Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1616985 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1153809 Jun 20, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no, he stated they pay no tax. Roxlo isn't too concerned about accuracy in statements...just dump and run.
No....

"Only 49% of taxpayers pay income tax"

Note--income tax.

NOT-FICA, Sales, Property, etc that Moron lamely went on a fantasy tour with.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1153810 Jun 20, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
YES! That is EXACTLY the problem...the WHOLE problem...and nothing BUT the problem!
An overbloated national federal government that has distanced itself from the people and drowning in a sea of bureaucracy!
Unless and until we see the root cause of our problems - an oversized national bureaucracy, the cost of living outdistancing average incomes and the outrageous costs of medical care, we're going to continue chasing our tails...round and round and round...
Right; I'm certain people would love to be governed by a bunch of nutbag teapartyers!!! Imposing their idiotic religious beliefs on others!!!
Hey, why not just bring back slavery?

Do you know what Juneteenth is?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1153811 Jun 20, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
United Negro College needs to give back the 25 million they got from the Koch Brothers. NOW.
Did Rush just say that?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1153812 Jun 20, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, if you want to act clueless as your defense --that is your choice.
Hey, woodenhead, can't figure out what an email server has to do with the IRS scandal.
you'ure out there is no scandal the IRS was doing what they should have done for those groups applying for that tax status.

Since: May 14

Location hidden

#1153813 Jun 20, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Emans wife dipped and left him with the kids too!
Eman ran off with DBWriter. Waxmoron and Shinningmoron will be the next Topix bromance we can celebrate.
Patrick

United States

#1153814 Jun 20, 2014
<quoted text>
"Sharia law and it's consequences ...." where'd you pick up that sentence?
Keep your sense of humor as these people seem to love themselves but not America.
thunder
57th State

Palm Coast, FL

#1153815 Jun 20, 2014
<quoted text>
Only an idiot would utter such nonsense. I've never heard any person anywhere in my whole life ever say bullshyt like you do
It's your vodka.

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#1153816 Jun 20, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
"Just picture someone with a narcissist mentality who doesn't listen to anyone..." -Carol --trying to evaluate the President of the United States.
Wonder if she ever like any president????
Peace
Funny you should ask that. Was just saying the other day that when I first said on here we've been hijacked and the numerous times afterward beginning in November 2008, I wasn't exaggerating or just saying that because my side lost.

When Bill Clinton won both times, I was disappointed but would have never said the country had been hijacked.

Neither would I have said that about Hillary Clinton if she hadn't gotten thrown under the bus by media for the more cool and radically liberal black guy they had such a crush on.

In fact, Hillary would have been the much better choice. This thread might not even exist if she had.

But we were, in fact, hijacked by an ideology in the man of Barack Hussein Obama who had a secretive past, with no qualifications or experience to lead any country and whose ideology was the exact opposite of everything that stands for America.

The economic crisis could have been a golden learning opportunity for this nation to reevaluate its priorities. I, for one, was very hopeful that would happen. Used to say greed would be our undoing for many years.

Instead, it was a good crisis that wasn't going to go to waste and we jumped out of the skillet into the fire.

So thanks for pushing the rest of us into the flames.
57th State

Palm Coast, FL

#1153817 Jun 20, 2014
<quoted text>
Did Rush just say that?
You're wearing your vodka ears again.

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#1153818 Jun 20, 2014
<quoted text>
"Sharia law and it's consequences ...." where'd you pick up that sentence?
NBC - and the article they published today - which I quoted in that post.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1153819 Jun 20, 2014
<quoted text>
Only an idiot would utter such nonsense. I've never heard any person anywhere in my whole life ever say bullshyt like you do
Liberals don't believe in the American dream. In spite of endless stories to the contrary, liberals don't believe that a person can better themselves through hard work. They believe that a person who gets their start in the working world in a menial job, is doomed to be stuck in that job forever and has no opportunity to advance themselves and better their lives. Liberals need a constant victim class. You must be a victim, otherwise you would not tout the liberals.

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Location hidden

#1153820 Jun 20, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Nope__the post is still back there.
And 49% pay no federal income taxes is also inaccurate with out some details__such as 49% of who?
And then, as you should know, many actually "have federal income taxes" deducted from their pay but receive that amount (sometimes more) back in their refund check. This due to the Reagan era EITC.
Correctly stated, those Americans "don't owe" federal income tax.
Only 49% of taxpayers pay income tax.

Realtime, you either pay the FED income tax or not. This number has been monitored for several decades comparing pop number with number of people paying into the IRS.

We are at a new low.

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Location hidden

#1153821 Jun 20, 2014
57th State wrote:
<quoted text> You're wearing your vodka ears again.
She threw away the tampon ones?

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Location hidden

#1153822 Jun 20, 2014
The Homeland Security Department has lost track of more than 1 million people who it knows arrived in the U.S. but who it cannot prove left the country, according to an audit Tuesday that also found the department probably won’t meet its own goals for deploying an entry-exit system.

The findings were revealed as Congress debates an immigration bill, and the Government Accountability Office’s report could throw up another hurdle because lawmakers in the House and Senate have said that any final deal must include a workable system to track entries and exits and cut down on so-called visa overstays.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jul/...

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1153823 Jun 20, 2014
<quoted text>
Did Rush just say that?
did the liberals go wild and insist the money goes back to the Koch brothers? yes they did-they are rallying against the money. How about the Sterling money are they going to give it back? if you loons are going to call everyone, who isn't you, racist, then don't take the money. Liberals think people smarter than them owe them money at all times.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1153824 Jun 20, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
Records Obama has set--
Only 49% of population pays taxes--lowest in modern era
OOOOOOPS!!!

you lying sack of shit!

guess we can add this to your extremely long and growing list of lies...
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1153825 Jun 20, 2014
<quoted text>
Emans wife dipped and left him with the kids too!
And... Your children are your own fault lily, your children trying to raise a non self-reliant idiot like you as an adult is still your fault lily...

It's the culture..

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#1153826 Jun 20, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Nope__the post is still back there.
And 49% pay no federal income taxes is also inaccurate with out some details__such as 49% of who?
And then, as you should know, many actually "have federal income taxes" deducted from their pay but receive that amount (sometimes more) back in their refund check. This due to the Reagan era EITC.
Correctly stated, those Americans "don't owe" federal income tax.
Post #1153608 is what I referred to.

If you don't owe, you don't pay, correct?

I'm glad you brought out the fact that some people receive a refund even though no taxes were paid.

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#1153827 Jun 20, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Only 49% of taxpayers pay income tax.
Realtime, you either pay the FED income tax or not. This number has been monitored for several decades comparing pop number with number of people paying into the IRS.
We are at a new low.
Ooops, they're going to jump on you again.:-)
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1153828 Jun 20, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>OOOOOOPS!!!
you lying sack of shit!
guess we can add this to your extremely long and growing list of lies...
woodtick code speaking more ignorance, Jeff having no facts....

It's the culture...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
robbing a bank to pay another bank and the henc... 11 min r getting paid an... 2
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr RACE 11,419
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr RACE 105,299
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr loose cannon 242,755
News Jeff Sessions claims sanctuary city policies 'e... 2 hr spud 26
The truth and nuttin but. 5 hr Test 20
Jonny's Towing is Chicagoland's Most Crooked Co... (Feb '17) 5 hr Skyline Master 81

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages