Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1383857 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1155303 Jun 23, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
another racist post from an ignorant black......
Really and how so? Racist pig.
TPRTY

United States

#1155304 Jun 23, 2014
Six Years In -- Obama Still Complaining

“Many women can’t even get a paid day off to give birth,” he said today at a White House-sponsored conference in Washington.“That’s a pretty low bar. You would think that we would be able to take care of” that, he said.

“You’re not alone,” Obama said in remarks aimed a Americans who feel constrained by minimum wage rates, a lack of affordable child care or inflexible hours. These problems “cannot just be fixed by working harder or being an even better parent,” the president said.“All too often they are the result of outdated policies and old ways of thinking.”

Anyone stop cheering long enough to ask HIM why HE hasn't done anything about it?
Patrick n Angela

United States

#1155305 Jun 23, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Biden claims to be poor, but owns a house worth $2.8 million.....
Your trailer park went Condo?
Buroc Millhouse Obama

New Britain, CT

#1155306 Jun 23, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Cause by capitalism eh?
Poor baby failure doesn't like capitalism. North Korea has a space for you commie!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1155307 Jun 23, 2014
"'But they don't see me as part of the problem,' Hillary protests,'because we pay ordinary income tax, unlike a lot of people who are truly well off, not to name names; and we've done it through dint of hard work."

are you feeling her pain????....
Patrick n Angela

United States

#1155308 Jun 23, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>Really and how so? Racist pig.
Pigs have girlfriends and are not on threads all day long with moronic posts, thus Galt...
Buroc Millhouse Obama

New Britain, CT

#1155309 Jun 23, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
No fun being exposed as a racists pig, is it Ghost?
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1155310 Jun 23, 2014
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"RoxLo"
joey biden is as worthless and stoopid as boobs on a bear, but he would be better than the boy now acting as president, nobama.
Peace
Sooo you aren't aware that bears have boobs. Or would that turn you on? Compared to those two idiots before them...Thank goodness we have a president that thinks before he acts..

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1155311 Jun 23, 2014
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>You all are missing the point. Republicans can get maybe 45% of the vote so you better hope for a strong 3rd party candidate. Maybe that is the plan, the moderate wing runs a candidate and pulls the independent vote from Hillary and the Tea Bagging candidate wins with 42% of the vote. I guess it could happen.
You have to look at different scenarios, I mean Mitt had almost no path to the White House and with the way the Rep party is headed to the right they will have even less of a pool of voters.
Don't blame Homer.
No I got the point: democrats have and will vote for a dead person, they are that ignorant.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1155312 Jun 23, 2014
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
No fun being exposed as a racists pig, is it Ghost?
Shouldn't be hard to prove azzwipe. Prove what I said is racist.. Chickensh1t...Prove it. Hell you are clueless about everything.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1155313 Jun 23, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
are you really so stupid and insensitive that you can't recognize the racism in your post????....

perhaps you should ask the Sioux........
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1155314 Jun 23, 2014
Patrick n Angela wrote:
<quoted text>
Pigs have girlfriends and are not on threads all day long with moronic posts, thus Galt...
Sooo Galt don't even qualify to be a Pig???
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1155315 Jun 23, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>No I got the point: democrats have and will vote for a dead person, they are that ignorant.
But obviously not as ignorant as you who things a dead person would or could run for president...Now we are all aware that Palin was dead from the neck up. While McCain was dead from the neck down, kinda like you.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1155316 Jun 23, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
are you really so stupid and insensitive that you can't recognize the racism in your post????....
perhaps you should ask the Sioux........
No tell me idiot. Are you so stupid as to think if I was offensive to them that they wouldn't know it. You are a total moron Galt, and a chronic complainer. Liked by no one I sure of that.I'm waiting prove it psycho.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1155317 Jun 23, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares what those 12 people think. Actually I had a few friends from South Dakota visit me a few weeks ago they were Sioux Indians along with my brother and they all, as do most Indians support Obama.
Show me the racism in this post Galt.
liberals

Lillington, NC

#1155318 Jun 23, 2014
I’ll see you in New York?” This is what we are up against.

“First Baghdad — and then the Big Apple.

“The al Qaeda-affiliated insurgent leader threatening to topple Iraq’s government offered an ominous warning when he parted ways with the US soldiers who once held him prisoner:‘I’ll see you in New York.’

“Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, who now leads the Sunni ultra-extremist group Islamic State of Iraq and Syria, was held at Camp Bucca in southern Iraq for four years before he was handed over to the Iraqi government in 2009.”

This guy and the people he rides with are serious. It’s no idle threat.

The goal of Islam, even it’s only expressed by a radical minority, is to take over the world – submit to Islam or die.

The so-called moderate Muslims are afraid to speak out against those who advance Islam through terror. When confronted by ISIS, many Iraqi soldiers laid down their arms and joined them in the fight.

In addition to Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi comments about bringing the Islamic fight to America,“In the past few months, as many as 15 Somali-American men have left the Minneapolis-St. Paul area in order to join radical jihadist insurgents in Syria, according to the Federal Bureau of Investigation.” Our liberal immigration policies have made this possible.

Using Twitter, an American convert to Islam calls for Obama and his family to be beheaded.

Read more at http://godfatherpolitics.com/16011/time-stop-...
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1155319 Jun 23, 2014
John Galt wrote:
"'But they don't see me as part of the problem,' Hillary protests,'because we pay ordinary income tax, unlike a lot of people who are truly well off, not to name names; and we've done it through dint of hard work."
are you feeling her pain????....
Large numbers confuse you pal???

The Clinton's__2 of them__are presently worth somewhere between $80 million and $120 million.

That number doesn't place them anywhere near the nation's wealthiest but about on par with Cindy McCain the Budweiser Beer Distributor wife of Senator John McCain.

George W Bush is presently worth between $20 million and $35 million.

The obvious is that while the Clinton's are raking in enormous $ from speaking engagements, personal appearances and book deals George W Bush is basically in hiding.

Frankly__I don't believe either of the wild azz guess sums.
liberals

Lillington, NC

#1155320 Jun 23, 2014
Timothy DeTillio

Dr. Subhi Al-Yazji, a Palestinian professor at the Islamic University in Gaza, says that radical Islamists are not motivated by money or are radicalized because of poverty. The motivation is jihad on a global scale.“In his book Perfect Soldiers: The 9/11 Hijackers: Who They Were, Why They Did It, former Los Angeles Times correspondent Terry McDermott noted that the hijackers were largely ‘young men from good backgrounds’ who were motivated by radical Islam and jihad.”

You know this is serious business when Sen. Dianne Feinstein is concerned enough to bring up the topic:

“Fighters with the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria, ISIS, could be a direct threat to the United States' security if efforts aren't made to disrupt plotting before it happens, Senate Intelligence Committee Chairwoman Sen. Dianne Feinstein believes.

“‘We know there are at least 100 Americans that have gone to the area to fight who have an American passport, who are going to try to get back,’ Feinstein told CNN's Candy Crowley on ‘State of the Union’ Sunday.

“Officials know that the fighters can go back to Europe and if they are in a country where Visas are waived, can ‘come right into the United States,’ she said.

“‘This is where I think he we need to build our intelligence to see that we can disrupt the plot in this country before it happens,’ said Feinstein,‘because there will be plots to kill Americans.’”

Maybe when Muslims can’t escape the radicals by coming to the United States through our liberal immigration policies they will decide to take a real stand against them in their own countries.

“Depends on the Day”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1155321 Jun 23, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't be serious. You are now denying you claimed Sadam's strength was his use of chemical weapons?
Wow, you have no shame in just bold face lying here.
You implied the sanctions placed in 1979 meant Iran was not selling oil. You said it to counter my claim the Iran was making more money in oil sales when Bush's war raised the price of oil.
With the additional income from oil & no longer having to spend money defending itself from Iraq, Iran had more resources in which to apply to nuclear enrichment & development programs.
Okay now the count down begins. I am starting at six making this number seven

Dave for the seventh time now claims Saddam could have stopped the Iran enrichment program that was already occurring while Saddam was in power.

The claim I said Iran wasn't selling oil is another one of those crazy windmills you made up so you could lamely knock them down. Grow up, everyone is on to your childish mis-stating what a person has said so you can lamely claim some stupid victory. YOU are one bold face lying here, but that is your game isn't it?

Now, you want to get into a discussion on what causes the price of oil.

The Iraq conflict did affect oil prices as this occurred at the same time there was problem in Venezuela--another oil rich country.

We saw the same thing occurring with the Libya civil war.

However, since the Iraq war..

"Other major factors contributing to higher prices included a weak dollar and the rapid growth in Asian economies and their petroleum consumption."

You should have KNOWN this Dave. Asians increasing demands for oil is well known

"Although not well publicized OPEC has for several years depended on a policy that amounts to world inventory management. Its primary reason for cutting back on production in November 2006 and again in February 2007 was concern about growing OECD inventories. Their focus is on total petroleum inventories including crude oil and petroleum products, which is a better indicator of prices that oil inventories alone."
http://www.wtrg.com/prices.htm

In 2006 and 2007 is were you see really big spikes in oil prices occurring.

As I already told you OPEC greatly influences the price of oil. This spike went down with the world wide recession but within a couple years it was back up again

NO, Dave, Saddam remaining in power would have had little to do with current oil prices it was absurd for you to claim it would have.
liberals

Lillington, NC

#1155323 Jun 23, 2014
You know this is serious business when Sen. Dianne Feinstein is concerned enough to bring up the topic:

“Fighters with the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria, ISIS, could be a direct threat to the United States' security if efforts aren't made to disrupt plotting before it happens, Senate Intelligence Committee Chairwoman Sen. Dianne Feinstein believes

'Turn 'Em All In': Feinstein Said She Wanted All Guns Banned

by Warner Todd Huston 1 Jan 2013 257 post a comment

One of the lines that many progressives and TV talking heads are reiterating is that no one really wants to take away Americans' guns. Senator Dianne Feinstein apparently missed that directive. She admitted as far back as 1995 that she does, indeed, wish to take everyone's guns away from them.

In a 1995 broadcast of CBS' 60 Minutes, Feinstein admitted she would love to have instituted an "outright ban" on all guns.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 min Dr Guru 214,603
Oprah to cast comedian and actor Larry Bourne I... 1 hr shewont 3
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr Budmo hey Budmo heey 70,610
Observations 5 hr A Noted Observer 36
last post wins! (Apr '13) 6 hr Retired SOF 1,001
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 8 hr GEORGIA 1,525
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 8 hr Barack calls me B... 59,540
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages