Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1233564 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1150329 Jun 13, 2014
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, no 9/11, no war in Afghanistan, no war in Iraq, no housing bubble, no global recession, no collapse of the banking industry, no bailout of the auto industry, probably a balanced budget. Sounds pretty bad eh?
The Hells kitchen chef's Pelosi and Reid cooked-up and produced nothing but poison, since 2007 losing 750,000 jobs per month, the worst recession in 80 years, controlling the purse strings, a Housing Collapse, Bank and Wall Street near a financial meltdown, tripling the debt, two quagmire wars Clinton started that Kerry and Clinton democRats voted for before they were against you ignorant dumbass...

AND... Hair Balls for brains Hairy Reid is still cooking-up more terrorism, poison and hate for America when W was and left office, something, an overdose of poison or sellout even Obama bin Lyin can't recover from today you complete idiot...

Real Americans, Veterans now see demokRATS for what they truly are today: losers, sellouts, drug dealers, communists and liars you deranged idiot...

It's the culture....
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1150330 Jun 13, 2014
flack wrote:
CBS NEWSJune 13, 2014, 10:35 AM
NORAD: Fighter jets scrambled after Russian bombers spotted off California
Russian strategic long range bombers fly over the Kremlin on Red Square in Moscow on May 7, 2009 during a dress rehearsal for the May 9 Victory Day parade celebrating the end of WII. NATALIA KOLESNIKOVA/AFP/GETTY IMAGES
4 Comments Shares 37 Tweets Stumble Email More +
Authorities say two F-22 fighter jets were scrambled after a pair of Russian bombers were spotted 50 miles off the coast of California earlier this week, Reuters reported, citing a NORAD spokesperson.
Major Beth Smith, of North American Aerospace Defense Command, said that the long-range Russian bombers never officially entered U.S. airspace when two NORAD fighter jets made visual contact with them.
The incident occurred about five hours after four Russian bombers and a refueling tanker were seen entering the so-called Air Defense Identification Zone (ADIZ), airspace that extends about 200 miles from the U.S. coast. The Russian aircraft left the ADIZ after being identified by two fighters from the Alaskan NORAD region, Smith said.
Smith said the Russian planes' flight appeared to be part of a routine training mission, which Russian aircraft have carried out dozens of times in recent years in the ADIZ.
Time to head down to your bunker.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1150331 Jun 13, 2014
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, no 9/11, no war in Afghanistan, no war in Iraq, no housing bubble, no global recession, no collapse of the banking industry, no bailout of the auto industry, probably a balanced budget. Sounds pretty bad eh?
You get dumber by the day!!!

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1150332 Jun 13, 2014
We told you asshats this would happen.

You believed Bush and his idiot VP that invading Iraq was a good idea for Iraq.

Far more Iraqi's have died due to American interference and war than Saddam ever killed.

And Saddam could control his nation from terrorists, he killed terrorists before they became a problem.

Compare that to the Gov't that Bush installed.

Now you will all whine that Obama didn't save Iraq.

We lost Iraq in 2003, when Bush invaded.
TPRTY

East Hartford, CT

#1150333 Jun 13, 2014
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, no 9/11, no war in Afghanistan, no war in Iraq, no housing bubble, no global recession, no collapse of the banking industry, no bailout of the auto industry, probably a balanced budget.
You cannot believe that, can you? Are you truly that ignorant, that stupid?

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#1150334 Jun 13, 2014
On another note in my 56 years of life never have I heard a president use the words I, my, me,or mine more than this clown. This narcissistic loser thinks he's king!
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1150335 Jun 13, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
We liberated Iraq twice.
Bush I and Bush II.
the Iraqi's are abandoning their posts. Bush left behind a toothless leader in al Maliki.He made things worse between Sunni and Kurds in Iraq and now Iraq will be partitioned into three regions, just what Bush was warned of before he invaded.
And you idiots supported him!! How's it feel to look so stupid??
Rightwingers do not have the capacity to understand this.

Location hidden

#1150336 Jun 13, 2014
John Galt wrote:
Donald Sterling has hired investigators to dig up evidence of racist and sexist behavior by other NBA owners....
let the fun begin.....
Yes, that will be fun.

Some of them might be as deviant as Nobraina himself1!
Jean

Newburgh, NY

#1150337 Jun 13, 2014
Okay...just stopped by to remind all you RWNJ's to just STFU about what's happening in Iraq. As we all told you....nationbuilding in the middle of a hotbed of hundreds of years of religious and ethnic warfare ain't gonna work.
You got no creds.
Wish saying I told you so made any of this easier to accept but it doesn't.
Very, very sad for lots of people and this once great nation.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1150338 Jun 13, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> You get dumber by the day!!!
All those things happened under Bush whom you voted for twice, well except the balancing budget part, he spent like a maniac. And you call me dumb? LOL

Location hidden

#1150339 Jun 13, 2014
flack wrote:
By the time this ditherer gets around to doing something it will be to late! Mark my words!!!
U.S. weighs Iraq airstrikes, Obama says he won't send combat troops
By Barbara Starr and Tom Cohen, CNN
updated 12:19 PM EDT, Fri June 13, 2014
NEW: U.S. aircraft carrier heading to the Persian Gulf, source says
U.S. airstrikes could prove ineffective, planners say
ISIS lacks bona fide targets, could disperse fighters among civilians
[Adds breaking news update 12:11 p.m.]
President Barack Obama said Friday that the United States "will not be sending U.S. troops back into combat in Iraq," but that he would be reviewing a range of other options to support the Iraqi government against a sweeping advance by militant fighters. Obama said unless Iraq fixes its internal political problems, short-term military help from the United States won't make much difference.
Obama added that any decision on U.S. military support for Iraq "is going to take several days," adding that "this is not going to happen overnight."
Obama also said the United States is not going to get involved militarily again in Iraq without assurances that the government there is working toward a political solution.
[Original story moved at 11:49 a.m.]
Momentum toward U.S. military support for Iraq's struggling government increased Friday, with Ses intended to slow the progress of militants and help the Iraqi military regain its equilibrium.
How can Obama counter ISIS threat? Iraq desperate for options against ISIS ISIS dividing Iraq along ethnic lines Obama: Not 'ruling out anything' on Iraq
"We have already taken some immediate steps, including providing enhanced aerial surveillance support to assist the Iraqis in this fight," Kerry said. "We have also ramped up shipments of military aid to Iraq since the beginning of the year."
Meanwhile, the United States plans to move the aircraft carrier George H.W. Bush into the Persian Gulf in coming hours to provide Obama with options for possible airstrikes, a U.S. official told CNN on Friday, adding the move did not mean a final decision had been made.
No U.S. ground troops for now
While Obama said Thursday that his national security team was looking at "all options," White House spokesman Jay Carney told reporters that ground troops weren't being contemplated for now.
ISIS fighters have seized Iraq's second-largest city, Mosul, as part of an advance toward Baghdad that gave them control of large parts of the country's northern area.
Calls for American air strikes have increased in Washington, but U.S. military planners trying to find a way to help Iraq fend off the militant fighters are worried that such attacks could prove futile, several officials told CNN.
Among other complications, U.S. officials don't have good intelligence about where militants are. Even if they did, the militants don't have the type of targets -- command and control centers, air defense sites, military bases -- that lend themselves to aerial attacks, the officials said on condition of not being identified.
Republican Sen. John McCain of Arizona, a war veteran and critic of Obama administration policy in Iraq, told CNN on Friday that air strikes "are certainly something that should be considered, but I would point out that air strikes are not easy."
You're the fool who said he shouldn't help Syrian rebels. Now you think he should help a corrupt Gov't in Iraq that obviously does not have the suppport of it's own military, which is running away and abandoning all the weapons America gave them.

The Iraqi Gov't is a failure. It's th eGov't that Bush lsft in place. DUH

This invasion of Iraq is a result of the Syrian rebellion.

All goes back to Bush's stupidity in 2003.
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1150340 Jun 13, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, it's Kirkuk, not Tikrit and the kurds have already dismissed ISIS/ISIL in the typical chaotic Kurdish manner.
Anything else is a fairy tale. Realtime, a the typical redneck democrat in Deltona, FL, a goat herder and blames others for his stupid because he's the idiot...

It's the culture...

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#1150341 Jun 13, 2014
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Time to head down to your bunker.
It's up to my bunker and I will be headed that way for a while in two weeks after my oldest child gets back from Harvard.
TPRTY

East Hartford, CT

#1150342 Jun 13, 2014
“[L]ooking out as I was speaking to [the illegal immigrants] and then shaking their hands, and giving them hugs and high-fives and all the things that kids do on a graduation, I thought to myself: How could we not want to invest in these kids?”

Translation: How can I not do everything in my power to turn them into left wing democrats?
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1150343 Jun 13, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
We liberated Iraq twice.
Bush I and Bush II.
the Iraqi's are abandoning their posts. Bush left behind a toothless leader in al Maliki.He made things worse between Sunni and Kurds in Iraq and now Iraq will be partitioned into three regions, just what Bush was warned of before he invaded.
And you idiots supported him!! How's it feel to look so stupid??
It likely will end up being partitioned__hard to pick a winner in that scenario though.
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1150344 Jun 13, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, that will be fun.
Some of them might be as deviant as Nobraina himself1!
Anyone who says he knows who might be a deviant is likely telling you what he thinks rather than what he knows...

AND... You can tell more about nutsack by what he says about others than you can by what others say about you deviant...

It's the culture...

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#1150345 Jun 13, 2014
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>All those things happened under Bush whom you voted for twice, well except the balancing budget part, he spent like a maniac. And you call me dumb? LOL
Yes I do! From usgovernmentspending.com

Recent US Federal Deficit Numbers
Obama Deficits
FY 2015*:$564 billion
FY 2014*:$649 billion
FY 2013:$680 billion
FY 2012:$1,087 billion
FY 2011:$1,300 billion
FY 2010:$1,294 billion Bush Deficits
FY 2009†:$1,413 billion
FY 2008:$458 billion
FY 2007:$161 billion
FY 2006:$248 billion
FY 2005:$318 billion

Now who spends like a maniac?

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#1150346 Jun 13, 2014
bbl
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1150347 Jun 13, 2014
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Rightwingers do not have the capacity to understand this.
THAT OBAMA STICKER ON YOUR CAR - might as well say, "Yes, I'm Stupid"

It's the culture...
TPRTY

East Hartford, CT

#1150348 Jun 13, 2014
Child Immigrant Facility Tour Won't Let Congressmen Take Pictures, Ask Questions

Sent to members of Congress and staff by Rose Hacking, of the office of the assistant secretary of legislation at HHS, the invitation comes with the following commands:

No recording devices will be allowed (We may ask you to leave your cellphone in our vehicle)

No questions will be allowed during the tour, but questions will be addressed later

No interacting with staff and children at the shelter
We will provide photos of the facility after the tour

During the tour,”the tour guide will detail what goes on from room to room and the services youth are provided on a daily basis,” the email invitation reads.

But one congressional staffer invited to tour the facility called the planned tours “a dog and pony show.”

“Don’t talk to anyone, don’t record anything you might happen to see, but come visit us and we’ll give you a sanitized story with only the photos and accounts we want you to have,” said the staffer, who requested anonymity.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 10 min TRD 70,031
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 14 min IBdaMann 53,466
Dear Abby 5-27-15 20 min Kuuipo 12
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 28 min boundary painter 413
Baltimore 28 min THUGS Forever 6
American Cop 30 min Rank-N-File COPS 2
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 38 min boundary painter 1,388
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Jacques Orleans 190,038
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]