Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1480143 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“12 Days”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1154515 Jun 22, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said such a thing.
But hey, that is your style. To lie about what people say.
I said Palin's book sales have to do with her dumbass base who thinks she has anything worthwhile to say.
You compared the book sales. I merely explained why Pailin's book sales were higher.
I would support Hilliary in 2016 but I have no urge to buy the book.
Its the same thing as when you idiots claim Fox's viewership has anything to do with their truthfulness.
The purpose of Hilliary's book is to put everything out there now to be discussed prior to any campaign. That is obvious.
The purpose of Palin's book is for Palin to make money by duping her base of right whiners like you.
You are too clueless!!

Hillary's book bombed for the reason I stated--her stint as Sec of State just wasn't that inspiring!

Yea, she hired the "hey, dude" Tommy Vietor to be point man for her book and the roll out interviews were closer to a disaster rather than encouraging anyone to buy the book.

Surprisingly enough, her best interview was on FNS. So much for Ghost's and yours paranoia.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1154516 Jun 22, 2014
Valerie Jarrett, Rupert Murdoch Break Bread and Talk Immigration Reform Strategy

The evening was “very enjoyable,” according to Jarrett, who also claimed to be "impressed by Murdoch's passion for passing comprehensive immigration reform".

“He is an immigrant himself and he understands from a business perspective how important immigration reform would be to our economy,” she said.“... Sometimes decisions are tough but it's time for Congress to step up and act now — and that's something he said privately to me, and I was heartened to see him express it publicly.”

Not coincidentally, Murdoch had an Op Ed in support of comprehensive immigration reform the Wall Street Journal the next day.

http://www.breitbart.com/InstaBlog/2014/06/20...

Rupert sees the value of 'importing votes'?

“12 Days”

Location hidden

#1154517 Jun 22, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that somehow OK? Poor form to laugh about the physical act, but perfectly acceptable to laugh about getting him off?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Cc4aHDB251wXX
Dave doesn't get it. Laughing at anything involving the rape of a twelve year old is offensive.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1154518 Jun 22, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know if I can produce any sperm as I only have one small testicle!!! But I have severe defects, two being an unusually small head (saves me money on tinfoil) and a miniscule penis!!!!
Sooo you are basically saying that you have an empty head on both ends???? It's encouraging that you can still find pleasure in saving money on tin foil. Perhaps you could pass that info on to Shinning and empty head Eed.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1154519 Jun 22, 2014
Hillary Clinton's first week of book sales versus Sarah Palin's is not even close

http://washingtonexaminer.com/hillary-clinton...

America By Fraud: Sarah Palin Buys Her Way On To NYT Bestseller List

Money may not be able to buy Sarah Palin popularity, but it has bought her the illusion of popularity. As they did with her first book “Going Rogue,” Palin’s own PAC and right wing outlets like Newsmax have been buying Palin’s latest book “America By Heart” in order to push her up the bestseller list. Palin’s #2 New York Times bestseller ranking is a fraud.

Newsmax is once again offering Palin’s book for free, which means that they once again have falsely inflated her sales, as they did with “Going Rogue”, by purchasing a ton of her books. This doesn’t even include of all of the conservative think tanks and book clubs that have bought copies. Of course, gaming the bestseller list is nothing new, but an attempt to game the bestseller list in order to propagate the myth of power and popularity is a uniquely Palin creation.

Others on the right learned from Palin after “Going Rogue.” Mitt Romney crafted a bestseller for himself this year by declining speaking fees, and instead requiring institutions to buy thousands of copies of his book. Notice that this is basically a right wing phenomenon. The two top selling Democratic authors, Barack Obama and Jimmy Carter have never required anyone to buy their books. Carter and Obama have sold millions of books and they have never had to game the system to do it.

A more accurate measure of how Sarah Palin’s America By Heart is really selling is the Amazon.com 24 hour bestseller list. This is a list of what “Real Americans” are buying at Amazon, and Sarah Palin isn’t doing so well. America By Heart is currently 20th on the Amazon list. On the ground, the lack of excitement is visible in the decreased attendance for Palin’s book tour. Compared to the attendance on the previous, book tour, the tour for “America By Heart” is a nonevent.

Sarah Palin’s # 2 bestseller ranking is a legitimate as Bristol Palin’s vote totals on Dancing with the Stars. This is yet another fraud being perpetrated by The Great Pretender in an attempt to fool the American people into believing that she should be viewed on par with Barack Obama. Palin may be able to buy herself on to the bestseller list, but America has not and never will buy Palin as anything more than what she is. Palin who has been labeled a,“boorish drunkard bawling obscenities at a funeral,” is only on the national stage because she hit the desperate for the White House John McCain lottery in 2008. You can’t call a never-was a has-been, and Sarah Palin is best described as a delusion of what will never be.

http://www.politicususa.com/2010/12/02/palin-...

you would think that Bill would have bought a few hundred cases of Hillary's book. i guess some folks think cheating is cheating.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1154520 Jun 22, 2014
good morning liars and normal people

“12 Days”

Location hidden

#1154521 Jun 22, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Sooo you are basically saying that you have an empty head on both ends???? It's encouraging that you can still find pleasure in saving money on tin foil. Perhaps you could pass that info on to Shinning and empty head Eed.
Good grief, Ghost is now responding to his own bogus posts.

Why does Nostril rattle you so badly that you go to this level?
Nostrilis Waxman

New York, NY

#1154522 Jun 22, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>

Basically yes, that sums up my situation. Shinninng and Eed have abnormally large heads, doubt they can save any money when it comes to tinfoil. That's oneof many reasons they are both on the dole!

“12 Days”

Location hidden

#1154523 Jun 22, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Hillary Clinton's first week of book sales versus Sarah Palin's is not even close
http://washingtonexaminer.com/hillary-clinton...
America By Fraud: Sarah Palin Buys Her Way On To NYT Bestseller List
Money may not be able to buy Sarah Palin popularity, but it has bought her the illusion of popularity. As they did with her first book “Going Rogue,” Palin’s own PAC and right wing outlets like Newsmax have been buying Palin’s latest book “America By Heart” in order to push her up the bestseller list. Palin’s #2 New York Times bestseller ranking is a fraud.
Newsmax is once again offering Palin’s book for free, which means that they once again have falsely inflated her sales, as they did with “Going Rogue”, by purchasing a ton of her books. This doesn’t even include of all of the conservative think tanks and book clubs that have bought copies. Of course, gaming the bestseller list is nothing new, but an attempt to game the bestseller list in order to propagate the myth of power and popularity is a uniquely Palin creation.
Others on the right learned from Palin after “Going Rogue.” Mitt Romney crafted a bestseller for himself this year by declining speaking fees, and instead requiring institutions to buy thousands of copies of his book. Notice that this is basically a right wing phenomenon. The two top selling Democratic authors, Barack Obama and Jimmy Carter have never required anyone to buy their books. Carter and Obama have sold millions of books and they have never had to game the system to do it.
A more accurate measure of how Sarah Palin’s America By Heart is really selling is the Amazon.com 24 hour bestseller list. This is a list of what “Real Americans” are buying at Amazon, and Sarah Palin isn’t doing so well. America By Heart is currently 20th on the Amazon list. On the ground, the lack of excitement is visible in the decreased attendance for Palin’s book tour. Compared to the attendance on the previous, book tour, the tour for “America By Heart” is a nonevent.
Sarah Palin’s # 2 bestseller ranking is a legitimate as Bristol Palin’s vote totals on Dancing with the Stars. This is yet another fraud being perpetrated by The Great Pretender in an attempt to fool the American people into believing that she should be viewed on par with Barack Obama. Palin may be able to buy herself on to the bestseller list, but America has not and never will buy Palin as anything more than what she is. Palin who has been labeled a,“boorish drunkard bawling obscenities at a funeral,” is only on the national stage because she hit the desperate for the White House John McCain lottery in 2008. You can’t call a never-was a has-been, and Sarah Palin is best described as a delusion of what will never be.
http://www.politicususa.com/2010/12/02/palin-...
you would think that Bill would have bought a few hundred cases of Hillary's book. i guess some folks think cheating is cheating.
Yet, Palin's book sales the first week was 4 times those of Hillary's book.
Dee

United States

#1154524 Jun 22, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Here we go, Roxlo claiming Clinton was laughing about child rape.
Clinton was laughing about the circumstances of the trial, not the rape.
Now what?
What is wrong with you? Nothing is humorous about the trial, the details of the case or whether or not 'justice' was done for the victim.

“12 Days”

Location hidden

#1154525 Jun 22, 2014
The reason for Obama's 4,000 WH staffers is to vigilantly watch for the paperboy each morning so he can learn about his scandals ASAP.
Jay

United States

#1154526 Jun 22, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
good morning liars and normal people
"good morning liars"....Lily looking at her reflection.

"and normal people".... Good morning Lily.

“12 Days”

Location hidden

#1154527 Jun 22, 2014
A disaster of a speed limit sign

https://twitter.com/angry_vet_/status/4807126...
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1154528 Jun 22, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Dave doesn't get it. Laughing at anything involving the rape of a twelve year old is offensive.
Of Course you baggers would never make up your own version of a story???? You all have Taliban hatred.
LIBERAL IMPORTS VOTES

Lillington, NC

#1154529 Jun 22, 2014
One President Who Knew How to Deal with Illegal Immigration

Posted on June 19, 2014

Read more at http://godfatherpolitics.com/15966/one-presid...
A couple of days ago, I speculated who else might be crossing into United States via our southern border – besides the “innocent” children. You may review it here.

It certainly appears, at least to me, that no one is being denied entry – which led me to my “Fun with Conspiracy” scenario, where Obama is allowing this to occur (that’s obvious to anyone) and actually encouraging it (again, obvious) to overwhelm the immigration system (Cloward and Piven).

The conspiracy part was that he was also allowing terrorists freely to walk in and set up shop for attacks, as an excuse for him to impose martial law.

Conspiracies aside, we have been hearing for years that we must do something, but that is impossible to seal off the whole southern border, and “do you think we can just round up millions of illegals?”

In fact, this problem at the southern border has been plaguing America for well over 50 years.

Enter Dwight D. Eisenhower, Supreme Commander – Allied Forces, and newly elected President of the United States.

At the time Eisenhower took office in 1953, at least 3 million illegals had already crossed the border and were residing in the United States.

Ike called it as he saw it quoting a New York Times article:

“The rise in illegal border crossing by Mexican ‘wetbacks’ to a current rate of more than 1 million cases a year has been accompanied by a curious relaxation in ethical standards extending all the way from the farmer-exploiters of this contraband labor to the highest levels of the federal government.”

A couple of things should have jumped off the page. First, the fact that the New York Times would ever publish such a thing and second; just imagine anyone, much less the president, quoting that passage. Today, he would be perp walked out of the Oval Office.

Needless to say, Eisenhower had a real problem with illegal aliens.

In 1954 he appointed retired General Joseph Swing to head up the INS (Immigration and Naturalization Service) and gave him full authority to do what he had to do to stop the flow and deport the ones already here.

“Jumpin Joe,” as he was called from his days in the 101st airborne, got to work and did so with only 1075 agents.

He tasked 750 of those agents to travel to Southern California and Arizona and round up 1000 illegals per day.

“Operation Wetback” as they called it, began on June 17, 1954. By the end of July, they had caught 50,000 in just those two states.

And what happened then, is what we have been saying for years. Another half-million fled the country on their own rather than be arrested.

It’s called self-deportation, and when illegals know an administration is serious, that’s what happens.

They then moved on to Texas where they apprehended another 80,000 “wetbacks” and another 700,000 self-deported.

The illegals very quickly understood that Eisenhower wasn’t going to mess around. Consequently, illegal immigration decreased by 95% in the 1950s.

After Ike left office, it was back to a relaxed attitude under Kennedy and every other president since, including Reagan.

Eisenhower proved it could be done, if one has the will of a Supreme Military Commander. Simply give the order that it be done and charge the right people to do it – period.

Ike was able to rid us of the flood of almost 3,000,000 illegals with little more than 1000 agents, so never accept from anyone that it “Can’t Be Done”!

Read more at http://godfatherpolitics.com/15966/one-presid...

Since: May 14

Location hidden

#1154530 Jun 22, 2014
Dee wrote:
<quoted text>
What is wrong with you? Nothing is humorous about the trial, the details of the case or whether or not 'justice' was done for the victim.
When people laugh at a wake do you assume they are happy the person died? Any normal person realizes emotions fluctuate during an intense situation, they reflect NOTHING.
This pathetic desperate attempt to marginalize Hillary for a non-issue that occurred 40 years ago shows how frightened right wing morons are of her.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1154531 Jun 22, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Comedy books sell better..Hillary's book sold twice as many as Rick Perry's did.
Nostrilis Waxman

New York, NY

#1154532 Jun 22, 2014
"good morning liars"....would be me looking at my reflection.

"and normal people".... not my sock puppet Jay!!!
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1154533 Jun 22, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
And her popularity lasted how long????By the way how did that run for office go??//LMAO dumbo.

Since: May 11

Carlisle, PA

#1154534 Jun 22, 2014
Dee wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, no one was laughing at the crime or the outcome.

The story was about how Hillary got the case & how certain things developed.

If anything was mocked it was our criminal system.

This is just another attempt to manufacture another "crisis".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 12 min District 1 234,069
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 27 min Interesting Times 62,898
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 49 min Ize Found 71,311
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 52 min SweLL GirL 10,072
John Lewis is NOT a hero, he's an idiot who got... 1 hr Needs New BASHING 9
Duck it and Duck you. 1 hr Quack Quack 1
Cong. John Lewis is a worthless black dem. hack... 4 hr NeedsANewHeadBashing 7

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages