Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1232300 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1153621 Jun 20, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
If you think for one minute our community organizing political activist president would have had the initiative to go after bin Laden after 9/11, you're crazy and/or delusional.
Obama did what any sitting president would have done when they found him after nearly a decade. Obama was still a corrupt Chicago politician when it began and worried more about ObamaCare and his legacy right up until they found him.
It doesn't take a whole lot of courage to say "yes" when asked "can we kill him now?" Especially when you have a deck of cards and someone who will play with you because watching it unfold is "too intense".
Yeah, PDupont, that takes a lot of guts.
You're a GD liar. President Obama got Osama. Period. It was his initiative and his accomplishment; while your Bush said "I don't really think about Osama" HAAAA!
The Bush family has been in bed with the Bin Ladens for years; never bothered you did it?
Bush allowed the Saudis to round up and leave the country after 9/11!!
Talk about corruption? I think you're truly insane.

“Stop Child Soliders”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1153622 Jun 20, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>one can erase tape recordings as we found out...even 18:20 worth of them.
interestingly, the exact length of Arlo Guthrie's song, "Alice's Restaurant"...
Swwooosh

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1153623 Jun 20, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush called Bin Laden irrelevant. Obama ran on getting Bin Laden & Did. Amnd yuou ewhiners just can't stand it.
Bad choice of words.

But Bush had repeatedly said he wanted Osama bin Laden "dead or alive."

When asked to elaborate on what he meant about not being too concerned about him, Bush said: "Well, as I say, we haven't heard much from him. And I wouldn't necessarily say he's at the center of any command structure. And, again, I don't know where he is. I -- I'll repeat what I said. I truly am not that concerned about him."

Bush was right. He still wanted him dead or alive but to put just one face on terror after 9/11 would have been a big mistake.
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1153624 Jun 20, 2014
Patricia Witherspoon wrote:
<quoted text> Where's your drunken twin sister from Bumpass raton,fl? Early Happy Hour for the two of you princesses today?
OH, you need someone to do your nails sweetie? Dumbazz.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1153625 Jun 20, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>and that didn't have anything to do with the topic either.... but then you never do, do you?
you are kind of like the village idiot here, just stumbling around making a total ass of yourself with your idiocy for all to laugh at.
'why do you think your whackjob posts are even worthy of a response? i have proven so many of them false, as i have clearly and verifiably pointed out earlier today..

why should anyone even listen to you ever again, seeing what bullshit you have posted in the past? seriously...why?'

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1153626 Jun 20, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
As a political analyst noted the other day, Obama is from the corrupt Chicago political train of thought which is...if I do something nice for you, you are obligated to do something nice for me in return.
He's carried that train of thought to the White House dealing with terrorists thinking it still applies to dealing with other corrupt politicians.
Thought that was an insightful observation.
that is how politics has worked across this nation and world since it was created...

wow! you really will parrot anything without even attempting to look at it logically, won't you?
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1153627 Jun 20, 2014
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>You can tell more about ghost by what he says about others than you can by what others say about you retard...
10-4 Big Buddy!! LMFAO.. you dumbass.
It's the culture...
'10-4'

oh gosh.....funn-E......
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1153628 Jun 20, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>and that didn't have anything to do with the topic either.... but then you never do, do you?
you are kind of like the village idiot here, just stumbling around making a total ass of yourself with your idiocy for all to laugh at.
Funny you make no points, but make prolific usage of pejoratives and ad hominems, you village retard. Kinda like a 10 year old with turrets stumbling around the playground you dumbass, making a total ass of yourself, you retard...

Given that you Jeff appear incapable of posting without childish name calling and one does wonder if not you are the idiot, you retard.

It's the culture...

“Stop Child Soliders”

Location hidden

#1153629 Jun 20, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>one can erase tape recordings as we found out...even 18:20 worth of them.
interestingly, the exact length of Arlo Guthrie's song, "Alice's Restaurant"...
https://twitter.com/UniteRight/status/4800099...
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1153630 Jun 20, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
My poor cross dressing dummy Waxman has no shame as he admits that he is a bisexual. Hey that's ok with the Dems come on out. I'm sure you are just as ugly as a woman.
You baggers ghost have a compulsion to discuss your homosexual and cross dressing perversions....

It's the culture....

St. Croix valley

#1153631 Jun 20, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you are OFF chasing squirrels again.
Obama 2012: "Al Qaeda is on the run." 2011 Biden cheers Iraq victory.
Two years later Al Qaeda OWNS sections of Iraq.
Focus: Who was the POTUS these last two years?
in fact, AQ denounces ISIS as not theirs...

facts are fun!
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1153632 Jun 20, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Admitting Error on Iraq Is the Beginning of Foreign Policy Reform
Michael Brendan Dougherty appeals to Republicans to admit their errors on Iraq:
Republican lawmakers should stand up now because it is also a necessary course correction for their entire party. Democrats survived the Cold War and the charge of “losing China” by over-compensating in their militarism and their anti-communism. Even then, the foreign policy electoral advantage of Republicans was massive for four decades. But the polarity of American foreign policy politics may have reversed.
....Dougherty is right to urge Republicans to make this admission, and I agree that it is necessary if the GOP is to have any chance of regaining the public’s trust on foreign policy. However, admitting that the war was a “mistake” without making significant changes to the way that one thinks about the relevant issues won’t be enough. The real test for “peace-making” Republicans in office won’t be whether they can be made to acknowledge something about a disastrous war that at least two-thirds of the country already knows, but whether they can avoid making similarly terrible foreign policy judgments when the next debate over the use of force takes place. That will require seriously altering the way that most Republicans have thought about these issues since the end of the Cold War, and that won’t take place until at least some of them take the lead in acknowledging their past errors.
http://www.theamericanconservative.com/lariso...
Republicans never admit their mistakes, the president admits a mistake and they immediately call him a liar.
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

#1153633 Jun 20, 2014
Nostrilis Waxmoron wrote:
<quoted text>
Only a moron would make this claim. Even a 5 year old knows everyone pays sales tax. And what about property tax, gas tax, FICA, SS tax??
What about oil companies that make billions and yet we SUBSIDIZE them!
You win "clueless of the day" award with this dumbass comment.
And yet the taxes you mention are not the taxes which fund the social welfare programs in this country that the 51% take advantage of and many live off of. Nice try though.
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1153634 Jun 20, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
'10-4'
oh gosh.....funn-E......

It was meant to make idiots laugh, worked great on you and Surprize.

“Stop Child Soliders”

Location hidden

#1153635 Jun 20, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
context? seeing as how everyone pays some kind of taxes.
LOL, you all thought someone's sock posting--dems are the party of knowledge --was outright brilliance then you want to turn around and act dumber than dirt.

Ghost incapable of answering who was the POTUS the last two years?

You and Moron claiming to have never heard of the 49% of pop pays federal income tax number.

The IRS lamely claiming the mail server was on Lerner's computer or some other BS

Yea, if this is high intelligence you guys want to pat yourself on the back for....you are in trouble.
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1153636 Jun 20, 2014
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>You baggers ghost have a compulsion to discuss your homosexual and cross dressing perversions....
It's the culture....
Of course the "FACT" that your side is always using female names is ok huh. Psycho?
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1153637 Jun 20, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
context? seeing as how everyone pays some kind of taxes.
I bet you use every tax break you can find to avoid paying your real rate....

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1153638 Jun 20, 2014
If you want to give something back that wasn't yours, you can't give it back after you've broken it.

"Iraq is one of the Obama administration's greatest achievements."
~Vice-President Joe Biden
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1153639 Jun 20, 2014
Seriously, our immigration policy is racist at best, if Germans, and English and Irish were trying to come in to the country, rightwingers would welcome them with open arms.

Homer says open the borders and let everyone in.

A stagnant or slow growing population is the death knell for a civilization, we are and old and dying population, we need an influx of young families yearning to breathe free and pay taxes.

St. Croix valley

#1153640 Jun 20, 2014
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Funny you make no points, but make prolific usage of pejoratives and ad hominems, you village retard. Kinda like a 10 year old with turrets stumbling around the playground you dumbass, making a total ass of yourself, you retard...
Given that you Jeff appear incapable of posting without childish name calling and one does wonder if not you are the idiot, you retard.
It's the culture...
i did make a point, you are just too stupid to realize that.

my point was that you are not smart enough to even post on topic. you are nto smart enough to understand the topic being discussed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr JRB 189,746
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr As reported 53,472
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 3 hr Net Workit 5,994
Amy 5-23 12 hr mrs gladys kravitz 3
Abby 5-23 12 hr mrs gladys kravitz 2
News AP Exclusive: Union members appointed after $10... (Mar '08) 13 hr RICO 7,567
Word (Dec '08) 15 hr Dream Crystal 5,239
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]