Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1419754 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: May 11

Carlisle, PA

#1152058 Jun 17, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> So as Obamacare blows up as planned and the libtards get single payer what do you call that? In my part of the country we call that government run healthcare. A disaster in the making not to mention a doubling of the tax rate.
Funny sh*t, Flack. You GD bozos are calling the ACA government run healthcare.

BTW, in single payor the government pays but you choose your own private doctors & get care in private institutions.

So no, even single payor is not government run healthcare.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1152059 Jun 17, 2014
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
Ghost. Why do you keep doing it then? You basically said the same thing earlier today as Ghost so why are you repeating yourself, you idiot?
You are a total moron, anyone with an ounce of perception would know that isn't me. Actually whoever that is he or she is a bit better versed than I. I don't mind admitting that.
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1152060 Jun 17, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
who signed off on the Iraq War?
Bush.
President Clinton who signed the Iraq Liberation Act on October 31, 1998 authorizing military action against Iraq you dumbass....

It's the culture...

Since: May 11

Carlisle, PA

#1152062 Jun 17, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> I believe the words he used was "I will not be sending troops back into Iraq". "The will be no boots on the ground". Less than 24 hours later "Obama sends 275 Special Forces to Iraq" Yes I know they are going to the Embassy. Doesn't matter he lied, again!!!!
So if Obama would beef up embassy security in France, you would be running through the steets screaming " OMG OMG Obama sending troops to France"

Well, you probably would.

But anyone that isa not a complete assh*le would not.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1152063 Jun 17, 2014
Fool Me Once

Paul Wolfowitz, Bill Kristol, and their fellow neocons botched Iraq. Now they want to tell you what they think. Ignore them.

Let’s say you’re an academic-turned-public official who helped push your government into war. You promised an easy victory and an inexpensive reconstruction, financed by the conquered nation’s oil revenue. You built your case on the presence of weapons of mass destruction in the targeted country, and then switched gears—this was a war for “liberation”—when none were found.

Within a year of the invasion, it was clear your advocacy was a mistake. The easy occupation never materialized, and America was stuck with an expensive quagmire. The war you helped engineer had become a disaster for everyone involved, with countless deaths and trillions in wasted dollars. Now, more than a decade later, the United States has ended its war and left this country to handle its own affairs. And in short order, it has collapsed into chaos and anarchy, thanks to sectarian leadership and deadly extremists.

Given your role in building this catastrophe, you should be barred from public comment, since anything you could say is outweighed by the damage you’ve done. But this assumes a world where elites, like yourself, are accountable for their ideas. Not only are we not in that world, we’re in its opposite, where failed elites are invited to pontificate on their failures, as if they haven’t been already discredited by their performances.

....The simple fact is this: We are a country where poor teenagers are locked up for the slightest transgression, but with vanishingly few exceptions, elites are shielded from the consequences of their actions. If you’re a billionaire who funds calls for aggressive austerity at the expense of ordinary Americans, a banker who helped crash the global economy, or a pundit who pushed the country into a disastrous war, you’ll never be sanctioned. If anything, you’ll be rewarded with audiences to listen to you, firms to hire you, and producers to book you on Sunday morning shows.

Neocons deserve one thing: to be ignored.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politi...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1152064 Jun 17, 2014
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>President Clinton who signed the Iraq Liberation Act on October 31, 1998 authorizing military action against Iraq you dumbass....
It's the culture...

Bush.
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1152065 Jun 17, 2014
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
Ghost. Why do you keep doing it then? You basically said the same thing earlier today as Ghost so why are you repeating yourself, you idiot?
Nostrilis Waxmoron is not 79 years old and a retard like ghost.

Ghost knows nothing of or how the internet or Topixs works... his opinions are worthless and illiterate. I have pictures of ghosts car he claims, that were uploaded to the Lawson's website... Ghost is ignorant on technology, but a great bagger......

Nostrilis Waxmoron is PATRICK, in a ghetto in Palm Beach,FL..

It's the culture...
GOOD NEWS

Lillington, NC

#1152066 Jun 17, 2014
Psalm 37
Living Bible (TLB)
37 Never envy the wicked! 2 Soon they fade away like grass and disappear. 3 Trust in the Lord instead. Be kind and good to others; then you will live safely here in the land and prosper, feeding in safety.
4 Be delighted with the Lord. Then he will give you all your heart’s desires. 5 Commit everything you do to the Lord. Trust him to help you do it, and he will. 6 Your innocence will be clear to everyone. He will vindicate you with the blazing light of justice shining down as from the noonday sun.
7 Rest in the Lord; wait patiently for him to act. Don’t be envious of evil men who prosper.
8 Stop your anger! Turn off your wrath. Don’t fret and worry—it only leads to harm. 9 For the wicked shall be destroyed, but those who trust the Lord shall be given every blessing. 10 Only a little while and the wicked shall disappear. You will look for them in vain. 11 But all who humble themselves before the Lord shall be given every blessing and shall have wonderful peace.
12-13 The Lord is laughing at those who plot against the godly, for he knows their judgment day is coming. 14 Evil men take aim to slay the poor; they are ready to butcher those who do right. 15 But their swords will be plunged into their own hearts, and all their weapons will be broken.
16 It is better to have little and be godly than to own an evil man’s wealth; 17 for the strength of evil men shall be broken, but the Lord takes care of those he has forgiven.[a]
18 Day by day the Lord observes the good deeds done by godly men,[b] and gives them eternal rewards. 19 He cares for them when times are hard; even in famine, they will have enough. 20 But evil men shall perish. These enemies of God will wither like grass and disappear like smoke. 21 Evil men borrow and “cannot pay it back”! But the good man returns what he owes with some extra besides. 22 Those blessed by the Lord shall inherit the earth, but those cursed by him shall die.
23 The steps of good men are directed by the Lord. He delights in each step they take. 24 If they fall, it isn’t fatal, for the Lord holds them with his hand.
25 I have been young and now I am old. And in all my years I have never seen the Lord forsake a man who loves him; nor have I seen the children of the godly go hungry. 26 Instead, the godly are able to be generous with their gifts and loans to others, and their children are a blessing.
27 So if you want an eternal home, leave your evil, low-down ways and live good lives. 28 For the Lord loves justice and fairness; he will never abandon his people. They will be kept safe forever; but all who love wickedness shall perish.
29 The godly shall be firmly planted in the land and live there forever. 30-31 The godly man is a good counselor because he is just and fair and knows right from wrong.
32 Evil men spy on the godly, waiting for an excuse to accuse them and then demanding their death. 33 But the Lord will not let these evil men succeed, nor let the godly be condemned when they are brought before the judge.
34 Don’t be impatient for the Lord to act! Keep traveling steadily along his pathway and in due season he will honor you with every blessing,[c] and you will see the wicked destroyed. 35-36 I myself have seen it happen: a proud and evil man, towering like a cedar of Lebanon, but when I looked again, he was gone! I searched but could not find him! 37 But the good man—what a different story! For the good man—the blameless, the upright, the man of peace—he has a wonderful future ahead of him. For him there is a happy ending. 38 But evil men shall be destroyed, and their posterity shall be cut off.
39 The Lord saves the godly! He is their salvation and their refuge when trouble comes. 40 Because they trust in him, he helps them and delivers them from the plots of evil men.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1152067 Jun 17, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Bullshit I have no desire to give most of my money to the government.
Vermont Democrats Labeling State's Single-Payer Health Plan a Failure
Christine Rousselle | Mar 18, 2014
Christine Rousselle
Share on Facebook 589 752 SHARES
In 2011, Vermont passed the nation's first single-payer healthcare system, "Green Mountain Care." While the law was supposed to be fully enacted by 2017, it has become apparent that there's no solid plan in place to actually pay for the healthcare of all Vermont residents. Democratic lawmakers, citing missed deadlines and past failures, have begun to call for Vermont Governor Peter Shumlin to "shelve" the plan.
“The deadlines for proposing financing have been missed two years in a row now, so to me that’s very disappointing. It’s becoming clearer and clearer that there is no financing plan,” Condon told Vermont Watchdog.
The cost of one year of Green Mountain Care is estimated to be anywhere from 1.6 to 2.2 billion dollars. This is equal to the entire tax revenue of the state of Vermont.
Sen. Bobby Starr, another Democrat who voted against Act 48, told Vermont Watchdog in January there’s “no way” single-payer can work without new taxes. Indeed, no lawmaker has introduced any bill that would finance single-payer health care without also raising taxes.
It's foolish for Vermont to even entertain the thought of a single-payer system when its attempt at implementing an Obamacare exchange didn't go so well. Green Mountain Care is way too expensive for the state, and raising taxes is going to make an already business-unfriendly state even worse.
Bwahahahaha!!!!
Christine Rouselle is a right wing whack lying bioch blogger at Townhall. What else ya got Junebug?
YesWeKenny

Palm Coast, FL

#1152068 Jun 17, 2014
Kenny wrote:
A president Reagan would have sent in Marines with no ammo.
And they would have been successful!
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1152069 Jun 17, 2014
Why are Paul Bremer and Paul Wolfowitz lying out their azzes about the Iraq troop withdrawal?

Why are news agencies even allowing those two scumbags airtime?
YesWeKenny

Palm Coast, FL

#1152070 Jun 17, 2014
spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh?
Obama's answer to everything that's happened while he wasn't paying attention.
THE TRUE GOD

Lillington, NC

#1152071 Jun 17, 2014
THE TRUE GOD IS IN COTROL!!!!!!!!!!

Isaiah 55
King James Bible

11So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

Proverbs 21

21st Century King James Version (KJ21)

21 The king’s heart is in the hand of the Lord; as the rivers of water, He turneth it whithersoever He will.
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1152072 Jun 17, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush.
President Clinton who signed the Iraq Liberation Act into law on October 31, 1998 authorizing military action against Iraq you dumbass....

Osama bin Laden declaring war against Bill Clinton, the United States and the West.
on May 26, 1998 you retard...

December 16,1998 WASHINGTON (CNN)-- From the Oval Office, President Clinton told the nation Wednesday evening why he ordered new military strikes against Iraq and starts World War III with Iraq you moron.

It's the culture..
YesWeKenny

Palm Coast, FL

#1152073 Jun 17, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
Supreme Court Moves Toward Legalizing Lying In Campaigns
The U.S. Supreme Court ruled in an unanimous opinion Monday that the anti-abortion group Susan B. Anthony List has standing to sue over an Ohio law that prevented it from making false statements about a political candidate in 2010.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/16/scot...
Now that Obama has been named "Liar of the Year", everyone else wants in on it, too.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1152074 Jun 17, 2014
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>President Clinton who signed the Iraq Liberation Act on October 31, 1998 authorizing military action against Iraq you dumbass....
It's the culture...
Bush-Cheney hyped and lied us into that war all by themselves. Clinton started no war and left those two idiots the best of everything including the possibility of an attack and pretty much how they would do it. You morons on the right will say and pretend anything in order to share the blame...SORRY BUNKEY but you own it. Plain and simple. Regardless who went along with it. Most actually believed the lies along with the mood of the nation at that time was fear and revenge against the ones that did 911. So Bush took advantage of that and attacked a nation that had neever done anything to us. You obviously have some mental issues that are in dire need of correcting. So go take care of that, I'm sure a loser like you has no insurance, so just tell them that Ghost sent you.
YesWeKenny

Palm Coast, FL

#1152075 Jun 17, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
It's amazing isn't it? Carol is getting dumber by the day. People should avoid the troll Floriduh and his various lame attempts to continually change his name as if we're fooled.
It's too late. You already ARE a fool, and a drunk one, at that.
YesWeKenny

Palm Coast, FL

#1152076 Jun 17, 2014
Realtime wrote:
Why are Paul Bremer and Paul Wolfowitz lying out their azzes about the Iraq troop withdrawal?
Why are news agencies even allowing those two scumbags airtime?
Because unlike Obama and his worshippers like you, they speak the truth.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1152077 Jun 17, 2014
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Nostrilis Waxmoron is not 79 years old and a retard like ghost.
Ghost knows nothing of or how the internet or Topixs works... his opinions are worthless and illiterate. I have pictures of ghosts car he claims, that were uploaded to the Lawson's website... Ghost is ignorant on technology, but a great bagger......
Nostrilis Waxmoron is PATRICK, in a ghetto in Palm Beach,FL..
It's the culture...
You to be one of the biggest crybabies on here, but you are right that isn't me. I only post as Ghost...But it's nice to watch old Waxballs blood pressure and obsessive mentality explode. By the way you are critically ill from the neck up yourself.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1152078 Jun 17, 2014
YesWeKenny wrote:
<quoted text> It's too late. You already ARE a fool, and a drunk one, at that.
Old one nut Waxball strikes again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 15 min Ize Found 70,959
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 33 min District 1 222,681
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 35 min Actual Science 61,068
last post wins! (Dec '10) 12 hr honeymylove 2,427
last post wins! (Apr '13) 15 hr They cannot kill ... 1,475
Social Security 16 hr Master L-Bates 8
Star news is Annoying. 16 hr Jerkt toff 1

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages