Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: Mar 11

Minnesota's North Coast

#1162511 Jul 7, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
I would be against such laws being pushed on a nation for the same reason. It empowers government and suppresses thought. We're speaking of a closed family business here who asked for an exemption. If the employees don't have a problem with it, then I don't either.
it was pushed on the nation, dear. a business can be exempt from a law as their religious cult beliefs trump us law.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1162512 Jul 7, 2014
KarlVIIIII wrote:
<quoted text>
The 5-4 ruling says the ACA cannot force a "closely held company" to cover certain types of contraceptives for its employees because the government could not show that the requirement was the "least burdensome" way to avoid interfering with religious convictions.
The Internal Revenue Service says a "closely held corporation" is generally one in which the majority of stock is owned by no more than five people and "is not a personal service corporation."
"What if these "closely held corporation's" don't believe in cancer treatments? What if they don't believe in vaccines?"
Which Republican said he doesn't feel that a person with cancer should be allowed to have insurance? Can't remember that morons name? There may have been a few of them.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1162513 Jul 7, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you've never actually touched a real woman, have you?
Unless he was paying big bucks

Minnesota's North Coast

#1162514 Jul 7, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
None like you, that's for sure.
none ever, obviously...

keep wanking your little wiener, lonely boy.
In The Right

East Hartford, CT

#1162515 Jul 7, 2014
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"karl000000"
The decision removes nothing. American's have a choice;
1 - Companies have the right to determine the benefits they will offer
2- Individuals have the right to not take a job if they do not like the benefit package
Folks and their doctors can come to any decision they desire, but they should not be able to make decisions for others.
¨Karl¨ has obviously swallowed the NY Times/Hillary version of the Hobby Lobby decision instead of the facts.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1162516 Jul 7, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
My religious cult? Not hardly. My concern is a big government legislating against one's conscience. It's more about the government imposing itself into one's thought, conscience, and belief for me.
No one is forcing the owners, but the owners believe it's murder. They believe, or someone else might, they're facilitating a murder. You wouldn't buy a gun for someone that might use it against someone, would you? Even though you didn't use it yourself.
The entire case has no basis in scientific fact. The IUD and the Morning After Pill are not abortificants

They are not; and they do not; have the right to circumvent the law of the land and abortion is legal in this country. The religious do not have to take birth control or have an abortion or take the morning after pill or use and iud; and, they do not have the right to make that choice for others.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1162517 Jul 7, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>none ever, obviously...
keep wanking your little wiener, lonely boy.
Get your head out of my pants, you dicksmoking fa**ot.
In The Right

East Hartford, CT

#1162518 Jul 7, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
I would be against such laws being pushed on a nation for the same reason. It empowers government and suppresses thought. We're speaking of a closed family business here who asked for an exemption. If the employees don't have a problem with it, then I don't either.
Leftists would like nothing more than a 1st Amendment tailored to shut up opposition to their agenda.

Remember a few short years ago this was actually discussed by left wing ¨academia.¨

“I am genuinely scared” of Fox, wrote Guardian columnist Daniel Davies, because it “shows you that a genuinely shameless and unethical media organisation *cannot* be controlled by any form of peer pressure or self-regulation, and nor can it be successfully cold-shouldered or ostracized. In order to have even a semblance of control, you need a tough legal framework.” Davies, a Brit, frequently argued the United States needed stricter libel laws.…

Jonathan Zasloff, a law professor at UCLA, suggested that the federal government simply yank Fox off the air.“I hate to open this can of worms,” he wrote,“but is there any reason why the FCC couldn’t simply pull their broadcasting permit once it expires?”

Now tell me these dirt bags aren't dangerous.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1162519 Jul 7, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
in 1948, the Palestinians had a choice between living in peace with the Jews and trying to kill them all....
they chose poorly and lost....
and lost again and again and again.....
and will lose yet again.....
hopeless losers.....
Bull. Unlike the Jews, the Palestinians were never given a voice in the drafting of the United Nations Partitian Plan. It was a zionist sham which accommodated the people who had no legal claims to that land by giving the Jews the majority of the land (56%) despite the FACT that they legally owned only 7% of it and remained a minority of the population . The Arab natives, who were in the majority, were given only 43% of the land much of which was unfit for argriculture. They were given only one-third of the coastline. That was not a "choice". That was a sham.

The Jews had a choice between living in peace with the Palestinians or trying to kill them all by accepting the Arabs' offer of equal citizenship for Jews in Arab Palestine which permited them to be as Jewish as they liked. Including "complete autonomy In areas where they predominate" but they chose poorly. Their invasion and illegal action created nothing by chaos and war which has resulted in the deaths of far too many innocents on both sides of the issue.
In The Right

East Hartford, CT

#1162520 Jul 7, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>

They are not; and they do not; have the right to circumvent the law of the land and abortion is legal in this country. The religious do not have to take birth control or have an abortion or take the morning after pill or use and iud; and, they do not have the right to make that choice for others.
The SCOTUS and the 1st Amendment ¨law of the land¨ says ¨they¨ can.

You liars need to stop whining. No one is denying or preventing women from obtaining anything.

Minnesota's North Coast

#1162521 Jul 7, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
find your draft card yet, lying scum?

does most lying scum try to scrape you off the bottom of their shoes?

Since: Jan 11

Bordentown, NJ

#1162522 Jul 7, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>it was pushed on the nation, dear. a business can be exempt from a law as their religious cult beliefs trump us law.
How can it be pushed on a nation when these things are heard on a case by case basis?

Most businesses are publically traded and can't make such a claim.

Minnesota's North Coast

#1162523 Jul 7, 2014
<quoted text>
Unless he was paying big bucks
yeah....i've seen some pretty desperate crack howres in my time but not that depserate.

and then when they found out he was a lying scum about his military service they would just beat him up and piss on his head...

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1162524 Jul 7, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
"illegal"???...who decided that???....
The international community has upheld that Israeli settlements in the occupied territory are illegal. Including the United States. Israel's actions have been condemned by 158 out of 166 nations in one vote, and 160 nations out of 171 nations in a different vote, in the United Nations. The United Nations does not recognixe israel's annexation of neighborhoods in East Jerusalem and communities in the Golan Heights. The International Court of Justice, in a 2004 advisory opinion, said these settlements are ILLEGAL.

The ongoing expansion of ILLEGAL settlements by Israel and the construction of ILLEGAL settlement outposts is the major obstacle to the peace process.

Since: Jan 11

Bordentown, NJ

#1162525 Jul 7, 2014
<quoted text>
The entire case has no basis in scientific fact. The IUD and the Morning After Pill are not abortificants
Others made that choice when they applied for the job.

I may agree with you on the scientific fact, but it's the principle for me. The government shouldn't intrude on one's thoughts or beliefs. One has to come around to a different thought on there own without government force.
In The Right

East Hartford, CT

#1162526 Jul 7, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Careful...Woodtick's words carry weight across continents.

Minnesota's North Coast

#1162527 Jul 7, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Others made that choice when they applied for the job.
I may agree with you on the scientific fact, but it's the principle for me. The government shouldn't intrude on one's thoughts or beliefs. One has to come around to a different thought on there own without government force.
not one single persons thoughts or beliefs were intruded upon.
In The Right

East Hartford, CT

#1162528 Jul 7, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
The international community has upheld that Israeli settlements in the occupied territory are illegal. Including the United States. Israel's actions have been condemned by 158 out of 166 nations in one vote, and 160 nations out of 171 nations in a different vote, in the United Nations. The United Nations does not recognixe israel's annexation of neighborhoods in East Jerusalem and communities in the Golan Heights. The International Court of Justice, in a 2004 advisory opinion, said these settlements are ILLEGAL.
The ongoing expansion of ILLEGAL settlements by Israel and the construction of ILLEGAL settlement outposts is the major obstacle to the peace process.
International community? Advisory opinion?

In other words, no real law exists.

Peace process? If you think there will ever be peace in the Middle East you're insane.

Minnesota's North Coast

#1162529 Jul 7, 2014
In The Right wrote:
<quoted text>
Careful...Woodtick's words carry weight across continents.
yes,thank you.

Minnesota's North Coast

#1162530 Jul 7, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
How can it be pushed on a nation when these things are heard on a case by case basis?
Most businesses are publically traded and can't make such a claim.
it is called setting a precendent. Stare decisis...

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2014/07/...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min Rogue Scholar 05 184,770
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 41 min GayleWood 51,325
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr IBdaMann 51,334
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr Red_Forman 5,698
Dear Abby 2-26-15 7 hr PEllen 1
Amy 2-26-15 7 hr PEllen 2
last post wins! (Apr '13) 11 hr Red_Forman 502
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News