Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1264171 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Amy

United States

#1157880 Jun 28, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Look, dipstick, the comment was a 5% flat tax for corporations & I see you couldn't answer who would make up the difference.
Looking at just tax rates is misleading. The US system has a much broader tax law allowing deductions. We have no VAT.
Stop being disrespectful I haven't called you a derogatory name have I? Corporate tax code in the US has more taxes than in other countries on top of the highest rate for corporate tax of 35%. Like the tax rate on inventories is a constant problem for corporations.
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1157881 Jun 28, 2014
only 40 percent of liberal American fascist Obama voters say they often feel proud to be Americans.

Liberalism is a mental disorder!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/w...
Nostrilis Waxman

San Jose, CA

#1157882 Jun 28, 2014
Spending every minute of my life as opposed to only 40 percent of it here on Topix while judging my own posts as brilliant and funny is also a mental disorder!!!

Baaaaaahaaaaahaaa!!
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1157883 Jun 28, 2014
Amy wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Didn't answer who got the Iraqi oil the correct answer is China.
2. The Kuwaitis gave us fuel for a big chunk of our time in Iraq something that is totally ignored by MSM for some unknown reason but was widely known by those who actually transported the fuel.
3. Iraq DID HAVE WMD'S in the form of chemical compounds during Desert Storm many US soldiers suffered a debilitating symptoms later called Gulf War Syndrome.
4. Halliburton/KBR(Kellogg, Brown & Root) during the last part of the Iraqi Enduring Freedom
LOGCAPIII-LOGCAPIV had contracts cancelled and given to TCN(third country national) companies and guess what they couldn't fulfill the contract up to standards. So there was a reason this companies was chosen besides what liberals claim.
5. Saddam supported terrorism that is indisputable.
6. Saddam's evil deeds were ongoing he invaded Kuwait, he murdered untold numbers of his our fellow citizens, he and his two sons, Uday and Qusay, kidnapped, raped and murdered college students for sport.
7. The larger goal for making Iraq a safe zone for Iraqis and our former allies in the Middle East (Israel, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Jordan, Kuwait) and ourselves it was in our national security interest to stop nuclear capable Iran but since Obama policies have been in play the entire area has imploded. Iran is hardly contained in fact they are significantly stronger than before Obama became president.
Gibberish__pure right wing line easily debunked.#3 for instance__think aluminum tubes, Nigerian yellowcake and mushroom cloud. Think about Colin Powell's speech to the UN.

Tripe like yours has been posted on this thread since day one (6 years ago)

And the little dog laughed.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1157884 Jun 28, 2014
Follow Post coverage today as Fla. Dems meet, Bill Clinton speak

Follow The Palm Beach Post’s coverage throughout the day today of the Florida Democratic Party’s Leadership Blue event, featuring former President Bill Clinton, in Broward County.

Post reporter Christine Stapleton will file regular updates on Twitter @StapletonPBPost and on Facebook, and the Post on Politics blog as the party’s caucuses meet throughout the day.

Coverage begins at 9 a.m. at the meeting of the Senior Caucus, followed by the Hispanic, Black, Gay and Women’s caucuses.

Clinton is scheduled to speak at the gala dinner, which begins at 7 p.m. The event is being held at the Westin Diplomat Hotel in Hollywood.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1157885 Jun 28, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Gibberish__pure right wing line easily debunked.#3 for instance__think aluminum tubes, Nigerian yellowcake and mushroom cloud. Think about Colin Powell's speech to the UN.
So who is Amy? Roxlo aka Whatever aka Jason Jay!? lol
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1157886 Jun 28, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
Spending every minute of my life as opposed to only 40 percent of it here on Topix while judging my own posts as brilliant and funny is also a mental disorder!!!
Baaaaaahaaaaahaaa!!
Soooo true, a mental disorder of the highest. Without doubt Waxnut is the most deranged obsessive idiot on here.
Nostrilis Waxman

San Jose, CA

#1157887 Jun 28, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Soooo true, a mental disorder of the highest. Without doubt Waxnut is the most deranged obsessive idiot on here.
I will take that as a compliment!!!!!!!!!! Thank you.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1157888 Jun 28, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks like they're doing a pretty good job of taking one city after another and are threatening to overtake Baghdad and why Obama had to do something...if it's not too late.
Secretary of State John Kerry said ISIS is “more extreme than even al- Qaeda” and are a threat to the interests of the U.S. and its allies.
Uninformed again doll? It's been widely reported that there were about 90,000 Iraqi military and police in NinevaH Provence (Mosul). They were equipped with US tanks and APC's, Humvees, and well armed.

How many ISIS fighters do you suppose there were when Mosul fell babe? And those guy's were driving Nissan and Toyota pick up trucks.

The mostly Sunni Iraq military and police in that area wouldn't fight, rather they removed their uniforms and abandoned their posts, weapons and equipment.

The Kurds__didn't run and ISIS avoided them.

The Shiite militias won't run either.

You are clueless on this subject too.
Amy

United States

#1157889 Jun 28, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Gibberish__pure right wing line easily debunked.#3 for instance__think aluminum tubes, Nigerian yellowcake and mushroom cloud. Think about Colin Powell's speech to the UN.
Then debunk it, Jethro Clampett, because you're bluffing and your not very good at it either! I know what the factual evidence is and everything I posted is correct. You're obviously out of your depth and floundering badly. Hardly my problem or concern.
Amy

United States

#1157890 Jun 28, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
So who is Amy? Roxlo aka Whatever aka Jason Jay!? lol
Are you drinking this morning? The reason I asked is when I answer your question I don't want to ask me all over again the next time I post and heavy drinkers and memory well I'm sure you know....

I'm a 35 year old professional, mother of two and married. I have traveled extensively, an avid equestrian and love the great outdoors.
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1157891 Jun 28, 2014
Amy wrote:
<quoted text>
Then debunk it, Jethro Clampett, because you're bluffing and your not very good at it either! I know what the factual evidence is and everything I posted is correct. You're obviously out of your depth and floundering badly. Hardly my problem or concern.
My,my Ellie May, did you get disrespectful in a hurry when confronted with the facts. Are you also stamping your feet as you reassure yourself of your propaganda?

Since: May 14

Location hidden

#1157892 Jun 28, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
only 40 percent of liberal American fascist Obama voters say they often feel proud to be Americans.
Liberalism is a mental disorder!
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/w...
I'm proud to be a liberal American rather than a paranoid right wing moron.

Location hidden

#1157893 Jun 28, 2014
Amy wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Didn't answer who got the Iraqi oil the correct answer is China.
2. The Kuwaitis gave us fuel for a big chunk of our time in Iraq something that is totally ignored by MSM for some unknown reason but was widely known by those who actually transported the fuel.
3. Iraq DID HAVE WMD'S in the form of chemical compounds during Desert Storm many US soldiers suffered a debilitating symptoms later called Gulf War Syndrome.
4. Halliburton/KBR(Kellogg, Brown & Root) during the last part of the Iraqi Enduring Freedom
LOGCAPIII-LOGCAPIV had contracts cancelled and given to TCN(third country national) companies and guess what they couldn't fulfill the contract up to standards. So there was a reason this companies was chosen besides what liberals claim.
5. Saddam supported terrorism that is indisputable.
6. Saddam's evil deeds were ongoing he invaded Kuwait, he murdered untold numbers of his our fellow citizens, he and his two sons, Uday and Qusay, kidnapped, raped and murdered college students for sport.
7. The larger goal for making Iraq a safe zone for Iraqis and our former allies in the Middle East (Israel, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Jordan, Kuwait) and ourselves it was in our national security interest to stop nuclear capable Iran but since Obama policies have been in play the entire area has imploded. Iran is hardly contained in fact they are significantly stronger than before Obama became president.
Debunked.

Location hidden

#1157894 Jun 28, 2014
Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
Thought I'd be somewhere else didn't you lib? Yobama is embracing IRAN and IRAN has nothing to do with TEA Party.
Libs=(-)000.5 I.Q.
Instead of spending all day whining, why not share with us personal anecdotes describing what Obama has done to make your life miserable and turn you into a loser.

Location hidden

#1157895 Jun 28, 2014
Amy wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you drinking this morning? The reason I asked is when I answer your question I don't want to ask me all over again the next time I post and heavy drinkers and memory well I'm sure you know....
I'm a 35 year old professional, mother of two and married. I have traveled extensively, an avid equestrian and love the great outdoors.
Is that old professional or oldest profession?
Amy

United States

#1157896 Jun 28, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
My,my Ellie May, did you get disrespectful in a hurry when confronted with the facts. Are you also stamping your feet as you reassure yourself of your propaganda?
I didn't realize Jethro had a brother. No facts so far from you or Jethro just parroting and when confronted with facts Jethro resorts to name calling. Don't expect respect if your not willing to give it.
Amy

United States

#1157897 Jun 28, 2014
Nostrilis Waxmoron wrote:
<quoted text>
Debunked.
Mindless parrot.
PDUPONT

Belchertown, MA

#1157898 Jun 28, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Articles of Impeachment Against Obama
Submitted to Congress by the National Black Republicans Association
http://blackrepublican.blogspot.com/2013/08/b...
Yeah, you've posted this drivel before Carol and none of the articles by this right wing lunatic fringe group stands up to even casual scrutiny.
This was filed almost a year ago and has the House acted upon it? No, because they know that if they did and it went to trial in the Senate the whole case would collapse like a house of cards. It takes 67 votes to convict in the Senate . Since the Republics currently hold 47 seats they would need to gain 20 more and since there's 21 Democratic seats up for grabs the GOP would have to run the table which is impossible. Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Delaware, Illinois, New Mexico and Hawaii are safe Democratic seats and there are eight more states that are likely Democratic win or leaning in that direction. So even if the GOP took control of the Senate they wouldn't remotely have enough votes for a conviction.
Sorry Carol, it's just not going to happen.
Amy

United States

#1157899 Jun 28, 2014
Nostrilis Waxmoron wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that old professional or oldest profession?
Libs always go to the lowest denominator. So predictable and boring.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Jacques Ottawa 194,654
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr IBdaMann 54,341
News Lollapalooza day two marked by angst, apathy-an... 5 hr chimpcago 1
Please SUBSCRIBE to my YOUTUBE channel for awes... 6 hr The Cloud 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 7 hr CrunchyBacon 100,287
News Fatal heat wave 20 years ago changed Chicago's ... 11 hr No8isClassic 8
Can't these people do better? 11 hr Magonigol 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages