Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1760785 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Nostrilis Waxman

Simsbury, CT

#1154823 Jun 22, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice job you are wearing old Galt out, making him look the fool that he is.
Speaking of fools, let us guess what you did all day again...

Lived you pathetic worthless communist life out on this thread again toady?

Yep, thought so.
Nostrilis Waxman

Simsbury, CT

#1154824 Jun 22, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
so you've got nothing.
But you have spam!

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1154825 Jun 22, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
so you've got nothing.
Disprove it:-)
Nostrilis Waxman

Simsbury, CT

#1154826 Jun 22, 2014
Nostrilis Waxmoron wrote:
<quoted text>
You just exposed Galt's dumbass claim that Hillary should not have defended the alleged rapist because she must have known he was guilty.
Thank you.
Night Ghost. It is 9PM, time for bed teet sucking worthless commie.

You can vent your hate and frustration again tomorrow wasting the end of your life away on a computer venting your hate and anger.

You really are an idiot gramps.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1154827 Jun 22, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Disprove it:-)
disprove what? considering that the range of criminal liability in our courts is 90%, and with 97% of the world's climate scientists agreeing that there this man made global warming would that allow me to sue a major polluter?(soon to happen in California)

and what would your 3% get? laughed out of court.

if you want the ten grand, it's on you buddy. prove the 97% wrong. let's see it.

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#1154828 Jun 22, 2014
Nostrilis Waxmoron wrote:
<quoted text>
Another dumbass that thinks the defense attorney must believe his client is innocent in order to provide his client with representation.
You're the dumb ass that thinks I said that. An attorney that knows his client is guilty would not put him on the stand. Most attorneys don't put their clients on the stand whether they think the client is guilty or not.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#1154829 Jun 22, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
The internet is full of comments on this ethical issue. Where in the hell does your head reside? Between your cheeks?
I earlier posted about the grey area involved here.
"it's illegal only if you get caught" is as old as the hills. So a lawyer who knowingly causes his lying client to lie to the court should be disbarred - but only if S/He is caught doing so.
But because of Lawyer-Client confidentiality rules, this is going to happen in only the rarest of cases.
The idiocy of your posts resides in your constantly putting words into Galt's posts. I'm not on a mission from God to defend Galt's postings here on Topix but I clearly see what you are doing and it is juvenile and unwarranted.
http://lawfreefaq.com/law/2150-5-law.html
"1. Can a lawyer ethically defend a guilty person? Yes. In criminal cases, it is the job of the government to prove its case. The job of the defense attorney is to poke holes in the government's case so that it would not be able to prove its case beyond a reasonable doubt. Please, note that the lawyer CANNOT LIE. That would be an ethical breach against the court.
2. Because the lawyer cannot lie, it cannot aid a client if he wants to lie on the stand. In criminal cases, a defendant has a Constitutional right to testify. Therefore, a lawyer cannot really stop his client from testifying. BUT, the lawyer MUST NOT AID in the lie. Thus, the lawyer must first persuade the client not to lie. If client insists, the lawyer must seek to withdraw. If withdrawal is not possible, then the lawyer may disclose it to the court (like your lawyer told you). The lawyer may also simply let the defendant tell his side of the story and not comment on it, meaning he cannot use the defendant's testimony in his closing arguments (this is his option)."
This is where Bubba Clinton's "Define Sex" comes in.
What, precisely and legally, defines "Lying" and "Aiding" by a defense attorney?
Ultimately, juries and judges make these definitions somewhat subjectively clear.
Different Jury? Different Judge? Different definition?
That's odd....the stain on Monica's dress told a different story.

Apparently liberals can get away with claiming that semen isn't necessarily the result of sex.
I wonder if the Grand Jury would have let him get away with that nonsense if the other party had been a minor.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1154830 Jun 22, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
If a lawyer knows his client is guilty, the lawyer will know his client will lie testifying to his innocence.
This is a new one.....
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1154831 Jun 22, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
You're the dumb ass that thinks I said that. An attorney that knows his client is guilty would not put him on the stand. Most attorneys don't put their clients on the stand whether they think the client is guilty or not.
ok.... this is different.....

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1154832 Jun 22, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>and your aft number over a year before the frist draft numbers were ever drawn? still can't get past that stupid lie, even with a crashed computer, lying scum...
did the real vets spit on you when they came home? they should have....
You seem a little out of sorts lately. Graveyard shift on the ol' "heavy equipment" getting you down? Do they run heavy equipment at night where you live?

Maybe working 'days', raking in all those big bucks, is hard on "Engineers", huh Jeff?

I see on twitter, you claim to still have your Lawn and Garden Service. I thought you gave that up after putting your "girls" through college? Or was that after you single-handedly saved your public schools, while presiding over the School Board? Maybe it was before you took it upon yourself to show your City Council how to properly run a city? It's confusing. You have so many professions, in so many places, all at the same time.....I swear, It's hard to keep up.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1154833 Jun 22, 2014
GOP R Idiots wrote:
<quoted text>
rightwing morons faux outrage like the Government has never lost emails before.
Remember your boy Bush?
5 million emails lost that were part of a Sentae Judicairy investigation.
WASHINGTON (CNN)-- Millions of White House e-mails may be missing, White House spokeswoman Dana Perino acknowledged Friday.
"I wouldn't rule out that there were a potential 5 million e-mails lost," Perino told reporters
http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/04/13/white....
"Potentially", it would have been more believable had Obama lost that many. As it is, Lerner and the Obama IRS lost, ONLY, those specific emails to and from the central figures in the Conservative targeting scandal. No comparison.
The Duchess of Taint

United States

#1154834 Jun 22, 2014
Make no mistake: the weaponization of the IRS and the subsequent cover-up is the biggest political scandal in the history of the United States, and the survival of the Obama presidency now rests in the hands of a compliant mainstream media continuing to ignore the patently ridiculous claims of lost emails and crashed servers.

So when a major mainstream media pillar like the Chicago Tribune takes up the story and raises a few editorial board eyebrows, it makes a difference.

The “World’s Greatest Newspaper” editorializes today:

http://my.chicagotribune.com/#section/-1/arti...

If this were a GOP administration, the media would be in a feeding frenzy.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1154835 Jun 22, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem a little out of sorts lately. Graveyard shift on the ol' "heavy equipment" getting you down? Do they run heavy equipment at night where you live?
Maybe working 'days', raking in all those big bucks, is hard on "Engineers", huh Jeff?
I see on twitter, you claim to still have your Lawn and Garden Service. I thought you gave that up after putting your "girls" through college? Or was that after you single-handedly saved your public schools, while presiding over the School Board? Maybe it was before you took it upon yourself to show your City Council how to properly run a city? It's confusing. You have so many professions, in so many places, all at the same time.....I swear, It's hard to keep up.
that's cuz you stalked the wrong guy after months of using your "brain"...

if i am posting at night, i must be working days now, huh? i can see where this level of thinking is leagues above your pay grade...perhaps you should stick to what you know lying about yourself...
The Duchess of Taint

United States

#1154836 Jun 22, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Topix reminds me of the ARMY catch phrase from a few years ago --¨Be All That You Can Be¨-- and some of these mutts don't know when to turn off the BS.

He cracked me up a month or so ago with the claim that his 'words held weight across the continents' or some narcissistic crap like that.
TPRTY

United States

#1154837 Jun 22, 2014
"It's inexcusable, and Americans are right to be angry about it, and I am angry about it. I will not tolerate this kind of behavior in any agency, but especially in the IRS, given the power that it has and the reach that it has into all of our lives.... I'll do everything in my power to make sure nothing like this happens again by holding the responsible parties accountable...."

Barack Hussein Obama condemning "misconduct" at the Internal Revenue Service, May 15, 2013.

Obama was right. Given the reach that it has into all of our lives, none of us can ignore the IRS and questions about its conduct.

And now there's one more question ascendant: This 13-month refusal to name a special prosecutor has become its own curiosity.

http://my.chicagotribune.com/#section/-1/arti...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1154839 Jun 22, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Name me one single thing that we are better off today because of Bush????
eight years of significant tax reductions that allowed those who worked to build capital.....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1154840 Jun 22, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
State prosecutors in Wisconsin have alleged that Gov. Scott Walker (R) was part of an effort to illegally coordinate conservative groups' fundraising during the 2011 and 2012 recall elections in the state, according to The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
The revelation was contained in documents unsealed Thursday by a federal judge. In the documents, according to the Journal Sentinel, prosecutors described a "criminal scheme" to skirt state election laws by Walker and his campaign, as well as two of Walker's deputies: R.J. Johnson and Deborah Jordahl. Walker and his deputies allegedly helped raise money and control spending through 12 conservative groups during the recalls.
The Journal Sentinel highlighted one email exchange contained in the documents: a note from Walker to Republican political strategist and former George W. Bush adviser Karl Rove in which Walker described Johnson's role coordinating the activity.
"Bottom-line: R.J. helps keep in place a team that is wildly successful in Wisconsin. We are running 9 recall elections and it will be like 9 congressional markets in every market in the state (and Twin Cities)," Walker wrote to Rove on May 4, 2011.
The documents were unsealed as part of a lawsuit brought by the conservative group Wisconsin Club for Growth, which has been seeking to have the investigation shut down.
Before Thursday's document release, it had been widely understood that a group of state prosecutors were conducting a secret "John Doe" investigation into allegedly illegal campaign coordination between Walker's 2012 campaign and outside conservative groups. Wisconsin Club for Growth (where Johnson serves as an adviser) was one of the targets of the probe, and earlier this year it sued to stop the probe. Last month, a federal judge dramatically ordered the prosecutors to halt their activities.
Despite the court victory won by his allies, late last month reports indicated that Walker was negotiating with the special prosecutor overseeing the probe.
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/scott-w...
meanwhile, Obama flies all over the country at taxpayer expense to raise funds for the DemoKKKrat party......
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1154841 Jun 22, 2014
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"John Galt"
The Iraqis could arrest and prosecute America because our boy president nobama would say nary a word to deter them. Then he would fire up his disinformation bureau to inform American's that it was an internal Iraqi matter and that their "law" should prevail.
Peace
sure, the local Iraqi cop would drive up to the US Marine base, knock on the door, and demand that the Marines surrender.......

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1154842 Jun 22, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
disprove what? considering that the range of criminal liability in our courts is 90%, and with 97% of the world's climate scientists agreeing that there this man made global warming would that allow me to sue a major polluter?(soon to happen in California)
and what would your 3% get? laughed out of court.
if you want the ten grand, it's on you buddy. prove the 97% wrong. let's see it.
Prove what?

:-)

Nothing has been proven regarding Global Warming. Didn't you hear me the first time?

Consensus happens with brain surgeons, plumbers, climatologists and Sportscasters but nowhere is it written that consensus is proof.

Bloodletting was once considered good medicine by consensus. So was a Flat Earth. So was the mysterious Aether and Fluid Heat.

If Satan showed up at the National Baptist Convention with a trillion dollars in a suitcase, a new religious consensus would be formed, I guarantee it.

I George Bush claimed that Anthropic Global Warming was a settled scientific fact, sonic would be fidgeting nervously to find an argument against that lousy lying Republican.

Take your starry-eyed partisan Fairy Tales and shove it up some Kenyan's Butt to make him happy, would you?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1154843 Jun 22, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice slur,racist f*ck.
nice obscenity, filthy pig.....

by the way, who put you in charge of defining racism???...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
President Donald Trump 27 min FruitFlavoredFreda 4
We needed a miracle...so God sent Donald Trump 30 min FruitFlavoredFreda 3
Clear Blue Skies over Windy City/Chicago, Illin... 1 hr Earl 2
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr loose cannon 243,469
Change one letter in the word (Apr '12) 9 hr The real Rudy 89
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 10 hr MPMMB 2,614
Change one letter in the word (Mar '12) 11 hr MPMMB 105

Chicago Jobs

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages