Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1659706 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1155867 Jun 24, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
Signs the Progressive 'you did not build that' economy is on fire!
'Coach to close 70 stores, stock tumbles'
http://money.cnn.com/2014/06/19/investing/coa...
Coach was a success when they manufactured high-end quality leather goods, but made the fatal mistake of cheapening their brand and their image in a failed attempt to be trendy.....

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#1155868 Jun 24, 2014
Got a few more minutes...

So whatever happened to that CIA agent whose name was leaked because of a "slip up" on the part of Obama's team? The same agent who was operating undercover in a dangerous part of the Middle East?

Unlike the CIA agent who sat at a desk in Virginia...for which a Republican was sent to prison?

Funny how these stories never seem to be as important by the media under this administration.

We've all but forgotten about this guy already. It became a media frenzy under Bush and Scooter Libby became a household name.

Remember...Valerie Plame had a safe and cushy desk job in Virginia. Hope she got out alive.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1155871 Jun 24, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! So sometimes you join forces with those "... murdering muslim sects in iraq...' eh son?
A 'marriage' of convenience as usual!
"yuck"
lol little girl. You deny there are murdering sects in Iraq? You do live in la la land.
Peace
KMA
GPUAR
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1155872 Jun 24, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
bagger is a racist term? so you're saying every bagger is white? if so, why is that? maybe because most black people think baggers are racists?
"bagger" is a racist term used by blacks to denigrate white people who work.....

black groups call black people who work and want lower taxes "Uncle Tom".....but they consider them to be baggers or sellouts.....

by the way, white people who work don't give a damn what you people think.....

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#1155873 Jun 24, 2014
HOPE AND CHANGE UPDATE: Obama’s Favorability Rating Now Lower that George W. Bush

June 23, 2014 By TPNN Staff

In a new poll published by Gallup on Friday, Democrat president Barack Obama’s favorability rating has tanked below that of George W. Bush.

Only 47% rated Obama as “favorable,” while 53% gave a favorable rating to former president, George W. Bush, who left office with approval ratings below 40% during his final two years in office.
sponsored links

In fact, all current living presidents have higher ratings than Obama, including those of Jimmy Carter.

Bill Clinton and George H.W. Bush had the highest approval ratings of any currently living president at 64% and 63%, respectively.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1155875 Jun 24, 2014
Seriously do rightwingers wash their hands after using the bathroom?

"A little personal hygiene goes a long way" - Homer

Location hidden

#1155876 Jun 24, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course he likes the word "gibberish". It is three syllable word that is easy to spell.
Could just be an easy word to articulate when intoxicated.

Seriously though...Realtime is certainly not keeping up with current events. Can't count the number of times I've had to inform him of the headlines with sources - even from the liberal media.

But he still says "gibberish" even so.

So it's either the three syllable explanation or the intoxicated one. Not sure which. It's just clear his denial trumps reality whether intentional or not - sober or otherwise.

And I once had such high hopes for Realtime. He was raised on a dairy farm and a veteran.
That combination really doesn't jive with his one-word response to just about everything.

(Think he still holds a grudge Republicans chose McCain over Romney in 2008. He's eluded to that a few times before.)

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1155877 Jun 24, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
Got a few more minutes...
So whatever happened to that CIA agent whose name was leaked because of a "slip up" on the part of Obama's team? The same agent who was operating undercover in a dangerous part of the Middle East?
Unlike the CIA agent who sat at a desk in Virginia...for which a Republican was sent to prison?
Funny how these stories never seem to be as important by the media under this administration.
We've all but forgotten about this guy already. It became a media frenzy under Bush and Scooter Libby became a household name.
Remember...Valerie Plame had a safe and cushy desk job in Virginia. Hope she got out alive.
The ISIS has found this administration so open with their information.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1155878 Jun 24, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>That might very well be the only post ever for you that was worth reading.
"poop"
When our you going to offer a post that makes cents?
Peace
KMA
GPUAR
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1155879 Jun 24, 2014
The Right All Along wrote:
<quoted text> 950 lies, huh? Well you should have no problem then, Missy.
2."You can keep your doctor".
Two up on you. Go 950. Come on, you go gurl! Lol
Just a couple of the (35 lies he told.
10. "I have been very candid about my past." Bush said this during a press conference a few days before Election Day 2000. He was then in the middle of media firestorm that followed the revelation that he had once been arrested for drunken driving. Of course, this statement was untrue. He uttered it while he was trying to explain why he had not been "candid" about his arrest record. And during the campaign, he had not been "candid" about other significant matters, including what seemed to be a missing year in his National Guard service (which did not jibe with what he wrote about his service in his autobiography) and his apparent (though unacknowledged) shift from supporting abortion rights in the late-1970s to opposing them in the 1990s. He also was not "candid" about the tax plans he had pushed while governor of Texas. He always referred to them as "tax cuts" and did not mention that his major tax proposal included both tax cuts for property owners and an increase in the sales tax and the creation of a new business tax.

9. "I’m a uniter not a divider." This was a Bush catchphrase, a mantra. It was shorthand for his claim that he engaged in positive, not negative, politics and could heal a political culture ripped apart by the bitter ideological and partisan combat of the Clinton years. Yet during the 2000 presidential campaign and the Florida fracas, Bush and his lieutenants engaged in down-and-dirty and divisive political maneuvers. Just ask Senator John McCain, Bush’s main Republican opponent, whose record on veterans affairs was falsely attacked by a Bush surrogate and who was accused falsely by the Bush campaign of opposing research for breast cancer. As president-elect, Bush nominated one of the most divisive ideologues in Washington, former Senator John Ashcroft, to be attorney general. During a pre-inauguration interview, Bush acknowledged that he expected Ashcroft to be a lightning rod. But would-be uniters-not-dividers do not shove lightning rods up the backsides of their opponents. Another example: during the 2002 congressional campaign, Bush accused Democrats—who differed with him on employment rules for the new Department of Homeland Security—of sacrificing national security for their own petty purposes. He did this to help elect Republicans to office. Such a move was well within his rights as a political player, but not the action of a fellow who cares more about uniting than dividin
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1155880 Jun 24, 2014
That would be 935 lies.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1155881 Jun 24, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously though...Realtime is certainly not keeping up with current events. Can't count the number of times I've had to inform him of the headlines with sources - even from the liberal media.
So it's either the three syllable explanation or the intoxicated one. Not sure which. It's just clear his denial trumps reality whether intentional or not - sober or otherwise.
And I once had such high hopes for Realtime. He was raised on a dairy farm and a veteran.
That combination really doesn't jive with his one-word response to just about everything.
(Think he still holds a grudge Republicans chose McCain over Romney in 2008. He's eluded to that a few times before.)
Gibberish. Realtime is 10 times the person you could ever be.

You are a mindless drone who's never had an original thought, you know: A Fox News viewer.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1155882 Jun 24, 2014
Homer wrote:
Seriously do rightwingers wash their hands after using the bathroom?
"A little personal hygiene goes a long way" - Homer
Even if most all the men Squat like Galt does?
Olive Oil

Buffalo, NY

#1155883 Jun 24, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Your friend was sacrificed for nothing. That's a shame..
My Friend died for what he believed was The Greater Good - American Freedom. That is not nothing.
He died defending The Oath he swore: To protect and defend America.

What is a shame, is that Baraq is still sacrificing American lives.
And taking innocent ones indiscriminately with his Drones.

Your shame is in justifying these actions by Baraq while condemning them by Bush.

And in sacrificing your integrity to keep the ruse and deceptions of a corrupt communist non-president in play.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1155884 Jun 24, 2014
I've grown tired of the constant rightwing attacks on Obama lo these many years, do you think the same is in store for Hillary's 8 year presidency?

I will give rightwingers some credit, they are persistent little bastards.

They are like a hound dog with a bone or a pit bull with it's jaw locked on to your ankle.

Location hidden

#1155885 Jun 24, 2014
Olive Oil wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you always this ignorant? Most members of The Tea Party are White because they oppose this administration's Big Government Agenda.
92% of Black Americans support Obama.
So, it's not that they are not welcome at the Tea Party, to be Members or to attend because the Tea Party Members are racist - It's because Black Americans have no common political interests or ideologies with the Tea Party. Unless they are Conservatives.
Well if most black people think the Tea Party Members are racist, that comes from their own projections then, doesn't it. Are you always this naïve?
To answer your last question - sad to say it but, yes, he IS always this naïve. But denial can make one sound naïve. And/or look foolish. Whichever.

My personal opinion is that some on here who sound and/or look foolish have just been misled by the pied pipers of propaganda.

They simply choose to believe the lies, pretend like they don't hear the lies, or just don't want to know the truth.

Has to be one - or all - of the above.

Republicans aren't perfect. But they've been blamed wrongly for just about everything by the propagandists and this administration. Posters like sonic never question that blame might lie elsewhere as well.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1155886 Jun 24, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Fell better now babe?

Truth is I've written your lying scumbag azz off and only reply to your more ridiculous offerings. I don't even read the nonsense your troll pal roxlo puts up.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1155887 Jun 24, 2014
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"poop"
You bite every time. You are predictable. I try to make sure I have a misspelled word in every just to make your day.
Peace
KMA
GPUAR
Sure you did it on purpose ...LIAR...You mean like this obvious lie from you.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1155888 Jun 24, 2014
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Gibberish. Realtime is 10 times the person you could ever be.
You are a mindless drone who's never had an original thought, you know: A Fox News viewer.
this coming from a marshmallow Obamabot who sucks down the DemoKKKrat party line without question....

those who live in glass houses......
Buroc Millhouse Obama

New Britain, CT

#1155889 Jun 24, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Still pissed over having to eat more crow...Huh Loser?
Not at all. I would be happy for you, but you have the deserved reputation as the thread "embellisher" so I don't take you seriously, "Wilhelm".

Only a loser would feel the need to be a braggart about going on a "glorious" East Coast vacation, ending up in Bumpass.

Keep on BSing, retard. Knock yourself out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr Ben Avraham 72,047
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 hr Sublime1 105,379
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 3 hr what a russsh 11,599
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 hr loose cannon 243,102
News A Big Fish in a little marina (Jan '09) 16 hr Kasmier 19
News Rauner courts black votes with $1M investment (Oct '14) 20 hr RUN OUTA ILLINOIS 14
US Media Humiliated, all in 1 day. 20 hr US Media is Malig... 10

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages