Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Patrick

United States

#1156547 Jun 25, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
one quarter down, one quarter to go.....
his brain is melting ,
one quarter to go?

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#1156548 Jun 25, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
You should listen to Galt; he's right on that, but we';re grateful for you teapartyers who keep the fire going on gay marriage and abortion. You'll never get a candidate in the White House.
Nothing ever changes for these self-identified welfare frauders...nice to see your keeping up the good fight, but I can't stand the creeps long enough to comment to them.

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#1156549 Jun 25, 2014
your + you're
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1156550 Jun 25, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Koskinen is a Finn!!
And he laughed his azz off as the (R) committee members, taunted them too.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1156551 Jun 25, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Not wanting a job does not mean without income.
Students supported by parents
Retired people
Spouses that don't need / want to work.
People living off of investments.
And really, OMG people don't have to work at a job because without they couldn't afford health insurance.
if you can't afford medical insurance without a taxpayer subsidy, then get a job....
Olive Oil

Buffalo, NY

#1156552 Jun 25, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
leave religion out of politics and we can get along fine.....
you see, many conservatives do not share your desire to control people's personal lives....
As soon as the issue of gay marriage and abortion come up in politics faith/religion factors in, you know this.

Though I agree, "government" should not control people's personal lives - unfortunately they do. Whether from the left or the right.

And if you think Secular Humanism is not a belief system synonymous with a Religion, you're wrong. It has all the components of a Faith Belief System/Religion.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1156553 Jun 25, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>And he laughed his azz off as the (R) committee members, taunted them too.
not a good strategy for someone with criminal liability....
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1156554 Jun 25, 2014
leosnana wrote:
your + you're
leo 2 april 2014
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text> Come on now, rockslow, you really out to get to bed before you get to arguing about seventeen candidates.
Nostrilis Waxman

San Jose, CA

#1156555 Jun 25, 2014
Judgit meltdown in on the way!!!!

“Stop Child Soliders”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1156556 Jun 25, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I get it. You just post stuff you don't agree with.
What's next, the "quotation marks" defense?
Keep whining!

Since: Jan 11

Bordentown, NJ

#1156557 Jun 25, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>During the Vietnam war many, very many Mormons received conscientious objector status while many more were excused for mission duty. My platoon's medic was Mormon and a conscientious objector who was in disbelief that he would end up up serving in the field as a medic in an Infantry company.
He had hoped for a noncombat role.
He was a very good, brave medic and never did carry a weapon but would hump ammo when asked to.
That's interesting. The objection would be on an individual basis. The church is anti war, but discourages conscientious objection. The church does recognize the individual's right to object.

A Mormon tank commander/instructor I knew cold cocked an insubordinate trainee at Ft. Knox.
You get all kinds.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1156558 Jun 25, 2014
Signs the Progressive 'you did not build that economy' is on fire!

'The Commerce Department said on Wednesday gross domestic product fell at a 2.9 percent annual rate, the economy's worst performance in five years, instead of the 1.0 percent pace it had reported last month.'

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101787838
NuculurGhostSurp riZe

Palm Coast, FL

#1156559 Jun 25, 2014
Fake CALIFNostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
I am Fake Nostrilis Waxman. Lol!
Not Surprized! LOL
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1156560 Jun 25, 2014
them thar sutthern boys...

'Georgia is CNBC’s Top State for Business in 2014'

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101767549
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1156561 Jun 25, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep whining!
lol! That's better left to the 'experts' like you son!

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1156562 Jun 25, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone who supported bigger government & lower taxes is a Republican. George W Bush expanded the government & went to two wars while cutting taxes leading to the doubling of the debt & the worst recession in 80 years.
I bet you are so proud that you support his administration & those in Congress that enabled him (like Paul Ryan)
Bush-Bashers don't get to hold the mic very long in this present day of Affirmative Action horror stories.

Try sumpthin' diffrint, boy.
NuculurGhostSurp riZe

Palm Coast, FL

#1156563 Jun 25, 2014
<quoted text> I've noticed my balls are made of wax and my socks are working hard to make me believe I have a life and my life as a sockpuppt is transparent.
Not Surprized! LOL

Since: Jan 11

Bordentown, NJ

#1156564 Jun 25, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Relax you Libertarians can still knock off fetuses
Not if he is a religious one.:-)
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1156565 Jun 25, 2014
Olive Oil wrote:
<quoted text>
As soon as the issue of gay marriage and abortion come up in politics faith/religion factors in, you know this.
Though I agree, "government" should not control people's personal lives - unfortunately they do. Whether from the left or the right.
And if you think Secular Humanism is not a belief system synonymous with a Religion, you're wrong. It has all the components of a Faith Belief System/Religion.
why can't you accept that some people, even Conservatives who are religious, may oppose abortion as a moral issue, but do not presume to tell others how to live their lives???....

the zealous anti-abortion evangelicals are really a very small minority.....

nobody is forcing you to have an abortion...at least not yet....

besides, self-imposed black genocide is a good thing.....
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1156566 Jun 25, 2014
...once upon a time OCCUPY WALL ST supporters crapped on cars...

'US stocks finish higher; S&P 500 near record close'

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101788376

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
With apologies to "THE BEACH BOYS"! 18 min Glen Fry 1
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 37 min Cowobunga 50,775
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 39 min J RULES 70,156
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr IBdaMann 47,596
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 hr Zap Brannigan 98,564
ISIS Plans to Blow Up an Entire American City a... 4 hr stupid amerikan 139
Student arrested for 'passing gas' and turning ... (Nov '08) 4 hr RACE 5,663
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 hr Frank 179,677
Abby 10-30 4 hr RACE 18
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance