Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1394707 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1158971 Jun 30, 2014
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>That depends on what your definition of is is.
You should have been a lawyer my young Padawan.
SCOTUS said that the individual mandate was Constitutional ONLY as a TAX.....

the Court shitcanned the Commerce Clause argument....
Donnie

United States

#1158972 Jun 30, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Roxlo thinks that if your insurance policy includes birth control that you have to have use that birth control.
Roxlo is dumber than sh*t.
Why should someone who doesn't need contraceptives pay for someone else's contraceptives? I thought you liberals wanted everyone OUT of your sex lives and OUT of your personal sexual choices?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1158973 Jun 30, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The birth control methods Hobby Lobby objects to are designed to prevent pregnancy. They are not abortions.
By not offering these methods, Hobby Lobby is basically making BC decisions for some of their employees.
"What difference does it make?"......

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1158974 Jun 30, 2014
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Already trying to weasel out of it? Never mind, I wouldn't actually allow you anywhere close enough to KMA. Let me know when Zimmerman is anything other that a scared little Pedro, who caps kids for fun.
What the tolerant little libtard you are Melvin!!! And a racist too!!!!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1158975 Jun 30, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Goldwater was praised by Ted Kennedy and Hillary Clinton.
Yet, he advocated cutting welfare, agriculture subsidies, and laws permitting unionization.
He supported abortion and would have supported gay marriage.
Yet Reagan's stump speech for Goldwater in 1964 included his saying this:
"You and I are told we must choose between a left or right, but I suggest there is no such thing as a left or right. There is only an up or down. Up to man's age-old dream-the maximum of individual freedom consistent with order or down to the ant heap of totalitarianism...
"The Founding Fathers knew a government can't control the economy without controlling people. And they knew when a government sets out to do that, it must use force and coercion to achieve its purpose. So we have come to a time for choosing."
An economic/capitalistic conservative and social liberal is what I'd call him. He had the conservative part down pat, however. Still an enigma of sorts.
real Conservatives want the government to stay out of their lives.....

evangelical faux-conservatives want the government to control their lives....

that is Galt's last word to you on this subject.....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1158976 Jun 30, 2014
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Already trying to weasel out of it? Never mind, I wouldn't actually allow you anywhere close enough to KMA. Let me know when Zimmerman is anything other that a scared little Pedro, who caps kids for fun.
a little more racism from the fake schoolteacher.....

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1158977 Jun 30, 2014
Olive Oil wrote:
<quoted text>
Hobby Lobby IS NOT making health decisions for their employees!
They are making a business decision to not cover "added" birth control coverage etc. to their employees Health Insurance Coverage based on their moral & ethical Religious principles.
<quoted text>
This IS NOT a Gender issue.
It's a Faith-based issue.
All 3 of those female Supreme Court Leftists are uber-Liberals.
< Waiting for that Ruth Hag Ginsburg to drop already. Ugly as sin. And old as dirt! >.
Yea New Yawk. You just showed us the type of Christian you are, wishing death on those you despise.

You should be ashamed of yourself!!

Pious bullshit does not mask a wicked heart.
Olive Oil

Buffalo, NY

#1158978 Jun 30, 2014
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>
You should have been a lawyer my young Padawan.
There's just one problem with that, My Klem ...

They were a Monastic, spiritual Organization.

Don't think Ms. Gulch would be having any of that "nonsense" !

Bye Kadiddle - For The Jedi:

PS Did you know The Catholic Rosary Beads were adopted and adapted from Arab prayer beads?

Location hidden

#1158979 Jun 30, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
It was better explained in my last post.
But Goldwater was the liberals' conservative sweetheart because of his social liberalism and the economic conservative conservatives' sweetheart because of his strong stance against big government.
But the liberals on here can't demonize his stance on states rights during the passing of the Civil Rights Act and claim he's one of their own at the same time.
You see the problem with that, I'm sure. Even though I understand you're also an economic conservative and a social liberal too.
Even the conservatives are laughing at you.

It's time for you to leave. For good, as you've repeatedly promised.

You make a fool of yourself and embarass true conservatives.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1158980 Jun 30, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear Obamabot:
Goldwater correctly opposed the Civil Rights Act on Constitutional grounds, not because of racism....
Sincerely,
Galt
Dear Stupidfck,

I understand that, Homer never called Goldwater a racist.

Sincerely,

Homer

Since: May 11

Carlisle, PA

#1158981 Jun 30, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Dave, independents don't like Obama's policies according to the polls.
You need to stop your simplistic us v them.
Independents give Republican policies (Congress) a 13% approval rating.

How does that compare with the Independents view of Obama's policies?

“Depends on the Day”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1158982 Jun 30, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The birth control methods Hobby Lobby objects to are designed to prevent pregnancy. They are not abortions.
By not offering these methods, Hobby Lobby is basically making BC decisions for some of their employees.
Hobby Lobby is offering to pay for 16 birth control methods.

We all know the ACA is limiting the drugs that are paid for under their plans. It seems bogus that any Progressive would complain about just one set of drugs being limited by a few businesses while others which are life supporting are not covered.

The Dems added a religious exemption to ACA and now want to whine that their exemption is anti-women. Good grief-folks.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1158983 Jun 30, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
real Conservatives want the government to stay out of their lives.....
evangelical faux-conservatives want the government to control their lives....
that is Galt's last word to you on this subject.....
Agree
Agree
Doubtful

Location hidden

#1158984 Jun 30, 2014
Confidence In Supreme Court Hits Record Low, Poll Finds

"A new poll released just as the Supreme Court dealt significant blows to women and workers finds that Americans' confidence in the judicial branch is at a record low.

The Gallup survey released Monday found that just 30 percent of respondents have a "great deal" or a "quite a lot" of confidence in the high court, down seven points from the 2012 survey and marking the lowest approval number for the court since Gallup first started tracking confidence in the court in 1973. The court has not received approval ratings above 40 percent since 2007, one year after George W. Bush appointee Samuel Alito's confirmation.

The poll was conducted June 5 through June 8, well before Monday's high profile decisions were handed down."

“Depends on the Day”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1158985 Jun 30, 2014
Donnie wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should someone who doesn't need contraceptives pay for someone else's contraceptives? I thought you liberals wanted everyone OUT of your sex lives and OUT of your personal sexual choices?
Whatever did women do about birth control three years ago before Obamacare became law?
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1158986 Jun 30, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
If we no longer seek a greater power to govern ourselves and society can no longer draw a clear line between right and wrong or distinguish common sense between PC correctness, we have nowhere else to look but government. Then "we, the people" will surrender to the elite few and corruption in high places.
The direction of this country will depend on who - and what - the majority chooses.
Greater power? An invisible greater power? Kinda like the one that the crazy azz fundamentalist Muslims subscribe to? By way of the Old Testament__do da name Abraham ring a familiah note babe?

Listen up doll__you can't fk up in step two before you fk up in step one.

Eh?
Donnie

United States

#1158987 Jun 30, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
Confidence In Supreme Court Hits Record Low, Poll Finds
"A new poll released just as the Supreme Court dealt significant blows to women and workers finds that Americans' confidence in the judicial branch is at a record low.
The Gallup survey released Monday found that just 30 percent of respondents have a "great deal" or a "quite a lot" of confidence in the high court, down seven points from the 2012 survey and marking the lowest approval number for the court since Gallup first started tracking confidence in the court in 1973. The court has not received approval ratings above 40 percent since 2007, one year after George W. Bush appointee Samuel Alito's confirmation.
The poll was conducted June 5 through June 8, well before Monday's high profile decisions were handed down."
They have to re-do that poll in July with their recent rulings there should be a significant jump up in their standings! When our government follows the U.S. Constitution freedom loving Americans WIN.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#1158988 Jun 30, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
We all know that a secure border would prevent entry in the first place.
SO would some updated legislation...requiring ENFORCMENT of current Laws.

What the ell kind of person/people would send ANY minor children off to such UNknowns to start with???

Where the heck are other countries even getting the idea, that should they no longer wish to take care of THEIR children--dats okay--just ship 'em of into the hells of the unknown and maybe they'll land in the U.S.A.

WTH??????????

Whowhat DOES that kind INSANE stuff??????????

Shame on THEM!!!!!!!!!!

PENALIZE the COUNTRIES allowing it to start with!!!!!!!!!!
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1158989 Jun 30, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
You're talking thru your ass again. No such exemption exists.
Are you dealing with a TBI?? It appears so.
That poor feller thinks that everywhere is just like where he lives.

Maybe he lives with Flacko.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#1158990 Jun 30, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever did women do about birth control three years ago before Obamacare became law?
The ones with some actual working BRAIN CELLS--had NO PROBLEM obtaining b/c-for over THIRTY FIVE years now!
This nation has just lost it's frgn marbles the past few years!

UNflippin REAL!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 15 min Into The Night 60,029
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 43 min Rogue Scholar 05 216,581
News Chicago Reacts to Orlando Shooting 4 hr Fa-Foxy 10
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 4 hr Anthony Scarpuzzi... 1,660
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 6 hr GEORGIA 2,681
last post wins! (Dec '10) 6 hr Retired SOF 2,130
Word (Dec '08) 6 hr GEORGIA 6,401
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 7 hr Dregs Historian 102,451
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages