Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1684786 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1156004 Jun 24, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
You really are a sick puppy old man. You act like a twelve year old. How old are you anyways?
Why because I show you up for the idiot that you are...
Nostrilis Waxman

Simsbury, CT

#1156005 Jun 24, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
6. One of the underlying premises of disrespect towards the President is that he can be ordered around and dictated to like he’s Tipi the laundry boy. The presumption that a U.S. President can be ordered around is a new phenomenon that appears to have gotten underway around January 2009. From big mouth Congressmen to millionaires with nothing to do, you name it — they all inherently believe they can order President Obama around. At least Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is an actual leader of something. Regardless, read this and ask yourself if you think this would have happened to Presidents Bush, Reagan or Clinton.
7. Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer puts her finger in the President’s face (January 2012). The photo speaks for itself. Of course there are strong political disagreements between President Obama and Gov. Brewer. But is it just possible there was a better time and place for this conversation? Brewer said she felt “a little threatened” by President Obama. Please.
8. GOP House, prompted by Tea Party — refuses to raise debt ceiling (Aug 2011). Sounds like this was just hardball politics right? Let’s review the facts: The debt ceiling had been raised 69 times since 1962 without incident. Seven times during Bush II and 18 times during Reagan. Suddenly, with President Obama, a shiny new precedent is set with regard to raising the debt ceiling. Another never before seen incident is born.
9. Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) Publicly Announces His Top Political Priority (Dec 2010). McConnell wants the President out of office? No news there, but, wait, there’s more to it.“Our top political priority over the next two years should be to deny President Obama a second term,” Sen. McConnell told the Heritage Foundation. Of course the Senate Republican Leader doesn’t want the President to be re-elected. But what’s with the public announcement? In July 2010 McConnell acknowledged his single most important political goal: President Obama being a one-term President. Again: In public and on national television.
10. Speaker Boehner refuses speech date request (September 2011). No it is not the end of the world. Of course, the White House intentionally wanted to step on a GOP debate that same night. But, this is yet another first in American history. Once again, no one can find another instance where a President of the United States requested a date to address Congress and was refused
Yeah, yeah, blah, blah, blah...

So, how old are you gramps?
Olive Oil

Buffalo, NY

#1156006 Jun 24, 2014
One quarter. Only the most obtuse wouldn't.

Obama had a 72+% Approval Rating when he came into office, "from day one".

That included The White Vote from All Parties, even Conservatives/Republicans.

So, what happened? Same reason Bush was hated by the left. Policies.

Was Bush also hated from the left because he was White? It's possible and probable.

Hard to digest? Then just swallow quickly. Cause I'm movin' on.

Was Obama disliked because he was Black, of course there was racism.

There is also the Facts of his Senate Record, his Sealed Records, his leftist liberalism in his Senate Record, the most left/liberal of any Senator, his Muslim background, his Communist affiliations - Take a breath - Shall I go on?

While the Leftist Media didn't vet him, The American People DID. And those of us who were opposed to him didn't like what we found. And what we suspected came to pass, soon.

He became The Lawless One, started trampling The Constitution, threatening Freedoms and Liberties, Rights, The Tea Party formed.

End of Story ...

Baraq was put together like a dummy corporation and wheeled onto the political stage.

And he fell from obscurity like lightning onto the political stage ... The Usurper.

Then I suggest you start listening to The White Privilege Conferences because they sound like Black Panther gatherings. Then we'll talk about "racism" on all sides.

The Aryan Brotherhood does not discriminate. There are Italians and Jewish within its ranks
They formed in prisons as an answer to Black and Hispanic Gangs beating on White prisoners. In short, they got fed up. And answered back.

Why are you attending Aryan Nation Meetings?
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>Only the most clueless would see it that way. From day one he has been hated from the right, there is only a marginal difference between the Tea Baggers and the KKK. I have seen all of the same signs that are displayed at the Aryan nation meetings...Hell on here most all on the right show racist signs..A person would have to be blind to not see that.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1156007 Jun 24, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Old senile Ghost talking to one of his own socks yet again for sure.
Sick worthless Democrat.
If you had one ounce of perception and weren't so utterly stupid you would know better. Face it you are a whiney thin skinned crybaby...All give and no take.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1156008 Jun 24, 2014
Olive Oil wrote:
<quoted text>
No. I don't.
They have a better shot at putting up a viable candidate(s) than the leftists do.
Who? Hilary? HA! Though you don't believe so, in your denial, one word, BENGHAZI.
Majority of Americans have NOT forgotten. And won't. Hilary is a political prostitute.
And like all in the oldest profession, she's washed up.
Let me know when that happens and you get someone in the game son.

As for Hillary, reich wingers keep putting her front and center.

Which explains their fear of her.

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1156009 Jun 24, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>I guess you have illogical logic....
Bingo, as I predicted--Yuk posted something dumb.

Progressives have zip impulse control.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1156010 Jun 24, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor, poor Grey Ghost trying to twist and spin his dumbass post he made to me.
LOL
lo! poor rolo.

so mentally restricted....
Nostrilis Waxman

Simsbury, CT

#1156011 Jun 24, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Why because I show you up for the idiot that you are...
I'm guessing you are at least AARP material - over 55.

Right?

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1156013 Jun 24, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Name one white President that the Tea Party has opposed in the same manner as President Obama.
Correction:

"Name one PROGRESSIVE President that the right has oppose in the same manner as Obama."
Nostrilis Waxman

Simsbury, CT

#1156014 Jun 24, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
If you had one ounce of perception and weren't so utterly stupid you would know better. Face it you are a whiney thin skinned crybaby...All give and no take.
Not true old guy. I know you post as a sock like Wilhelm, Pope John years ago and most recently with your obsession with me as Waxmoron & Waxman, but I just laugh. I actually enjoy that I get under your skin and that you think everyone who posts is me.

It shows me how much I bother you.

I'm not crying, I'm laughing every time I read you going ballistic.

So how old are you, really?
Olive Oil

Buffalo, NY

#1156015 Jun 24, 2014

LOL!
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Name one white President that the Tea Party has opposed in the same manner as President Obama.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1156016 Jun 24, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe, Yeah will abandon her comment, but odds are she will come back with more dumb
I'm sure you caught on to that reich wing 'logic' son.

After all, makes no sense....
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1156018 Jun 24, 2014
Olive Oil wrote:
<quoted text>
And call me "son" ... LOL!
Don't mind debating, but how many ways can an issue be explained ...
Especially when Bush gets thrown into it, again, as a diversion and distraction.
You're not debating son.

You're just laying out your opinions.....
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1156019 Jun 24, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
It is amazing how a group of people who voted for Obama twice now want to turn around and pretend he isn't POTUS
The word you are looking for is "denial"
lol! It's amazing how reich wingers want to ignore history in favor of their opinions...

... like things will change!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1156020 Jun 24, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
You really are a sick puppy old man. You act like a twelve year old. How old are you anyways?
lol! You're not even half that mental age my little ruskie gulag dweller!
LIBERALS

Lillington, NC

#1156021 Jun 24, 2014
Justin Trudeau, the leader of Canada's Liberal Party, recently announced that the Liberal Party will not allow anyone to run in any national election who does not pledge to vote "pro-choice" without exception.
The Liberal Party, which has been relegated to a mere thirty-five seats in the national parliament has been trying to shore up support since its disastrous outing in the most recent elections.
Although the Liberal Party has traditionally been open to different opinions on abortion, fiscal matters, and other political issues, Trudeau made it clear that there would be a unified front on the issue of murder of unborn children. Claiming that 80% of his party's supporters agree with a "woman's choice" on this issue, he stated plainly that candidates who elect to run on the Liberal ticket "will be expected to voice pro-choice on any bills."
In the same press conference, Trudeau acknowledged with some sense of pride that his party has traditionally been more ideologically diverse, pointing out that there are those he considers "far right" on fiscal matters, and others who are more left of center on these issues.
His argument seems to be based on a belief that abortion is a settled issue in Canada. It is currently legal to murder an unborn child in Canada, although there is some variance between different provinces on legal aspects of abortion.
The timing of his statement is rather suspect, coming as it did so close to the March for Life on Parliament Hill. This widely-attended event has traditionally been a place for supporters of rights for the unborn to speak on the issue. In fact, Liberals have spoken at these events with regularity in the past.
LifeCanada's Lisa Smith (listed as the group's secretary on their website), reacted with surprise at Trudeau's bluntness in addressing this issue. However, she also pointed out that Trudeau actually did Canadians a favor by making his position clear on the issue. In this way, voters can have a clear direction on whether or not they want to support the position that Trudeau has taken for his party.
LifeCanada was founded in 2000 and has a mission "to establish the value of human life in the hearts and minds of Canadians and their institutions", commissioned a poll that showed a majority of Canadians (60%) supported legal restrictions on abortion. The group is also concerned with euthanasia and other pro-life concerns.
The Liberal Party is ideologically seeking a position similar to that taken by the New Democratic Party, perhaps due to recent losses at the ballot. The NDP has always been strictly pro-abortion, a position that they wrote into their party platform. Tom Mulcair, the leader of the NDP, stated that no one in his party will "vote against a woman's right to chose".
Although Trudeau made it clear that new candidates, who do not pledge to vote in favor of abortion on all bills, will not be allowed to run under the Liberal Party banner, he was less clear regarding those who already hold office. The party used to be home to a number of pro-life representatives, although that number has dwindled along with the party's overall presence in Parliament.
However, two notable representatives remain: John McKay and Judy Sgro, both of whom represent Toronto. McKay anticipates "awkward moments" in the future, but has made no plans to endorse the party's new position on abortion.
McKay pointed out that his counterparts in the Conservative Party fare little better than he does in his own party. His point certainly has merit.
LOW CLASS PEOPLE
Read more at http://www.prophecynewswatch.com/2014/May26/2...
LIBERALS

Lillington, NC

#1156022 Jun 24, 2014
The Conservative Party has not made a blanket statement banning pro-life candidates, but Prime Minister Stephen Harper and leader of the Conservative Party has made it clear that he will not fight the abortion issue in the Parliament. In fact, he has used his power to prevent pro-life candidates from introducing bills limiting abortion in Parliament.

Harper has managed to squelch any discussion on the abortion issue within his party without a mandate like his counterpart in the Liberal Party. However, the Conservative Party, which controls 160 seats in Parliament, has a large and vocal section of its caucus that are adamantly pro-life.

Trudeau also hinted that the party may make a similar stance on other "social" issues. He made it clear that there will be a litmus test for new candidates on a host of issues, stating that he will ask new people seeking to become candidates "how they feel about same-sex marriage", as well as abortion.

In his statement concerning his party's new prohibition on pro-life candidates, and his allusion to a future similar position on homosexual "marriage", he referenced that his party's potential candidates must also support the Charter of Rights and Freedom. It is interesting that he makes this statement, because the Charter of Rights and Freedom recognize two rights that seem to be at issue with his position: religious freedom and freedom of association. So, although Trudeau professes support of these principles in theory, his actions show something wholly different.

Trudeau believes abortion is a settled issue, basing this primarily on the majority support his pro-abortion policy has within his party (claiming eighty per cent), and his belief that the majority of Canadians also support abortion "rights". Of course, LifeCanada's polls suggest otherwise.

In Canada, supporters of the rights of the unborn have little to cheer about. The Conservative Party has expressed little interest in taking up their cause, even with a significant portion of their caucus in agreement with their position. The Liberal Party has now come out with a prohibition against pro-life candidates, and the New Democratic Party has always held a position in favor of support for abortion.

Regardless of where the issue of abortion is ultimately settled in Canada, Trudeau's action represent a first in Canadian politics, where the leader of a party has made it clear that they will tolerate no diversity of opinion on the issue of abortion.

The future of the Liberal Party is unclear, having suffered devastating losses in the last election. They have doubled down on their position regarding abortion and have made it clear that there will be no tolerance for opposing viewpoints on this issue.

It's just a matter of time before this undemocratic position spreads to other issues as well-something which should concern all Canadians

Read more at http://www.prophecynewswatch.com/2014/May26/2...
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1156024 Jun 24, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Correction:
"Name one PROGRESSIVE President that the right has oppose in the same manner as Obama."
lol! Figures a reich wingers feels the need to 'correct' others in order to change the playing field......
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1156025 Jun 24, 2014
Raise da Roof S wrote:
<quoted text> Fear of Killary? Bring it p haggot. You queers will run back into the closet. Lol@ this limp wristed pillow biting koo koonut.
lol! Well gee son.

All your 'p haggot' candidates must be in a closet together...

... after all, they're no where else to be found!
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1156026 Jun 24, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>You're not debating son.
You're just laying out your opinions.....
I think old Olive oil has a hard on for his girlfriend Bush, these baggers love the cowards.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 min RACE 105,432
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 38 min loose cannon 243,253
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 59 min Alain Vain 11,784
Sick of commercials with mix couples 2 hr KIDS WAKE UP 14
Trump is A 3 hr Bad deal 386
Little Dicky Durbin needs to know this. 12 hr DurbinDicksAmerica 2
maxine waters 12 hr HER pussyStinks 12

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages