Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1417250 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1158273 Jun 29, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey stupid! One quarter doesn't indicate a trend.
A number of factors were behind the contraction in the economy in the first quarter. The big drag was the difficult winter, which caused consumers to postpone spending, disrupted production, led businesses to hold off on investment, and caused construction delays. Consumer spending growth was weak.… But the contraction in the first quarter is old news, and things are looking much better for the rest of this year. Most importantly the labor market remains solid.–Gus Faucher, PNC Financial Services Group
More up-to-date data show that activity is rebounding in the second quarter. Indeed, May’s durables goods orders suggest that business investment is growing again.… In short, the larger contraction in GDP in the first quarter is not a sign that the US is suffering from a fundamental slowdown – it was still largely due to the extreme weather. The latest data are consistent with growth in the second quarter rebounding to at least 3.0%.–Paul Dales, Capital Economics
You're an idiot; you always have been and always will be!
Not to mention rising consumer confidence numbers tied to job growth.
Jenks

United States

#1158274 Jun 29, 2014
The VA has spent just under 500 million dollars on solar panels and windmills...meanwhile are vets die from lack of care!
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1158275 Jun 29, 2014
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"yuck"
Benghazi? Do you mean the place where 4 American's were killed while the boy president nobama hid under his bed? That Benghazi? In as much as you asked is "anyone here Now"?, no the 4 American's are gone and the boy president nobama could care less.
Peace
KMA
GPUAR
Who said he was hiding under his bed you ignorant, racist piece of canine excrement?
Let's look at all the "Benghazis" that happened under Bush's watch;
June 14, 2002, U.S. consulate in Karachi, Pakistan
Suicide bomber kills 12 and injures 51.
February 20, 2003, international diplomatic compound in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Truck bomb kills 17.
February 28, 2003, U.S. consulate in Karachi, Pakistan
Gunmen on motorcycles killed two consulate guards.
July 30, 2004, U.S. embassy in Taskkent, Uzbekistan
Suicide bomber kills two.
December 6, 2004, U.S. consulate in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Militants stormed and occupied perimeter wall. Five killed, 10 wounded.
March 2, 2006, U.S. consulate in Karachi, Pakistan
Suicide car bomber killed four, including a U.S. diplomate directly targeted by the assailants.
September 12, 2006, U.S. embassy in Damascus, Syria
Gunmen attacked embassy with grenades, automatic weapons, and a car bomb (though second truck bomb failed to detonate). One killed and 13 wounded.
January 12, 2007, U.S. embassy in Athens, Greece
A rocket-propelled grenade was fired at the embassy building. No one was injured.
July 9, 2008, U.S. consulate in Istanbul, Turkey
Armed men attacked consulate with pistols and shotguns. Three policemen killed.
March 18, 2008, U.S. embassy in Sana'a, Yemen
Mortar attack misses embassy, hits nearby girls' school instead.
September 17, 2008, U.S. embassy in Sana'a, Yemen
Militants dressed as policemen attacked the embassy with RPGs, rifles, grenades and car bombs. Six Yemeni soldiers and seven civilians were killed. Sixteen more were injured
And let's not forget about the big attack on 9/11/01 that he didn't lift a finger to prevent even though he got advanced warnings.
You're an idiot Eed; you always have been and always will be!
Jenks

United States

#1158276 Jun 29, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks to Bush and company there are lots of them. Where before there were none although they used that as a ploy to go there.
Blame Bush again. When Bush left the presidency Iraq was stable your boy yobama pounded his chest and took credit for Iraq and Biden the gaff master said that Iraq would probably be the biggest accomplishment of yobama's presidency.

Time to reevaluate you opinion boomer.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1158277 Jun 29, 2014
Lana wrote:
<quoted text>
That isn't true. Several allies all had the same intelligence the US had at that time. Congress approved going to Iraq both parties participated based on the intelligence findings. To say otherwise if patently false.
Oil in Iraq belongs to the government of Iraq and they chose to sell the bulk of their oil being pumped to China. Halliburton and a subsidiary KBR was awarded contracts based on their abilities to supply what the military demanded and they did for several years. Then later much haranguing from the democratic side of Congress the contracts were instead awarded to what is called at that time TCN or Third Country National own entities who began filling the contracts but immediately serious problems arose. Non compliance and system failures not fulfilling requirements or failures of completion of mission and the military could not rely on these companies so many contracts were transferred and re-awarded to Halliburton/KBR.
That is a fact my husband was in that country when all of this took place.
Sounds like your hubs was with Kellogg Brown and Root, the company you also mentioned yesterday while posting as Amy.

Ho hum__looks like we've got another lying phony on board.

"twenty five billion tops, slam dunk, the Iraqi's will be throwing rose petals at our troops and the oil will pay for the reconstruction."

You're pathetic!
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1158278 Jun 29, 2014
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"poop"
Prominent democat, former president, willie clinton, did not serve, dodged the draft.
Peace
KMA
GPUAR
Wrong again stupid! Clinton made himself available for the draft when he resigned from ROTC but had a high number and wasn't called up.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1158279 Jun 29, 2014
Jenks wrote:
The VA has spent just under 500 million dollars on solar panels and windmills...meanwhile are vets die from lack of care!
While Republicans have continued to cut their funds. This has been an on going problem for 50 years, thanks again to Bush and company we now have millions more in demand, so naturally it has gotten worse.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1158280 Jun 29, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds like your hubs was with Kellogg Brown and Root, the company you also mentioned yesterday while posting as Amy.
"twenty five billion tops, slam dunk, the Iraqi's will be throwing rose petals at our troops and the oil will pay for the reconstruction."
You're pathetic!
Thanks Real, you are far better at explaining all of that than I am.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1158281 Jun 29, 2014
Lana wrote:
<quoted text>
You are reciting what you want to believe that is your constitutional right so is being a blind idiot but none of that changes the facts of what I posted.
Facts are like Kryptonite to Republicans.
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1158282 Jun 29, 2014
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"pdumb"
When I want to see an idiot I simply read one of your idiotic posts.
Peace
KMA
GPUAR
And once again "Eed" proves that he couldn't mount an effective counterargument if his life depended on it.
Lana

United States

#1158283 Jun 29, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds like your hubs was with Kellogg Brown and Root, the company you also mentioned yesterday while posting as Amy.
You're pathetic!
Again you are wrong. I don't know anyone who worked in the State Department and their wife name was Amy there may be someone with that name I didn't know everyone who worked there or their spouses.
Lana

United States

#1158284 Jun 29, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Facts are like Kryptonite to Republicans.
You answer identifies you as a ideologue therefore your understanding and opinions are inherit for limitations.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1158285 Jun 29, 2014
Lana wrote:
<quoted text>
You answer identifies you as a ideologue therefore your understanding and opinions are inherit for limitations.
Sure and you are all about the facts...Huh Amy? Or what ever other name you baggers can use in a failed attempt at gaining credibility.
Lana

United States

#1158286 Jun 29, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure and you are all about the facts...Huh Amy? Or what ever other name you baggers can use in a failed attempt at gaining credibility.
Again you are wrong. I told you I don't know anything about Amy. I've used 2 names on Topix and I explained why earlier this morning.

Again you are wrong. I never attended or socialize with anyone who is a member of the TEA Party and I am not a member or ever attended any of their meetings.

Keep making false statements about me it only validates how much of an ideologue you really are as a person.

Since: May 11

Carlisle, PA

#1158287 Jun 29, 2014
Lana wrote:
<quoted text>
That isn't true. Several allies all had the same intelligence the US had at that time. Congress approved going to Iraq both parties participated based on the intelligence findings. To say otherwise if patently false.
Oil in Iraq belongs to the government of Iraq and they chose to sell the bulk of their oil being pumped to China. Halliburton and a subsidiary KBR was awarded contracts based on their abilities to supply what the military demanded and they did for several years. Then later much haranguing from the democratic side of Congress the contracts were instead awarded to what is called at that time TCN or Third Country National own entities who began filling the contracts but immediately serious problems arose. Non compliance and system failures not fulfilling requirements or failures of completion of mission and the military could not rely on these companies so many contracts were transferred and re-awarded to Halliburton/KBR.
That is a fact my husband was in that country when all of this took place.
1) Your claim everyone had the same intelligence is wrong. dIck Cheney was pushing the CIA for intel that would give cause to war. They ignored intel that said Iraq had no nuclear program or active chemical weapons programs. The Bush Administration pushed this intel onto our allies.

2) Why was Halliburtion & their spin off KBR the only companies that could handle the Iraq job & thereby get awarded billions in no bid contracts. Why were they the only company prepared to do it.

3) Iraq is selling oil now to China because Bush's plan failed. Bush had hoped topcreaye a oil rich friendly Iraq.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1158288 Jun 29, 2014
Lana wrote:
<quoted text>
Again you are wrong. I don't know anyone who worked in the State Department and their wife name was Amy there may be someone with that name I didn't know everyone who worked there or their spouses.
Well, whoever you are__the Bush apology tour has been running through this thread for six years and there's nothing you can post that hasn't been posted and debunked already. Frankly, some of the rightie tighties on here are on their dozenth repeat cycle.

So have fun sweetcheeks but if you expect to be taken seriously you better check out one of the game threads.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1158289 Jun 29, 2014
Lana wrote:
<quoted text>
Again you are wrong. I told you I don't know anything about Amy. I've used 2 names on Topix and I explained why earlier this morning.
Again you are wrong. I never attended or socialize with anyone who is a member of the TEA Party and I am not a member or ever attended any of their meetings.
Keep making false statements about me it only validates how much of an ideologue you really are as a person.
Sooo you don't consider yourself an Ideologue? But all that disagree are. You have a little bit of a carol flavor sound to me. But then again most all on the right have that air of superiority and self righteousness about them.
Lana

United States

#1158290 Jun 29, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Well, whoever you are__the Bush apology tour has been running through this thread for six years and there's nothing you can post that hasn't been posted and debunked already. Frankly, some of the rightie tighties on here are on their dozenth repeat cycle.
So have fun sweetcheeks but if you expect to be taken seriously you better check out one of the game threads.
I profoundly disagree and I think there is more than enough evidence for my personal opinion so I guess we'll disagree.

So you have fun sweatcheeks and I'll try to take you more seriously if I read one of your posts in the future.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1158291 Jun 29, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Does that make you feel better about your worthless self. I served you did not, Obama has been far more effective against terrorist than was Bozo and Snarly. I suspect that the bulk of your misery stems from having always been an under achiever, probably uglier than Mitch McConnell, the inability to adjust to society while allowing your body to explode along with having no self worth. I suggest you take the cowards way out, copy your friend down in Mississippi. Do yourself and what ever relative that is willing to admit it a favor. Be a man just once.
You did not serve. I have never once, seen a soldier, wish death on a fellow American, you do it every day.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1158292 Jun 29, 2014
Every communist takeover in history has happened under the guise of “equality” and “fairness.” This is the same rhetoric we hear now coming from the O'bama administration. This is the same lie that has seen numerous revolutions succeed only to turn countries over into complete dictatorships and cess-pools of human enslavement and misery. I fear there is enough ignorance in this country to have this abomination become a total reality…

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 35 min Jacques in Orlean... 222,291
Word (Dec '08) 37 min RACE 6,685
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 37 min RACE 3,018
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr CrunchyBacon 103,420
abby8-24-16 1 hr RACE 1
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Enough Said 60,995
last post wins! (Dec '10) 3 hr Red_Forman 2,405

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages