Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1396102 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Also Sprach

United States

#1163561 Jul 9, 2014
Which rock group/actor/actress will headline divine children telethon?

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1163562 Jul 9, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama has had 13 unanimous SCOTUS decisions against him for abuse of power.
There is no more options left except to cut off the money.
That has already been proven to be a lie. Try to keep up. Eight of those SCOTUS decisions attributed to Obama were against Bushy Boy and others had nothing to do with the Executive Branch.

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1163563 Jul 9, 2014
Donnie wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't they come via ships and had visa/passports in hand they never took a dime from our government worked their individual asses off to be productive members of our country, learned English did everything humanly possible to respect our laws and be constructive members of our communities?
Many were sent back after reaching Ellis Island for various and numerous reasons - not having anyone here to take them in and health problems were two of them.

America still stands by the saying on the Statue of Liberty. It just has to be done legally.

How can we support and place over 52,000 children with no parents? And more coming?

The cities where they are willy nilly being dumped by Obama's buses are scrambling just to find somewhere to put them. Murietta only had a jail to provide enough space for all of them.

It's one thing to show compassion. But it's a logistical problem on many levels. Pelosi and liberals can't comprehend the logistical problems.

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1163564 Jul 9, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Elizabeth Warren is going to be your nominee.
Great to know that the Democratic party has two potential presidental candidates that can beat the pants off of anyone the GOP has in the wings.
Nostrilis

Simsbury, CT

#1163565 Jul 9, 2014
Costco will never get my business as their co-founder is a huge Obama supporter. I did not renew Costco and am glad.

I have memberships to two other places including Sam's Club.

http://www.wnd.com/2014/07/costco-denies-poli...

"Seven Reasons Why I Chose Sam’s Club Over Costco"

http://www.thesimpledollar.com/seven-reasons-...
Donnie

United States

#1163566 Jul 9, 2014
Former New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin(D) was sentenced Wednesday to 120 months in prison. U.S. District Judge Helen Berrigan also ordered Nagin to pay $84,000 in restitution. "What Ray Nagin did was sell his office over and over again," lead prosecutor Matt Coman said after the sentencing. "The damage that C. Ray Nagin inflicted on this community ... is incalculable." He will report to a minimum security prison in September.

Nagin, 58, was convicted on Feb. 12 of accepting more than $500,000 worth of bribes and free trips from contractors in exchange for helping them clinch millions of dollars in city work when he was mayor of New Orleans, both pre- and post-Hurricane Katrina. He was found guilty of 20 out of 21 counts in the indictment. Nagin, a Democrat who was mayor for two terms from 2002 to 2010, denied he took any bribes.

Former New Orleans mayor Ray Nagin arrives at the federal courthouse in downtown New Orleans for his sentencing on July 9.

==========
Another good democrat bites the dust....
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1163567 Jul 9, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
How many are you going to put up? I suspect your magnanimity extends only as far as your neighbor's door.
I don't profess to be a hypocrite Christian; that's the difference. I am more than thrilled that my stupid redneck neighbor is now staying in his house and backyard with this pitbull dog cause he finally go the word from the popo. Next time, he goes to the big house.

I think those children should be sent back; the President of Honduras blames the problem on lax drug laws since the US is the largest consumer of illicit drugs. I say, give them aid so that they can stay and work in their own countries; it's a better solution. Australia began paying people to return to their countries; an interesting concept. I feel sorry for those children that have been used by their parents to make that dangerous trek here based on false premises. Most leaders in Latin countries are totally corrupt. Send them back, what will they do here? Who will take care of them? Sounds like a total nightmare to me.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1163568 Jul 9, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone who believe "the House has passed over two-hunddred bills that Harry Reid refuses to bring up for a vote" is too ignorant to be given a second thought.
"uselesssinceforever "
You are correct, sort a. The house has not passed 200 hundred bills that hairless reed refuses to allow a vote on. As of March 14, 2014 there were only 195 such bills. 31 of those bills were sponsored by democrats.
Peace
KMA
GPUAR

“Depends on the Day”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1163569 Jul 9, 2014
We could fly all of the illegal aliens home for one-half of 1 percent of the $3.8 billion that President Obama proposes we spend. That’s a savings of 99.5 percent!

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jul/...
Nostrilis

Simsbury, CT

#1163570 Jul 9, 2014
Costco Karma: Dinesh D'Souza's 'America' Book Soars to Amazon #1 Shortly After Banishment

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/pj-gladnick/2014...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1163571 Jul 9, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure dimwit, people who have been used to using ERs are all of a sudden going to change their behaviors overnight. The upside is that now the majority are covered by insurance and it's less likely that the rest of us are going to be on the hook for unpaid bills.
very few previously uninsured people have insurance under ObamaKKKare......

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1163572 Jul 9, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>most of the Indians died from disease, it was not genocide like you liberals love. Doesn't surprise that you know nothing about history.
Funny comment coming from someone who supports genocide.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1163573 Jul 9, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Feed them and send the kids back to the country of origin with a strongly worded note:
Us "swines" are repulsed by both the Drug Cartel and human trafficking.
We will not become co-conspirators with the Drug Cartel human trafficking enterprise and refuse to reward it.
We also send a strong word of warning to the parents who engaged in reckless endangerment of their children.
I was being facetious. I think they should be sent back as well.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1163574 Jul 9, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
There's a little thing called due process moron. If the government is going to seek the death penalty which they are in this case then they have to make sure they dot all their I's and cross all their t's.
You're an idiot Galt; you always have been and always will be!
OK, sorry...Galt should understand that the public cannot expect incompetent federal lawyers to bust their asses and move the case forward......

justice delayed is justice denied....
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1163575 Jul 9, 2014
Donnie wrote:
Former New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin(D) was sentenced Wednesday to 120 months in prison. U.S. District Judge Helen Berrigan also ordered Nagin to pay $84,000 in restitution. "What Ray Nagin did was sell his office over and over again," lead prosecutor Matt Coman said after the sentencing. "The damage that C. Ray Nagin inflicted on this community ... is incalculable." He will report to a minimum security prison in September.
Nagin, 58, was convicted on Feb. 12 of accepting more than $500,000 worth of bribes and free trips from contractors in exchange for helping them clinch millions of dollars in city work when he was mayor of New Orleans, both pre- and post-Hurricane Katrina. He was found guilty of 20 out of 21 counts in the indictment. Nagin, a Democrat who was mayor for two terms from 2002 to 2010, denied he took any bribes.
Former New Orleans mayor Ray Nagin arrives at the federal courthouse in downtown New Orleans for his sentencing on July 9.
==========
Another good democrat bites the dust....
I wonder if Chris Christie will do any time

“Depends on the Day”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1163576 Jul 9, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
That has already been proven to be a lie. Try to keep up. Eight of those SCOTUS decisions attributed to Obama were against Bushy Boy and others had nothing to do with the Executive Branch.
BS

The whole Obama admin is the Executive Branch

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1163577 Jul 9, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>you seem to have completely forgotten (or don't care) about the 3,000 innocent Americans murdered by these same jihadis on 9-11. You appear to hate America as much as the Moslems do.
PS. There are men who are gang banging Cartel members-you seem to forget, O'bama says children, are all up to the age of 31. Only a liberal could define child at 31.
Your ignorance is showing. I think you need a nap.

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1163578 Jul 9, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
the Republican party lost two Senate seats in 2012, in Missouri and Indiana, for the simple reason that the candidates were bran-dead idiots whose minds were polluted with the crap they learned in their born-again churches....
Two Senatorial candidates shot off their mouths and said something either stupid or intentionally overhyped by the media.

It didn't change the outcome of the election in the Senate even if they had won.

People have very strong feelings about abortion on both sides of the fence. You're the only one making it a partisan issue.

You really do need to work on being more tolerant of others' beliefs just like others are tolerant of yours.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1163579 Jul 9, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
As part of an effort to stem the flood of children caught trying to cross the nation's southwest border, President Obama is trying to change a 2008 law that dictates how the federal government handles those immigrant children in order to speed up their deportations.
Under that law, most of the unaccompanied minors being caught by Border Patrol agents must be handed over to the Department of Health and Human Services, which coordinates care for them, finds them safe housing and helps advise them on their legal rights as their immigration cases are decided. The president is now asking Congress to amend the law in a way that would allow Border Patrol agents to render a deportation decision themselves and quickly deport the children back to their home country.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/201...
so, why doesn't Obama just deport them by Executive Order, like he does everything else???...

when did the law ever stand in his way???....
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1163580 Jul 9, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Many were sent back after reaching Ellis Island for various and numerous reasons - not having anyone here to take them in and health problems were two of them.
America still stands by the saying on the Statue of Liberty. It just has to be done legally.
How can we support and place over 52,000 children with no parents? And more coming?
The cities where they are willy nilly being dumped by Obama's buses are scrambling just to find somewhere to put them. Murietta only had a jail to provide enough space for all of them.
It's one thing to show compassion. But it's a logistical problem on many levels. Pelosi and liberals can't comprehend the logistical problems.
"Obamas buses"; you're totally nutz; and getting dumber by the day

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 9 min Jacques in Orleans 216,974
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 10 min pundit 102,539
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 1 hr GEORGIA 1,686
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 1 hr GEORGIA 2,713
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr GEORGIA 6,426
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr GEORGIA 8,915
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr TRD 70,732

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages