Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1236570 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1158098 Jun 28, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>it is not a lie, they were doing their job.
notice nothing illegal has been found...why do you think that is?
Why butter my balls and call me a biscuit! You sound just like Al Capone's lawyer!

Capone was amused when charges of tax evasion were brought against him. Nobody goes to jail for not paying taxes, he said.

And, speaking of Al Capone, he sounds so damned much like the Magic Negro!

Give a listen and learn something, boy:-)

You can get much farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.
---- Al Capone

Vote early and vote often.
---- Al Capone

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1158099 Jun 28, 2014
John Galt wrote:
During a speech a couple of days ago, Obama spoke in terms of prisoner swaps by Presidents at the end of wars:
“This is what happens at the end of wars,” President Barack Obama said Tuesday when he was asked about swapping American Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl for five Taliban terrorists. "That was true for George Washington, that was true for Abraham Lincoln, that was true for FDR. That’s been true of every combat situation, that at some point, you make sure that you try to get your folks back. And that’s the right thing to do.”
For the record, the Revolutionary War ended in 1783... Washington did not become President until 1789.
Lincoln was assassinated in mid April 1865... the war officially ended on May 10, 1865.
FDR died before the end of WW II.
Therefore, none of the three mentioned Presidents were in office at the end of a war.
Once again, this proves how little our current President knows about America and American History.
But he *does* know something about our Constitution, I would assume. I mean, he taught Constitutional Law, right?

Or was that just another one of those Affirmative Action Make-Believe Thingies?

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1158100 Jun 28, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no, but we have science to back up this truth. i understand such concepts are light years beyond your ability to comprehend, you should stick to making jokes about poo...that is the best you will ever be at anything in your life.
....speaking of poo and sticking to things...you stick to everything you touch, approach or attempt.

“Stop Child Soliders”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1158101 Jun 28, 2014
Ahmed Abu Khatallah's indictment

Summary (at bottom of page): Conspiracy to provide material support and resources to terrorist resulting in death

http://apps.washingtonpost.com/g/documents/lo...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1158102 Jun 28, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Absolutely__the Obama administration has led the nation to a much earlier than predicted recovery from the BushCo disaster and without much help from the worst performing congress in US history.
Many of these right wing/tea party types on here are loooosers just out to share their misery..
only an Obamabot slug like Realslime believes that negative GDP growth is a "recovery".....

doing nothing would have been better than Obama's failed policies, including ObamaKKKare, a continuing drag on the economy....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1158103 Jun 28, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
Ahmed Abu Khatallah's indictment
Summary (at bottom of page): Conspiracy to provide material support and resources to terrorist resulting in death
http://apps.washingtonpost.com/g/documents/lo...
charges of conspiracy are inconsistent with a spontaneous reaction to a video.....

sounds like the terrorist should call Obama, Susan Rice, and the old lady to testify in his defense.....

Since: May 14

Location hidden

#1158104 Jun 28, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
only an Obamabot slug like Realslime believes that negative GDP growth is a "recovery".....
doing nothing would have been better than Obama's failed policies, including ObamaKKKare, a continuing drag on the economy....
Which of Obama's failed policies do you believe is responsible for your miserable life?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1158105 Jun 28, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Biblical events have many correlations in the records of natural history. For example, evidence has been found near Sodom and Gomorrah of meteorites that may have broken up overhead and not impacted. Biblical writers may have taken these events as God's punishment or these events may have occurred far earlier but had been handed down as oral history that Biblical writers used to buttress their stories.
There are many known flooding events through Earth history and probably many more to be uncovered. Here in North America, there was a glacial lake the size of many States north of Michigan that broke loose and flooded a path all the way to the Oregon coast.
Glacial lakes burst open on other continents, too.
Wiki - Outburst flood: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outburst_flood
And then there's the great Mediterranean flood. Wiki - Zanclean flood: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zanclean_flood
It must be kept in mind that a "Global" flood to the ancients was "Global" to the extent of their comprehension of what "Global" meant. It could have meant the Mediterranean area only. If the Ark contained "all" other life forms, that, too, could have meant only all those Life forms within their "Global" awareness.
So there was a wealth of oral history that could be used for creating Biblical scripts and story lines.
On the other hand, it could have all been true.
Unless wooddick was there. What you say, wooddick?
none of those idiotic things even come close to a global flood int eh time of humans on Earth...you do realize we have those records of things that happened long before humans and yet not one single trace of a global flood in the time of humans?

once a gain, we know fo an irrefutable fact that there was no global flood during the time of humans on Earth...not even a topic up for debate anymore...

your cult lied to you...again...

Since: May 11

Landisburg, PA

#1158106 Jun 28, 2014
John Galt wrote:
During a speech a couple of days ago, Obama spoke in terms of prisoner swaps by Presidents at the end of wars:
“This is what happens at the end of wars,” President Barack Obama said Tuesday when he was asked about swapping American Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl for five Taliban terrorists. "That was true for George Washington, that was true for Abraham Lincoln, that was true for FDR. That’s been true of every combat situation, that at some point, you make sure that you try to get your folks back. And that’s the right thing to do.”
For the record, the Revolutionary War ended in 1783... Washington did not become President until 1789.
Lincoln was assassinated in mid April 1865... the war officially ended on May 10, 1865.
FDR died before the end of WW II.
Therefore, none of the three mentioned Presidents were in office at the end of a war.
Once again, this proves how little our current President knows about America and American History.
For the record, Obama did not say when Washington was President and all three did permit prisoner exchanges.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1158107 Jun 28, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
charges of conspiracy are inconsistent with a spontaneous reaction to a video.....
sounds like the terrorist should call Obama, Susan Rice, and the old lady to testify in his defense.....
you do not understand what that word conspiracy means legally...it is fun to watch you make such an ass of yourself...

“Stop Child Soliders”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1158108 Jun 28, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
charges of conspiracy are inconsistent with a spontaneous reaction to a video.....
sounds like the terrorist should call Obama, Susan Rice, and the old lady to testify in his defense.....
I noticed that the grand jury indictment failed to mention "spontaneous protest related to a video."

I wouldn't be the least bit surprise if the terrorist attempts to use the admin's words as his defense.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1158109 Jun 28, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
I noticed that the grand jury indictment failed to mention "spontaneous protest related to a video."
I wouldn't be the least bit surprise if the terrorist attempts to use the admin's words as his defense.
then you really know nothing about legal defense, do you? what would htat have to do with his indictment or the charges filed?

maybe you should volunteer to represent him!?!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1158110 Jun 28, 2014
Nostrilis Waxmoron wrote:
<quoted text>
Which of Obama's failed policies do you believe is responsible for your miserable life?
and when did you stop beating your husband???....

Since: May 11

Landisburg, PA

#1158111 Jun 28, 2014
Olive Oil wrote:
<quoted text>
The better question is, Why did Bush get ( below ) under a Democrat controlled Senate?:
"Congressional Approval For An Act Of War: Bush Versus Obama:
Folks of liberal persuasion aren't going to like hearing the truth but Bush Junior DID get congressional approval for his actions against BOTH Afghanistan and Iraq. I know that liberal PC talking points say otherwise but truth is truth. Even that bastion of liberal media, MSNBC, has stopped running from and distorting the truth:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42201792/ns/polit...
For liberals who are in denial, the hard fact is, Bush got congress' approval for both of his wars but President Obama did not for this first war of his own doing. It's true that Bush's opinion was that he didn't need congress' approval for actions like his, but Democrats(!)'encouraged' him to do so. So he took the advice of Democratic leadership (Tom Daschle) and got congress' approval. Even the Democratic-controlled senate sided with Bush.
Here's another thing those in liberal land aren't going to like. Congress, including a Democratic-controlled Senate, agreed it was the right thing to do. That means that both wars weren't just Bush's wars. Congress, including both parties within it, owned them too.
Of course the response from the left will be that 'Bush lied' to get congress' approval. Problem with that is, just like Bush, congress believed the intelligence reports from all over the world that Saddam had WMD. Yes, much of that intelligence appears to have been exaggerated by the intelligence-gatherers. Presidents and congresses can't gather intelligence themselves. They're dependent on 'professionals' to do that for them and they have to make decisions on whatever information they're given. Truth is, congress (including Democrats) believed the intelligence reports just like Bush did. It's only a "lie" if you knowing tell something untruthful but both Bush AND congress believed the reports. True enough, both Bush and congress told us something that wasn't true but they didn't know that. Neither willfully lied.
To the extent, however, that you think Bush lied to congress, congress (including the Democratic senate) ALSO lied to the American people for the same reasons. Congress, as The People's representatives gave their approval for those wars based on the same information Bush had. It's just as valid for me to say my representatives in congress lied to me via their approval votes based on the same information Bush had. If Bush doesn't have clean hands, neither does congress, Republicans or Democrats.
For those of you who will still believe that Bush lied, I'd like to ask you the following. If you condemn Bush for lying, what do you say to Obama who is the only president in a long time who didn't get congress' approval for an act of war? We can have no assurance whatsoever that Obama is being truthful about his acts of war in Libya. Which is worse, having a president being open with congress about the intelligence he has and his reasons, therefore, for going to war OR having a president who won't discuss his authority, reasons or end-game for a war with congress in the first place? Which president's actions are more unconstitutional? Which president did not take the opposition party leadership's advice to present his cases (for acts of war) to congress"?
Wow, you wasted a lot of space there Skippy.

Democrats supported the Iraq Invasion because George W Bush told them that Iraq had active chemical weapon labs, active nuclear weapon programs & even said they may already have bomb that they would sell to terrorist groups.

THAT is how your hero Bush lied about Iraq to get thew votes to invade. Everyone knows this

Congress only had the information the Executive branch provided. You are lying when you say that Congress had the same info as the White House.

I have further news, we did not invade Libya.

“Stop Child Soliders”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1158112 Jun 28, 2014
Conspiracy to Provide Material Support and Resources to Terrorist Resulting in Death

Folks, it states "terrorist" not a protest group.

Since: May 14

Location hidden

#1158113 Jun 28, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
I noticed that the grand jury indictment failed to mention "spontaneous protest related to a video."
I wouldn't be the least bit surprise if the terrorist attempts to use the admin's words as his defense.
What difference does it make?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1158114 Jun 28, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
Conspiracy to Provide Material Support and Resources to Terrorist Resulting in Death
Folks, it states "terrorist" not a protest group.
why wouldn't they be one and the same? your mind is very small and limited in its abilities....

“Stop Child Soliders”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1158115 Jun 28, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>then you really know nothing about legal defense, do you? what would htat have to do with his indictment or the charges filed?
maybe you should volunteer to represent him!?!
I see you are bluffing.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1158116 Jun 28, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you are bluffing.
no, no you not.. you can't even use that word correctly...

i see you are making an ass of yourself again...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1158117 Jun 28, 2014
Government Slugs Living Big on Taxpayer Dollars:

WASHINGTON – The Environmental Protection Agency will spend more than $1 million on hotel accommodations for an “Environmental Justice” conference this fall.

The agency posted its intention to contract with the Renaissance Arlington Local Capital View Hotel for its upcoming public meeting, for which it will need to book 195 rooms for 24 days.

“The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (U.S. EPA), Office of Enforcement and Compliance, Office of Environmental Justice (OEJ) intends to award a fixed-price Purchase Order … to the Renaissance Arlington Local Capital View Hotel,” the solicitation said.“The purpose of this acquisition is to cover the cost of 195 sleeping room nights from Sept. 9 [to] Oct 2, 2014, at government rate for the 50th public meeting of the National Environmental Justice Advisory Council (NEJAC), a federal advisory committee of the EPA.”

Rooms at the Renaissance Arlington run for roughly $349 a night. At 24 nights, the cost of 195 rooms will reach $1,633,320, or $8,376 per room.

The government per diem rate for lodging is $219 for September. If the EPA receives the per diem rate, the cost will come to $1,024,920 for the duration of their stay.

The NEJAC was established in 1993 to “obtain independent, consensus advice and recommendations from a broad spectrum of stakeholders involved in environmental justice.”

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min positronium 189,906
News Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 26 min Graham Cracker 51,764
amy 6-2 30 min RACE 29
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 1 hr RACE 900
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr RACE 5,256
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr IB DaMann 53,607
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 4 hr Ratloder 70,045
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]