Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1747033 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1164725 Jul 11, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, send the back to the mercies of the gangs and death squads you miserable piece of sh*t.
Only a total azzhole would consider that to be a solution.
Who is going to take care of these children? There are gangs here too; why doesn't the President of Guatemala and Honduras do something about the gangs in their countries? How do you know there are not gang members among this group? I think they should all be sent back.
They could have moved to Costa Rica, or Panama. I'm a humanitarian, but I do not think it makes sense for the US government to just allow all of these people to stay just because they just showed up. We have boats of Haitians arriving here in Florida everyday and they are intercepted and sent back. Once the word spreads that if loads of people can just show up here; it will never end. There are immigration processes that should be adhered to.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1164726 Jul 11, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Every time a feminist has sex, they say it is rape. I can't stop laughing at them either of course they are the ugliest women on the planet, it would have to be rape in order for them to have sex...on a dark dark night, in a dark dark alley.
You're a stupid ignoramous
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1164727 Jul 11, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>it turns out that what is being used in this case to not deport these children is not the 2002 law. It is a previous law that was signed by Bill Clinton. What is actually being used to allow these unaccompanied children to stay once they arrive is a Bill Clinton law that's titled The Victims of Trafficking and Violence Protection Act of 2000. Of course like I said earlier, Liberals don't want to remember the Clinton as a president.
Moran alert

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#1164728 Jul 11, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is going to take care of these children? There are gangs here too; why doesn't the President of Guatemala and Honduras do something about the gangs in their countries? How do you know there are not gang members among this group? I think they should all be sent back.
They could have moved to Costa Rica, or Panama. I'm a humanitarian, but I do not think it makes sense for the US government to just allow all of these people to stay just because they just showed up. We have boats of Haitians arriving here in Florida everyday and they are intercepted and sent back. Once the word spreads that if loads of people can just show up here; it will never end. There are immigration processes that should be adhered to.
Thank you Lily for that breath of fresh air. If more people felt that way we could get something done.

“fairtax.org”

Gauley Bridge WV

#1164729 Jul 11, 2014
Obama Laughs His Way Through Meeting with Gov. Perry

Reuters published these two photos from President Obama’s meeting with Texas Gov. Rick Perry Wednesday. The president and the governor met in Dallas to discuss the humanitarian crisis on the Texas-Mexico border. The federal government estimates that 57,000 unaccompanied children have been taken in after illegally crossing into the United States.

http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2014/07/10/photos-o...

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1164730 Jul 11, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Every time a feminist has sex, they say it is rape. I can't stop laughing at them either of course they are the ugliest women on the planet, it would have to be rape in order for them to have sex...on a dark dark night, in a dark dark alley.
Oh my stars, where you on Twitter when those kooks were going off.

"I had some man say "Hi" to me in the Library and then I saw him looking at me-Rape."

"Men who hold doors open for you are really raping you in their minds."

"All men are rapist."
green 531

Scranton, PA

#1164731 Jul 11, 2014
Hi! I said I would not comment anymore...well a writer gets itchy
fingers and I do not want to waste the $1250 that I spent for college
to learn the computer...I would like to comment on this new Iraqi war......I think the U.S.A. Government should let the Sunnis and Shiites
fight it out and I do not think U.S.A. troops should get involved. The
world is going to have a big problem with this new caliph...If he is from
Heaven, he will be unstopable on the battlefield....And you will NOT be
able to kill him! About the children immigrants coming into The U.S.A.....I think our country can absorb them into our communities...We
have to have a heart....The U.S.A. should give foreign aid to the countries the children are coming from, so the children will have a
better life in their own countries and the will not have to immigrate to
The U.S.A....By the way, it is tough living in The U.S.A., when you do
not have a job or a marketable skill or you are in ill health! But, in The
U.S.A., we still have our FREEDOM! Remember, The Soviet Union is
NO MORE and The U.S.A. DID NOT FIRE A SHOT! I have said
enough...I will now surf the `net...Love, green 531
Patrick

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#1164732 Jul 11, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Akin is a nobody that everybody is telling to shut-up.
Meanwhile we have the senior advisor for our current POTUS making up nick-names for him.
Look out folks "the bear is on the loose"
http://yhoo.it/1kLovsv
tea party destroying the republicans
are you doing your part?
Patrick

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#1164733 Jul 11, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
excellent post

“fairtax.org”

Gauley Bridge WV

#1164734 Jul 11, 2014
This is why you feel poorer (Chart)
By Nick Sorrentino on July 10, 2014
expenses c c

Because in real terms (adjusted for inflation) you literally are poorer, with pretty much each passing day.

Even those with significant assets are hurting. Keeping up with inflation was, most of the time, not terribly difficult. A cd at the local bank was often enough. But now, with interest rates at historic lows it is very difficult to find low risk yield. It’s either get into the market or get left behind.

Grandma shouldn’t be in the market, especially the way it is now.

What we see here is the Federal Reserve keeping the debt game going. This is good for the banks, but not so good for nearly everyone else.

(From Economicnoise.com )

For those still working, most are losing purchasing power each year. Wages are not keeping up with inflation, even the understated numbers reported by government. In short, the decline of a once-great economic power is well underway. The country is no longer growing enough to raise everyone’s standard of living.

Government has killed the golden goose and in an attempt to hide the obvious is debauching the dollars. Government tries to hide their own failure with phony statistics and a welfare state designed to placate the masses. Bread and circuses are deceptions not progress.
Truman Compote

Salt Lake City, UT

#1164735 Jul 11, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Isn't it amazing how these so called liberated women on here, except for Lily, just love to pal around with the pedophile writing and overall defiler of women and girls. Libtard women are scum!!!!
Here's the thang, man, nobody in here, including me, has ANY idea if you're an Asian elephant with three heads or just another disgruntled mailman who hasn't yet gone postal but will soon... whatEVER "meaning" you are attaching to my.. um... contributions is STRICTLY your own, sweetie...

Yeah, dude... it's inside of you... not me...
Patrick

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#1164736 Jul 11, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my stars, where you on Twitter when those kooks were going off.
"I had some man say "Hi" to me in the Library and then I saw him looking at me-Rape."
"Men who hold doors open for you are really raping you in their minds."
"All men are rapist."
Melt down?
try to stay on topic

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#1164737 Jul 11, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Flack thinks Americans don't need to obey the local laws of other countries they may visit.
He was referring to illegal aliens in our country.
Truman Compote

Salt Lake City, UT

#1164738 Jul 11, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> I sure wish you would learn to read!!!
I sure wish you'd learn to write...!!!

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Location hidden

#1164739 Jul 11, 2014
Society of Professional Journalists tells Obama it objects to "the politically driven suppression of news" under his watch.

"You recently expressed concern that frustration in the country is breeding cynicism about democratic government. You need look no further than your own administration for a major source of that frustration – politically driven suppression of news and information about federal agencies. We call on you to take a stand to stop the spin and let the sunshine in.

Over the past two decades, public agencies have increasingly prohibited staff from communicating with journalists unless they go through public affairs offices or through political appointees. This trend has been especially pronounced in the federal government. We consider these restrictions a form of censorship -- an attempt to control what the public is allowed to see and hear.

The stifling of free expression is happening despite your pledge on your first day in office to bring “a new era of openness” to federal government – and the subsequent executive orders and directives which were supposed to bring such openness about. "

Recent research has indicated the problem is getting worse throughout the nation, particularly at the federal level."

http://www.spj.org/news.asp...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1164740 Jul 11, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Thank you Lily for that breath of fresh air. If more people felt that way we could get something done.
Congress has to stand with the President and give him the funding for the National Guard; t his is an American problem and the Republicans have to stop playing politics; it's enough already.

“This should not be hard,” he added.“Are we more interested in politics or solving the problem? If we're interested in solving the problem, then there's actually some broad consensus.”

""Obama also said he was open to considering compromise solutions, including calls from Perry and Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) to deploy national guardsman to the border — if Congress moves on his request for emergency funding." No money. No guardsmen. Simple as that.
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/21

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Location hidden

#1164741 Jul 11, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Melt down?
try to stay on topic
I was responding to a comment about out of control feminist-nit wit.

They are out of control with thinking everything is rape. Sorry-not sorry-that this upsets you.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1164742 Jul 11, 2014
Truman Compote wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's the thang, man, nobody in here, including me, has ANY idea if you're an Asian elephant with three heads or just another disgruntled mailman who hasn't yet gone postal but will soon... whatEVER "meaning" you are attaching to my.. um... contributions is STRICTLY your own, sweetie...
Yeah, dude... it's inside of you... not me...
No, they are yours; and this is not the forum for you to share your sick rape fantasies about children.
Truman Compote

Salt Lake City, UT

#1164743 Jul 11, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Melt down?
try to stay on topic
Well, she's right though... every time a woman or young girl enters my field of vision the FIRST thing I think about is raping her... sort of like Justice Scalia I realize....(.. THAT explains why the poor woman never learned to cook....)

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Location hidden

#1164744 Jul 11, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
tea party destroying the republicans
are you doing your part?
I am discussing Valarie Jarret's nickname for Obama. Too funny.

You have the choice to ignore the convo.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ms 13 50 min DEAD SERIOUS 9
Trump is A 1 hr HILLARY LOST 642
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr FART HIDE 64,573
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr Junket 12,260
UFO Research Group 4 hr Ron L 1
Looking for attractive black guy 6 hr straight 1
we see on tv that teachers in arizona may walk ... 8 hr teachers need money 1

Chicago Jobs

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages