Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
1,060,081 - 1,060,100 of 1,079,431 Comments Last updated 2 min ago
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2014

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Actually the Tea Party is a bunch of right whiners who did nothing while their own party grew the size of government, doubled the debt, passed unfunded legislation, passed unfunded tax cuts, got us stuck in two unfunded quagmire wars and still vote for those instrumental in these things. Then Obama was elected & suddenly the Tea Party forms & has a fit about the effects of the Bush recession.
In other words, a bunch of dumbasses who are sofa king stupid that they blame the wrong party while continuing to supporting those who supported the disaster of the Bush presidency.
Duh A Veys partisan SSSSSLllllllllllllllllluurrrrr rrrrrrrrrpppppppppppp and regurjitated breakfast of tweehuggers post of duh day.

(moron)
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2014

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
if only conservatives had been more circumspect in the run up to the war they might not have to suffer these sort of embarrassments.
Glenn Beck:'Liberals, You Were Right' About Iraq War
There are many things you'd never expect Glenn Beck to say: "Barack Obama is a great president," "the Affordable Care Act was a huge success," "amnesty for all undocumented immigrants!"
But "liberals, you were right" tops them all. And yet:
"From the beginning, most people on the left were against going into Iraq. I wasn’t.... Liberals, you were right. We shouldn’t have."
Beck made this surprising declaration on his radio show on Tuesday while discussing the widening rift between Republicans and Democrats. He urged both parties to come together to oppose another war in Iraq.
"Not one more life. Not one more life. Not one more dollar, not one more airplane, not one more bullet, not one more Marine, not one more arm or leg or eye. Not one more," he said. "This must end now. Now can't we come together on that?"
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/17/glen...
so does that mean the Bush apology tour is over? i sure hope so. 6 years on and i'm starting to get a little sick and tired of the excuse fest.
OMG OMG...what IS it goink to take for the can't see past the bones in they noses bonehead" types....to realize...this is 2014, LIBYA/Bin_ghazi (and now BEYOND) time...NOT 2001 bin_laden attacked America time.

I totally agree with you on the "excuse" crap however....for some of us that "it awrl a bushers fault fest" insanity of the wayyy so IGNORANT, partisan jackboot licker, empty pinheaded squawk, parrot and repeat imbecile lemmings type stuff-- got REALLLY old two weeks atter bin_laden et al attacked us.

LIBYA two tousand elevink.
Comrade "Major" FOREIGN POLICY F-A-I-L-U-R-E (and a Direct breach of the WPA!)
LAST DAYS ARE HERE

Moyock, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2014

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
Benghazi Suspect Said He Was Moved To Take Revenge For American-Made Video
Benghazi attack suspect Ahmed Abu Khattala, who was captured by U.S. forces on Sunday, told people the move against the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya was intended as revenge for an American-made online video that was seen as an attack to Islam, according to the New York Times.
The New York Times reported Tuesday:
What he did in the period just before the attack has remained unclear. But Mr. Abu Khattala told other Libyans in private conversations during the night of the attack that he was moved to attack the diplomatic mission to take revenge for an insult to Islam in an American-made online video.
An earlier demonstration venting anger over the video outside the American Embassy in Cairo had culminated in a breach of its walls, and it dominated Arab news coverage. Mr. Abu Khattala told both fellow Islamist fighters and others that the attack in Benghazi was retaliation for the same insulting video, according to people who heard him.
In an interview days after the attack, he pointedly declined to say whether he believed an offense such as the anti-Islamic video might indeed warrant the destruction of the diplomatic mission or the killing of the ambassador.“From a religious point of view, it is hard to say whether it is good or bad,” he said.
The day after the September attack, the New York Times' David Kirkpatrick reported fighters involved in the effort were moved "by anger over a 14-minute, American-made video that depicted the Prophet Muhammad, Islam’s founder, as a villainous, homosexual and child-molesting buffoon." The Times did have a reporter -- not Kirkpatrick -- on the ground that night.
The publication stood by that reporting in October 2012 and again in December 2013, and were subsequently attacked by conservatives.
White House emails made public in April 2014 supported reports that the Obama administration wanted Susan Rice, U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations, to “underscore these protests are rooted in an Internet video, and not a broader failure of policy.” In September 2012, Rice said the attack was not premeditated.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/17/beng...
anyone think FOXbots will eat crow? just watch.
What is this a plea bargaining from Obama to let this guy go ?????????? The lies just keep getting BIGGER!!!!
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2014

Judged:

EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"pdumb"
We are out of the recession? Are you sure? Lets take a look;
- Fewer Americans with a job, the participation percentage is at a 50 year low
- Fewer American's paying Federal Income tax
- More American's requiring food stamps to eat
- Negative GDP growth 1st quarter 2014
- Average household income down over $4000 per year
Peace
KMA
GPUAR
Okay, let's take your points one at a time.
Yes our work force is shrinking. We have an aging population and the "baby boomer" generation is retiring. This isn't necessarily a bad thing since labor like any other commodity is subject to the economic rules of supply and demand. As supply retracts labor becomes more valuable. That's why fat cats like those on the Business Round Table want to raise the retirement age. They want to put off the inevitable that they're going to actually have to compete for workers by offering better wages and benefits. Younger people aren't going directly into the workforce after high school either, opting for additional education and training that's needed in a more complex work environment.
A sign of recession? No.
The vast majority of households that don't pay federal income taxes are either elderly or paying payroll taxes. 60 percent of those who don't pay income tax are still working and paying taxes for Social Security and Medicare. Their tax liability is just too low to qualify for the income tax. Another 22 percent of non-payers are retirees. Solution: raise the minimum wage and keep it indexed to inflation. Also the number of people who don't pay federal income taxes tends to jump every time there's a big tax cut bill, as after the 1986 tax reform or the 2001 Bush tax cuts. There's a reason why George W. Bush was boasting, in 2004, about moving 5 million taxpayers "off the rolls."
76% of SNAP households included a child, an elderly person, or a disabled person. These vulnerable households receive 83% of all SNAP benefits. Another group is workers on minimum wage jobs who need to use public assistance like SNAP benefits to make ends meet. Solution; raise the minimum wage.
Negative growth in one quarter due to unusually harsh weather conditions isn't a trend moron.
The fall in median income is also due to an aging population. With 10,000 Boomers hitting age 65 each and every day, the proportion of households consisting of retirees is increasing dramatically - and that is pulling down median household income. Solution: Once again raising the minimum wage and indexing it to inflation.
None of these are signs of a recession. Corporate profits are at all time highs and the markets are in record territory.
So you can kiss my butt Eed.
You're an idiot; you also have been and always will be!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2014

Judged:

TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG OMG...what IS it goink to take for the can't see past the bones in they noses bonehead" types....to realize...this is 2014, LIBYA/Bin_ghazi (and now BEYOND) time...NOT 2001 bin_laden attacked America time.
I totally agree with you on the "excuse" crap however....for some of us that "it awrl a bushers fault fest" insanity of the wayyy so IGNORANT, partisan jackboot licker, empty pinheaded squawk, parrot and repeat imbecile lemmings type stuff-- got REALLLY old two weeks atter bin_laden et al attacked us.
LIBYA two tousand elevink.
Comrade "Major" FOREIGN POLICY F-A-I-L-U-R-E (and a Direct breach of the WPA!)
you must have watched FOX yesterday. their semantic acrobatics were of a like kind. always funny watching nutjobs try to make sense of their own nonsense.
Nostrilis Waxman

Anonymous Proxy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2014

Judged:

Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
The juvenile antics start early today:
<quoted text>
I gave myself multiple brilliant, interesting and agree judgits for my above ^^^^^^^ post!!!

The juvenile antics most definitely start early today!!!!!!!!!!

Bwaaahaaaahaa!!!!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2014

Judged:

LAST DAYS ARE HERE wrote:
<quoted text> What is this a plea bargaining from Obama to let this guy go ?????????? The lies just keep getting BIGGER!!!!
so how would you like your crow prepared?
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2014

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
you must have watched FOX yesterday. their semantic acrobatics were of a like kind. always funny watching nutjobs try to make sense of their own nonsense.
Not for the first the minute yesterday.

Looked like CNN was getting a reality clue this morning though.

Terrorists SUCK!
Only good one is a......picture of a non-live one.
<3 GITMO!
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2014

Judged:

Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey mental case...
Bush was stuck with Bin Laden and war because Clinton:
1 - had Bin Laden on a silver platter and did nothing
2 - did nothing after the first World Trade Center bombing in 1993
Idiot.
Clinton never had Bin Laden on a "silver platter" you damned liar.
The perpetrators of the first WTC attack are spending the rest of their lives in federal maximum security prisons moron. Clinton did start attacking Al Qaeda training camps after the first attack and Republicans accused him of "wagging the dog".
So what did Bush do when he received the warnings of an imminent attack on US soil?
You're an idiot Nosewax; you always have been and always will be!
Grey Ghost

Broad Run, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2014

Judged:

<quoted text> What is this a plea bargaining from Obama to let this guy go ?????????? The lies just keep getting BIGGER!!!!
The only thing that gets bigger with you baggers is your hysteria, hatred and ignorance..
LAST DAYS ARE HERE

Holly Springs, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2014

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
so how would you like your crow prepared?
I sometime have to eat crow however
I do believe that this guy is trained what to say!
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2014

Judged:

Those Wacky Christians...and their wacky cult...

'In other action Monday, the AMA said transgender people should be able to switch the sex designation on their birth certificates without having sex-change surgery.'

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/55369410/ns/health/...

Biology just got flushed....
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2014

Judged:

Nostrilis Waxmoron wrote:
<quoted text>
It was your buddy Bush not Obama. Your ignorance is understandable since you won't see this on FOX:
"It’s true that in December of 2011 we did pull all of our troops out of Iraq. But we didn’t do it because of President Obama’s policies – we did it because of a Status of Forces Agreement (sometimes called SOFA) that was signed while George W. Bush was still president. This agreement, signed by George W. Bush, set deadlines for the end of U.S. combat operations as June 30, 2009 and for all U.S. forces to be pulled out of Iraq by December 30, 2011. So when they say “Obama pulled U.S. forces out of Iraq in 2011 leaving the country to fall into the hands of terrorists,” the reality is he was following an agreement that George W. Bush had already signed well before he became president."
http://www.forwardprogressives.com/one-fact-r...
forwardprogressives.com ?

Showing your true commie colors, eh phag?
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2014

Judged:

Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Die already you friggin idiot...God told me to tell you that.
This forum is rife with left-winger threats of violence, beatings, and heart stopping terrorist death threats...

You can ban guns, box cutters, knifes, swords, scissors, sticks or stones. One will never disarm a deranged idiot liberal...

It's the culture...
LAST DAYS ARE HERE

Holly Springs, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2014

Judged:

Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
The only thing that gets bigger with you baggers is your hysteria, hatred and ignorance..
If you have good sense then I am glad that I am Ignorant !!!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2014

Judged:

<quoted text> I sometime have to eat crow however
I do believe that this guy is trained what to say!
i'm not on the right wing chain email mailing list.

so do you guys get your marching orders once a week? twice when there's another faux scandal?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2014

Judged:

NYT: Captured Suspect Said Benghazi Attack Was Revenge For Anti-Islam Video

Ahmed Abu Khatallah, the suspect captured by U.S. special forces on Tuesday for his role in the 2012 Benghazi attack, reportedly said he was motivated in part by the anti-Islam online video made in America, according to the New York Times.

"What he did in the period just before the attack has remained unclear. But Mr. Abu Khattala told other Libyans in private conversations during the night of the attack that he was moved to attack the diplomatic mission to take revenge for an insult to Islam in an American-made online video," Times reporter David Kirkpatrick wrote in a story on Khattala on Tuesday.

Immediately following the attack, Khattala declined to say whether the video had anything to do with his role in the Benghazi attack, according to the Times.

The New York Times reported in December that the attack was fueled in part by the anti-Islam video, but did not link Khattala to the video in that investigation.

The scandal surrounding the Obama administration's response to Benghazi was centered on whether or not the attack was related to protests surrounding the video.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/khattal...
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2014

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Another dumbass who does not know the difference between weather & climate.
You want to follow the money?
Follow the flow of cash out of Big Oil & other fossil fuel corporations to the Republican Party & hired "scientists" to dupe dumbf*cks like you into doing nothing on Climate change as you are willing to f*ck over your own children.
My Gd, the science is clear. The additional of greenhouse gases by man to the atmosphere is heightening the greenhouse gas effect raising global temperatures.
It ain't that complicated. You people are just dumber than sh*t.
LOL... Another dumbass who does not know the.... DumbassDave..

It's the culture...
LAST DAYS ARE HERE

Holly Springs, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2014

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
i'm not on the right wing chain email mailing list.
so do you guys get your marching orders once a week? twice when there's another faux scandal?
Ok,
Boss

Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2014

Judged:

Did anyone watch Hillary's interview by Cristiane Amanpour last night?
Any doubt that she's going to run?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

103 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 5 min truth 48,882
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 6 min voice of peace 67,904
Abby 7-24 9 min Mister Tonka 27
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 14 min Rogue Scholar 05 174,523
Avoid Victory Auto Wreckers 17 min Wrecked 12
Presidential library planned for Chicago Chicag... 17 min bensleys thoughts 1
Steve Wilkos : talk show host ? or simple mi... (Feb '08) 28 min Julie 353
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 51 min edogxxx 97,521
Amy 7-24 57 min Kuuipo 18
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••