Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1509157 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1153125 Jun 19, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Racist f*ck
Racist f*ck

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1153126 Jun 19, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Racist f*ck
Go have yourself a nice little riot in some Urban Jungle, Dood.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1153127 Jun 19, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Those are people who are over 65 or disabled.
Correct, which means that Medicaid covers more than mothers with children. There are a host of others who also qualify for and receive Medicaid in our state.

And there would be far more if Scott would stop playing politics.

I read this morning that "the average" ACA subscriber in FLA is paying $68 per month in premiums.
Patricia Witherspoon

Palm Coast, FL

#1153128 Jun 19, 2014
<quoted text>
Those are people who are over 65 or disabled.
Your alcohol disability will only be covered if you stop living in the homeless area behind your Dixie Highway warehouse.
Patricia Witherspoon

Palm Coast, FL

#1153129 Jun 19, 2014
Sonic posted:
Rubio Opposes Ruling Out Stupid Actions
Marco Rubio is annoyed that Obama has ruled out sending ground troops to Iraq:
Rubio is a dope, sounds dumber by the day
It's your vodka, lily.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1153130 Jun 19, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> It's like watching grass grow. Boring as hell.
no no not really boring -the neighbors who are Illegal mexicans love the stuff, they buy a bunch of beer and smoke weed until it appears to be fog, start to fight, and then the police come and raid the place. It was exciting.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1153131 Jun 19, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Correct, which means that Medicaid covers more than mothers with children. There are a host of others who also qualify for and receive Medicaid in our state.
I read this morning that "the average" ACA subscriber in FLA is paying $68 per month in premiums.
I once made an inquiry for a friend who retired at 62, thinking he could qualify for Medicaid because he lives on social security and he was denied.
The income levels for qualifying are really low, plus he owned a home and two cars.
Another friend who had a terrible biking accident and couldn't walk for 6 months, or work, had been self employed, same thing. He tried to apply for disability, it's not an easy task as many claim on here. He gave up and survived by the help of friends till he got on his feet and went back to work.
The Medicaid expansion would allow those who fall between the gaps to buy insurance that would otherwise cost them $700 plus a month. Let's see if Rick Scott does something about it or gets voted out and Charlie Crist does.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1153132 Jun 19, 2014
John Galt wrote:
Death penalty would have been more appropriate for this deviant.....
A Dallas man who knowingly transmitted HIV to an underage girl received 75 years in jail from a jury on Wednesday.
Matthew Reese pleaded guilty to aggravated sexual assault of a child with a deadly weapon, aggravated sexual assault with serious bodily injury and sexual assault of a child on Monday.
Reese got 20 years and 55 years for two of the charges and could face and additional 20 years in prison if a third count is added to his sentence on Thursday.
He was 30 when he had a seven month relationship with the 15-year-old girl. Reese had been aware of his HIV status since 2006.
On Tuesday the victim took the stand and said he changed her life forever.
"I do blame him because he knew it. I feel like if he would have been upfront with me and told me I wouldn't have made that decision to actually be with him. I'm still young. I don't want to have to take medicine every day. If I forget I get paranoid," she said.
Mathew Reese is black! If he was white; it would be alright:

Call it “Affluenza”, call it whatever you want, but Samuel Curtis “S. C.” Johnson III, the 59-year-old billionaire heir to the S. C. Johnson & Sons (formerly Johnson’s Wax) fortune, is only going to do four measly months behind bars for his sexual assault of his underage stepdaughter.

Johnson confessed to repeatedly sexually assaulting his 12-year-old stepdaughter. Now his prison sentence of only four months from Racine County, Wisconsin Circuit Justice Eugene Gasiorkiewicz, has been justified citing the Johnson family’s importance in the community.

http://politicalblindspot.com/billionaire-onl...

Prevented this

#1153134 Jun 19, 2014
Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>I've posted this before, all one needs do is see the parking lots of doctors in the state that border Canada, the lots are full of cars with Canadian plates
the only entity making money in Detroit are hospitals and doctors.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1153135 Jun 19, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Correct, which means that Medicaid covers more than mothers with children. There are a host of others who also qualify for and receive Medicaid in our state.
How much is the government paying?

How to quality for a government health insurance subsidy
July 23, 2013|By Kimberly Lankford
As health care reform kicks into high gear, many Americans are asking: Will I qualify for a government subsidy to buy health insurance under the new health care law, and when do the changes kick in?

Eligibility depends on your income, family size and the cost of coverage in your area. The biggest changes from the health care law take effect on Jan. 1, 2014, when insurers will no longer be able to reject people for coverage or charge higher rates because of their health.

The law also sets limits on how much insurers may charge older buyers (for example, premiums for a 64-year-old can be no more than three times as much as they are for a 21-year-old). The law requires individuals to have health insurance or pay a penalty, and it gives people the opportunity to buy coverage on new state health insurance exchanges.

Many middle- to low-income people who buy coverage through the exchanges will also get government tax credits to help pay for their health insurance.

You can qualify for this subsidy if your income is less than 400 percent of the federal poverty level, which is about $46,000 for an individual and $94,000 for a family of four in 2013. The subsidy represents the difference between the amount you're expected to contribute based on your income and the cost of the benchmark plan for someone your age in your state.

If your adjusted gross income is $70,650 for a family of four, for example, you're expected to pay 9.5 percent of your income for the benchmark plan's premiums. If your family's premiums for the benchmark plan are $12,500, you'd be expected to pay $6,711 of the premium and would get a tax credit worth about $5,790, according to Families USA.

You could buy a plan that costs more or less than the benchmark plan, but your subsidy would remain the same. You can run your numbers through the Kaiser Family Foundation's health insurance subsidy calculator. You'll also be able to get details about your subsidy through your state's health insurance exchange as the sites are launched in the next few months (see HealthCare.gov for more information, including links to state exchanges.)

You can only get the subsidy if you buy your coverage through the exchange, and you can't get a subsidy if you have an offer of insurance from your employer that meets certain standards. Open enrollment for the exchanges begins on Oct. 1, 2013, for coverage beginning in 2014. The subsidy is sent directly to your insurance company and applied to your premiums when you buy the coverage through the exchange.

A recent study by Avalere Health estimates that 40 percent of individuals who currently have nongroup health insurance (and 46 percent of people who are currently uninsured) will qualify for the subsidies, and about two-thirds of young adults (age 30 or under) who are currently uninsured or have nongroup health insurance will be eligible for the subsidies.

Many early retirees are likely to qualify, too, especially if their income drops after they stop working (subsidies are only available if you are under age 65). For more information about coverage choices for early retirees under the new health care law, see New Health Insurance Options for Early Retirees.

Prevented this

#1153136 Jun 19, 2014
Asked Wednesday if he had any response to criticism by Vice President Dick Cheney and his daughter Liz that no president had done worse in office than Barack Obama, White House press secretary Jay Carney delivered the perfect reply.
"Which president was he talking about?" he deadpanned at his final White House briefing.
"It's always good to hear from former Vice President Dick Cheney," he added
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/18/jay-...
Even Carney doesn't want to acknowledge O'bama. Who can blame him?
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1153137 Jun 19, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>it appears she also was boned by former President Bill Clinton.
So was your old lady, Moose breath.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1153138 Jun 19, 2014
<quoted text>
I once made an inquiry for a friend who retired at 62, thinking he could qualify for Medicaid because he lives on social security and he was denied.
The income levels for qualifying are really low, plus he owned a home and two cars.
Another friend who had a terrible biking accident and couldn't walk for 6 months, or work, had been self employed, same thing. He tried to apply for disability, it's not an easy task as many claim on here. He gave up and survived by the help of friends till he got on his feet and went back to work.
The Medicaid expansion would allow those who fall between the gaps to buy insurance that would otherwise cost them $700 plus a month. Let's see if Rick Scott does something about it or gets voted out and Charlie Crist does.
Your original post (in florida only women with children)was not accurate.

www.benefits.gov/benefits/benefit-details/162...

Scott should stop playing politics__this is a big state with far too many uninsured.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1153139 Jun 19, 2014
paddyomalley wrote:
<quoted text>
Shows you how stupid this administration is. 90% of the sixth graders in this country knew who Cheney was talking about. The president is stupid and he has surrounded himself with stupid people. Don'[t argue, prove it.
Sure they did but they had no idea who that lying azzed murderer Cheney was.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1153140 Jun 19, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
NBC/WSJ poll 54% says that Obama "Can't lead; get the job done."
"Quack, quack"--Obama
Thank goodness Obama is president now as opposed to that senile McCain, or Cruz. And all ou baggers do is stand on the sidelines and cheer as other people's sons and daughters die for you ego. You are a disgusting band of neanderthals.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1153141 Jun 19, 2014
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Have a nice day goober-hope you enjoyed the article, as I did!!
I did, thanks.
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1153142 Jun 19, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
So was your old lady, Moose breath.
Ghost Post:-#297762 Most of my uncles and even an aunt are truck drivers.

It's the culture...
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1153143 Jun 19, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>no no not really boring -the neighbors who are Illegal mexicans love the stuff, they buy a bunch of beer and smoke weed until it appears to be fog, start to fight, and then the police come and raid the place. It was exciting.
Maybe you should try and move out of the Ghetto, get off of Snaps and stop selling crack.

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#1153144 Jun 19, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Government, organization it doesn't matter.
Your idea that we can say anything is the same as something else because it might change in the future is a stupid argument.
Stupid.
I'm thinking today., You are making up sh*t about tomorrow.
Canada has had single payer since 1984. Is it the same as the VA?
Stupid argument? It could be. Can you guarantee that it won't once the national government is charged inclusively with public health? No one can predict the future. You said congress can do what it wants.

We are more diverse and complex than Canada. Canada's population is about the same as California. If California had the ability to eliminate Medicare and Medicaid and initiate a single payer system for everyone for itself, I wouldn't have a problem with that.

The European Union has a parliament in Brussels, yet all the nations in the union have their own healthcare plans.

Since: May 11

Carlisle, PA

#1153145 Jun 19, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> It's like watching grass grow. Boring as hell.
I'm sure nothing beats watching cars driving around in circles all day.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr believed 239,570
Obama has LEAK under sink. 8 hr TroyTheRealPlumber 39
Graduation in Detroit. 8 hr Beyond Stoooopid 3
The Scoop on Weiner. 8 hr Weiners A weiner 4
Local Politics Do you approve of Michael Madigan as ? 8 hr HANG MADIGAN 3
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) 12 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 8,068
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 12 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 63,569

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages