Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1620784 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

OBAMAS MEAT GRINDER

Lillington, NC

#1154462 Jun 22, 2014
Obama: All U.S. Troops Out of Iraq by Year’s End

By Jim Garamone
American Forces Press Service

WASHINGTON, Oct. 21, 2011 – All U.S. service members will leave Iraq by the end of the year, President Barack Obama announced today.

About 40,000 U.S. service members are in the country, and all will be “home for the holidays,” Obama said.

The president made the announcement after speaking with Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki this morning.

Since American forces went into Iraq in March 2003, more than 1 million Americans have deployed to the Middle Eastern country – many multiple times. More than 32,200 U.S. service members and civilians have been wounded in the country, and 4,482 were killed.

“Today, I can report that as promised, the rest of our troops in Iraq will come home by the end of the year. After nearly nine years, America’s war in Iraq will be over,” the president said.“The last American soldiers will cross the border out of Iraq with their heads held high, proud of their success and knowing that the American people stand united in our support for our troops,” the president said.“That is how America’s military efforts in Iraq will end.”

Boots on the ground: Obama sending “small number” of Special Forces troops to assist Iraq; Update: 275 personnel

posted at 5:21 pm on June 16, 2014 by Allahpundit

Share on Facebook
481



628 SHARES

Via Guy Benson, who reminds me that this isn’t the first time the White House has advertised the smallness — the “unbelievable” smallness — of an intervention to make it easier to sell to voters.

Supposedly the troops they’re sending are only going to train and advise the Iraqis. What’s the advice, exactly?“Don’t run away“?

It’s not clear how quickly the special forces could arrive in Iraq. It’s also unknown whether they would remain in Baghdad or be sent to the nation’s north, where the al-Qaida-inspired Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant has overrun several cities in the worst threat to the Shiite-led government since U.S. troops left in 2011…

The mission almost certainly would be small: one U.S. official said it could be up to 100 special forces soldiers. It also could be authorized only as an advising and training mission — meaning the soldiers would work closely with Iraqi forces that are fighting the insurgency but not officially be considered as combat troops.

The troops would fall under the authority of the U.S. ambassador and would not be authorized to engage in combat, another U.S. official said. Their mission is “non-operational training” of both regular and counter terrorism units, which the military has interpreted to mean training on military bases, not in the field, the official said.
http://hotair.com/archives/2014/06/16/boots-o...
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1154463 Jun 22, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Mornin' Mr. 62 Percent!
Look who's talking - you don't know what you are talking about, as usual. You just parrot what you hear from your leftwing liars.
When Sens. John McCain (R-AZ) and Joe Lieberman (I-CT) were in Iraq, Malik agreed to a "follow up force" being left in theater.
It was the Obama administration's intentional refusal to give the Iraqis a solid troop number that destroyed the deal.
You are really one dumbfk, 62%.
Just keep on lying.
The Iraqi Parliament voted no to that idea, even the Kurds wanted all the US forces out and as you should know Maliki was emphatic about not signing a SOFA.

This has only been explained to you and the other right wing mutts who live on this thread a dozen times__are you stupid???

Or are you lying as some weird form of therapy?

Since: May 11

Carlisle, PA

#1154464 Jun 22, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
Some trivia
First week book sales
Hard Choices -85,721
American by Heart-467,604
All that says is that there are a pile of dumbass right whiners who actually give a sh*t what the hypocrite, family selling, quitter Sarah Palin has to say.
Nostrilis Waxman

New York, NY

#1154465 Jun 22, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Has your paranoia and fanatical obsessions subsided yet?
No, sorry to report, worse than ever. But I will still be using the judgits and continuing to make an ass of myself today!! It's my obsessive compulsive disorder, which, combined with my paranoia and various other mental disorders, can cause me huge problems!
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1154466 Jun 22, 2014
OBAMA and KERRY WARLORDS wrote:
THE NEW BUSH (OBAMA) AND Dick Cheney (KERRY)
SENDS TROOPS BACK TO THE MEAT GRINDER !!!!!
WASHINGTON (CNN)-- President Bush joined GOP lawmakers Tuesday in blasting Sen. John Kerry for telling a group of college students they could either work hard in school or "get stuck in Iraq."
"Even in the midst of a heated campaign season, there are still some things we should all be able to agree on, and one of the most important is that every one of our troops deserves our gratitude and respect," Bush said.
Kerry told reporters in Seattle, Washington, that the remark was a "botched joke" meant to target the president, not U.S. troops.
Bush added that U.S. troops deserve the full support of the government.(Watch Kerry say he won't apologize for criticizing the president and "his broken policy" -- 9:33 Video)
"The senator's suggestion that the men and women of our military are somehow uneducated is insulting and shameful," Bush said. "The men and women who serve in our all-volunteer armed forces are plenty smart and are serving because they are patriots -- and Senator Kerry owes them an apology."
What's one more hating bagger idiot?

Carlisle, PA

#1154467 Jun 22, 2014
TPRTY wrote:
High School Blocked NRA, Republican, and Christian Websites, Connecticut Student Claims
A Connecticut high school student is claiming his school blocked him from viewing certain conservative websites, including ones related to the National Rifle Association, the Republican political party, and Christianity.
Lampart claims that pro-life groups, like National Right to Life, were blocked, but websites for Planned Parenthood and Pro-Choice America were not. The Vatican's website and Christianity.com were blocked, but a website relating to the Muslim religion was not. Additionally, the Connecticut Republican Party was blocked, but the Connecticut Democratic Party was not.
More insidious brainwashing perpetrated by the intolerant left.
Lets have high school kids log onto "Guns are Us who support the availability of guns to nut jobs.

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1154468 Jun 22, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Roxlo, the sock, has a new sock.
LOL, paranoid Dave is still paranoid.

See you are coming up empty this morning--that must suck.

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Location hidden

#1154469 Jun 22, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't know you were a homophobe or Kerry was gay--who knew. But, you are right Kerry was/is very hateful and disrespectful to our troops.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1154470 Jun 22, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
No, sorry to report, worse than ever. But I will still be using the judgits and continuing to make an ass of myself today!! It's my obsessive compulsive disorder, which, combined with my paranoia and various other mental disorders, can cause me huge problems!
I think the saddest part of your fanatical obsessions is the :FACT" that you are way past the point where you have been rendered useless in any discussion. So in a sense you must realize that you are posting to appease your own insecurities? Just a thought but did your analyst recommend this as therapy, and is he aware that it's not working?

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Location hidden

#1154471 Jun 22, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets have high school kids log onto "Guns are Us who support the availability of guns to nut jobs.
Wow, Dave you are really off step this morning.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1154472 Jun 22, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, paranoid Dave is still paranoid.
See you are coming up empty this morning--that must suck.
Now there is a subject you are very familiar with....SUCKING.

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Location hidden

#1154473 Jun 22, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why is FOX consistently rated the dumbest viewers????
Pffft, toilet paper "scientific" surveys for the drooling Progressives
OBAMAS MEAT GRINDER

Lillington, NC

#1154474 Jun 22, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
The same thing as another hating liberal IDIOT that
supports Obama in another Vietnam Middle East War !!!!!!!!!!

Carlisle, PA

#1154475 Jun 22, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
Oklahoma Senator Says He Has Proof That Obama Is Supporting the Enemy
In an appearance on the Family Research Council’s “Washington Watch” yesterday, Sen. Jim Inhofe deliberated whether President Obama is a terrorist supporter or a buffoon, and decided that he president is intentionally “supporting the enemy.”
“Never in my political career in my memory did it ever occur to me that we would have a president of the United States who would be doing things supporting the enemy,” the Oklahoma Republican said.“Our system isn’t set up for Congress to deal with this kind of a situation.”
Inhofe told FRC president Tony Perkins that he is even comfortable leaking information from classified briefings:“All of these hearings, these classified briefings like the one we had this morning, I almost don’t mind talking about what they said because they are all so orchestrated, they always have five or six people from the administration, all of them agreeing with the president.”
“People now are calling in on a regular basis and saying, you know what I knew this administration was incompetent but I believe this goes beyond incompetence, I believe some of it’s intentional, either they are working intentionally to undermine America or they simply have no clue whatsoever,” Perkins said.
Inhofe suggested that he agrees with Perkins that Obama is deliberately harming America.
“If I were to agree with that, I’d lose all credibility in going on because that is the first thing they’d accuse me of,” Inhofe responded.“But I’d have to tell you, those people have every reason to believe what they are believing now. This couldn’t just keep happening over and over again.”
Imhofe. He certainly is your hero. He has voted no to legislation to help this country recover from all his "yes" votes under George W Bush that led us to the worst recession in 80 years, a near financial collapse, two quagmire wars & doubling the debt.

That certainly qualified him to be your hero.

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Location hidden

#1154476 Jun 22, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, Ghost lamely attempt to support his dumbass attack on his fellow Americans by whining about FNS.

So Ed Schultz tirades is your cup of tea?

I bet you think this passes for intelligent Progressive commentary.

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Location hidden

#1154477 Jun 22, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the saddest part of your fanatical obsessions is the :FACT" that you are way past the point where you have been rendered useless in any discussion. So in a sense you must realize that you are posting to appease your own insecurities? Just a thought but did your analyst recommend this as therapy, and is he aware that it's not working?
See, you learned something at your psychotherapy sessions--the terminology. What is ridiculous is you thinking that your going to them qualifies you to psychoanalysis someone else on a message board.

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Location hidden

#1154478 Jun 22, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Now there is a subject you are very familiar with....SUCKING.
LOL, I hope you didn't harm too many of your brain cells coming up with that brilliant retort.

You are being lazy.
Dee

United States

#1154479 Jun 22, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
You still don't get it, you clueless twit? It wasn't up to The US or Obama, it was up to the Iraqi government to sign off on a SOFA and it was they who rejected it because the Iraqi people didn't want American forces in their country.
And in case you missed it dimwit, Iraq is a sovereign country and we can't even overfly it let alone drop bombs unless military help is requested by their government.
And just where do you think these American aircraft would have suddenly come from STUPID? Bush withdrew our air assets from Saudi Arabia in 2003 and flights from Turkey on a path to intercept ISIS forces would mean overflying Syria which has some serious anti aircraft systems that they got from Russia.
You really lack the ability to think things through don't you? You've been demonstrating that on a daily basis.
Nope, nada absolutely not so. What happened is US generals and military advisors told Obama they needed 20K-25K left behind to supervise and help the new government of Iraq. Obama said no. So the generals and military advisors cut it down to 10K as the lowest number they could still be effective to maintain and help the new government of Iraq. Obama came back and said not more than 3K. The military explained that wouldn't work they would be spread too thin and sitting ducks if there was a insurgent cluster but still Obama wouldn't budge he also wasn't interested in engaging the Iraqi government in any talks.

Do you know of one time Obama called and talked the Mailiki? Not once before ISIS took over the country.

Mailiki made a formal request for air support about 6 weeks ago now don't you read a newspaper?

Carlisle, PA

#1154480 Jun 22, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the LIAR here! No one said she laughed through the trail.
Dave making up stuff to be outraged about is moronic. But, hey, Dave will do anything to find something to whine about.
Get it together, bud.
Just like you when you said 49% don't pay taxes?
Dee

United States

#1154481 Jun 22, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Say what poll? MSNBC? George Soros's MEDIA MATTERS?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 22 min Patriot AKA Bozo 64,004
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 37 min SweLL GirL 11,443
The Party of Racism. 51 min Testube 64
The truth and nuttin but. 53 min TimBuck2 25
Why can 2 Black Reps. get media protection & Wh... 1 hr WHY 1
Child Molestation at Chicago Cult 2 hr John Trott 48
Bears Suc 3 hr Dan Wilzeysleezly 1

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages