Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1278024 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Katrina

Tempe, AZ

#1153343 Jun 19, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>it's funny when you have no idea what you are talking about but continue to make a total ass of yourself with your ignorance and big mouth...
You just described YOURSELF PR...

“Come Home America!”

Since: Nov 11

Claymont, Delaware 19809

#1153344 Jun 19, 2014
President Barack Obama presented the Medal of Honor Thursday to a veteran who took the blow from a grenade to protect a fellow Marine in Afghanistan back in 2010, sustaining major wounds, including the loss of his right eye.

"Retired Cpl. William "Kyle" Carpenter received the medal during a ceremony in the East Room of the White House. He's the eighth living recipient to be chosen for the Medal of Honor for actions in Iraq or Afghanistan.

"Kyle doesn't hide his scars. He's proud of them and the service they represent," Obama said.

Carpenter, now 24, was wounded Nov. 21, 2010, while guarding a patrol base in a small village in Helmand province." http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/06/19/obama-pr...
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#1153345 Jun 19, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, those responsible are in jail. We didn't need to invade anyone or nothin'.
No, we sure didn't need to be invading LIBYA.

I personally wish the commiekid speech writers on the hill--would get a clue--and spare America the marxist EGOS that have oozed out of every pore of the same, over the past few years.

NOTICE the (HUGE!!) DIFFERENCE in presentations DUH A Vey-

Good evening. Tonight in Iraq, the Armed Forces of the United States are engaged in a struggle that will determine the direction of the global war on terror — and our safety here at home. The new strategy I outline tonight will change America's course in Iraq, and help us succeed in the fight against terror.

When I addressed you just over a year ago, nearly 12 million Iraqis had cast their ballots for a unified and democratic nation. The elections of 2005 were a stunning achievement. We thought that these elections would bring the Iraqis together — and that as we trained Iraqi security forces, we could accomplish our mission with fewer American troops.

But in 2006, the opposite happened. The violence in Iraq — particularly in Baghdad — overwhelmed the political gains the Iraqis had made. Al Qaeda terrorists and Sunni insurgents recognized the mortal danger that Iraq's elections posed for their cause, and they responded with outrageous acts of murder aimed at innocent Iraqis. They blew up one of the holiest shrines in Shia Islam — the Golden Mosque of Samarra — in a calculated effort to provoke Iraq's Shia population to retaliate. Their strategy worked. Radical Shia elements, some supported by Iran, formed death squads. And the result was a vicious cycle of sectarian violence that continues today.
The situation in Iraq is unacceptable to the American people — and it is unacceptable to me. Our troops in Iraq have fought bravely. They have done everything we have asked them to do. Where mistakes have been made, the responsibility rests with me.......
(GW Bush's Iraq Speech-1/2007)

From todays "remarks"

PRESIDENT OBAMA: Good afternoon, everybody. "I" just met with "my" national security team to discuss the situation in Iraq. We’ve been meeting regularly to review the situation since ISIL, a terrorist organization that operates in Iraq and Syria, made advances inside of Iraq. "As I said" last week, ISIL poses a threat to the Iraqi people, to the region and to U.S. interests. So today "I" wanted to provide you an update on how we’re responding to the situation.

First, we are working to secure our embassy and personnel operating inside of Iraq. "As president", I have no greater priority than the safety of our men and women serving overseas. So I’ve taken some steps to relocate some of our embassy personnel, and we’ve sent reinforcements to better secure our facilities.

Second, " at my direction" we have significantly increased our intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance assets so that we’ve got a better picture of what’s taking place inside of Iraq, and this will give us a greater understanding of what ISIL is doing, where it’s located and how we might support efforts to counter this threat.....

American forces will not be returning to combat in Iraq, but we will help Iraqis as they take the fight to terrorists who threaten the Iraqi people, the region and American interests as well...

Notice the difference...(I..I..I...me..me .. my...) and see that word "responsibility"..
Itsallgood

Kansas City, MO

#1153346 Jun 19, 2014
Clinton up next
Patriot

Erie, CO

#1153347 Jun 19, 2014
What You Are Not Being Told About the Invasion of America

June 19, 2014

The Daily Caller reports,“a leaked estimate by a top official in the Department of Homeland Security says the 12-month inflow will reach 90,000 by October, and then grow by another 142,000 in the next 12 months before October 2015.” That’s over 230,000, nearly a quarter million that the Democrats hope to dump on US taxpayers. Soon, this number will grown by millions.

A Phoenix TV station reported June 6, DHS program that buses immigrants to AZ, no signs of stopping. The story follows the script of “humanitarian crisis” rather than a created crisis, but again, make no mistake about it, this administration is following script to undermine this country.

http://www.dcclothesline.com/2014/06/19/told-...

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1153348 Jun 19, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
So all you're saying is accountability in government is out the window as long as it's a cool black guy in office...(without endorsing McCain or Cruz, mind you).
Sounds a bit racist to me.
There's a lot of cool black guys who would be fantastic presidents. Just not this one.
Do you judge a man by the content of his character or the color of his skin? Because doing the former was MLK's dream. If you remember.
Is there anything this cool black president could do that would make you reconsider his ability to lead this country?
Someone on here could come up with a long list why you should, pretty sure.
Here's one: If the IRS targeted and harassed a disproportionate number of liberal groups under a McCain or Cruz presidency and lost all the emails during that same time period - two years' worth - would you be cool with that?
It would help me figure out if you see only the color of a man's skin who has a corrupt character or if you're just confused by lies and deception on the part of a corrupt black man.
Thanks so much.
People like Ghost have a certain redeeming value in that when they say to turn Left, we know immediately to turn Right - and vice versa.

It does come in handy but only if you understand you are dealing with a jerk.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1153349 Jun 19, 2014
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
No, we sure didn't need to be invading LIBYA.
I personally wish the commiekid speech writers on the hill--would get a clue--and spare America the marxist EGOS that have oozed out of every pore of the same, over the past few years.
NOTICE the (HUGE!!) DIFFERENCE in presentations DUH A Vey-
Good evening. Tonight in Iraq, the Armed Forces of the United States are engaged in a struggle that will determine the direction of the global war on terror — and our safety here at home. The new strategy I outline tonight will change America's course in Iraq, and help us succeed in the fight against terror.
When I addressed you just over a year ago, nearly 12 million Iraqis had cast their ballots for a unified and democratic nation. The elections of 2005 were a stunning achievement. We thought that these elections would bring the Iraqis together — and that as we trained Iraqi security forces, we could accomplish our mission with fewer American troops.
But in 2006, the opposite happened. The violence in Iraq — particularly in Baghdad — overwhelmed the political gains the Iraqis had made. Al Qaeda terrorists and Sunni insurgents recognized the mortal danger that Iraq's elections posed for their cause, and they responded with outrageous acts of murder aimed at innocent Iraqis. They blew up one of the holiest shrines in Shia Islam — the Golden Mosque of Samarra — in a calculated effort to provoke Iraq's Shia population to retaliate. Their strategy worked. Radical Shia elements, some supported by Iran, formed death squads. And the result was a vicious cycle of sectarian violence that continues today.
The situation in Iraq is unacceptable to the American people — and it is unacceptable to me. Our troops in Iraq have fought bravely. They have done everything we have asked them to do. Where mistakes have been made, the responsibility rests with me.......
(GW Bush's Iraq Speech-1/2007)
From todays "remarks"
PRESIDENT OBAMA: Good afternoon, everybody. "I" just met with "my" national security team to discuss the situation in Iraq. We’ve been meeting regularly to review the situation since ISIL, a terrorist organization that operates in Iraq and Syria, made advances inside of Iraq. "As I said" last week, ISIL poses a threat to the Iraqi people, to the region and to U.S. interests. So today "I" wanted to provide you an update on how we’re responding to the situation.
First, we are working to secure our embassy and personnel operating inside of Iraq. "As president", I have no greater priority than the safety of our men and women serving overseas. So I’ve taken some steps to relocate some of our embassy personnel, and we’ve sent reinforcements to better secure our facilities.
Second, " at my direction" we have significantly increased our intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance assets so that we’ve got a better picture of what’s taking place inside of Iraq, and this will give us a greater understanding of what ISIL is doing, where it’s located and how we might support efforts to counter this threat.....
American forces will not be returning to combat in Iraq, but we will help Iraqis as they take the fight to terrorists who threaten the Iraqi people, the region and American interests as well...
Notice the difference...(I..I..I...me..me .. my...) and see that word "responsibility"..
we didn't invade Libya..

do you ever have even the slightest clue as to what you are talking about? dude, it is getting embarrassing for you....

Lapeer, MI

#1153350 Jun 19, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, one thing he didn't do is invade a country causing the deaths of thousands of Americans and hundreds of thousands of Iraqis.
Why are rightwingers so damn dumb?
But he sure screwed up in Somalia, the Balkans, Afghanistan and with the Rwanda genocide where he actually airlifted food to those committing the genocide.

Hillary probably advised him in all of this. Except the fellatio from Monica. He acted alone on that one.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA....
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#1153351 Jun 19, 2014
And going forward, we will continue to consult closely with Congress, we will keep the American people informed, we will remain vigilant, and we will continue to do everything in our power to protect the security of the United States and the safety of the American people.

America WATCHES.

Lapeer, MI

#1153352 Jun 19, 2014
<quoted text>
This is rich!
You mean like a Black Russian or Whiskey Cream Pie?

Lapeer, MI

#1153353 Jun 19, 2014
<quoted text>
There's no such thing as a "cool" republican
Correct.

They're all hot babes.

Lapeer, MI

#1153354 Jun 19, 2014
<quoted text>
Here; I give you the brown card; it's a scratch and sniff, now beat it dummy
lily's not playing with a full deck. All she's got left is Brown Cards, Race Cards, Gender Cards and lots of Jokers.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#1153355 Jun 19, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>we didn't invade Libya..
do you ever have even the slightest clue as to what you are talking about? dude, it is getting embarrassing for you....
Yeah, we did.

America’s Secret Libya War
The U.S. military has spent about $1 billion on Libya’s revolution, and secretly helped NATO with everything from munitions to surveillance aircraft. John Barry provides an exclusive look at Obama’s emerging 'covert intervention' strategy.

The U.S. military has spent about $1 billion so far and played a far larger role in Libya than it has acknowledged, quietly implementing an emerging "covert intervention" strategy that the Obama administration hopes will let America fight small wars with a barely detectable footprint.

Officially, President Obama handed the lead role of ousting Muammar Gaddafi to the European members of NATO. For this he was criticized by Washington war hawks who suggested that Europeans working with a ragtag team of Libyan rebels was a recipe for stalemate, not victory.

But behind the scenes, the U.S. military played an indispensable role in the Libya campaign, deploying far more forces than the administration chose to advertise. And at NATO headquarters outside Brussels, the U.S. was intimately involved in all decisions about how the Libyan rebels should be supported as they rolled up control of cities and oil refineries and marched toward the capital, Tripoli.
< http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2011/08... ;

The US must end its illegal war in Libya now
President Obama has ripped up the US constitution for Nato's ill-considered Libyan adventure. Congress must restore sense
This week, I am sponsoring legislation in the United States Congress that will end US military involvement in Libya for the following reasons:

First, the war is illegal under the United States constitution and our War Powers Act, because only the US Congress has the authority to declare war and the president has been unable to show that the US faced an imminent threat from Libya. The president even ignored his top legal advisers at the Pentagon and the department of justice who insisted he needed congressional approval before bombing Libya.

Second, the war has reached a stalemate and is unwinnable without the deployment of Nato ground troops, effectively an invasion of Libya. The whole operation was terribly ill-considered from the beginning. While Nato supports the Benghazi-based opposition (situated in the oil-rich north-east), there is little evidence that the opposition has support of the majority of Libyans. The leading opposition group, the National Front for the Salvation of Libya (which had reportedly been backed by the CIA in the 1980s), should never have launched an armed civil war against the government if they had no chance absent a massive Nato air campaign and the introduction of Nato troops.

Their reckless actions, encouraged by western political, military and intelligence interests, created the the humanitarian crisis that was then used to justify the Nato war campaign.
< http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/cifa... ;

On March 4, writer David Kirkpatrick headlined, Qaddafi Brutalizes Foes, Armed or Defenseless, saying:
Gaddafi attacked unarmed protesters.His militias actions seemed likely to stir renewed debate over international intervention to limit his use of military power against his own citizens, possibly by imposing a no-flight zone. If established, its an act of war ahead of aggressive air attacks against a defenseless country, Americas latest imperial target.
Now its Libya, struggling to defend itself against naked aggression, covert so far but not for long, claiming humanitarian intervention.
US warships are now positioned in the Mediterranean close by. About 1,200 Marines went to Greece for Operation Libya. Rebels are being sent military and other supplies..
Patrick

United States

#1153356 Jun 19, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Who has a complex mind and contemplates his actions before making them?
Certainly not Obama. You're not talking about Obama, I hope.
He's too overwhelmed to know which toilet paper to use without causing another scandal.
He only contemplates which fundraiser to attend and which club to use to sink his ball.
He's still struggling with an identity crisis, I believe, that he admitted having while growing up. Must give you the illusion of a superior intellect.
We're dealing with a high school class president mentality here, Lily. Think of a black Biff from "Back to the Future" sitting in the White House. I'm so sorry you're so disillusioned.
Nothing complex or superior to see here. Just a community organizing political activist who loves the perks of being the president - just not the job. He's in over his head and knows it.
Your straw-man fallacy and hasty generalizations might have impressed 5th graders.
Not to impressive with adults.
Are you still defending the enemies of America?
Taking out Osama bin-lauden was impressive .... guess you missed the point
Patrick

United States

#1153357 Jun 19, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
But he sure screwed up in Somalia, the Balkans, Afghanistan and with the Rwanda genocide where he actually airlifted food to those committing the genocide.
Hillary probably advised him in all of this. Except the fellatio from Monica. He acted alone on that one.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA....
Putin, Iran, the Taliban and Boko Harum are comforted by your posts.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#1153358 Jun 19, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Your straw-man fallacy and hasty generalizations might have impressed 5th graders.
Not to impressive with adults.
Are you still defending the enemies of America?
Taking out Osama bin-lauden was impressive .... guess you missed the point
http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/wanted_terrorists/a...

Guess you all missed the REALITY, Patrick.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#1153359 Jun 19, 2014
Itsallgood wrote:
Clinton up next
At least w/ Clinton...America was INFORMED of things like Haiti, Somalia., Rwanda, Bosnia/Kosovo..the first WTC bombing..the US embassey (same AQ..different time) bombings in Kenya and Tanzania...etc...and it wasn't all some lame, obscure "vid-ee-yo's" fault.

Why FOREIGN Policy...should NOT be taken lightly, or snarkishly, when electing OR nominating POTUS's.
Patricia Witherspoon

Palm Coast, FL

#1153360 Jun 19, 2014
<quoted text>
People with rigid convictions are inflexible; I prefer a contemplative leader. We know who is in charge; we have confidence in President Obama's decision making skills.
You're the one with the problems. Every President golfs; even the black one, much to your chagrin. We get it; it's a white supremacist thought process.
You want the black guy to work 24/7; no vacations, no golf, no merry making. That's racism.
You can't stand one thing about him because he is black. We can all see it in every post you put up. And, it's getting worse.
Odd that it's 6 years and you're still not over it!! Incredible.
What's incredible is that you still have confidence in Obamaliar's decision making skills...LOL... How would you know what they are? He's avoided making important decisions on most things, and the ones he has made have been disastrous. We get it; you're a black supremacist...and an intoxicated one at that!
Odd that it's 6 years and you're still swallowing the Obama snake oil!! Incredible.
Patricia Witherspoon

Palm Coast, FL

#1153361 Jun 19, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Enjoy. Good Day Sunshine
For lily, it's Moonshine.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#1153362 Jun 19, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Well gee whiz son.
The Seattle Supersonics moved to Oklahoma City and changed their name.
New Orleans Hornets did the same.
Houston Oils also made the change.
So really... it's a non issue on your 'legacy' son!
It's an affront to the namesake of a half a century PLUS American sports team LEGACY ...boy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 24 min Pennie Lane 6,441
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 32 min JRB 197,044
abby9-3-15 1 hr Kuuipo 9
abby9-2-15 1 hr boundary painter 6
amy 9-3-15 1 hr boundary painter 8
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr IB DaMann 54,587
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr RACE 100,672
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages