth”

Santa Barbara, CA

#1164483 Jul 10, 2014
Col Mustard wrote:
You know, 16, it'd be a lot easier for me to formulate an accurate mental picture of you if you didn't have the damn spikes on your head...
You mean like Oliver Cromwell's head? Do you think the spikes provide a warning or an invitation?

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#1164484 Jul 10, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
PS: When I was abducted by the aliens I actually saw Nazis on the Moon!!!!!!!!!!
Apollo 14 astronaut Edgar D. Mitchell, the sixth man ever to walk on the moon, has a message for all citizens of Earth: We are not alone.

“We are being visited,” said the 79-year-old “spacefarer”.

“It is now time to put away this embargo of truth about the alien presence,” said the astronaut who made the longest moonwalk in history.“I call upon our government to open up … and become a part of this planetary community that is now trying to take our proper role as a spacefaring civilization.”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/apr/...

And then there's Buzz Aldrin and Gordon Cooper who both witnessed UFOs and feel very comfortable talking freely about it.

Don't get skeered though. There's more good aliens than bad who've been helping us along.

“Peace on Earth”

Santa Barbara, CA

#1164485 Jul 10, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
All it takes is a stroke of the pen and a phone call. He said so himself.
When are you going to snap out of it?
When are you people going to take responsibility for your actions instead of trying to blame Obama for your parties plot to derail the Obama presidency?

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1164486 Jul 10, 2014
Nostrilis Waxmoron wrote:
<quoted text>
Fact-checking site finds Fox News only tells the truth 18 percent of the time.
FOX wins "LIAR OF THE YEAR" award!
THROW FOX OFF THE AIRWAYS!
http://www.forwardprogressives.com/fact-check...
"moron"
There is very simple reason you claim Fox News lies and your citing left wing loon sites changes nothing, they do not lie the simply counter the lies put forth by your only new source msnbc,
In another sense it is apparent you do not believe in free speech, you want to still voices of those you disagree with.
Here is one more case where you are wrong. Liar of the year goes to the boy president nobama, hands down.
Peace
KMA
GPUAR

“Peace on Earth”

Santa Barbara, CA

#1164487 Jul 10, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no logical reason to state that the National Guard and the Mexican Army will have a shoot out on the southern border if the NG is sent.
According to Galt that would be a perfectly acceptable answer to the crisis. Look in the mirror deary. It is your groupies who are called for an armed confrontation at the border. Not me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Buster Steinbeizer 240,352
Michael Hahn, Kim Goldman Hahn, The OJ Simpson ... (Apr '06) 4 hr guest 397
Obumbler Back To Community Organizing 5 hr CIA and FBI 6
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 12 hr Rose of Tralee 105,130
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 12 hr Moon Rhythm 10,577
Newbie HELP needed!!! 13 hr AmandaPTownGirl 3
women 14 hr John 1

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages