Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1580103 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Buroc Millhouse Obama

New Britain, CT

#1156499 Jun 25, 2014
The obsessed & paranoid moron Grey Ghost playing with his VPN service again for sure:
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, ME again. I plagiarized this pathetic bit ^^^^^ off a Teabagger blog, one of my many favorites! Topix is my Disneyland!!!!!!!!!!
NuculurGhostSurp riZe

Palm Coast, FL

#1156500 Jun 25, 2014
FAKE CALIFNostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, ME again. I plagiarized this pathetic bit ^^^^^ off an Obamabot blog, one of my many favorites! Topix is my Disneyland!!!!!!!!!!
Not Surprized! LOL
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1156501 Jun 25, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
So both the IRS and EPA had hard drive crashes that made them lose essential emails.
And you want these people to run healthcare?
Wouldn't you just love it if your banks hard drives crashed and your mortgage was paid?

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#1156502 Jun 25, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> I love how a good jobs reports drives the feeble minded right into a frenzy seeking out a stat that appears to be negative.
What part of that poster's comment "a million a month are dropping out of the workforce" didn't you understand?

The economy wasn't so bad under Bush. Unemployment remained low. His policies recovered the economy after 9/11 within two years.

The economy tanked because the banks and Wall Street couldn't recover from Carter's CRA and expanded under Clinton.

Of course, the democrats had a meltdown when asked to rein in Fannie and Freddie, who was the sugar daddy for many of them. Much more so than for republicans.

So you don't hold them responsible for anything?
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1156503 Jun 25, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
With all due respect, you really must stop labeling people who share your core political beliefs. The conservative tent is big enough for all of us. It seems you want to push some of us out who perhaps have different traditional values.
Remember there's Democrats who are also what you call "evangelicals" and anti-abortion...but they really ARE economic liberals...a big difference in other words.
Gibberish, when GHWB stood with Ralph Reed at the nominating convention it was the beginning of the end for the GOP and true conservatism.

The evangelicals had already begun to muss things up for Republicans with the likes of Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson entering politics but George Herbert Walker Bush opened the door for all of the backwater borned agin yayhoos.to climb on board.

Since: May 11

Carlisle, PA

#1156504 Jun 25, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Dave, I responded directly what was in the other poster's post.
Irrelevant. I was commenting on that last sentence where you basically blamed FDR for the long term effects of the Great Depression.

Just like you do now for the Great Bush Recession.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1156505 Jun 25, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>'
These old neanderthal baggers on here are lucky to even get their bowels to move.
Tell me all about it Octo-goat. My bowels work perfectly. You have to wear Super Absorbent Depends to prevent those embarrassing moments.
Nostrilis Waxman

Miami, FL

#1156506 Jun 25, 2014
NuculurGhostSurpriZe wrote:
<quoted text> Not Surprized! LOL
Fake Nostrilis Waxman. Lol!

Location hidden

#1156507 Jun 25, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
So both the IRS and EPA had hard drive crashes that made them lose essential emails.
Just so happened that new guy at the IRS, Koskinen, visited the White House 10 days before all those emails vanished into thin air.

Could be mere coincidence.....

Carlisle, PA

#1156508 Jun 25, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
Stupid people!!

They should have done like Bush & used the RNC email system or like Palin that did Governor business on that Yahoo account to avoid government rules on archiving communications.

How dumb you must be to think that if these people were doing illegal sh*t that they would use the government e-mail system they know is archived & subject to investigation.

PS the IRS does not run healthcare.
Nostrilis Waxman

Miami, FL

#1156509 Jun 25, 2014
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
The obsessed & paranoid moron Grey Ghost playing with his VPN service again for sure:
<quoted text>
Fake Nostrilis Waxman. LOL!

Carlisle, PA

#1156510 Jun 25, 2014
http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/econom...

Greedy realtors join with anti-science Republicans in North Carolina to hide the rising oceans will make some of their outer banks properties unsellable.
paddyomalley

Spicewood, TX

#1156511 Jun 25, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Irrelevant. I was commenting on that last sentence where you basically blamed FDR for the long term effects of the Great Depression.
Just like you do now for the Great Bush Recession.
The lingering effects of the Democratic crash caused by their insistence on irresponsible lending is because stupid in the WH has no idea what sound financial practice is. He is a useless fool and since you support and lie for him, you are too.

Location hidden

#1156512 Jun 25, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Gibberish, when GHWB stood with Ralph Reed at the nominating convention it was the beginning of the end for the GOP and true conservatism.
The evangelicals had already begun to muss things up for Republicans with the likes of Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson entering politics but George Herbert Walker Bush opened the door for all of the backwater borned agin yayhoos.to climb on board.
Horror of horrors! Christians participating in the political process! Head for the hills, Realtime! It can't possibly get any worse!

But don't forget your hammer and sickle. A tool needs the proper tools to cultivate a new culture of intolerance and hatred.

Maybe you'll get to build the first gulag and be given the opportunity to throw me and George H.W. Bush in it.

That would be a dream come true for you, wouldn't it?
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1156513 Jun 25, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
See?? You believe everything he tells you.
Between 95 and 100 million able bodied people are NOT WORKING.
I suppose proving that is above your pay grade eh birther scum?

Carlisle, PA

#1156514 Jun 25, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
What part of that poster's comment "a million a month are dropping out of the workforce" didn't you understand?
The economy wasn't so bad under Bush. Unemployment remained low. His policies recovered the economy after 9/11 within two years.
The economy tanked because the banks and Wall Street couldn't recover from Carter's CRA and expanded under Clinton.
Of course, the democrats had a meltdown when asked to rein in Fannie and Freddie, who was the sugar daddy for many of them. Much more so than for republicans.
So, how many percentage points did the labor participation rate grow under Bush.

You just said what a great job he did with the economy. Certainly it went up? Right???

But hey, fall back on the CRA baloney.
Olive Oil

Buffalo, NY

#1156515 Jun 25, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
With all due respect, you really must stop labeling people who share your core political beliefs. The conservative tent is big enough for all of us. It seems you want to push some of us out who perhaps have different traditional values.
Remember there's Democrats who are also what you call "evangelicals" and anti-abortion...but they really ARE economic liberals...a big difference in other words.
Evangelical Christians should not be coming under attack from the Conservative/Republican Party, I agree.

The leftist Secularists and Muslims, who are now demanding privilege status, are doing all they can to demonize Christianity.

In the White Privilege Conferences Christianity is now deemed an intolerant system of institutionalized hate and NOT a Faith or Religion.
Yet Islam is well tolerated. Even venerated.

Did leftists forget, Islam does not "tolerate" homosexuality or abortion either.
Yet Christianity comes under fire regarding these very same issues.

So why the demonization of Christianity? Last thing the Republican Party needs is to align with those who are already persecuting Christian values.

The Conservative/Republican Party can not afford this schism of Religion/Faith dividing
those who share core beliefs, as you have so eloquently pointed out.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1156516 Jun 25, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
What part of baby boomers leaving the work force at a rate of 10,000 per day escapes your stupid, unemployed, welfare bioch azz?
Nostrilis Waxman

Miami, FL

#1156517 Jun 25, 2014
Waxman's mama wrote:
<quoted text> I've noticed your balls are made of wax and your socks are working hard to make believe you have a life and your life as a sockpuppt is transparent, Honey? Good luck with that! LOL
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1156518 Jun 25, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Horror of horrors! Christians participating in the political process! Head for the hills, Realtime! It can't possibly get any worse!
But don't forget your hammer and sickle. A tool needs the proper tools to cultivate a new culture of intolerance and hatred.
Maybe you'll get to build the first gulag and be given the opportunity to throw me and George H.W. Bush in it.
That would be a dream come true for you, wouldn't it?
Christians? What__is that a separate breed of people??

I said backwoods borned again yayhoos__if the shoe fits wear it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 14 min Alyssa76 11,168
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 1 hr Alyssa76 3,698
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Beams 63,943
News Mayor Emanuel, City of Chicago File Federal Law... 3 hr spud 93
Depression, pain n anxiety treatment; 7 hr They cannot kill ... 2
What's the real story about Charlottsville? 8 hr Sojourner UNtruth 14
Trump Twilight Zone 10 hr ROD b Conservative 9

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages