Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1681143 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Katrina

Tempe, AZ

#1151685 Jun 16, 2014
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>woodtick always going nowhere, woodtick always driving a park car..
It's the culture...
He does the same thing on "the president has failed us" thread. Bluff. Bravado. Obnoxious

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1151686 Jun 16, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Frankly speaking; if I were Hillary; I wouldn't want the job. However, politicians are a quirky lot. She may or may not run; but my bet is that she will.
Same with McCain; I wondered why he would want that job; he's very wealthy and old, why not go and relax?
"silly"
And "hilarious is not old and wealthy?
Peace
KMA
GPUAR

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1151687 Jun 16, 2014
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
NO we should NOT have. There was NO reason for it. NOTHING attacked us.
It was a DIRECT breach of the UNITED STATES War Powers Act.
FAILED FOREIGN ( feigned) of following NO American dotdam Policy, that's for certain.
SO which Muslim leadership role in government are YOU "standing" with Tick-in the "tide wind shift" of power grabbing insanity, because which ever one it is dhmazz liburhrulTic-
YOU are in the WRONG damn flckn country!
you are an ignorant asshole...you don't have clue one as to what the hell you are talking about.

again, leave the leading to those of us that can actually think...you will never be anything but the bottom feeder, living off the morsels of those so far above you you cannot comperehend them at all.
Katrina

Tempe, AZ

#1151688 Jun 16, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>is this coming from your three years on the honor roll at you college? don't think yo can mess with me, slug...i am species above you.
Im faster than you'll ever live to be." - Clint Eastwood "High Plains Drifter."
TheIndependentMa jority

Elyria, OH

#1151689 Jun 16, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you actually come close to getting your facts straight. even AQ is denouncing this ISIS groups of radicals.
why can't you people even talk about current issues plastered across every headline in the world without getting it wrong?
You know WHY?

Learned FACTS.

And if you had a CLUE, you would comprehend-"AQ" denouncing itself as "ISIS", is just MORE dark age TACTICs of the ILLOGICAL...of dark age political CORRUPTION, from the top all the bottom of the barbarians.

REALLY---one little brain THOUGHT should tell anyone that--that has some common damn sense anyway.

GET A CLUE.

Terrorist Designations of Ansar al-Sharia (LIBYA/Benghazi) as an Alias for Al-Qaida in the Arabian Peninsula

Office of the Spokesperson
Washington, DC
October 4, 2012

The Department of State amended the Foreign Terrorist Organization (FTO) and E.O. 13224 designations of al-Qa’ida in the Arabian Peninsula to include the new alias, Ansar al-Shari’a (AAS). The Department of State previously designated AQAP as an FTO and under E.O. 13224 on January 19, 2010.

AAS – which is based in Yemen and is a separate entity from Ansar al-Shari’a in Libya – was established to attract potential followers to SHARIA's rule in areas under the control of AQAP.

However, AAS is simply AQAP’s effort to rebrand itself, with the aim of manipulating people to join AQAP’s terrorist cause.

<Now PAY ATTENTION>....

AAS has publicly stated that the particular brand of shari’a they hope to implement is the same as that espoused by the Afghan Taliban and the ***Islamic State of Iraq***, a militant umbrella group and designated Foreign Terrorist Organization that includes al-Qa’ida in Iraq.

Do you SEE the links YET?

WE had NO BUSINESS supplying anything to Libya!

Direct breach of the UNITED STATES of CIVIL Law War Powers Act!!!!!!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1151690 Jun 16, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
The power hungry should expect such...Hillary being the more power hungry of the bunch.
Her husband shamed her into lying about 'a vast rightwing conspiracy'. Suppose you forgot that. How convenient.
Not to mention she lied about a video in the wake of four Americans' deaths in an attack on 9/11.
Liberals mock conservative leaders who have convictions. How can liberal leaders who lie and deceive for personal gain expect not to be mocked?
There was a vast right wing conspiracy; she wasn't lying

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1151691 Jun 16, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Really???/ So the deaths of 4, 500 men and women along with 30,000 injured and 4-6 trillion was a victory???? Iraq was a lot better off under Saddam and that is a proven fact now. You are an idiot.
"poop"
I would bet that the Kurds, of whom 100's died at the hand of sadamn would disagree with your assessment.
Peace
KMA
GPUAR
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1151692 Jun 16, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Lebron James will leave Miami soon to join a better group of players than the losers on the Heat....
We shall see, I don't think he's going to leave, perhaps others will and we'll get new players

St. Croix valley

#1151693 Jun 16, 2014
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
You know WHY?
Learned FACTS.
And if you had a CLUE, you would comprehend-"AQ" denouncing itself as "ISIS", is just MORE dark age TACTICs of the ILLOGICAL...of dark age political CORRUPTION, from the top all the bottom of the barbarians.
REALLY---one little brain THOUGHT should tell anyone that--that has some common damn sense anyway.
GET A CLUE.
Terrorist Designations of Ansar al-Sharia (LIBYA/Benghazi) as an Alias for Al-Qaida in the Arabian Peninsula
Office of the Spokesperson
Washington, DC
October 4, 2012
The Department of State amended the Foreign Terrorist Organization (FTO) and E.O. 13224 designations of al-Qa’ida in the Arabian Peninsula to include the new alias, Ansar al-Shari’a (AAS). The Department of State previously designated AQAP as an FTO and under E.O. 13224 on January 19, 2010.
AAS – which is based in Yemen and is a separate entity from Ansar al-Shari’a in Libya – was established to attract potential followers to SHARIA's rule in areas under the control of AQAP.
However, AAS is simply AQAP’s effort to rebrand itself, with the aim of manipulating people to join AQAP’s terrorist cause.
<Now PAY ATTENTION>....
AAS has publicly stated that the particular brand of shari’a they hope to implement is the same as that espoused by the Afghan Taliban and the ***Islamic State of Iraq***, a militant umbrella group and designated Foreign Terrorist Organization that includes al-Qa’ida in Iraq.
Do you SEE the links YET?
WE had NO BUSINESS supplying anything to Libya!
Direct breach of the UNITED STATES of CIVIL Law War Powers Act!!!!!!
hiny side out, fool.

why did AQ denounce them? when you understand how cults work you will be infinitely smarter.
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1151694 Jun 16, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
What difference does it make dumbass? AFter all you always answer your own questions and make up your own sh1t, with a 100 different names you poor old insecure tub of sh1t.
Captain Ghost 79 years old... LOL... Post#305799:- I served they are the ones that send me my $1,000 a month check, and my tri-care along with a few other perks..

And... ass clowns like you ghost who take 20+ years to reach a rank that a college graduate can reach in two years. Loser. Isn't it embarrassing to be a 40-year old wanna be Captain ghost, making $1000.00 a month you dumbass?

It's the culture...

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#1151695 Jun 16, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Then elaborate for us carol, what did he say that would make our military sound like Attila The Hun, so tell us.

Genghis Khan...not Attila the Hun...another murderous barbarian.

The war crimes Kerry spoke of were not isolated incidents but crimes committed on a day-to-day basis with the full awareness of officers at all levels of command.

Things like personally raping, cutting off ears, cutting off heads, taping wires from portable telephones to human genitals and turning up the power, cutting off limbs, randomly shooting at civilians and razing villages in a fashion reminiscent of Genghis Khan.

War changes men. Vietnam was a particularly horrible war because of the senseless atrocities we all read and heard about.

But many served and died honorably in a war they didn't ask to be in either. Kerry forgot to mention that in his Genghis Khan speech.

St. Croix valley

#1151697 Jun 16, 2014
Katrina wrote:
<quoted text>
He does the same thing on "the president has failed us" thread. Bluff. Bravado. Obnoxious
no, i porve your bullshit post after post, like you college "honor roll" an honor roll in college...what a tool!

you ran from that one like the lying coward you are.. species above you, dear.....species...
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1151699 Jun 16, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you are an ignorant asshole...you don't have clue one as to what the hell you are talking about.
again, leave the leading to those of us that can actually think...you will never be anything but the bottom feeder, living off the morsels of those so far above you you cannot comperehend them at all.
you are an ignorant asshole., blah, blah... woodtick code speak for having no facts you idiot....

Complaining about a problem without proposing a solution is called whining you retard...

Instead of names and meaningless insults woodtick, jump out there and prove him wrong or whine on you ignorant dumbass... Yet another bagger liberal running backwards.

It's the culture....
TheIndependentMa jority

Elyria, OH

#1151700 Jun 16, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you are an ignorant asshole...you don't have clue one as to what the hell you are talking about.
In your dreams-bullchit LOSER....sorry about your DELUSION-that MANY in the American public see FAR more than what YOU can comprehend!

St. Croix valley

#1151701 Jun 16, 2014
SomebodySmackThisDumbass wrote:
<quoted text> Killary Hinton TOLD the family of one of the murdered Americans that the VIDEO caused the attack. YOU keep lying you piece of SCUM. Now go fcuk yourself you commie traitorous trash.
you lied in your earlier post...

i knew that..good that you know know it.

any time i can smack more truth into you. let me know.
TheIndependentMa jority

Elyria, OH

#1151702 Jun 16, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>hiny side out, fool.
why did AQ denounce them? when you understand how cults work you will be infinitely smarter.
Same reason bin_laden was initially bounced and renounced --not enough greased palms.

But that's changed now --hasn't it MORON.

When you understand how savages and barbarians operate, and how abject FAILED and CORRUPT statehoods enable them, you might finally have a clue.
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1151703 Jun 16, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no, i porve your bullshit post after post, like you college "honor roll" an honor roll in college...what a tool!
you ran from that one like the lying coward you are.. species above you, dear.....species...
Is entertaining to watch woodtick make an asshat of yourself you idiot, you write like a 12 year old, and it's rather obvious woodtick has no college degree..

You are better off raking leaves and too stupid to get into the military Jeff..

It's the culture...

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#1151704 Jun 16, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>I was still in the Army when Kerry testified before congress, not in RVN though but at Harmony Church GA and considering my own options__stay or go!
Kerry was talking sht__that's for sure__many Vietnam vets were talking shit__crazier than what Kerry was saying__a lot crazier.
Kerry would later explain that many of the stories he told weren't actually his to tell and others were exaggerated. Nothing new there__war stories rarely belong to the guy who is telling them.
The value in Kerry's testimony was in pulling back the veil of lies and giving "the nation" a peek behind it. Others had already told those stories but not in front of congress or to a (smallish) national television audience.
Kerry's Vietnam was much different than mine and mine was much different than that of many others who served there.
I wasn't pizzed at Kerry, I was pizzed at Command Sergeant Major Wooldridge.
We saw it every day on television, in the news, in the movies and in returning veterans ourselves. Unlike the invisible Afghanistan/Pakistan war.

We didn't need Kerry to pull back anything. He would have done better to simply curse those who had started and escalated that war than paint the entire military with the same brush.

You may have missed all the unrest in this country and the protests that went on for years.

That war divided this country. We knew what was going on. We didn't need a "peek" into anything.
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1151705 Jun 16, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text> you lied in your earlier post...
To live a creative life you bagger, woodtick must lose his fear of being wrong...

It's better to live and lose than to live your life a psycho the rest of your life you retard....

Forgive yourself woodtick, for not knowing what you didn't know before you learned it you dumbass...

It's the culture...
TheIndependentMa jority

Elyria, OH

#1151706 Jun 16, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text> you lied in your earlier post...
Hard for a delusional IDIOT to garner what REALITY is, and isn't..let alone any TRUTH.

TRUTH-sure aint NOTHING this current bunch of ID-EE-YuTs figured out!!!

----------

Islamic State of Iraq

Details
Center of Gravity Iraq
Scope National
Goal Establish Sunni Islamic state in Iraq
Status Supported by al-Qaeda
Alias(es) Sunni Islamic State of Iraq
Possibly the same as Mujahideen Shura Council
Possibly the same as Al-Qaeda in Iraq
Formed October 2006

Narrative and Notes: Just another al-Qaeda front; possibly a shadow government formed under the organization's auspices.

Mujahideen Shura Council

Details
Center of Gravity Iraq
Scope National
Leader Abu Ayyub al-Masri
Status Active
Status Supported by al-Qaeda
Possibly the same as Al-Qaeda in Iraq
Former leader Abu Musab al-Zarqawi
Key members Abdullah bin Rashid
Formed 2005

Narrative and Notes
Reliable Unclear if AKA for Al-Qaeda in Iraq or some kind of umbrella organization comprising al-Qaeda and other Sunni insurgent groups.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Phantom of the Oprah. 1 hr WhatWouldJesusDo 12
Time to send in the Feds 1 hr Kaliphornia Night... 4
Why we DON't need Hate Crimes 1 hr Cal-slides into P... 6
UN Troops? 2 hr UN Troops R Here 6
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 hr loose cannon 243,213
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 6 hr Alain Vain 11,727
White house press core 7 hr ACE MAN 1 2

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages