Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1604135 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#1154877 Jun 22, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Republicans are deny health coverage by refusing the Medicaid expansion.
Those added under the expansion are likely working you stupid f*ck.
And really Medicaid covers the cost of health services before you drag out that excuse again.
Adding these people to Medicaid is cheaper than buying them private insurance policies.
well, dumber than shit dave, you going to tell us how BO couldn;t find the mastermind of Bengazi when the NYT's and CNN had no trouble? In fact sat down with him in a coffee shop out in the open? This lying traitor could crap on yur face and you'd say "Please Sir, I want some more"

“you know i know”

denver

#1154878 Jun 22, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, it does,
Republican Cruelty In Action as The Richer Get Richer While Growth in Poverty Explodes
http://www.politicususa.com/2013/05/29/republ...
Blame BO, its his doing, Run a Mug, or is Bush pulling the strings from behind the scenes?

5 1/2 years in office, still 47 million on food stamps. Bush's fault? Or BO's fault?

Trillions doled out to WS and the biggest banks, Bush's doing? Or BO's?

“you know i know”

denver

#1154879 Jun 22, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
How Reagan Armed Saddam with Chemical Weapons
http://www.counterpunch.org/2004/06/17/how-re...
bad enough that the Bush apology tour will seemingly have to go on for decades, now we have the Reagan apology tour.
don't you people ever get tired of apologizing?
Reagan and Saddam are both dead, Run a Mug, scumbag failure BO is in charge now, wake up.
TPRTY

United States

#1154880 Jun 22, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>when did i say that?
funny how you have to lie about me in an attempt to bring me down to your level. all i need to do is point out the idiocy and fallacies of your own posts to keep you at your level...
squirm away, little slug, squirm away....
Tough to remember all those lies, huh?
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>ummm...my words still carry their full weight whether face to face or continents apart...
Like I said, about a month ago,¨little slug¨. Now YOU ¨squirm away.¨

“you know i know”

denver

#1154881 Jun 22, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
After spending two days on the lam, a Florida doomsday prepper gave up his plans for a bloody battle with police in exchange for some dry shoes and some cheeseburgers.
Martin Winters had run into the woods earlier this week to evade capture by federal agents attempting to arrest him on federal charges of designing and building destructive devices without a permit and other charges.
The head of a Christian-based doomsday group, River Otter Preppers, Wilson had long talked about an apocalyptic battle between group members and law enforcement and had readied for the battle with caches of weapons and lethal booby-traps surrounding his home.
Read more at http://issuehawk.com/tamar/2014/06/19/doomsda...
Meanwhile, BO's "sons" continue their killing unimpeded and apologized for.

Since: May 11

Carlisle, PA

#1154882 Jun 23, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
well, dumber than shit dave, you going to tell us how BO couldn;t find the mastermind of Bengazi when the NYT's and CNN had no trouble? In fact sat down with him in a coffee shop out in the open? This lying traitor could crap on yur face and you'd say "Please Sir, I want some more"
This from a Bush supporter who is trying to forget how his hero called Bin Laden irrelevant & never did get him as he went off to a new war based on lies.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1154883 Jun 23, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of fools, let us guess what you did all day again...
Lived you pathetic worthless communist life out on this thread again toady?
Yep, thought so.
Well, let's see old fanatical obsessed crazy person. We could start with you have 20 posts for ever one that I have....Now if we counted all your socks it would be fifty to one. My woman and I went for breakfast with a few friends and had a wonderful time, later we had lunch again with a few friends at a very nice Mexican dinner where we are always welcomed,. You should get out more. Then in the evening I got on my John Deere and mowed my yard. Today my gardener will be here to do all of the weed eating. So you see I always have a full day. Your paranoia is about to get the better of you although there isn't much left I suspect but a big hollow empty shell. Ghost only posts as Ghost, unlike you I want you idiots to know it's me.Your whining and sniveling has pretty much become your trademark.

Carlisle, PA

#1154884 Jun 23, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, this coming from someone demanding to know what Saddam and Musharraf did wrong. You cannot slur your way into promoting yourself as having a strong grasp on Mid-East politics. It was unthinking and stupid for you to try to do so.
You cannot rewind history--though lame Progressives choose to live in the past.
So, whose fault is it that Iran is moving ahead with the nuclear power? I assume that once again your lack of knowledge of Mid-East politics has handicapped you and you are NOT aware of the Obama Iran Nuclear Deal that he so proudly trumpeted would work.
Waltz's viewpoint was described by all as controversial in his obits. For good reason. "the historical record indicates that a country bent on acquiring nuclear weapons can rarely be dissuaded from doing so." Yea, so we allow all countries to get nuclear weapons because they want them really, really bad? This is one of his little gems of wisdom. The man was 86 when he wrote the essay and maybe past his prime intellectually.
Funny chit coming from the supporter of the Bush administration who did nothing to stop Iran after helping Iran by taking out Sadam.

President Obama put together a coalition of countries in placing significant sanctions on Iran & brought them to the table.

Carlisle, PA

#1154886 Jun 23, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Iran has power and influence they have because they have Russia influencing international reactions to the country.
The butcher of Baghdad was believed at one point to have some power over them but never enough to remove them from power and it is dim witted for anyone to imply Saddam did.
They always had that backing from Russia.

What changed was when your pal Bush took out their number one enemy, Sadam.

I have an idea. Why don't you take a break from Topix & become better informed instead of continuing to make an ass out of yourself here every day.

Bush's Mid East policies like invading Iraq drove up the price of oil which meant a huge jump in Iran oil sales revenues which gave them more money to invest in their nuclear ambitions. Especially when they no longer had to spend that money on defending themselves from Sadam.

You right whiners are dumber than sh*t.

Carlisle, PA

#1154887 Jun 23, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
nice obscenity, filthy pig.....
by the way, who put you in charge of defining racism???...
No surprise here that Galt would defend a slur slinger like Eed.

A person that uses racial slurs is a racist.

I'd much rarther spend time with people that say f*ck than racist f*cks like you & Eed.

r
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1154888 Jun 23, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
just think how the 9/11 terrorists could have saved the world if they had nuclear bombs on the planes.....
Yea thank goodness that didn't happen as Bush was asleep at the wheel, clearing brush at the ranch was his most important project. Protecting America was secondary. Personally I think we should send Bush-Cheney and their whole administration along with you idiots on the right to Iraq. It would be difficult to get a real set of balls in the whole bunch.
Bud

United States

#1154889 Jun 23, 2014
by Debra Heine 21 Jun 2014

Share This: 55 11

There's not a "smidgen of corruption" in the IRS scandal, and if you believe otherwise, you're a paranoid winger who believes in wacky conspiracy theories. That's the narrative being pushed by the Obama White House, Democrat congressmen and Dem strategists in the wake of the latest highly suspicious developments in the scandal.

Let's review for a moment what we're being asked to believe:

In May 2013, ahead of a damning IG report on their malfeasance, the IRS admitted to and apologized for politically targeting and, subjecting to undue scrutiny 501(c)4s that were flagged for containing words like “conservative, Christian, tea party, patriot, and Constitution.”

Lois Lerner, the head of the tax exempt organizations division, said at the time,“We made some mistakes. Some people didn’t use good judgment… For that we’re apologetic.”

The president and Attorney General were outraged and vowed to get to the bottom of it. Holder put one of his best attorneys on the case - Barbara Bosserman, who maxed out in donations to both of Barack Obama’s presidential campaigns.

At first, we were asked to believe it was just a few rogue agents in Cincinnati.

That turned out to be a lie.

As the scandal heated up, the Regime and its acolytes tried another tack - they claimed progressive groups were targeted just as much as conservative groups. Nothing to see, here.

That too was a lie.

continue...
Bud

United States

#1154890 Jun 23, 2014
Lois Lerner would go on to plead the Fifth Amendment right not to incriminate oneself at a Congressional hearing, last year.

But we're being asked to believe she has nothing to hide.

Now, after months of stonewalling congressional inquiries, the IRS is asking us to believe that for the period of January 2009 to April 2011, all e-mails between Lerner, and anyone outside the IRS were wiped out by a “computer crash.” Coincidentally, the same darn thing happened to six other IRS employees' emails - one of whom was a frequent White House visitor, and was in discussions with Lerner about helping the DOJ prosecute conservative non-profit groups. Huh!

Computer experts are coming out of the woodwork to say that the IRS's story strains credulity.

Norman Cillo, a former program manager at Microsoft, told The Blaze:“I don’t know of any e-mail administrator [who] doesn’t have at least three ways of getting that mail back. It’s either on the disks or it’s on a TAPE backup someplace on an archive server.”

Bruce Webster, an IT expert with 30 years of experience consulting with dozens of private companies, seconds this opinion:“It would take a catastrophic mechanical failure for Lerner’s drive to suffer actual physical damage, but in any case, the FBI should be able to recover something. And the FBI and the Justice Department know it.”

As House Ways and Means chairman Dave Camp put it - this loss means that “we are conveniently left to believe that Lois Lerner acted alone.”

But according to the White House and its loyal praetorians, if you're suspicious of any of this, you're a right-wing conspiracy nut.

On Friday, soon-to-be White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest repeatedly stressed to credulous reporters that “Republican conspiracy theories” were behind any and all questions involving the scandal.

Eric Bolling, filling in for Bill O'Reilly Friday night, debated a Democrat strategist who pushed the same talking points - including the now completely debunked claim that progressives were targeted by the IRS in equal numbers.

continued...
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1154891 Jun 23, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
No surprise here that Galt would defend a slur slinger like Eed.
A person that uses racial slurs is a racist.
I'd much rarther spend time with people that say f*ck than racist f*cks like you & Eed.
r
Galt is just a natural hater and a miserable lowlife, that's just who he is, Eed is just stupid and incapable of self thought, he attempts to be relative but is way too dumb, so he is basically just an irritant.
Bud

United States

#1154892 Jun 23, 2014
Emmy award winning former CBS reporter Sharyl Attkisson, who recently signed on with the Heritage Foundation's Daily Signal website, says that the Regime is engaged in a propaganda campaign to discourage reporters from reporting on stories that are damaging to them.

Asked by Lou Dobbs, why the media was behaving more like lapdogs than watchdogs, Attkisson explained, "I think to some degree they have been played by propaganda interests who suggest that if these stories are covered they are simply phony scandals that Republican generated."

Which they’re not, in my opinion. From a neutral viewpoint there are many important questions to be asked and implications here. But the propaganda campaign says that if you’re interested in the story you’re a conservative and a right-wing nut. And media should not be swayed by that but, I think to some degree they are.

Because of the Regime's success at "controversializing" such stories, the American public may never learn the truth about any number of Obama's scandals until he is long gone and it no longer matters.
Bud

United States

#1154893 Jun 23, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea thank goodness that didn't happen as Bush was asleep at the wheel, clearing brush at the ranch was his most important project. Protecting America was secondary. Personally I think we should send Bush-Cheney and their whole administration along with you idiots on the right to Iraq. It would be difficult to get a real set of balls in the whole bunch.
Hillary has a bigger set of balls than Obama ever dreamed of having...
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1154894 Jun 23, 2014
Bud wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank goodness Obama was in office the last 6 years....If McCain or the Republicans war mongers were in charge we would be in about five wars now. Thinking and planing are not a part of bagger mentality, act first is what got us into this mess to begin with. Iraq was a major blunder and there is absolutely nothing to gain from that mistake, and history is already showing that to be true. Only the very blind see it differently. Still there are those that persist in some kind of weird victory...There is no victory to be had. Bring all our troops home secure our borders and we can best protect our nation here at home. Then never elect a chickenhawk again.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1154895 Jun 23, 2014
Bud wrote:
<quoted text>
Republicans only have balls with other people sons and daughters.
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1154896 Jun 23, 2014
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
LIBYA DuPont.
FAILED Foreign Policy.
WTH WERE we doing in LIBYA-aside from breaching the CONSTITUTION and the War Powers Act, creating prime environments for failed statehoodieisms and regional weakness, and aiding and abetting armament to terrorist for the Arab spring uprisings?
Please jutt answer the kwestshun.
The US participated with NATO in Libya to prevent the slaughter of hundreds of thousands of civilians by the mercenary forces of Muammar al-Qaddafi and to prevent a refugee crisis that would have affected the surrounding regions including European countries on the Mediterranean. US involvement was limited to the use of unmanned drones and cruise missiles and providing logistical and intelligence data to NATO and other forces in the alliance.
The Constitution gives Congress the power to declare war but there's nothing in it that prevents the President from using the forces under his command to intervene in situations like Libya. There have been issues about whether the War Powers Act itself is constitutional. Ronald Reagan himself argued that it violated the separation of powers contained in the Constitution and himself was in violation of the act when he sent Marines into Lebanon and invaded Grenada.
While you may think that your creative spelling makes you look clever, it just demonstrates that you're an idiot.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1154897 Jun 23, 2014
Bud wrote:
by Debra Heine 21 Jun 2014
Share This: 55 11
There's not a "smidgen of corruption" in the IRS scandal, and if you believe otherwise, you're a paranoid winger who believes in wacky conspiracy theories. That's the narrative being pushed by the Obama White House, Democrat congressmen and Dem strategists in the wake of the latest highly suspicious developments in the scandal.
Let's review for a moment what we're being asked to believe:
In May 2013, ahead of a damning IG report on their malfeasance, the IRS admitted to and apologized for politically targeting and, subjecting to undue scrutiny 501(c)4s that were flagged for containing words like “conservative, Christian, tea party, patriot, and Constitution.”
Lois Lerner, the head of the tax exempt organizations division, said at the time,“We made some mistakes. Some people didn’t use good judgment… For that we’re apologetic.”
The president and Attorney General were outraged and vowed to get to the bottom of it. Holder put one of his best attorneys on the case - Barbara Bosserman, who maxed out in donations to both of Barack Obama’s presidential campaigns.
At first, we were asked to believe it was just a few rogue agents in Cincinnati.
That turned out to be a lie.
As the scandal heated up, the Regime and its acolytes tried another tack - they claimed progressive groups were targeted just as much as conservative groups. Nothing to see, here.
That too was a lie.
continue...
Breitbart News__did you forget to mention that?

It's nonsense!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 min Ricky F 105,273
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 35 min loose cannon 242,626
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 7 hr Recall Mayor Mayer 63,985
Dum black cops 8 hr Frankie 1
National FELON League 9 hr Big Ed 1
Black-Lives-Matter, saves goods, shoes etc. fro... 10 hr Thoughtful Lads 6
The Party of Racism. 10 hr CantDenyWhoWon 33

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages