Barack Obama, our next President

There are 20 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1152029 Jun 17, 2014
YOU ARE WATCHING AN EXCERPT FROM
Al Jazeera America News DAILY AM, NOON & PM
Some Chicagoans want trauma center, not Obama’s presidential library
June 16, 2014
The University of Chicago is considered a contender for the library, but protesters feel priorities should be elsewhere.

BWAHahahahaha!!!!!
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1152030 Jun 17, 2014
Jean wrote:
<quoted text> We can't all chug along in our 1947 Bumpass jalopies, especially here in the cemetery.
Yep, just as suspected it's dumbo Waxballs...
God you are dense.That 47 today would be worth more than you and your welfare Caddilac.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1152031 Jun 17, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
" OMG OMG OMG Benghazi Benghazi Where was the security?
Now its " OMG OMG Obama sending troops back into Iraq" I mean you did know that the purpose was to beef up embassy security & protect Americans, right?
OMG you're hilarious
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1152032 Jun 17, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> So as Obamacare blows up as planned and the libtards get single payer what do you call that? In my part of the country we call that government run healthcare. A disaster in the making not to mention a doubling of the tax rate.
Universal single payer paid through taxation would be the best thing that happened in this country; eventually everyone will realize it. Even you and yours in your part of the country.
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1152033 Jun 17, 2014
flack wrote:
YOU ARE WATCHING AN EXCERPT FROM
Al Jazeera America News DAILY AM, NOON & PM
Some Chicagoans want trauma center, not Obama’s presidential library
June 16, 2014
The University of Chicago is considered a contender for the library, but protesters feel priorities should be elsewhere.
BWAHahahahaha!!!!!
When you do that BWAHAHAHAhaha thingie are you jerking off???
Patrick

Palm Coast, FL

#1152034 Jun 17, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Bagger trolls have not done military service?
" they talk the talk but don't walk the walk "
You should see Patrick trying to walk in lily's soiled sling backs! Just sayin'
--Angela
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1152035 Jun 17, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> I believe the words he used was "I will not be sending troops back into Iraq". "The will be no boots on the ground". Less than 24 hours later "Obama sends 275 Special Forces to Iraq" Yes I know they are going to the Embassy. Doesn't matter he lied, again!!!!
Why are you such a simpleton? Oops, I forgot, you're a dittohead.

WASHINGTON (AP)— Nearly 300 armed American forces are being positioned in and around Iraq to help secure U.S. assets as President Barack Obama nears a decision on an array of options for combating fast-moving Islamic insurgents, including airstrikes or a contingent of special forces.

Obama notified Congress that up to 275 troops would be sent to Iraq to provide support and security for U.S. personnel and the American Embassy in Baghdad. The soldiers — 170 of which have already arrived in Iraq — were armed for combat, though Obama has insisted he does not intend for U.S. forces to be engaged in direct fighting.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/16/obam...

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1152036 Jun 17, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Universal single payer paid through taxation would be the best thing that happened in this country; eventually everyone will realize it. Even you and yours in your part of the country.
Bullshit I have no desire to give most of my money to the government.

Vermont Democrats Labeling State's Single-Payer Health Plan a Failure
Christine Rousselle | Mar 18, 2014
Christine Rousselle
Share on Facebook 589 752 SHARES

In 2011, Vermont passed the nation's first single-payer healthcare system, "Green Mountain Care." While the law was supposed to be fully enacted by 2017, it has become apparent that there's no solid plan in place to actually pay for the healthcare of all Vermont residents. Democratic lawmakers, citing missed deadlines and past failures, have begun to call for Vermont Governor Peter Shumlin to "shelve" the plan.

“The deadlines for proposing financing have been missed two years in a row now, so to me that’s very disappointing. It’s becoming clearer and clearer that there is no financing plan,” Condon told Vermont Watchdog.

The cost of one year of Green Mountain Care is estimated to be anywhere from 1.6 to 2.2 billion dollars. This is equal to the entire tax revenue of the state of Vermont.

Sen. Bobby Starr, another Democrat who voted against Act 48, told Vermont Watchdog in January there’s “no way” single-payer can work without new taxes. Indeed, no lawmaker has introduced any bill that would finance single-payer health care without also raising taxes.

It's foolish for Vermont to even entertain the thought of a single-payer system when its attempt at implementing an Obamacare exchange didn't go so well. Green Mountain Care is way too expensive for the state, and raising taxes is going to make an already business-unfriendly state even worse.

Bwahahahaha!!!!
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1152037 Jun 17, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Bagger trolls have not done military service?
" they talk the talk but don't walk the walk "
Bagger Ghost: Post#305799:- I served they are the ones that send me my $1,000 a month check, and my tri-care along with a few other perks..

It's the culture...
Patrick

United States

#1152038 Jun 17, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, just as suspected it's dumbo Waxballs...
God you are dense.That 47 today would be worth more than you and your welfare Caddilac.
Funny Carol is worth reading under one name and
Wax-troll is moronic under 17 names .

Since: May 14

Location hidden

#1152039 Jun 17, 2014
Its getting harder to respond to right wing moron posts. They have abandon even the pretext of sane, logical debate. In their made up reality they simply rewrite the history that doesn't fit their argument.
I admire you progressive posters that try to educate these idiots but some sort of intervention or exorcism is the only hope.
lilys bartender

Palm Coast, FL

#1152040 Jun 17, 2014
<quoted text>
OMG you're hilarious
Everythings funny when you're drunk! If you ever get sober, it won't be so funny and I'll be out of business!
Ditto

Palm Coast, FL

#1152042 Jun 17, 2014
<quoted text>
Why are you such a simpleton? Oops, I forgot, you're a dittohead.
WASHINGTON (AP)— Nearly 300 armed American forces are being positioned in and around Iraq to help secure U.S. assets as President Barack Obama nears a decision on an array of options for combating fast-moving Islamic insurgents, including airstrikes or a contingent of special forces.
Obama notified Congress that up to 275 troops would be sent to Iraq to provide support and security for U.S. personnel and the American Embassy in Baghdad. The soldiers — 170 of which have already arrived in Iraq — were armed for combat, though Obama has insisted he does not intend for U.S. forces to be engaged in direct fighting.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/16/obam...
Why are you such an Obama worshipper? Oops, I forgot, you're inebriated.
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1152043 Jun 17, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
While you drive around in one of those handicapped buggies running over everything. FATSO.
You can tell more about ghost by what he says about others than you can by what others say about you retard... 10-4 Big Buddy!! LMFAO..

It's the culture...
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1152044 Jun 17, 2014
Nostrilis Waxmoron wrote:
Its getting harder to respond to right wing moron posts. They have abandon even the pretext of sane, logical debate. In their made up reality they simply rewrite the history that doesn't fit their argument.
I admire you progressive posters that try to educate these idiots but some sort of intervention or exorcism is the only hope.
Morning Patrick...

It's the culture...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1152045 Jun 17, 2014
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>President Clinton who signed the Iraq Liberation Act into law on October 31, 1998 authorizing military action against Iraq you dumbass....
December 16,1998 WASHINGTON (CNN)-- From the Oval Office, President Clinton told the nation Wednesday evening why he ordered new military strikes against Iraq and starts World War III with Iraq you sellout.
"Saddam (Hussein) must not be allowed to threaten his neighbors or the world with NUCLEAR ARMS, poison gas or biological weapons," Clinton said. Our mission is to attack Iraq's NUCLEAR, chemical and biological weapons programs and its military capacity to threaten its neighbors," said Clinton.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =ENAV_UoIfgcXX&feature=rel ated
ATLANTA, Georgia (CNN)-- An al Qaeda video obtained by CNN shows Osama bin Laden declaring war against Bill Clinton, the United States and the West you moron in 1998.
The tape of a May 26, 1998, news conference is among 64 obtained in Afghanistan from a source, who said the tapes were found in an Afghan house where bin Laden had stayed... Osama bin Laden's "Declaration of War against Bill Clinton, and the Americans Occupying the Land of the Two Holy Places"
ATLANTA, Georgia (CNN)-- A never-before-seen al Qaeda video obtained by CNN shows Osama bin Laden declaring war against Bill Clinton, the United States and the West.
The tape of a May 26, 1998, news conference is among 64 obtained in Afghanistan from a source, who said the tapes were found in an Afghan house where bin Laden had stayed... Osama bin Laden's "Declaration of War against the Americans Occupying the Land of the Two Holy Places"
http://www.jihadi.org/2002/08/may-26-1998-al-...
Two quagmire wars Bill Clinton started that Kerry and Clinton democRats voted for before they were against you ignorant dumbass... Chief Cut-n-Paste you moron, blaming someone else because you are the idiot...
That Obama bin Lyin' bumper sticker on your car you dumbass might as well say "Yes, I am that stupid." Yet... Stupid isn't what democRATs do nitwit. It's who they are... Yes democRATs are that stupid sonicmoron...
It's the culture...
who signed off on the Iraq War?

Bush.
THE BIG LIE

Buies Creek, NC

#1152046 Jun 17, 2014
spocko

Oakland, CA

#1152047 Jun 17, 2014
Whazinaname wrote:
<quoted text> Is it Mr. spocko ... Dr. spocko ... or lily spockoratonFloriduh
Huh?
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1152048 Jun 17, 2014
Nostrilis Waxmoron wrote:
Indisputable facts: Two quagmire wars Bill Clinton started in 1998, that Kerry and Clinton democRats voted for before they were against you ignorant dumbass...

Fact: Obama bin Lyin' and democRATs defending, standing with al Qaeda, since the political winds have shifted in an ugly direction you moron....

Fact: The fall of Iraq, Obama bin Lyins' ineptness, and sellout have ruined Hillary's chances as President and wasted thousands of American lives you idiot.....

Fact: Yet another cowardass liberal running backwards you idiot ..

It's the culture...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1152049 Jun 17, 2014
Supreme Court Moves Toward Legalizing Lying In Campaigns

The U.S. Supreme Court ruled in an unanimous opinion Monday that the anti-abortion group Susan B. Anthony List has standing to sue over an Ohio law that prevented it from making false statements about a political candidate in 2010.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/16/scot...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 24 min PEllen 99,414
Ask Amy 5-6-15 30 min PEllen 1
Dear Abby 5-6-15 31 min PEllen 1
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 59 min Jacques in Orleans 187,902
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 hr TRD 69,827
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr jimi-yank 53,065
Word (Dec '08) 12 hr _Zoey_ 5,213
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]