Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1346430 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1163116 Jul 8, 2014
Nostrilis Waxmoron wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me try to dumb this down to your level.
Let's use Homer's analogy. Please tell us how the tobacco industry can make a safe cigarette?
You see, dumbass, if you're going to condemn the auto industry for making cars with defects that cause "death and misery" then you must condemn the tobacco industry as well. That, as Homer pointed out, exposes your hypocrisy.
You really should stop digging.
Just how many toilet seat hits can your head take in one day, Dood?

I pointed out the criminal neglect behind the production of deadly GM vehicles.

Along come two Liberal bumpkins who call me a hypocrite for not pointing out the tobacco industry's problems.

Huh?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HA....

Come back Little Sheeba! The Wood Shredder is ready:-)
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1163117 Jul 8, 2014
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Floriduh/No Surprize/Waxman. Lol!
Nope.

Wrong again 87.

Waxman does not need to practice your mental illness routing.

I am not Florida, but I did go there last week you moron and I was up front about it you dishonest sleazebucket. Now go swallow a load from you gay friend Dumb Dave, phag/racist pedophile Democrat.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1163120 Jul 8, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>What set it off was slave labor. Apparently the ID's were confiscated and they were all held in a single housing area when not working.
Never thought I'd see that here....
Hmmm. Weren't they recruited through a Los Angeles firm? The immigration law that allow companies to bring in foreign workers under the guise that their jobs cannot be filled with American workers needs to be eliminated. It's nothing more than a loophole used to recruit cheap labor.
Waxman

Great Neck, NY

#1163121 Jul 8, 2014
Waxman wrote:
Grey Ghost going postal again:
<quoted text>
Knew it was simply a matter of time before be exposed your racism, scumbag Ghost.
That 87 number really gets to you and I know it.
You are an uneducated fool, a zero.
Go play your racism game, racist.
Zzzzzz......
87!
Baawwaaahhh!!!!!

“GOD ALMIGHTY”

Since: Aug 12

Romford, UK

#1163122 Jul 8, 2014
i think Barack O. should persist with the poverty act

if he poops it at its infancy stage through congress it will i fear come back to bite him.

but of course in the real world of video tape and many lies, Barack O. must prove to the republicans that they do figure in his dream cycle.

certainly they will have time to prove that when the time comes around next time.

but in the US their is a national agenda emerging on poverty; he ignores this at his peril.

Ok Barack O. your third term is assured whatever, whenever.

but you will never accomplished as a US President what you promised as a politician.
Waxman

Great Neck, NY

#1163123 Jul 8, 2014
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope.
Wrong again 87.
Waxman does not need to practice your mental illness routing.
I am not Florida, but I did go there last week you moron and I was up front about it you dishonest sleazebucket. Now go swallow a load from you gay friend Dumb Dave, phag/racist pedophile Democrat.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1163124 Jul 8, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yesterday he posted a very descriptive post of having sex with another poster's under aged daughter that was removed.
The poster is a troll.
No call for that. Rape of children is not a funny matter. Ever.

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1163125 Jul 8, 2014
In The Right wrote:
<quoted text>
There have been several 'getting rid of your kind' posts by the progressives on this thread.
Your side's purported tolerance is laughable.
You and yours always turn a blind to the "filth" expressed by your radical wing.
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1163126 Jul 8, 2014
Chauncy MacDick wrote:
<quoted text>
Hear, hear!
Hear, hear?

Really Ghost? I just pointed out how old you are and you are lame enough to use something from the 1930's?

You are an idiot Ghost.

Lapeer, MI

#1163127 Jul 8, 2014
<quoted text>
What lies?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA......

Got another one-liner for us?
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1163128 Jul 8, 2014
ASLEEP AT WHEEL? Obama slammed for missing border surge crisis

AS OBAMA ADMINISTRATION scrambles for billions in emergency funding to address the surge on the US-Mexico border, it is facing yet another accusation that it was asleep as a crisis evolved.

Lapeer, MI

#1163129 Jul 8, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
As long as you're into JFK how about this quote Carol?
“If by a "Liberal" they mean someone who looks ahead and not behind, someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions, someone who cares about the welfare of the people-their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights and their civil liberties-someone who believes we can break through the stalemate and suspicions that grip us in our policies abroad, if that is what they mean by a "Liberal", then I'm proud to say I'm a "Liberal.”
Your little pile of doo-doo begins with "If", the biggest word in the English Dictionary.

You've become trite, Dupie:-)
Nostrilis Waxman

San Jose, CA

#1163131 Jul 8, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Hear, hear?
Really Ghost? I just pointed out how old you are and you are lame enough to use something from the 1930's?
You are an idiot Ghost.

“GOD ALMIGHTY”

Since: Aug 12

Romford, UK

#1163132 Jul 8, 2014
Barack O. what can i say mate.

get your black ass to congress.

perhaps you can merge the poverty act into your regular playlist, maybe then maybe you won't be such a dumb ass E.D.P. program.

maybe you could flag me upon your most wanted, no thanks i am already busy, but it was just a thought.

Lapeer, MI

#1163133 Jul 8, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
But Obama doesn't want to negotiate with Republicans and never has. He just wants to blame them for the gridlock he created.
Even prominent Democrats are now starting to criticize him for not making more of an effort to work with Congress.
Of course, good ole' Harry Reid will continue to block any and all legislation passed by the House as expected of him by his lord and master. He's such a good little pawn.
Then they can both blame those bad old Republicans.
And now if the Republicans don't "do it for the children", Magic Negro will call down Allah and the Liberal Media Skunks on them.

NY Times - Obama Seeks Nearly $4 Billion for Immigration Crisis: http://tinyurl.com/m8bwaxv

He's doubled that amount overnight. Like every other piece of data coming out from his grade school administration, we always get the 'correct' number later.

Lapeer, MI

#1163135 Jul 8, 2014
<quoted text>
So according to you Obama gets NONE of the credit for positive things that have happened while he's been POTUS but he gets ALL of the blame for anything negative that happened while he's been POTUS.
Classic right wing hypocritical logic.
Did you say "Positive"?????

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HA.....

That must be why he's so damned popular, eh?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHA.....

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1163136 Jul 8, 2014
Olive Oil wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah and Commie Leftists rely on Illegal immigrants to fill their insatiable need to expand their voter base.
Appears Democrats have no room to make the claim you just did which was so prevalent in Clinton's Nannygate Nominees: Though President Bush ran into similar situations with two of his nominees - Clinton Nannygate Nominees lead the list :
ZOE BAIRD - President Bill Clinton's first nominee for attorney general withdrew in 1993 after it was learned that the $500,000-a-year corporate lawyer employed an illegal immigrant Peruvian couple to provide nanny services for her son and chauffeur her around and didn't pay the required Social Security taxes for them. A federal law enacted in the fall of 1986 made it illegal to hire undocumented workers. Her case gave birth to the term "Nannygate."
KIMBA WOOD - Amazingly, just two weeks later, Wood, a federal judge in New York who was expected to be Clinton's second choice for attorney general, withdrew her name. She admitted her baby sitter of seven years had been in the country illegally when hired in March 1986 - before such hiring was against the law. Wood stressed she had broken no laws and had paid all required employment taxes.
CHARLES RUFF - After Baird and Wood, this Washington lawyer and former Justice Department official was removed from Clinton's "short list" of candidates for deputy attorney general after it was learned he failed to pay Social Security taxes for a woman who did domestic work for him one day a week over the previous eight years.
RON BROWN - Clinton's then-newly confirmed commerce secretary acknowledged in 1993 he had not paid Social Security taxes for a woman who cleaned his house three hours a week over four or five years. He said he hadn't thought he owed taxes because she worked so few hours, but he scurried to pay the back taxes and penalties and remained in office.
FEDERICO PENA - Like Brown, Pena had already been confirmed as to his post, transportation secretary in this case, when the Baird case prompted him to acknowledge he failed to pay Social Security taxes for a substitute baby sitter who looked after his two children while their regular caretaker vacationed in 1991. He promised to pay more than $100 in back taxes.
SHIRLEY S. CHATER - Chater, the president of Texas Woman's University was Clinton's nominee to head the Social Security Administration when the White House disclosed on Aug. 3, 1993, that she failed to pay Social Security taxes for a part-time baby sitter from 1969 to 1975. But she had paid the back taxes before her nomination, and she was confirmed.
BOBBY RAY INMAN - The retired Navy admiral withdrew in January 1994 as Clinton's nominee to be defense secretary. Among many reasons, he listed his failure to pay required Social Security taxes for a former part-time housekeeper until just after Clinton nominated him.
STEPHEN BREYER - When Breyer was a nominee for the Supreme Court in mid-1994, it was disclosed that the then-chief judge of the U.S. 1st Circuit Court of Appeals in Boston had failed to pay Social Security taxes for an 81-year-old U.S. citizen who worked part time in his house for 13 years. Breyer said he did not know he was supposed to pay taxes for the woman until after Baird's case, whereupon he paid the overdue taxes. He was confirmed as a justice of the high court.
You really don't want to go there. An employee here or there does not in anyway compare to the number of Republican leaning COMPANIES hiring illegals. For example, ICE agents arrested 1,297 illegal aliens at six Swift meat processing factories...a company whose political donations are 88% republican. That's not to say that there are no Democrat leaning companies that have been caught hiring illegals as well but it certainly makes your post look pretty petty and insignificant.

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1163137 Jul 8, 2014
Olive Oil wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah and Commie Leftists rely on Illegal immigrants to fill their insatiable need to expand their voter base.
Appears Democrats have no room to make the claim you just did which was so prevalent in Clinton's Nannygate Nominees: Though President Bush ran into similar situations with two of his nominees - Clinton Nannygate Nominees lead the list :
ZOE BAIRD - President Bill Clinton's first nominee for attorney general withdrew in 1993 after it was learned that the $500,000-a-year corporate lawyer employed an illegal immigrant Peruvian couple to provide nanny services for her son and chauffeur her around and didn't pay the required Social Security taxes for them. A federal law enacted in the fall of 1986 made it illegal to hire undocumented workers. Her case gave birth to the term "Nannygate."
KIMBA WOOD - Amazingly, just two weeks later, Wood, a federal judge in New York who was expected to be Clinton's second choice for attorney general, withdrew her name. She admitted her baby sitter of seven years had been in the country illegally when hired in March 1986 - before such hiring was against the law. Wood stressed she had broken no laws and had paid all required employment taxes.
CHARLES RUFF - After Baird and Wood, this Washington lawyer and former Justice Department official was removed from Clinton's "short list" of candidates for deputy attorney general after it was learned he failed to pay Social Security taxes for a woman who did domestic work for him one day a week over the previous eight years.
RON BROWN - Clinton's then-newly confirmed commerce secretary acknowledged in 1993 he had not paid Social Security taxes for a woman who cleaned his house three hours a week over four or five years. He said he hadn't thought he owed taxes because she worked so few hours, but he scurried to pay the back taxes and penalties and remained in office.
FEDERICO PENA - Like Brown, Pena had already been confirmed as to his post, transportation secretary in this case, when the Baird case prompted him to acknowledge he failed to pay Social Security taxes for a substitute baby sitter who looked after his two children while their regular caretaker vacationed in 1991. He promised to pay more than $100 in back taxes.
SHIRLEY S. CHATER - Chater, the president of Texas Woman's University was Clinton's nominee to head the Social Security Administration when the White House disclosed on Aug. 3, 1993, that she failed to pay Social Security taxes for a part-time baby sitter from 1969 to 1975. But she had paid the back taxes before her nomination, and she was confirmed.
BOBBY RAY INMAN - The retired Navy admiral withdrew in January 1994 as Clinton's nominee to be defense secretary. Among many reasons, he listed his failure to pay required Social Security taxes for a former part-time housekeeper until just after Clinton nominated him.
STEPHEN BREYER - When Breyer was a nominee for the Supreme Court in mid-1994, it was disclosed that the then-chief judge of the U.S. 1st Circuit Court of Appeals in Boston had failed to pay Social Security taxes for an 81-year-old U.S. citizen who worked part time in his house for 13 years. Breyer said he did not know he was supposed to pay taxes for the woman until after Baird's case, whereupon he paid the overdue taxes. He was confirmed as a justice of the high court.
You really don't want to go there. An employee here or there does not in anyway compare to the number of Republican leaning COMPANIES that have been caught hiring illegals. For example, ICE agents arrested 1,297 illegal aliens at six Swift meat processing factories...a company whose political donations are 88% republican. That's not to say that there are no Democrat leaning companies that have been caught hiring illegal, there are, but it certainly makes your post look pretty petty and insignificant.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1163138 Jul 8, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell that to Boehner. He's the one who says he isn't going to allow the House to discuss the issue.
"uselesssinceforever "
There is nothing to discuss. One of the president's jobs is to enforce the laws. America has laws designed to protect our borders from illegals. Our current president nobama has no intention of enforcing the laws, the laws do not fit his agenda.
Peace
KMA
GPUAR

Since: May 14

Location hidden

#1163139 Jul 8, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you say "Positive"?????
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HA.....
That must be why he's so damned popular, eh?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHA.....
Which of Obama's accomplishments are you most impressed by?
Job losses were cut by more than 50% within his first 4 months in office.
He saved the American auto industry.
Has cut our deficits by more than half.
Killed Osama bin Ladin.
Got Syria to give up their chemical weapons without firing a single shot.
Presided over record breaking stock levels (with the Dow just recently closing over 17,000 for the first time in its 118-year history).
Reduced unemployment from 10% to 6.1%.
We just saw the fastest first quarter of job growth in the United States since 1999.
The quickest drop in unemployment in 30 years.
52 straight months of private sector job growth.
9.7 million private sector jobs created.
Over 8 million people signed up for health care thanks to the Affordable Care Act.
Millions of Americans have gained, or kept, health care coverage thanks to Medicaid expansions and being able to stay on their parents’ insurance longer.
He hasn’t started a single war.
Hasn’t tried to confiscate a single gun.

All accomplished with a do-nothing obstructionist Republican Congress!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 43 min Red_Forman 7,291
last post wins! (Dec '10) 44 min Red_Forman 1,577
Word (Dec '08) 45 min Red_Forman 5,637
(./////// R ox y Bulk!!) ku*sh !!)))))) 1 hr Chicago-1 1
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Earthling-1 57,238
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Dr Guru 207,476
News In February, Chicago goes crazy for 'paczki' as... 5 hr Joey 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages