Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1395153 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Hey Stupid

Chicago, IL

#1159320 Jul 1, 2014
The major problem is obesity, reports military recruiters. But young adults are also being turned away because they lack high school diplomas, have felony convictions, and are on prescription drugs for ailments such as attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder.

Obama care taking down the military.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1159321 Jul 1, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that was an union overreach.
Gee, ya think? still happens for teachers that has to be ended.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1159322 Jul 1, 2014
In The Right wrote:
<quoted text>
The liberal left is being exposed to ¨World Cup¨ behavior that is nothing new to the rest of the world -- a world the left loves to claim is so much better than the mean and rotten USA.
They're so full of demands and 'good advise' for others, but turn the other way when confronted with their destructive behavior. I suppose higher taxes and more regulation is the answer.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Trump 2016 and beyond

#1159323 Jul 1, 2014
In The Right wrote:
It's not every day you hear a president joke about crack cocaine -- in White House pies, no less.
During a Monday event to celebrate LGBT Pride Month, President Obama praised retiring White House pastry chef Bill Yosses -- "the Crustmaster" -- for his delicious pies.
"I don't know what he does -- whether he puts crack in them, or ...," Obama said as the crowd chuckled.
How utterly presidential.
Ug! It's the culture
Hey Stupid

Chicago, IL

#1159324 Jul 1, 2014
Liberalism is working, just get a bunch of tatoos, get on free Obama care and you never have to support your country.
Still more do not meet the military’s appearance standards. New rules issued in March forbid large-scale tattoos or more than four visible on a soldier’s arms or legs. Tattoos are forbidden on other parts of the body not covered by a uniform.

St. Croix valley

#1159325 Jul 1, 2014
In The Right wrote:
<quoted text>
¨Ordained¨ is a good term. Sounds religious. Can I use it instead of ¨indoctrinated?¨
LOL
that would really seem to fit better for the far right, wouldn't it? especially considering the recent SCOTUS decision...
Hey Stupid

Chicago, IL

#1159326 Jul 1, 2014
Put a pipe through your nose or ears and get out of serving. Liberalism is working. How about getting your balls pierced, Obama did.

In addition, potential recruits are being turned away because of extreme piercings, such as ear gauges that create large holes in people’s earlobes.

St. Croix valley

#1159327 Jul 1, 2014
In The Right wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I'm familiar with Netanyahu.
He's the type of leader I wish we had, a complete opposite of the wishy-washy milquetoast we're stuck with.
s you never complained when Obama has the balls to act without waiting for the political weathervane of congress? sure pal...sure..
shall we check past posts on that topic?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1159328 Jul 1, 2014
Donnie wrote:
Mother Jones
Media Matters
Little Green Footballs
Might as well advertise "I'm and idiot and I have sources to prove it"..
Just saying...
when was the last time FOX exposed a Media Matters lie?

never.

when was the last time MM exposed a FOX lie?

now.

Fox's The Five Pushes Myth That Hobby Lobby Case Was About "Abortion Pills"

http://mediamatters.org/video/2014/06/30/foxs...

just sayin'.....about 10 times every day.

St. Croix valley

#1159329 Jul 1, 2014
Hey Stupid wrote:
Pentagon: Young Adults Too Fat, Tattooed, Uneducated for Military
Liberalism is working.
sounds like the entire bible belt and STP belt combined...are those blue states now?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1159330 Jul 1, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
SCOTUS has set back Obama's agenda to fundamentally transform the nation into his own image 13 times...so far.
At least we have 5 judges who know why the Constitution exists.
Several rulings were unanimous. Hallelujer....
Yep! Right down the party lines!

“Depends on the Day”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1159331 Jul 1, 2014
Obama is a joke wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because you want something doesn't mean that anyone else should be required to provide it.
There is NO constitutional right to free birth control

There is NO constitutional right to free health care.

lily forgets that 3 years ago women were getting birth control w/o the Obamacare mandate.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1159332 Jul 1, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for reminding us again about Obama's disconnect from the real world.
He gets ole' Harry to reject every single bill passed by the House - some bipartisan - so he can claim gridlock and then right after the SCOTUS ruled to limit his overreach of executive power makes a grand announcement that he will bypass Congress - again - because nothing ever gets done otherwise.
Sounds like disconnect to me.
The solution is to remove ole' Harry. And things will get done.
lol! From your disconnected position?

Yep! It would to me too!

Fortunately, I'm better at independent thinking than you are!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1159333 Jul 1, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
If I didn't know better, I'd say you were an intolerant liberal.
All conservatives want the government to stay out of our lives.
Both sides have strong feelings and opinions about social issues - especially abortion and gay marriage.
It's best to let people believe what they want to believe.
And smaller government doesn't include dictating social values. The federal government has already overstepped its role on many social issues affecting all of us with the help of the Supreme Court.
No condemnation concerning this?
lol! You should pander less to the religious right if that's the point you want to make son!
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#1159334 Jul 1, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>that would really seem to fit better for the far right, wouldn't it? especially considering the recent SCOTUS decision...

Maybe Hobby Lobby shouldn't have said why they wouldn't cover certain types of BC......then they could be as transparent as Obama.
In The Right

United States

#1159335 Jul 1, 2014
Hey Stupid wrote:
Pentagon: Young Adults Too Fat, Tattooed, Uneducated for Military
Liberalism is working.
LOL...yep, just how the left wants 'em, fat and stupid.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Trump 2016 and beyond

#1159336 Jul 1, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Gee, ya think? still happens for teachers that has to be ended.
All of the time, woodtick. Good morning. LOL

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Trump 2016 and beyond

#1159337 Jul 1, 2014
Interesting.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1159338 Jul 1, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Same thing O'Reilly was concerned about. He may be a little full of himself from time to time but he's got his finger on the pulse of what could easily be our undoing as a Republic. And that is, like you said, one more liberal judge could be the end of our freedoms as we know them.
Way too close for comfort. I agree with you and him 110%.
lol! Which is why you people prefer the nazi ways, eh?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1159339 Jul 1, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
The Obamacare law allows for religious exemptions
http://www.irs.gov/uac/Questions-and-Answers-...
The Obama admin argued that this exemption could not be applied to any for-profit organization
This was saw as unfounded.
The ruling does not effect all businesses just those "closely held" or those with a limited number of investors.
Whether the public thinks religious exemptions should be allowed is irrelevant as this supersedes what the constitution states.
BS!

Constitution states no such thing. Does it say that the our Second Amendment rights are limited? Scalia says it does.

The Court ruled long ago that the Court is the last word on interpreting the Constitution. Do you think they always get it right? There are a number of recent rulings that the right wing media whined and cried about.

So take your hollow victories and watch them dissolve in the face of public outrage. Next thing you know Hobby Lobby will be crying discrimination because no one wants to work for religious bigots.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 20 min Jacques Orleans 216,735
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 23 min RJS 8,494
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 29 min RACE 2,696
Word (Dec '08) 30 min RACE 6,415
last post wins! (Apr '13) 1 hr Red_Forman 1,116
last post wins! (Dec '10) 1 hr Red_Forman 2,143
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr SweLL GirL 8,886
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 8 hr Sublime1 102,473
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages