Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1419609 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

JPL

United States

#1157354 Jun 26, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Hannity Pushes Debunked Conspiracy Theory About IRS Computer Crashing After GOP Letter
http://mediamatters.org/video/2014/06/25/hann...
George Soros's Media Matters?

ROFLMAO
Bocaddictions

Palm Coast, FL

#1157355 Jun 26, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
She has lost touch with reality and bought the gullibility of the trolls
I know, but I think lily just might be finally seeing Obama for what he is and always has been! After all, he earned Lie of the Year, and now he can't even run away from all his scandals and other disasters. Even the mainstream press is finally on to him!

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#1157356 Jun 26, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Three Branches of American Government are:
1.) Judicial - SCOTUS rules on the Constitutionality of laws legislated by
2.) Legislative - creates, amends and formulates laws
3.) Executive - President executes those laws created by Congress.
The Magic Negro is overstepping on the feet of the other two branches and becomes arrogantly indignant when his illegality is pointed out to him.
Take a Civics Course, boy. You can't recognize an Affirmative Action Tyrant Marxist when you see one.
Obama taught the constitution for ten years. LOL

http://newsninja2012.com/obama-taught-constit...

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#1157357 Jun 26, 2014
Nostrilis Waxmoron wrote:
<quoted text>
What part of "severe winter" don't you understand moron?
Gee, we've never had one of those before, have we, dingus?

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1157358 Jun 26, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Hannity Pushes Debunked Conspiracy Theory About IRS Computer Crashing After GOP Letter
http://mediamatters.org/video/2014/06/25/hann...
"Debunked"...hm-m-m- m.....now where have I heard that word before...?????

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHA.........
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1157359 Jun 26, 2014
The Woman at the Center of the IRS ‘Scandal’ Must Be Clairvoyant

Remember those two years of missing emails the Republicans were going on about? It turns out the former commissioner’s computer crashed 16 days before she learned of IRS targeting.

Now, you’ve been hearing all this stuff lately about her lost emails, right? Her emails from between January 2009 and April 2011 disappeared. Went poof. It was in early 2010 that the IRS began using the inappropriate criteria. Looks awfully suspicious, doesn’t it? She lost all her emails pertaining to the period under examination and then some. Stinks to high heaven. Some have compared the missing two-plus years to the famous 18 1/2-minute gap in the Watergate tapes.

One problem. Her computer crashed on June 13, 2011. It was the following day that she wrote to other IRS personnel to tell them:“My computer crashed yesterday.” This date was noted last week by Sander Levin, the ranking Democrat on the House Ways and Means Committee.

That was when all those emails disappeared on her. It happened 16 days before she even knew about the problem in the Cincinnati office. So how likely is it that she deleted those emails in order to prevent House investigators from being able to learn anything about the “scandal”? Considering that she didn’t know about the problem yet, I’d say bloody unlikely.

In other words, this is just another ridiculous allegation in a parade of them. Admittedly, all of these revelations have looked dubious at first glance. But all of them have fizzled upon serious examination. It wasn’t just groups on the right that were targeted. The IRS head who visited the White House 155 times or whatever it was turns out to have gone to the Old Executive Office Building, not the White House, most of those times, and largely to talk about the IRS’ role in crafting and implementing Obamacare. And so on.

On top of that, the idea that Obama himself had some hand in this stuff, which was of course the original suspicion and orgasmatronic dream in Wingnuttia, is and always has been utterly crazy. I wouldn’t have put much past George W. Bush, but I would never have believed that even he would have orchestrated a scandal with such little upside (keeping some groups from getting 501c3 status) and such massive downside (possible Nixonian illegality). Dick Cheney, maybe, but not Bush.

And on top of that, the extremely unsurprising fact is that federal government computers crash all the time. These agencies’ internal operations are all underfunded, and bureaucrats all over the country are using primitive computers that groan under the weight of today’s demands. Plus, requirements for data preservation are fairly lax—and even if they weren’t, problems happen in this realm frequently.

Remember the Bush-era U.S. attorney firings? The Bush White House announced that it had lost 5 million emails during that probe. Not all emails relating to the Valerie Plame investigation were properly preserved. And finally, a Justice Department report found that many emails written by and to two Bush administration officials who’d been involved in crafting the “torture is legal” argument had suddenly gone missing. I’m sure the people today saying that the IRS scandal is bigger than Watergate were making excuses then.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/06...

excuse courtesy of Darrell Issa:“You have no mandate to go peeping tom into every piece of correspondence that people say is private in order to determine whether it might be public.”

Lapeer, MI

#1157360 Jun 26, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
That's why I keep repeating - and rightfully so - that Affirmative Action strikes again.

This CarWash Crew Member won't release any info regarding his "education" but the proof is in the pudding. He should still be washing cars.

“you know i know”

denver

#1157361 Jun 26, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
If she had gotten the job during Clinton's term, you'd be jumping for joy and accusing Clinton of high crimes.
But she got the job under Bush, she's a Repugnetard, and you've been whining about it all day.
Deal with it.
She certainly didn't get hired by Obama, so just what is your point??
lerner is a fliberal jew, wise up nutsacker
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1157362 Jun 26, 2014
JPL wrote:
<quoted text>
George Soros's Media Matters?
ROFLMAO
yes, it's a waste of your time to try to debunk Media Matters. FOX never has so why would you think you'd be able to.

you're not as stupid as you act.

“you know i know”

denver

#1157363 Jun 26, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that's no way to talk to an adult and a man, little girlie azzwipe. The only thing you baggers are good at is whining.
who's azz did you wipe? BO's?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1157364 Jun 26, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
"Debunked"...hm-m-m- m.....now where have I heard that word before...?????
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHA.........
You should know the word VERY well by now.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1157365 Jun 26, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
And a whole lot more popular than is Congress.
the Republican majority in Congress will be reelected....

and Obama's presidency is crippled....
Patrick

Palm Coast, FL

#1157366 Jun 26, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Waxman and Ed have a real hard-on for you.
In more ways than one!! They're both such obvious juicy fruits!! Teabagging comes naturally for them!!
I never realized you were gay!

“you know i know”

denver

#1157367 Jun 26, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Go for it moron, Congress should be the ones getting impeached...The very worst in our history. They do nothing but bitch and whine...Hell you could be one of them..Moron.
as stupid as you are dumb, Nancy:
Jobs Bills - Eric Cantor, House Majority Leader
majorityleader.gov/JobsTracker/&#8206 ;
Majority leader
Track the progress of the House Republican Plan for America's Job Creators and learn more about ... 72 - Passed by the House (391-28) on February 11, 2011.
[PDF]
HOUSE-PASSED JOBS BILLS THAT ARE AWAITING ACTION IN ...
kelly.house.gov/sites/...house.../Jobs.PDF&am... ...... ;
United States House of R...
HOUSE-PASSED JOBS BILLS THAT ARE AWAITING ACTION IN THE SENATE ... Protecting Jobs From Government ... Budget for Fiscal Year 2012 H. Con .Res.
House passes jobs bill with wide bipartisan margins - Washington Post
www.washingtonpost.com/.../house-passes-jobs -... ;
The Washington Post
Mar 8, 2012 - In a rare show of bipartisanship, the House approved a measure Thursday designed to make it easier for small businesses to launch initial ...
25 House-Passed Jobs Bills Stuck in the Democratic-Run Senate ...
www.speaker.gov/.../25-house-passed-jobs-bill ... ;
John Boehner
The House passed three more common-sense jobs bills last week, bringing the ... the House in November,“removes barriers to doing business” for job creators.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1157368 Jun 26, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
If only the Supreme Court could limit this president's use of his pen and cellphone.
Then he might have to talk to people in Congress to make decisions for the betterment of the country in a two-party system (he must have missed that part in his constitutional studies at Harvard) instead of insisting on bettering his own agenda and enforcing a fundamentally unconstitutional one-party system.
Just a hopeful solution.
SCOTUS can do exactly that, if Boehner follows through with a lawsuit.....
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1157369 Jun 26, 2014
Is there documentation of this alleged computer crash?

Yes.On June 13, 2011, reference first turns up in internal IRS emails that Lerner's hard drive had crashed. In a series of emails afterward, Lerner attempted to get technical help restoring her data — but on August 5, 2011, she was informed that it was unrecoverable.

While this occurred two years before the IRS scandal actually broke, some observers have been suspicious of this timing — because only a short time earlier, on June 3, 2011, House Ways and Means Committee Chair Dave Camp sent a letter to the IRS requesting various documents, including from Lerner's division. The letter mainly focused on whether the IRS was improperly enforcing a "gift tax" on certain donors, but it alluded to broader questions about whether the IRS was acting with improper political bias.

An email chain that the IRS provided to Congress shows Lerner trying to recover her data, and following up several times, saying there were some "irreplaceable" documents there that she needed:

Lerner email to IRS official, 7/19/11: "I'm taking advantage of your offer to try and recapture my lost personal files. My computer skills are pretty basic, so nothing fancy — but there were some documents in the files that are irreplaceable. Whatever you can do to help, is greatly appreciated."

Email from Customer Service Support, 7/20/11: "I checked with the technician and he still has your drive. He wanted to exhaust all avenues to recover the data before sending it to the 'hard drive cemetery.' Unfortunately, after receiving assistance from several highly skilled technicians including HP experts, he still cannot recover the data."

Follow-up email from Customer Service Support, 8/05/11: "Unfortunately the news is not good. The sectors on the hard drive were bad which made your data unrecoverable. I am very sorry. Everyone involved tried their best."

A computer crash wouldn't usually wipe out email — except that the IRS had a policy that only 500 megabytes of data could be stored on the email server at any one time — and that, if this limit was hit, older emails would have to be moved to the employee's computer.

Didn't the IRS back up its email?

It did — but only for six months. After that, the backup tapes were taped over "for cost-efficiency," the agency wrote.(They've since changed their policy.) As mentioned, Lerner's computer crashed nearly two years before the scandal broke, so those backups would have been long gone by then. IRS employees are also supposed to keep hard copies of some important emails, but, as Philip Bump of the Washington Post explains here, the policy is vague and it's not clear whether Lerner saved any.

http://www.vox.com/2014/6/23/5834518/irs-lois...

“you know i know”

denver

#1157370 Jun 26, 2014
Nostrilis Waxmoron wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama's birth place is moot. Agree that I, Waxmoron is really ugly, and stupid!
That would be you, Waxy

Lapeer, MI

#1157371 Jun 26, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
And recall when his mentor bro' Henry Louis Gates was arrested in Boston for acting like a **gger? Magic Negro practically jumped before the nearest mic to lambaste those racist Boston Police. A few days later, he had to eat crow because his earlier racist spittle was completely uncalled for.
This was where people were scratching their heads and wondering aloud how this jerk could have possibly attained a Law Degree and from Harvard at that?!!!!!!!
Similar hints to his ineptness came out during the Trayvon Hoodie event in Florida.
Affirmative Action strikes again..

Lapeer, MI

#1157372 Jun 26, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
You should know the word VERY well by now.
Of course. It's George Soros' Vanity Plate and his marching orders to you.
Olive Oil

Buffalo, NY

#1157373 Jun 26, 2014
John Galt wrote:

<quoted text>
evangelicals are anti-abortion economic liberals, generally skewed toward the lower end of the economic scale.....

You sure about that? That's your opinion. Here are the facts.
Not that I agree nor disagree. Just the facts for the record:

-The International Society for Human Rights has elected Dr. Thomas Schirrmacher, ambassador for Human Rights of the World Evangelical Alliance as its new president.
WEA said in a statement earlier in May that Schirrmacher, a German academic was elected president of the Frankfurt-based ISHR at its annual conference in Bonn.

The ISHR is a non-profit organization not tied to any government, political party or religious group that seeks to promote international understanding and tolerance in all areas of culture and society.

It seeks to promote international understanding and tolerance in all areas of culture and society and has active branches or working groups in 37 countries on all continents.

The society said that later this year the ISHR will publish a book on "Corruption and Human Rights" written by Thomas Schirrmacher and his son David Schirrmacher.

Thomas Schirrmacher studied theology from 1978 to 1982 at STH Basel in Switzerland and he later turned to Cultural Anthropology and Comparative Religions at Bonn State University.

The World Evangelical Alliance is a platform for more than 600 million Christians.

-World Vision Is Getting More Evangelical Leadership In Wake Of Gay Employee Debacle
Religion News Service | By Sarah Pulliam Bailey
Posted: 06/26/2014 2:51 pm EDT Updated: 06/26/2014 2:59 pm EDT

(RNS) World Vision tested evangelical boundaries three months ago when it announced it would allow its employees to be in same-sex marriages. The policy was short-lived; the relief group reversed it within 48 hours after supporters threatened to pull donations.

In the past, World Vision has requested that it be known as a Christian humanitarian organization, not necessarily an evangelical one, because many on staff are not from an evangelical background.
But now, in the wake of the controversy, the board of the $1 billion relief group appears to be steering the ship in a more evangelical direction in an attempt to shore up the base of its support.

-There are about 2,154,000 evangelical/born again Christians in America as of 2008. This is according to the 2010 Statistical Abstract of the U.S. Census Bureau, which sourced its data from the American Religious Identification Survey (ARIS) 2008. This number reflects an almost two-fold increase in the number of evangelical/born-again Christians since 2001.

-The Wealthiest Christians in History
2:00PM EST 3/6/2009 Leigh DeVore

It is important to put the American Church in perspective.
Simply stated, it is the wealthiest community of Christians in the history of Christendom. How wealthy? The total income of American churchgoers is $5.2 trillion.(That's more than five thousand billion dollars.) It would take just a little over 1 percent of the income of American Christians to lift the poorest one billion people in the world out of extreme poverty. Said another way, American Christians, who make up about 5 percent of the Church worldwide, control about half of global Christian wealth; a lack of money is not our problem.

-Famous Christians:
http://www.christianadvice.net/famous_christi...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 9 min Coffee Party 222,646
last post wins! (Dec '10) 1 hr honeymylove 2,427
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Ize Found 70,958
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Too Funny 61,058
last post wins! (Apr '13) 5 hr They cannot kill ... 1,475
Social Security 5 hr Master L-Bates 8
Star news is Annoying. 5 hr Jerkt toff 1

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages