Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
1,060,621 - 1,060,640 of 1,095,053 Comments Last updated 3 min ago
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2014

Judged:

Barry Soetoro Fan wrote:
The Hillary Tapes
Twenty-seven-year-old Hillary Rodham had just moved to Fayetteville, and was running the University of Arkansas’ newly-formed legal aid clinic, when she received a call from prosecutor Mahlon Gibson.
“The prosecutor called me a few years ago, he said he had a guy who had been accused of rape, and the guy wanted a woman lawyer,” said Clinton in the interview.“Would I do it as a favor for him?”
The case was not easy. In the early hours of May 10, 1975, the Springdale, Arkansas police department received a call from a nearby hospital. It was treating a 12-year-old girl who said she had been raped.
The suspect was identified as Thomas Alfred Taylor, a 41-year-old factory worker and friend of the girl’s family.
And though the former first lady mentioned the ethical difficulties of the case in Living History, her written account some three decades later is short on details and has a far different tone than the tapes.
“It was a fascinating case, it was a very interesting case,” Clinton says in the recording.“This guy was accused of raping a 12-year-old. Course he claimed that he didn’t, and all this stuff”(LISTEN HERE).
Describing the events almost a decade after they had occurred, Clinton’s struck a casual and complacent attitude toward her client and the trial for rape of a minor.
“I had him take a polygraph, which he passed – which forever destroyed my faith in polygraphs,” she added with a laugh.
Clinton can also be heard laughing at several points when discussing the crime lab’s accidental destruction of DNA evidence that tied Taylor to the crime.
From a legal ethics perspective, once she agreed to take the case, Clinton was required to defend her client to the fullest even if she did believe he was guilty.
“We’re hired guns,” Ronald D. Rotunda, a professor of legal ethics at Chapman University, told the Washington Free Beacon.“We don’t have to believe the client is innocent…our job is to represent the client in the best way we can within the bounds of the law.”
However, Rotunda said, for a lawyer to disclose the results of a client’s polygraph and guilt is a potential violation of attorney-client privilege.
“You can’t do that,” he said.“Unless the client says:‘You’re free to tell people that you really think I’m a scumbag, and the only reason I got a lighter sentence is because you’re a really clever lawyer.’”
Public records provide few details of what happened on the night in question. The Washington County Sherriff’s Office, which investigated the case after the Springdale Police Department handled the initial arrest, said it was unable to provide an incident report since many records from that time were not maintained and others were destroyed in a flood.
A lengthy yet largely overlooked 2008 Newsday story focused on Clinton’s legal strategy of attacking the credibility of the 12-year-old victim.
The girl had joined Taylor and two male acquaintances, including one 15-year-old boy she had a crush on, on a late-night trip to the bowling alley, according to Newsday.
Taylor drove the group around in his truck, pouring the girl whisky and coke on the way.
The group later drove to a “weedy ravine” near the highway where Taylor raped the 12-year-old.
Around 4 a.m., the girl and her mother went to the hospital, where she was given medical tests and reported that she had been assaulted.
Taylor was arrested on May 13, 1975. The court initially appointed public defender John Barry Baker to serve as his attorney. But Taylor insisted he wanted a female lawyer.
The lawyer he would end up with: Hillary Rodham.
That WAS pretty weird--talk about disconnect!
Agnostic

Muskogee, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2014

Judged:

forks_make_us_fat wrote:
Transparency....
'Sources: Lois Lerner’s emails likely gone forever'
'Ex-IRS official Lois Lerner’s crashed hard drive has been recycled, making it likely the lost emails of the lightening rod in the tea party targeting controversy will never be found, according to multiple sources.
“We’ve been informed that the hard drive has been thrown away,” Sen. Orrin Hatch of Utah, the top Republican on the Finance Committee, said in a brief hallway interview.'
http://www.politico.com/story/2014/06/irs-loi...
Our commander in chief told you stupid repubs there was no evidence of corruption not even a smidgeon because he's a Harvard grad and knows how to clean evidence unlike stupid repubs like Nixon who had tapes...hahahha how stupid is that?
That's just how we dems roll.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2014

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
The same thing happened in 1999. They were sued and the Redskins got their trademark back. Reid is insane in his attempts to divert attention from issues that truly concern the citizens.
The Washington Redskins were just standing there looking all privileged and stuff on the back of American Indians. So they were targeted by a class of men who pee sitting down.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2014

Judged:

fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>it appears she also was boned by former President Bill Clinton.
Okay BONEhead-@ you no brain required worm level---at least that sure ta hell WOULD be mucho improvement over McConnell, fo'sho.

DUHmmy.
Amy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2014

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Government, organization it doesn't matter.
Your idea that we can say anything is the same as something else because it might change in the future is a stupid argument.
Stupid.
I'm thinking today., You are making up sh*t about tomorrow.
Canada has had single payer since 1984. Is it the same as the VA?
Canada has issues so does the British system why don't you google the dissatisfaction in both systems. Why do you think people come here for medical care and they come from socialized medicine countries?

Prevented this

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2014

Judged:

flack wrote:
They do want to make it back, but maybe that's not why they spent the 14. Maybe they spent the 14 just for access. Hillary's cool, Hillary's hip, Hillary's the hottest thing going, they think.
Fifty-five percent the American people think that she's lying about Benghazi, think she mishandled it. Sixty-one percent think that about Obama. The disconnect, to me, is stunning. And people who are in the business, you would think, you know, being able to relate to, understand customers, American customers, people who buy books. You would think there would be some innate understanding. And there's none. There's a total belief in the buzz and the PR, and the Clinton name, that it's magic and it's gonna result in what? Millions of copies sold? Who believed this?
Now even with $50 million of free advertising, and not just free, but puff piece advertising. Mrs. Clinton is being lauded and celebrated and puff pieced all over the place. She just had one somewhat tough interview on NPR, which doesn't cancel out all of the fawning stuff that she's gotten.
And my point, if you'll recall, is a quite, I think, salient point. Why does she need any publicity? This is Mrs. Hillary Clinton. She's the biggest, smartest woman in America, maybe the smartest woman in the world. She may be the first female president. She's secretary of state, first lady, why does she need a dime of promotion? Why, I would think Mrs. Clinton has a built-in audience that couldn't wait to buy her book, but apparently not.
And who didn't know that? The people who are in business to know that didn't know that nobody cares. And even the people buying the book aren't gonna read it. And you know why? Because nobody believes what's in it is true. Nobody believes that Mrs. Clinton's really gonna tell us what did or didn't happen in Benghazi in this book and nobody believes that she's
Look, this is embarrassing. This is Hillary Clinton. And to have it out there now from an inside source at Simon & Schuster that this book is a bomb? You know, books, in a way -- not always, but some, like movies, you better show up big the first weekend or you're in trouble. If you don't go boffo box office the first weekend with a movie, you got some problems. It's different from book to book.(interruption) Why are you looking at me? Well, why not? Two books in the top five. Children's list, New York Times, going on 30 weeks. I've gotten not one dime of free media from anybody. Well, I take it back. Fox & Friends might have mentioned it, but I haven't done any interviews. I haven't gone anywhere. There hasn't been any significant time. I haven't promoted it other than here. I haven't gone out and done appearances, none of that.
There hasn't been any fawning coverage of me. Some of the coverage, some of the reviews have been good. I must admit that. Some of the reviews have actually been good, truthful, and honest, in local papers around the country. But nowhere near the kind of rollout that average authors and nowhere near what Mrs. Clinton has done here. But my point always has been why does she need this? If you believe the prepub, if you believe all of this image, buzz, and PR that this is the smartest woman and everybody's behind her and everybody wants her to be great and everybody wants her to become president, the first female, all this, she ought to have a built-in audience just clamoring lining up to buy the book just with the knowledge it's on sale that day, not because they're watching TV and can told or convinced or persuaded to go buy it. If they have to do that to get people to buy this book, it's already a failure, if you ask me.
50 million dollars of free advertising-and yet sells only 60 thousand books, sounds like liberalism to me. Isn't this how liberals roll?

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2014

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
Chile defeated Spain today for the first time ever__Spain was as gracious in defeat as it has been in victory.
The Netherlands outmugged Australia earlier to advance.
This is so far a very good World Cup.
It's like watching grass grow. Boring as hell.

Prevented this

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2014

Judged:

Agnostic wrote:
<quoted text>
Our commander in chief told you stupid repubs there was no evidence of corruption not even a smidgeon because he's a Harvard grad and knows how to clean evidence unlike stupid repubs like Nixon who had tapes...hahahha how stupid is that?
How to clean evidence: liberalism 101: Lois Lerner hard drives destroyed.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2014

Judged:

Agnostic wrote:
<quoted text>
Given youselves WAY too much credit for any actual rational brain activity??
Yep.
Cuz in commie dictator lands of delusions...theys no such thing as System back ups--cause it awrl a vid-ee-yo's fault.
That be you current DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHmocRaTic representation.
Penelope Buckingham

Palm Coast, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2014

Judged:

Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Waa, waa, goes the sock master. A bagger talking about an education...Talk about funny.
Typical immature banter; get an education, you fool.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2014

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> It's like watching grass grow. Boring as hell.
Like watching cars go round in circles...men chasing little round things on ice...or bouncing/hitting balls up and down floors or green turfs..

Be thankful the World Cup is boring this year Flack.

2022 it's been scheduled for Qatar....or at least that's what the most recent agenda stated.
Penelope Buckingham

Palm Coast, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2014

Judged:

Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Waa,waa, sock attack, sock attack. I love your paranoia.
Typical Bumpass behavior; get an education, you fool.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2014

Judged:

"Copyright, a form of intellectual property law, protects original works of authorship including literary, dramatic, musical, and artistic works, such as poetry, novels, movies, songs, computer software, and architecture."

Look out conservative authors, artists, software designers! Obama's goons are on your doorstep.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2014

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> It's like watching grass grow. Boring as hell.
and thank God we're NOT, "all the same"...eh Flack.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2014

Judged:

Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>But you do them so well.
Have a nice day goober-hope you enjoyed the article, as I did!!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2014

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>You're wrong lily. All grades of Floridians qualify for and receive Medicaid.
Consider the nursing homes, group homes etc.
Those are people who are over 65 or disabled.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2014

Judged:

Asked Wednesday if he had any response to criticism by Vice President Dick Cheney and his daughter Liz that no president had done worse in office than Barack Obama, White House press secretary Jay Carney delivered the perfect reply.

"Which president was he talking about?" he deadpanned at his final White House briefing.

"It's always good to hear from former Vice President Dick Cheney," he added

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/18/jay-...

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2014

Judged:

Amy wrote:
<quoted text>
Canada has issues so does the British system why don't you google the dissatisfaction in both systems. Why do you think people come here for medical care and they come from socialized medicine countries?
I've posted this before, all one needs do is see the parking lots of doctors in the state that border Canada, the lots are full of cars with Canadian plates
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2014

Judged:

Rubio Opposes Ruling Out Stupid Actions

Marco Rubio is annoyed that Obama has ruled out sending ground troops to Iraq:

“I don’t think it’s wise for the commander in chief to step forward and immediately begin to rule options out. Even if he never intends to send a single American soldier, he shouldn’t be signaling that to terrorists,” Rubio (R-Fla.) said in an interview.“You should not be going around announcing what you won’t do.”

At best, this is a useless criticism. If someone replied to Rubio that he must think that putting U.S. forces on the ground in Iraq is an acceptable option, he would probably respond angrily that he doesn’t want to do that.“No one’s talking about boots on the ground,” he would say, despite the fact that some hawks are proposing exactly that in the case of Iraq. Unless Rubio believes that it is an acceptable thing to do, why object to ruling it out? The reality is that Obama ruled out this option because it is an obvious political non-starter in the U.S., and more important it would result in risking and losing more American lives for no discernible purpose. Do Republicans want to be the party that reflexively supports sending American soldiers to fight unnecessary wars? That is what they will be, and that is how they will be perceived, if they follow the likes of Rubio.

This reminds me of the complaint that Obama was supposedly wrong to rule out military action in Ukraine. The critics making this complaint couldn’t defend the proposition that military action would be appropriate or successful, and they would probably be outraged if someone suggested that they were advocating for war, but they were happy to complain that the obviously stupid option had been ruled out from the start. When Rubio or other hawks say things like this, I would like someone to ask them the follow-up question,“Do you believe that it is appropriate to risk American lives to shore up an abusive sectarian government?” If they do, the burden should be on them to justify including that as something that the U.S. should consider doing. If they don’t, their complaint should be dismissed as the publicity-seeking stunt that it probably is.

This is why the public will continue to distrust the GOP on foreign policy no matter what most Americans think of Obama’s record. Chris Preble summed this up earlier this week:

Obama’s unofficial mantra “don’t do stupid [stuff],” so ripe for ridicule by the pro-war faction, looks preferable to the alternative:“we do stupid stuff, and we’re proud of it!”

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/lariso...
Whatever

Gering, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2014

Judged:

Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes we should be in five different wars in five different countries by now, huh?
NBC/WSJ poll 54% says that Obama "Can't lead; get the job done."

"Quack, quack"--Obama

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

30 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 13 min Yahoo 49,229
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 34 min Insect Trust 68,820
Ferguson police shoot another black unarmed man! 38 min Hayden 22
29 Shot in Spate ofWeekend Chicago Violence 53 min Anonymous 4
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 hr Mister Tonka 97,727
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 3 hr andet1987 550
Word (Dec '08) 3 hr andet1987 4,625
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr LRS 176,650
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••