Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1621004 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1157950 Jun 28, 2014
Olive Oil wrote:
<quoted text>
The better question is, Why did Bush get ( below ) under a Democrat controlled Senate?:
"Congressional Approval For An Act Of War: Bush Versus Obama:
Folks of liberal persuasion aren't going to like hearing the truth but Bush Junior DID get congressional approval for his actions against BOTH Afghanistan and Iraq. I know that liberal PC talking points say otherwise but truth is truth. Even that bastion of liberal media, MSNBC, has stopped running from and distorting the truth:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42201792/ns/polit...
For liberals who are in denial, the hard fact is, Bush got congress' approval for both of his wars but President Obama did not for this first war of his own doing. It's true that Bush's opinion was that he didn't need congress' approval for actions like his, but Democrats(!)'encouraged' him to do so. So he took the advice of Democratic leadership (Tom Daschle) and got congress' approval. Even the Democratic-controlled senate sided with Bush.
Here's another thing those in liberal land aren't going to like. Congress, including a Democratic-controlled Senate, agreed it was the right thing to do. That means that both wars weren't just Bush's wars. Congress, including both parties within it, owned them too.
Of course the response from the left will be that 'Bush lied' to get congress' approval. Problem with that is, just like Bush, congress believed the intelligence reports from all over the world that Saddam had WMD. Yes, much of that intelligence appears to have been exaggerated by the intelligence-gatherers. Presidents and congresses can't gather intelligence themselves. They're dependent on 'professionals' to do that for them and they have to make decisions on whatever information they're given. Truth is, congress (including Democrats) believed the intelligence reports just like Bush did. It's only a "lie" if you knowing tell something untruthful but both Bush AND congress believed the reports. True enough, both Bush and congress told us something that wasn't true but they didn't know that. Neither willfully lied.
To the extent, however, that you think Bush lied to congress, congress (including the Democratic senate) ALSO lied to the American people for the same reasons. Congress, as The People's representatives gave their approval for those wars based on the same information Bush had. It's just as valid for me to say my representatives in congress lied to me via their approval votes based on the same information Bush had. If Bush doesn't have clean hands, neither does congress, Republicans or Democrats.
For those of you who will still believe that Bush lied, I'd like to ask you the following. If you condemn Bush for lying, what do you say to Obama who is the only president in a long time who didn't get congress' approval for an act of war? We can have no assurance whatsoever that Obama is being truthful about his acts of war in Libya. Which is worse, having a president being open with congress about the intelligence he has and his reasons, therefore, for going to war OR having a president who won't discuss his authority, reasons or end-game for a war with congress in the first place? Which president's actions are more unconstitutional? Which president did not take the opposition party leadership's advice to present his cases (for acts of war) to congress"?
Bush lie. Bush was cic. Bush was not instructed by Congress to invade or create a conflict with anyone. That was at HIS discretion based on information he gave Congress. And it's clear bushie was lying about wmd's.

So no matter how you slice and dice your claims to sink Congress with bushie boy, there was only one person in charge.
Nostrilis Waxman

Torrance, CA

#1157951 Jun 28, 2014
My old balls have turned to wax because I'm still being a total moron so early today? It's just the beginning of todays inevitable meltdown!!!!!!!!!!
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1157952 Jun 28, 2014
GayGhostsmama wrote:
<quoted text> Your old balls have turned to wax because you're still being a total moron so early today, Honey?
So says old blubber gut Waxman as he searches for his penis.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1157953 Jun 28, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
"Not work with the Dems"???? Cooperation is a two way street and it use to happen, but since Obama--it is Obama's way or NO way.
Your desperate use of slurs shows you don't even think this passes the "sniff" test.
lol! Then you people ought to quit claiming he doesn't work with the reich wing son!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1157954 Jun 28, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Brown bottle paranoia.
Everyone knows when I registered my name I had to change it from Whatever to RoxLo--no news bulletin there.
Amy obviously has more patience with the "let's just play dense" Progs here than I do.
'had to?'

Geez you sound like a kid making an argument for candy!
Nostrilis Waxman

Torrance, CA

#1157955 Jun 28, 2014
I think?? I have one small ball... Everyone should know! lol
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1157956 Jun 28, 2014
Olive Oil wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that why he cut them out of the decision- making process of his Obama Health Care?
Why he ignored and dismissed every one of their ideas RE: Tort Reform, Interstate Purchase of Health Care Plan/Coverage?
"They can ride along. But they have to ride in the back" ( in the back of the bus, implied ).
"Obama who is the only president in a long time who didn't get congress' approval for an act of war? Which president did not take the ( Republican ) Opposition Party Leadership's advice to present his cases (for acts of war) to congress"?
I JUST posted the above paragraph., Hot Damn dem! You've got a short-term memory
Problem ...
Baraq get ass-kicked has been self-imposed. Of his own making. And Putin still stompin'!
lol! He didn't cut them out.... they only wanted to discuss their agenda.

And as for tort reform, aside from protecting the health care providers from losing money, how did that either: 1) Improve health care or 2) Increase health care for all?

As I've said before, I would LOVE to have a business where the law protects limits my losses but provides unlimited income!

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1157957 Jun 28, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
So there are two people equally dumb? We know it's you so stop lying. You're like the rest of these stooges with various names. The weirdest part is when you talk to yourselves all night.
Whose "we"? You and all are socks?

lily back to whining because she thinks everyone should go to bed when she does.

Do you have anything of value to add here today or is it going to be another whine fest?

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Location hidden

#1157958 Jun 28, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>'had to?'
Geez you sound like a kid making an argument for candy!
How dense are you?
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1157959 Jun 28, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
My old balls have turned to wax because I'm still being a total moron so early today? It's just the beginning of todays inevitable meltdown!!!!!!!!!!
It's always just a matter of time with your psycho azz.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1157960 Jun 28, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
I think?? I have one small ball... Everyone should know! lol
Well if you do it's sitting on your neck.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1157961 Jun 28, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
lily back to whining because she thinks everyone should go to bed when she does.
Do you have anything of value to add here today or is it going to be another whine fest?
We all are still waiting on you to post anything of value, the proof of your stupid was provided your very first post.All down hill from there.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1157962 Jun 28, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Value is something you lack son.

And it never stopped you before!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1157963 Jun 28, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
How dense are you?
Not as much as you..... especially since you make up senseless arguments based on your opinions.

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Location hidden

#1157964 Jun 28, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
We all are still waiting on you to post anything of value, the proof of your stupid was provided your very first post.All down hill from there.
Whose "we"?

Get an ego check, Ghost. Your snarling and slurring at anyone who disagrees with Obama has made your opinions of others worthless.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1157965 Jun 28, 2014
lol! What reich wingers will do... and this is just to each other! What will they do to people the hate???

"GOP Candidate Charges Opponent Is Dead, Represented By A Body Double
Posted: 06/27/2014 12:36 pm EDT Updated: 06/27/2014 2:59 pm EDT
Print Article

WASHINGTON -- Political opponents accuse each other of lying all the time, but one Oklahoma congressional candidate took his accusation to a new level this week when he claimed his opponent was actually dead and being represented by a body double.

KFOR in Oklahoma reports that Timothy Ray Murray believes Rep. Frank Lucas (R-Okla.), his opponent in the congressional Republican primary, was executed three years ago and is being represented by a look-alike. Because he believes Lucas is really dead, Murray said he will challenge the results of Tuesday's Republican primary, in which Murray received 5.2 percent of the vote. Lucas won the primary with 82.8 percent of the vote.

"It is widely known Rep. Frank D. Lucas is no longer alive and has been displayed by a look alike. Rep. Lucas’ look alike was depicted as sentenced on a white stage in southern Ukraine on or about Jan. 11, 2011," Murray said in a statement posted on his campaign website. The statement claimed Lucas and “a few other” members of Congress from Oklahoma and other states were shown on television being hanged by “The World Court.”

"I am contesting that this matter has happen [sic] since his election was blocked, because of the U.S. Defense Department’s use of Mr. Murray's DNA. To my knowledge, the U.S. Defense Department has not released to the public that information, as it is their confidential information about many people," Murray's statement said...."
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1157966 Jun 28, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Whose "we"?
Get an ego check, Ghost. Your snarling and slurring at anyone who disagrees with Obama has made your opinions of others worthless.
Well thank goodness an idiot like you gets to decide...Because you are always wrong.Pusseeccee.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1157967 Jun 28, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Whose "we"?
lol! What's your problem son? You group people all the time....
Olive Oil

Buffalo, NY

#1157968 Jun 28, 2014
Nostrilis Waxmoron wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what's really boring? Its when some dumbass like you comes on here and claims that WMD's were found in Iraq. That is "the lowest denominator".
Just because they weren't "found" does not mean Saddam Hussein wasn't in possession of them up until the time he moved them out of Iraq into Syria.
He certainly had enough time, enough warning that we were going in.

What's dumb is to not believe Saddam Hussein wasn't smart enough to move his stockpile of WMD to the best strategically geographically located area. Were they already moved, relocated to Syria by the time The US got there?

These facts cannot be ruled out or ignored. So the question still remains:

"Satellite Photos Support Testimony That Iraqi WMD Went to Syria
The history books on this issue shouldn’t be written just yet.
Ha’aretz has revived the mystery surrounding the inability to find weapons of mass destruction stockpiles in Iraq, the most commonly cited justification for Operation Iraqi Freedom and one of the most embarrassing episodes for the United States. Satellite photos of a suspicious site in Syria are providing new support for the reporting of a Syrian journalist who briefly rocked the world with his reporting that Iraq’s WMD had been sent to three sites in Syria just before the invasion commenced.

The newspaper reveals that a 200 square-kilometer area in northwestern Syria has been photographed by satellites at the request of a Western intelligence agency at least 16 times, the most recent being taken in January. The site is near Masyaf, and it has at least five installations and hidden paths leading underneath the mountains. This supports the reporting of Nizar Nayouf, an award-winning Syrian journalist who said in 2004 that his sources confirmed that Saddam Hussein’s WMDs were in Syria.

One of the three specific sites he mentioned was an underground base underneath Al-Baida, which is one kilometer south of Masyaf. This is a perfect match. The suspicious features in the photos and the fact that a Western intelligence agency is so interested in the site support Nayouf’s reporting, showing that his sources in Syria did indeed have access to specific information about secret activity that is likely WMD-related. Masyaf is located on a road that goes from Hamah, where there is an airfield sufficient to handle relatively large aircraft, into Lebanon and the western side of the Bekaa Valley, another location said to house Iraqi weapons.

It seems to be commonly accepted that Iraq did not have WMDs at all. The intelligence was obviously flawed, but the book has not been closed on what actually happened.
A Pentagon document reveals that an Iraqi dissident reported that 50 trucks crossed the border on March 10, 2003, and that his sources in Syria confirmed they carried WMD.
These trucks have been talked about frequently and remain a mystery though several interesting claims reinforce that such a transfer occurred, although we can not be sure of the extent of it.

General Georges Sada, the former second-in-command of the Iraqi Air Force, claimed in his 2006 book that he knew two Iraqi pilots that flew WMD into Syria over the summer of 2002, which came before a later shipment on the ground".
Jesse

United States

#1157969 Jun 28, 2014
Yeah wrote:
lol! What reich wingers will do... and this is just to each other! What will they do to people the hate???
"GOP Candidate Charges Opponent Is Dead, Represented By A Body Double
Posted: 06/27/2014 12:36 pm EDT Updated: 06/27/2014 2:59 pm EDT
Print Article
WASHINGTON -- Political opponents accuse each other of lying all the time, but one Oklahoma congressional candidate took his accusation to a new level this week when he claimed his opponent was actually dead and being represented by a body double.
KFOR in Oklahoma reports that Timothy Ray Murray believes Rep. Frank Lucas (R-Okla.), his opponent in the congressional Republican primary, was executed three years ago and is being represented by a look-alike. Because he believes Lucas is really dead, Murray said he will challenge the results of Tuesday's Republican primary, in which Murray received 5.2 percent of the vote. Lucas won the primary with 82.8 percent of the vote.
"It is widely known Rep. Frank D. Lucas is no longer alive and has been displayed by a look alike. Rep. Lucas’ look alike was depicted as sentenced on a white stage in southern Ukraine on or about Jan. 11, 2011," Murray said in a statement posted on his campaign website. The statement claimed Lucas and “a few other” members of Congress from Oklahoma and other states were shown on television being hanged by “The World Court.”
"I am contesting that this matter has happen [sic] since his election was blocked, because of the U.S. Defense Department’s use of Mr. Murray's DNA. To my knowledge, the U.S. Defense Department has not released to the public that information, as it is their confidential information about many people," Murray's statement said...."
Ah HA....you did it you finally posted exactly what a Oklahoma City, Oklahoma demo operative (T.R.O.L.L.-Truly Repugnant Obnoxious Liberals Lying) posted earlier. Same talking points too... her I.Q. is slightly higher than yours a amazing 44 if graded on the curve.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Benghazi, the REAL story. 1 hr test 17
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Quirky 242,800
The Party of Racism. 2 hr KKK r DEMS 65
The truth and nuttin but. 2 hr WWBroadsREvil 26
Why can 2 Black Reps. get media protection & Wh... 2 hr Left is EVIL 2
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr Agents of Corruption 64,005
TOYOTA , Warranty Fraud, Negligent Mechanic, mi... (Sep '15) 5 hr lich tran 9

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages