Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1580759 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Stop child soldiers ”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1155337 Jun 23, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Now you whiners are dredging up those old rusted, out of date canisters left over from the late 80s & claiming we went to war for that???
Dave, you are so stuck wanting to believe only things that support your narrative that you are failing to realize that it is now 6 to 10 years later and the things you are clutching so hard to is not necessarily so as the world has moved on without you.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1155338 Jun 23, 2014
Under Stockman’s bill,“The Dog Ate My Tax Receipts Act,” taxpayers who do not provide documents requested by the IRS can claim one of the following reasons:
The dog ate my tax receipts
Convenient, unexplained, miscellaneous computer malfunction
Traded documents for five terrorists
Burned for warmth while lost in the Yukon
Left on table in Hillary’s Book Room
Received water damage in the trunk of Ted Kennedy’s car
Forgot in gun case sold to Mexican drug lords
Forced to recycle by municipal Green Czar
Was short on toilet paper while camping
At this point, what difference does it make?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1155339 Jun 23, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, Galt you need to understand the Clintons are the POOR one per centers
Pfft, Realtime they are rich and it is absurd for either Hillary or you to tell Americans that they are POOR comparing them to the majority of Americans who have way more less
the Clintons are NOT one percenters......

they are at the 0.01% level, or higher.....

the super rich........
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1155340 Jun 23, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
you are the one lacking sensitivity to racist language......just like most African-Americans......
so go back and examine your language....not to mention your condescending attitude.....
You are such a total hater and miserable person you imagine hatefulness, that's what you are.If you weren't such an idiot I would almost feel sorry for your pathetic existence. Every word out of you mouth is condescending you moron. By the way limpdic I'm not black but if I were I would be proud of it. While you obviously have absolutely nothing to be proud of and it shows. Idiots like you are our best weapon.

“Stop child soldiers ”

Location hidden

#1155341 Jun 23, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Wasn't the Arab Spring primarily about over throwing dictators & absolute Monarchies for a more democratic government.
You know how your buddy's last excuse for invading Iraq was spreading democracy. I thought you whiners loved democracy. Now you don't support it?
Wow, Obama advocating for democracy is bad?
Yea, how did this disaster of a foreign policy by Obama and Clinton work out.

It required much more than wishful thinking. I even know that you cannot leave power voids--you should know this too
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1155342 Jun 23, 2014
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor baby failure doesn't like capitalism. North Korea has a space for you commie!
lol! Well gee son!

Then you're ecstatic for the financial collapse caused by the illegal greedy bankers, mortgage brokers, realtors, etc....

Stand up and be counted as one whose proud of what they did to America! Go on son!

Stand tall!!!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1155343 Jun 23, 2014
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
No fun being exposed as a racists pig, is it Ghost?
I'm sure it was done to you many, many times son.

And you still haven't learned!

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1155344 Jun 23, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Hillary is the only one claiming poverty....Bill is smarter than that.....
Bill has always talked about how wealthy he is.
I think this is how he looks listening to Hillary's poverty stories.
http://www.rushimg.com/cimages//media/images/...

Since: May 11

Carlisle, PA

#1155345 Jun 23, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay now the count down begins. I am starting at six making this number seven
Dave for the seventh time now claims Saddam could have stopped the Iran enrichment program that was already occurring while Saddam was in power.
The claim I said Iran wasn't selling oil is another one of those crazy windmills you made up so you could lamely knock them down. Grow up, everyone is on to your childish mis-stating what a person has said so you can lamely claim some stupid victory. YOU are one bold face lying here, but that is your game isn't it?
Now, you want to get into a discussion on what causes the price of oil.
The Iraq conflict did affect oil prices as this occurred at the same time there was problem in Venezuela--another oil rich country.
We saw the same thing occurring with the Libya civil war.
However, since the Iraq war..
"Other major factors contributing to higher prices included a weak dollar and the rapid growth in Asian economies and their petroleum consumption."
You should have KNOWN this Dave. Asians increasing demands for oil is well known
"Although not well publicized OPEC has for several years depended on a policy that amounts to world inventory management. Its primary reason for cutting back on production in November 2006 and again in February 2007 was concern about growing OECD inventories. Their focus is on total petroleum inventories including crude oil and petroleum products, which is a better indicator of prices that oil inventories alone."
http://www.wtrg.com/prices.htm
In 2006 and 2007 is were you see really big spikes in oil prices occurring.
As I already told you OPEC greatly influences the price of oil. This spike went down with the world wide recession but within a couple years it was back up again
NO, Dave, Saddam remaining in power would have had little to do with current oil prices it was absurd for you to claim it would have.
No, you are lying again.
I never claimed Sadam could have stopped Iran's enrichment program. Lie number 1 I said removing Sadam enabled Iran to focus their spending away from defense from Iraq toward other programs.
I said when the price of oil went up after the Bush invasion, it gave Iran more money for their programs. You then said I was wrong & if I ever heard about the 1979 sanctions. You & I both know you were trying top say these 1979 sanctions stopped Iran from selling their oil else why would you have said it. This is lie number two.
I never said the Iraq war was the cause of every increase in the price of oil. Lie number 3 The Iraq war did cause the price of oil to go up & remained a factor for a decade. This increase in oil meant higher profits for Iran enabling them to fund more programs.

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#1155347 Jun 23, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong you incredible twit! John Kerry testified about the atrocities that were being commited in our name. And no he wasn't drafted you DAMNED LIAR, he volunteered, unlike Mitt Romney who despite being pro war and pro draft decided to sit on the sidelines like the war mongering coward he was.
It also wasn't Johnson who escalated the war LIAR; it was Nixon who expanded it into Laos and Cambodia. It was also Nixon who through his intermediaries who convinced the South Vietnamese to step away from peace negotiations and as a result extended the war and cost thousands of more American lives.
You're an idiot Carol; you always have been and always will be!
Johnson didn't escalate the war with hid Gulf of Tonkin incident?

Did Kerry witness these incidents?
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1155348 Jun 23, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
there you go again ........
and insult the mentally challenged, to boot.....
Ghost is the fool who keeps on giving.....
Only in your warped mind, no one but you sees things that way.

“Stop child soldiers ”

Location hidden

#1155349 Jun 23, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Hillary is the only one claiming poverty....Bill is smarter than that.....
Hillary is stuck with being a "right" fighter. She said something dumb about being poor. Rather than cutting her losses and moving on, she keeps being the gift that keeps giving.

The reason why the more she talks the more her popularity deteriorates.
GayGhostsmama

Palm Coast, FL

#1155350 Jun 23, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Still another Waxturd...as a human you are disgraceful. I'm sure despised by all that know your retarded azz, Me happy you miserable...That makes me the winner ...
Your turds have turned to wax because you are a disgraceful, despised, miserable retarded azz loser, Honey?

Since: May 14

Location hidden

#1155351 Jun 23, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Hillary is stuck with being a "right" fighter. She said something dumb about being poor. Rather than cutting her losses and moving on, she keeps being the gift that keeps giving.
Have you listened to Ted Cruz lately?
Bradley Chisholm

Palm Coast, FL

#1155352 Jun 23, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>He was appointed.either way he ruined every thing that idiot touched.
And the absolute final ruin was having us end up with the incompetent, non-transparent Obama liar parading around as if he knows how to lead the country.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1155353 Jun 23, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
Folks, one of the first things that ISIS did when invading Iraq was to locate and kill the judge who sentenced Saddam to death.
It shows a total lack of knowledge on your part to make any claims that they were not sympathetic to the Saddam regime.
Thank you, Miss Clueless.

ISIS is made up of many different factions. I know you don't understand that.

You don't know anything, yet make absurd claims. Here's reality:

----------

""SIS was formed in April 2013 and grew out of al-Qaeda in Iraq (AQI). It has since been disavowed by al-Qaeda, but become one of the main jihadist groups fighting government forces in Syria and is making military gains in Iraq.

The final "S" in the acronym ISIS stems from the Arabic word "al-Sham". This can mean the Levant, Syria or even Damascus but in the context of the global jihad it refers to the Levant.

Its precise size is unclear but it is thought to include thousands of fighters, including many foreign jihadists. Correspondents say it appears to be surpassing al-Qaeda as the world's most dangerous jihadist group.""

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-241...

----------

Saddam died long before any such idea as ISIS. DUH

To say they were associated in any way proves how you oversimplify very complex issues to fit your bumper sticker mind.

One of the factions are Sunni loyalists to Saddam, who we overthrew to put Shiites in power.

If it surprises you that Saddam's people have scores to settle, you're even dumber than you look.

All we did in Iraq was try to stop a Sunni-Shiite Civil War. We failed, now they will have their Civil War.

We didn't have these problems before stupid Bush deposed Saddam.

Bush's Daddy invaded Iraq, destroyed the Army and infrastructure, and left.

Overthrowing Saddam was the biggest mistake America has ever made. He wasa secular leader, and kept the religious mullahs on a short leash.

Now look at the wars these same mullahs are promoting.

And you , as usual, are clueless.

Go back to something you understand, like Cliven Bundy.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1155354 Jun 23, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>You are such a total hater and miserable person you imagine hatefulness, that's what you are.If you weren't such an idiot I would almost feel sorry for your pathetic existence. Every word out of you mouth is condescending you moron. By the way limpdic I'm not black but if I were I would be proud of it. While you obviously have absolutely nothing to be proud of and it shows. Idiots like you are our best weapon.
perhaps you are Cherokee like Ms. Warren......

either way, denying your heritage is pathetic......
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1155356 Jun 23, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Hillary has this desperate need to get down with the poor....who rejected her last time around....

hard to believe that real DemoKKKrats want a plutocrat like Hillary.....

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#1155357 Jun 23, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
South Dakota??
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Yea, South Dakota. That place with 3.7% unemployment with a budget surplus.
Patrick n Angela

Palm Coast, FL

#1155358 Jun 23, 2014
Patrick n Angela wrote:
<quoted text>
Your trailer park went Condo?
I sure hope our trailer park goes Condo soon, too! Just sayin'
--Angela

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
last post wins! (Dec '10) 48 min honeymylove 3,204
Trump Just Sux 1 hr Vince McTrump 127
News Herea s where to watch the eclipse in Chicago 1 hr Ricardo montobomb 3
News Noise from new O'Hare runway angers Park Ridge ... (Dec '08) 3 hr Penny 198
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 5 hr They cannot kill ... 3,699
What's the real story about Charlottsville? 7 hr Sojourner UNtruth 19
Super Stalker 7 hr Donald Supporter 2

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages