Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1496621 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1159407 Jul 1, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
A Florida judge has thrown out George Zimmerman's libel suit against NBC Universal.
Circuit Judge Debra S. Nelson ruled that Zimmerman, a former Sanford, Fla., Neighborhood Watch volunteer, is not entitled to money from NBC following his defamation lawsuit against the media organization.
Nelson said that Zimmerman failed to show the network acted with malice, according to The Associated Press.
She said the malice standard was appropriate because Zimmerman became a public figure after he shot and killed Trayvon Martin, an unarmed black 17-year-old, inside a gated community in Sanford, Fla., in 2012
Zimmerman "voluntarily injected his views into the public controversy surrounding race relations and public safety in Sanford and pursued a course of conduct that ultimately led to the death of Martin and the specific controversy surrounding it," said Nelson, who presided over Zimmerman's criminal trial last summer.
Zimmerman had filed the suit two years ago, accusing the media giant of falsely depicting him as a racist in a series of broadcasts NBC ran shortly after Zimmerman shot and killed Martin. In the lawsuit, Zimmerman accused NBC of defaming him by airing edited clips of a 911 call he made on the night of the shooting -- claiming NBC practices "yellow journalism."
His suit is finished unless the ruling is reversed by an appeals court, according to the newspaper.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/06/30/florida-...
so despite what FOX News says; if you talk like a racist, you are a racist.
are you capable of reading with any comprehension whatsoever.....obviously not....

the judge did not say that NBC's reporting was accurate, just that they acted without malice (in her opinion).....

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1159408 Jul 1, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
“Looks like they were inappropriately offering to pay for his wife,” Lerner said.“Perhaps we should refer to Exam?”
This e-mail actually is saying the group did something inappropriate.
Where is that demand to audit Grassley in that???
I guess you whiners think that because Grassley is a US Senator that potential wrong doings should be ignored?
Lerner referred it to someone in enforcement.
What's the big deal?
Traffic Cop: " Yes, I did see someone that looked like wanted child molester drive by but I didn't do anything because he was following the speed limit"
The group was the IRS-clueless. They were sponsoring it.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1159409 Jul 1, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
US law cannot trump the constitution
lol!?????????

You can't POSSIBLY be American son...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1159410 Jul 1, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
It's an insult to all American women that 5 men have made decisions concerning womens access to the Morning After Pill and IUD's because they are ignorant and misinformed to the degree that they are calling these drugs and devices abortions.
How fked up is that Carol?
It is you fanatic Christians who want to impose your will upon the masses. I say that we should say a collective "GFY"
Do you even read what you post? You must be insane.
cut the crap...nobody is being denied anything.....

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1159411 Jul 1, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, six years of Obama economic stagnation and a shrinking workforce is just wonderful......
and recession may be just around the corner....
""S&P, Dow rattle cage on uncharted territory
U.S. stocks have started the third quarter with a bang. The S&P 500 and the Dow industrials are challenging resistance at all-time highs, while the Nasdaq Composite is at its best level since April 2000.""

Nobraina angry because he's sitting in cash being afraid of the stock market.

Much like the rest of Teabag nation..

The asshats have missed the biggest Bull Market in US History!!

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1159412 Jul 1, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> When his religion goes against current corporate law.
This idea you whiners have that religion trumps all is just ridiculous.
Gingsberg couldn't cite one corporate law this violated.

But, keep making up stuff, Dave
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1159413 Jul 1, 2014
Progressive things that make you scratch your head...

POT-YES....

Cupcakes-NO....

'Wash. school district complies with Michelle O’s lunch rules and bans birthday cupcakes'

http://eagnews.org/wash-school-district-compl...
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1159414 Jul 1, 2014
John Galt wrote:
five reasons why Hillary won’t run
(1) she’s just not very good at politics;
(2) there’s no “fire in the tummy”;
(3) who wants to clean up after Barack Obama, any way;
(4) the country wants real change; and
(5) another round of “Clinton, Bush, Clinton” with children of both families waiting in the wings, is thrilling nobody.
Forget about it, it's a done deal, she's running. This is all just wishful thinking on your part.

Location hidden

#1159415 Jul 1, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
are you capable of reading with any comprehension whatsoever.....obviously not....
the judge did not say that NBC's reporting was accurate, just that they acted without malice (in her opinion).....
The Judge did not say NBC's reporting was inaccurate, which meant she believed it was accurate.

If not, she would have been required to state that it was inaccurate, you doofus.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1159417 Jul 1, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The funding went to the Palestinian Authority. You BS does not change that.
If Hamas ordered those kidnappings (doubtful) then Hamas would be held accountable. But if it was some offshoot group, then Hamas itself is not responsible.
A key will be if Hamas helps locate those responsible.
Israel will locate those responsible, as well as those who give them cover....and will deliver swift and final justice.....

Hussein Obama will think about economic sanctions....while ignoring the murder of an American citizen by his Muslim brothers....
In The Right

United States

#1159418 Jul 1, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Hamas does not run the Palestinian Authority.
Funding the Authority is not funding Hamas.
It's not that complicated.
Bwahahahahahahaha!

Since: May 11

Carlisle, PA

#1159419 Jul 1, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Dave, I have tried
1. Vox Explaining it to you. Using silly number lists highlighting each point to avoid any claims of confusion.
2. Unlike Vox Explain I used real data with links to show that the poverty rate has gone up since 2009 and still remains at 15%
3. Your claim that a 15% poverty rate is good is totally absurd
If after all this you choose to deny--your problem/not mine.
First, you lie as I never said that a 15% poverty rate was good.

Second, I never said the poverty rate has not gone up and, in fact, I said it did when I connected poverty rate to job loses.

Third, you are still running from your statement where you compared the poverty rate from June of 2008 with today's poverty rate to say there was no recovery.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1159421 Jul 1, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
didn't Zimmy sue NBC? because they made him look like a racist? that was his assertion, wasn't it? that NBC made it out like he was a racist? so he had to prove that he wasn't?

seems he failed.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1159422 Jul 1, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
First, you lie as I never said that a 15% poverty rate was good.
Second, I never said the poverty rate has not gone up and, in fact, I said it did when I connected poverty rate to job loses.
Third, you are still running from your statement where you compared the poverty rate from June of 2008 with today's poverty rate to say there was no recovery.
Where do the numbers for 'poverty' come from realdave?

I mean who publishes them....

Since: May 11

Carlisle, PA

#1159423 Jul 1, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Gingsberg couldn't cite one corporate law this violated.
But, keep making up stuff, Dave
The ACA would have demanded that Hobby Lobby followed the guidelines as set forth in the ACA.

The ACA is a law.

Hobby Lobby was looking for away to violate that law.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1159424 Jul 1, 2014
Donnie wrote:
<quoted text>
The Supreme law of America is the US Constitution (as interpreted by SCOTUS) which means all laws MUST BE CONSTITUTIONAL to be legal in the USA.
There are unalienable rights written into the US Constitution meaning no one can violate including a democratic Congress and a Dem/Lib/Marxist president.
If it were absolute the decision would have been 9-0 instead of 5-4
Donnie

United States

#1159425 Jul 1, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
“Looks like they were inappropriately offering to pay for his wife,” Lerner said.“Perhaps we should refer to Exam?”
This e-mail actually is saying the group did something inappropriate.
Where is that demand to audit Grassley in that???
I guess you whiners think that because Grassley is a US Senator that potential wrong doings should be ignored?
Lerner referred it to someone in enforcement.
What's the big deal?
Traffic Cop: " Yes, I did see someone that looked like wanted child molester drive by but I didn't do anything because he was following the speed limit"
This isn't complicated or difficult to understand so why do you refuse to accept what is so obvious even to a lay person in the street? Lois Lerner tried to get a sitting Senator from the opposition political party to be audited on his taxes BEFORE he filed his taxes for that year. furthermore, Senator Grassley is sqeaky clean nerd who is meticulous in his financial affairs and is notorious for being a goody good shoes geek. Senator Grassley did not attend nor did his wife attend the function he received the invitation from anyway, so the whole b.s. is nothing but harassment from a out of control IRS.

Grassley sits on a committee that oversees ethics and accountability in government....ooops is that why Lerner tried to targeted him?

Do you even remember what Lois Lerner is guilty of concerning targeting opposition party conservatives? She's guilty she apologized for inappropriate targeting in the hearings and Federal Court found the IRS guilty of damages in the amount of $50,000 to another person who was unfairly and unjustly targeted.

Wake up and smell the reek of corruption it's everywhere in Washington D.C.
Patrick

United States

#1159426 Jul 1, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
The idea liberals have of anyone "banning" birth control is Birth control is and always has been a personal choice to prevent pregnancy paid for out of one's own pocket. It's being forced on everyone now as part of a "collective" mentality and has communism written all over it.
Guess it never dawned on all these liberal women 20 years ago their "right" to free birth control was being denied them under the Constitution.
It's because it wasn't, never has been and isn't today.
It's a tactic of coercion to test if Americans can easily be coerced...tomorrow it will be some other freedom of choice taken away in the guise of collectivism in the place of individualism using bullying tactics by progressive liberalism.
Hopefully, it's not working anymore.
Let us know when you and G^lt agree on anything?
Love the divisions in the Republican party.
You seem against the President, with ludicrous reasons, while fighting with fellow republican posters.
Democrats thank you for you continued efforts to destroy the republican party
In The Right

United States

#1159427 Jul 1, 2014
Hillary despondent over failure of book.

Apparently she thought she had some massive fan base of adoring sycophants and they all wanted to know about her lies and bullsh*t.

Looks like her four admirers are on this thread. LOL

Location hidden

#1159428 Jul 1, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>DOMA sure did...we irradicated that vile crap as soon as we could...
i think this ruling will follow the same path..
religious cults are on the way out as per governance in this sector of the world, thank the stars...we have seen their previous work and are not looking for a reunion tour at all..
So if Hobby Lobby is such a good Christian Company, why do they import most of their crap from China??

China has more abortions than any nation on earth.

----------

"" Chinese data show that 13 million abortions are performed each year, for an average rate of 35,000 abortions per day.

One field researcher has concluded that he is fairly certain that most of the 13 million annual abortions are forced.

According to Steven Mosher, most of the millions of abortions carried out in China have the character of a rape; that is, they were performed on women who were ordered, or even physically forced, to submit to the knife.

Since 1971, doctors have performed 336 million abortions, have performed 196 million sterilizations, and have inserted 403 million intrauterine devices.(For comparison, in the US, where the population is about one-quarter the size of China’s, an estimated 50 million abortions have been performed since 1973.)

http://www.allgirlsallowed.org/forced-abortio...

----------

They did this for economic reasons. If they were observant Christians, they would not do business with China, the abortion capital of the World.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 16 min SweLL GirL 10,333
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 17 min ENTER 237,214
IT'S Really really true, nancy pelosi............ 2 hr HasALargePenis 10
The Mexicans stay home 2 hr More-Truth NoLies 24
Review: Skydiving In Chicago 5 hr Bjohns 1
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 8 hr Ashley 63,269
News Off-duty Cook County correctional officer shot ... 8 hr former democrat 1

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages