Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1236375 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1153331 Jun 19, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The Republicans have no problem denying health coverage to millions. Why do you think they won't take coverage away?
They voted to did it with food stamps showing they have no problem taking food off of children's table.
"real dumb"
You are sick.
Have you ever considered it is the parents responsibility to feed their kids?
Have you ever considered that if the unmarried women with children they can not afford to feed had thought before they spread their legs?
Peace
KMA
GPUAR
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#1153332 Jun 19, 2014
Jake wrote:
The new scandal this week Lois Lerner's E-Mails are lost along with the people she would have send E-Mails to. We got a bunch of idoits in Washington and they think we are not smart enough to know what's going on.
Bet J Carney was to get away frm having to uphold the BS and having to look ignorant to do it...sounded some like it even.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1153333 Jun 19, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Who has a complex mind and contemplates his actions before making them?
Certainly not Obama. You're not talking about Obama, I hope.
He's too overwhelmed to know which toilet paper to use without causing another scandal.
He only contemplates which fundraiser to attend and which club to use to sink his ball.
He's still struggling with an identity crisis, I believe, that he admitted having while growing up. Must give you the illusion of a superior intellect.
We're dealing with a high school class president mentality here, Lily. Think of a black Biff from "Back to the Future" sitting in the White House. I'm so sorry you're so disillusioned.
Nothing complex or superior to see here. Just a community organizing political activist who loves the perks of being the president - just not the job. He's in over his head and knows it.
This 'high school class' president is sure an upgrade from that elementary school bushie bully son.

At least we're headed in the 'right'... er...'correct' direction!

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1153334 Jun 19, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the Republican party should be sued for cruelty to animals for using the Elephant as their symbol, I'm sure the Elephant isn't very happy about being down graded to that level. I think the Turkey or perhaps the Sloth should represent their party, but i'm sure they would complain also. Hell Eed you are even dumb enough to run on the bagger ticket.
"poop"
Well the democrats have an ass as their symbol, and, many democrats are asses and they can not sink any lower.
Peace
KMA
GPUAR
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#1153335 Jun 19, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>this week?!? weren't they lost a long time ago?
Just another one of those BS "it vid-ee-yo's" fault moments...
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1153336 Jun 19, 2014
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I do, you clueless dhmfk.
Founder George Preston Marshall named the team Boston Braves after the city’s Major League Baseball team. However, after a financially devastating and poorly attended season in 1932, Marshall abandoned the Braves name in favor of the Redskins. When the team moved to Washington in 1937 it retained the name.
Played As:
Boston Braves 1932
Boston Redskins 1933-1936
Washington Redskins
1937-Present
http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com/nfl/washingt...
Well gee whiz son.

The Seattle Supersonics moved to Oklahoma City and changed their name.

New Orleans Hornets did the same.

Houston Oils also made the change.

So really... it's a non issue on your 'legacy' son!

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1153337 Jun 19, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Other than friends who were in one and the news, that would be correct. What is your point. Are you advocating a VA system on everyone?
one of the mam single payer systems on this planet that work so much better would be more ideal if you are going that way, don't you think?

St. Croix valley

#1153338 Jun 19, 2014
<quoted text>
Yeah, I do, you clueless dhmfk.
Founder George Preston Marshall named the team Boston Braves after the city’s Major League Baseball team. However, after a financially devastating and poorly attended season in 1932, Marshall abandoned the Braves name in favor of the Redskins. When the team moved to Washington in 1937 it retained the name.
Played As:
Boston Braves 1932
Boston Redskins 1933-1936
Washington Redskins
1937-Present
http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com/nfl/washingt...
and that makes it not offensive how?

thinking isn't one of your strong points...

St. Croix valley

#1153339 Jun 19, 2014
<quoted text>
Just another one of those BS "it vid-ee-yo's" fault moments...
it's funny when you have no idea what you are talking about but continue to make a total ass of yourself with your ignorance and big mouth...

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1153340 Jun 19, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll bet your mama spent her whole life telling you that and it looks as though you didn't disappoint..
Who in the hell knows who your daddy was? Spermatozoa don't have names.

You don't know who your mamma is, either. The best you can surmise is that she was one of those thunder-thighs babes on the Hoboken-Hookers Roller Derby Team.

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#1153341 Jun 19, 2014
"I haven't seen this diaried here yet, but in an unprecedented outbreak of journalism, Fox News' Megyn Kelly rips into Dick Cheney for his track record over Iraq. This is covered in Raw Story., and the video is below.

Apparently invited to Fox to pimp their new PAC, Megan starts the interview by quoting Paul Waldeman from WAPO

“There is not a single person in America — not Bill Kristol, not Paul Wolfowitz, not Don Rumsfeld, no pundit, not even President Bush himself — who has been more wrong and more shamelessly dishonest on the topic of Iraq than Dick Cheney.”

and asks Cheney for his comments.

After a 2 minute rambling, revisionist defense of himself, Kelly comes back with - unprecedented - a hard hitting follow up.

Quoting from the Cheney’s Wall Street Journal op-ed, Kelly read,“Rarely has a U.S. president been so wrong about so much at the expense of so many,” before adding,“Time and time again, history has proven that you got it wrong as well in Iraq, sir.”

She then proceeds to list some of his most blatant lies - http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/06/19/1308...
Katrina

Tempe, AZ

#1153342 Jun 19, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>and that makes it not offensive how?
thinking isn't one of your strong points...
Sobriety isnt one of yours...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
Katrina

Tempe, AZ

#1153343 Jun 19, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>it's funny when you have no idea what you are talking about but continue to make a total ass of yourself with your ignorance and big mouth...
You just described YOURSELF PR...

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#1153344 Jun 19, 2014
President Barack Obama presented the Medal of Honor Thursday to a veteran who took the blow from a grenade to protect a fellow Marine in Afghanistan back in 2010, sustaining major wounds, including the loss of his right eye.

"Retired Cpl. William "Kyle" Carpenter received the medal during a ceremony in the East Room of the White House. He's the eighth living recipient to be chosen for the Medal of Honor for actions in Iraq or Afghanistan.

"Kyle doesn't hide his scars. He's proud of them and the service they represent," Obama said.

Carpenter, now 24, was wounded Nov. 21, 2010, while guarding a patrol base in a small village in Helmand province." http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/06/19/obama-pr...
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#1153345 Jun 19, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, those responsible are in jail. We didn't need to invade anyone or nothin'.
No, we sure didn't need to be invading LIBYA.

I personally wish the commiekid speech writers on the hill--would get a clue--and spare America the marxist EGOS that have oozed out of every pore of the same, over the past few years.

NOTICE the (HUGE!!) DIFFERENCE in presentations DUH A Vey-

Good evening. Tonight in Iraq, the Armed Forces of the United States are engaged in a struggle that will determine the direction of the global war on terror — and our safety here at home. The new strategy I outline tonight will change America's course in Iraq, and help us succeed in the fight against terror.

When I addressed you just over a year ago, nearly 12 million Iraqis had cast their ballots for a unified and democratic nation. The elections of 2005 were a stunning achievement. We thought that these elections would bring the Iraqis together — and that as we trained Iraqi security forces, we could accomplish our mission with fewer American troops.

But in 2006, the opposite happened. The violence in Iraq — particularly in Baghdad — overwhelmed the political gains the Iraqis had made. Al Qaeda terrorists and Sunni insurgents recognized the mortal danger that Iraq's elections posed for their cause, and they responded with outrageous acts of murder aimed at innocent Iraqis. They blew up one of the holiest shrines in Shia Islam — the Golden Mosque of Samarra — in a calculated effort to provoke Iraq's Shia population to retaliate. Their strategy worked. Radical Shia elements, some supported by Iran, formed death squads. And the result was a vicious cycle of sectarian violence that continues today.
The situation in Iraq is unacceptable to the American people — and it is unacceptable to me. Our troops in Iraq have fought bravely. They have done everything we have asked them to do. Where mistakes have been made, the responsibility rests with me.......
(GW Bush's Iraq Speech-1/2007)

From todays "remarks"

PRESIDENT OBAMA: Good afternoon, everybody. "I" just met with "my" national security team to discuss the situation in Iraq. We’ve been meeting regularly to review the situation since ISIL, a terrorist organization that operates in Iraq and Syria, made advances inside of Iraq. "As I said" last week, ISIL poses a threat to the Iraqi people, to the region and to U.S. interests. So today "I" wanted to provide you an update on how we’re responding to the situation.

First, we are working to secure our embassy and personnel operating inside of Iraq. "As president", I have no greater priority than the safety of our men and women serving overseas. So I’ve taken some steps to relocate some of our embassy personnel, and we’ve sent reinforcements to better secure our facilities.

Second, " at my direction" we have significantly increased our intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance assets so that we’ve got a better picture of what’s taking place inside of Iraq, and this will give us a greater understanding of what ISIL is doing, where it’s located and how we might support efforts to counter this threat.....

American forces will not be returning to combat in Iraq, but we will help Iraqis as they take the fight to terrorists who threaten the Iraqi people, the region and American interests as well...

Notice the difference...(I..I..I...me..me .. my...) and see that word "responsibility"..
Itsallgood

Kansas City, MO

#1153346 Jun 19, 2014
Clinton up next
Patriot

Erie, CO

#1153347 Jun 19, 2014
What You Are Not Being Told About the Invasion of America

June 19, 2014

The Daily Caller reports,“a leaked estimate by a top official in the Department of Homeland Security says the 12-month inflow will reach 90,000 by October, and then grow by another 142,000 in the next 12 months before October 2015.” That’s over 230,000, nearly a quarter million that the Democrats hope to dump on US taxpayers. Soon, this number will grown by millions.

A Phoenix TV station reported June 6, DHS program that buses immigrants to AZ, no signs of stopping. The story follows the script of “humanitarian crisis” rather than a created crisis, but again, make no mistake about it, this administration is following script to undermine this country.

http://www.dcclothesline.com/2014/06/19/told-...

Lapeer, MI

#1153348 Jun 19, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
So all you're saying is accountability in government is out the window as long as it's a cool black guy in office...(without endorsing McCain or Cruz, mind you).
Sounds a bit racist to me.
There's a lot of cool black guys who would be fantastic presidents. Just not this one.
Do you judge a man by the content of his character or the color of his skin? Because doing the former was MLK's dream. If you remember.
Is there anything this cool black president could do that would make you reconsider his ability to lead this country?
Someone on here could come up with a long list why you should, pretty sure.
Here's one: If the IRS targeted and harassed a disproportionate number of liberal groups under a McCain or Cruz presidency and lost all the emails during that same time period - two years' worth - would you be cool with that?
It would help me figure out if you see only the color of a man's skin who has a corrupt character or if you're just confused by lies and deception on the part of a corrupt black man.
Thanks so much.
People like Ghost have a certain redeeming value in that when they say to turn Left, we know immediately to turn Right - and vice versa.

It does come in handy but only if you understand you are dealing with a jerk.

St. Croix valley

#1153349 Jun 19, 2014
<quoted text>
No, we sure didn't need to be invading LIBYA.
I personally wish the commiekid speech writers on the hill--would get a clue--and spare America the marxist EGOS that have oozed out of every pore of the same, over the past few years.
NOTICE the (HUGE!!) DIFFERENCE in presentations DUH A Vey-
Good evening. Tonight in Iraq, the Armed Forces of the United States are engaged in a struggle that will determine the direction of the global war on terror — and our safety here at home. The new strategy I outline tonight will change America's course in Iraq, and help us succeed in the fight against terror.
When I addressed you just over a year ago, nearly 12 million Iraqis had cast their ballots for a unified and democratic nation. The elections of 2005 were a stunning achievement. We thought that these elections would bring the Iraqis together — and that as we trained Iraqi security forces, we could accomplish our mission with fewer American troops.
But in 2006, the opposite happened. The violence in Iraq — particularly in Baghdad — overwhelmed the political gains the Iraqis had made. Al Qaeda terrorists and Sunni insurgents recognized the mortal danger that Iraq's elections posed for their cause, and they responded with outrageous acts of murder aimed at innocent Iraqis. They blew up one of the holiest shrines in Shia Islam — the Golden Mosque of Samarra — in a calculated effort to provoke Iraq's Shia population to retaliate. Their strategy worked. Radical Shia elements, some supported by Iran, formed death squads. And the result was a vicious cycle of sectarian violence that continues today.
The situation in Iraq is unacceptable to the American people — and it is unacceptable to me. Our troops in Iraq have fought bravely. They have done everything we have asked them to do. Where mistakes have been made, the responsibility rests with me.......
(GW Bush's Iraq Speech-1/2007)
From todays "remarks"
PRESIDENT OBAMA: Good afternoon, everybody. "I" just met with "my" national security team to discuss the situation in Iraq. We’ve been meeting regularly to review the situation since ISIL, a terrorist organization that operates in Iraq and Syria, made advances inside of Iraq. "As I said" last week, ISIL poses a threat to the Iraqi people, to the region and to U.S. interests. So today "I" wanted to provide you an update on how we’re responding to the situation.
First, we are working to secure our embassy and personnel operating inside of Iraq. "As president", I have no greater priority than the safety of our men and women serving overseas. So I’ve taken some steps to relocate some of our embassy personnel, and we’ve sent reinforcements to better secure our facilities.
Second, " at my direction" we have significantly increased our intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance assets so that we’ve got a better picture of what’s taking place inside of Iraq, and this will give us a greater understanding of what ISIL is doing, where it’s located and how we might support efforts to counter this threat.....
American forces will not be returning to combat in Iraq, but we will help Iraqis as they take the fight to terrorists who threaten the Iraqi people, the region and American interests as well...
Notice the difference...(I..I..I...me..me .. my...) and see that word "responsibility"..
we didn't invade Libya..

do you ever have even the slightest clue as to what you are talking about? dude, it is getting embarrassing for you....

Lapeer, MI

#1153350 Jun 19, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, one thing he didn't do is invade a country causing the deaths of thousands of Americans and hundreds of thousands of Iraqis.
Why are rightwingers so damn dumb?
But he sure screwed up in Somalia, the Balkans, Afghanistan and with the Rwanda genocide where he actually airlifted food to those committing the genocide.

Hillary probably advised him in all of this. Except the fellatio from Monica. He acted alone on that one.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 min FastandFurious 189,868
Crime161 murders in 151 days in Chicago - 46 in... 14 min A former visitor 1
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 22 min Cheftell 70,044
News Former U.S. House Speaker Hastert indicted on f... 23 min Grandma 47
Word (Dec '08) 53 min boundary painter 5,254
amy 6-2 53 min Sublime1 11
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr Newt Gingrinch 99,597
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]